Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#1]
doesnt get anymore gun friendly than Wv
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The entire country is going to crumble in the next generation and there really isn't anything you can do about it.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yeah, MO could definitely benefit from a bit of border revision.  

And one less university.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in this boat as well

Born and raised in the way tippy top of Northern CA, which is about as conservative as it gets, or CA gets anyway..

Moved to NV in my mid 20s to escape the CA oppression, but considering I have worked for the state of CA since I was 18, I'm not really escaping anything

I'm now 31, my job is still great, it pays really well, and if the world (or at least CA) doesn't end in the next 15 years I can retire pretty young.

I am considering moving back to my roots in Northern CA, which seems crazy. but I already spend over half the year in the state and pay it's income tax

I'm super torn, NV is no better than CA, it's just a few years behind. My money will go a lot farther in northern CA and I will be surrounded by very hardy and like minded individuals, so between staying in the ever more liberal and expensive area of NV I am in or moving back to northern CA, CA takes it handedly.

But a small part of me wants to cut all ties and move to MO. I can take ~600k with me after selling everythign here, which would dwindle pretty fast, and if I stuck with my same career field not only would I be giving up that peachy retirement, I'd be lucky to take home 25% of what I do now. The most realistic option seems to be to hunker down in northern CA and wait for things to get really bad and try to weather the storm, and collect a great paycheck that will help me do that better until the bitter end. I will have chosen poorly if the whole world doesn't end, but only CA does, which is a very real scenario considering how fucked up this state is
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Its true. Ohio is one of the best states for gun rights and had at one time the second highest number of machine gun ownership in the USA. Republicans have strong hold of the government and even the democraps never seriously threaten gun rights here. Appalachian Ohio is great (and mountainous!).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
no one would believe it, but rural Ohio is a great place to live.  Pick almost any sub 15k population town that is 20+ miles from Columbus/Cincy/Toledo/Cleveland/Akron/Canton  and you will be able to live like normal Americans that liverals despise

Its true. Ohio is one of the best states for gun rights and had at one time the second highest number of machine gun ownership in the USA. Republicans have strong hold of the government and even the democraps never seriously threaten gun rights here. Appalachian Ohio is great (and mountainous!).

Plus Camp Perry.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Who cares? 40 acres with solar, well, and mound septic. Done
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's over, there are no free states left.

https://i.imgur.com/xvytkeP.jpg
View Quote

Quoted:

This. They will all be shit blue soon.
View Quote

Y'all realize that map has zero to do with politics, right?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Florida.

Idaho is full, the weather is cold, no jobs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Once our financial situation clears up we plan to move in the next year or two from a shit blue state

The real estate around us is crazy, over 500k for a 1bd 2bth townhouse.

House would probably have to be <700k and a decent amount of land (at least 3000 sq ft), want somewhere with good political climate and solid 2a rights.

Also a state/city with quite a bit of people because we do have children and good schools

We will also need somewhere that wont turn blue in the next 5-10ish years

Any recommendations?

Additional: prefer good weather, not too hot/cold or humid

Florida.

Idaho is full, the weather is cold, no jobs.

There's plenty of jobs in ID, I spent some time there not too long ago to scratch an itch.
The weather isn't bad at all either, but it's just not my home.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm in this boat as well

Born and raised in the way tippy top of Northern CA, which is about as conservative as it gets, or CA gets anyway..

Moved to NV in my mid 20s to escape the CA oppression, but considering I have worked for the state of CA since I was 18, I'm not really escaping anything

I'm now 31, my job is still great, it pays really well, and if the world (or at least CA) doesn't end in the next 15 years I can retire pretty young.

I am considering moving back to my roots in Northern CA, which seems crazy. but I already spend over half the year in the state and pay it's income tax

I'm super torn, NV is no better than CA, it's just a few years behind. My money will go a lot farther in northern CA and I will be surrounded by very hardy and like minded individuals, so between staying in the ever more liberal and expensive area of NV I am in or moving back to northern CA, CA takes it handedly.

But a small part of me wants to cut all ties and move to MO. I can take ~600k with me after selling everythign here, which would dwindle pretty fast, and if I stuck with my same career field not only would I be giving up that peachy retirement, I'd be lucky to take home 25% of what I do now. The most realistic option seems to be to hunker down in northern CA and wait for things to get really bad and try to weather the storm, and collect a great paycheck that will help me do that better until the bitter end. I will have chosen poorly if the whole world doesn't end, but only CA does, which is a very real scenario considering how fucked up this state is
View Quote
keep your job and move to MO to work remotely?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:04:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
keep your job and move to MO to work remotely?
View Quote

If I could figure that one out I would, I work for cal fire
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wasn't arguing with  you.  
View Quote

Sorry brother, I'm being a testy bitch today.

Fired up about all the election bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Y'all realize that map has zero to do with politics, right?
View Quote

Exactly.

Not even sure why it was posted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:08:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I could figure that one out I would, I work for cal fire
View Quote
cal fire?

probably not happening, then.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There's plenty of jobs in ID, I spent some time there not too long ago to scratch an itch.
The weather isn't bad at all either, but it's just not my home.
View Quote

We're going to check out AK this summer.

Just moved to Idaho last year, and miss the coast. I've dreamt of living in AK my entire life, and if I'm going to do it I better start looking harder.

All we need is internet, heck all we have here are our phones as hotspots, and it works ok.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:11:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That "Shit for brains is right".

Idaho is gaining liberals at an alarming rate whether you want to admit it or not.

Our "conservative" governor is a liberal as is our SOS. I have no idea what state you live in because it's not listed, but if it's Idaho your head is firmly in the sand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some shit-for-brains* was telling me Idaho is changing because of all the liberal Americans moving there.

I pointed out yeah, it's becoming measurable more conservative. Liberals don't want their kids forced to learn about American history. Liberals don't want God in their schools. Liberals don't want to live under conservative courts. Liberals don't want to live without the social welfare programs.

That "Shit for brains is right".

Idaho is gaining liberals at an alarming rate whether you want to admit it or not.

Our "conservative" governor is a liberal as is our SOS. I have no idea what state you live in because it's not listed, but if it's Idaho your head is firmly in the sand.

How is the duck and pheasant hunting in Idaho?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How is the duck and pheasant hunting in Idaho?
View Quote

Both are great, ducks aren't as good as western Washington, but pheasants are plentiful as are grouse.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The Oklahoma City area could stand for some true conservatives to move in. They are getting too blue, and that needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:24:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
doesnt get anymore gun friendly than Wv
View Quote

16 posts since 2006?

Seriously guys, what is with all the old accounts suddenly being dusted off lately?  This doesn't make sense wtf
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:30:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm kind of liking Oklahoma.

Open Carry, Constitutional Carry, fairly low taxes, mostly white (sorry ghetto apologists...)

Then again, tornadoes...
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm kind of liking Oklahoma.

Open Carry, Constitutional Carry, fairly low taxes, mostly white (sorry ghetto apologists...)

Then again, tornadoes...
View Quote

Shit roads or toll roads, and the rez... plural.

I'd rather not.

I wonder why the OP doesn't just pick a spot 20 minutes outside a city/state to his liking, and buy land and build on it... especially if his budget is $400k+.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Please come to Texas. We need help holding/ taking back the line.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:34:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Tennessee hands down. Everything up north is too cold, everything south of us is too hot. No state income tax.

You can get a ton of house on a ton of land for your budget.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Please come to Texas. We need help holding/ taking back the line.
View Quote

Where in texas is it good to move to, I heard Ft Worth was good but what else is there?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tennessee hands down. Everything up north is too cold, everything south of us is too hot. No state income tax.

You can get a ton of house on a ton of land for your budget.
View Quote

where in TN, I was looking near knoxville, anywhere else?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm in this boat as well

View Quote

Yreka?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#26]
All we got is meth, gangs, and Karens.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Stay where you're at, please.
View Quote

We should be encouraging like minded people to move to red states.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's over, there are no free states left.

https://i.imgur.com/xvytkeP.jpg
View Quote

You people south of us better pray NC and TN hold fast.

I don’t care if you’re a conservative moving to the south. If you have a bitchy, Karenesque liberal wife please stay where you are (not OP - in general). I’m so sick of that bitchy, whiny NE accent that can “do it better” than everyone she’s around. They need cunt punches  and a fishing expedition.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:10:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stay where you're at, please.

They're having too much fun chestthumping at muh outsiders to play the long game. Being a cognitive simpleton saves much needed mental bandwidth better reserved for chili with beans arguments and which sports sportsball team is superior
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:21:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You would LOVE Florida OP.
View Quote

Yes, come to Florida and boost my property values so I can afford to move to Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

where in TN, I was looking near knoxville, anywhere else?
View Quote

I grew up in west TN, lived north of Knoxville for 3 years, and we settled in middle TN.

I much prefer middle TN. It's a happy medium between the flat and muddy western part of the state and the mountainous eastern part of the state. Our hills here are small but pretty, our creeks are rocky, but navigable. I live in Maury County. We have the most conservative mayor in the state, hopefully he'll be our next governor. The RE market here is strong and if I didn't think it would just keep getting stronger, we'd sell out and leave.

I have no family here, except my own; so I live here by choice, not birth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I grew up in west TN, lived north of Knoxville for 3 years, and we settled in middle TN.

I much prefer middle TN. It's a happy medium between the flat and muddy western part of the state and the mountainous eastern part of the state. Our hills here are small but pretty, our creeks are rocky, but navigable. I live in Maury County. We have the most conservative mayor in the state, hopefully he'll be our next governor. The RE market here is strong and if I didn't think it would just keep getting stronger, we'd sell out and leave.

I have no family here, except my own; so I live here by choice, not birth.
View Quote

Who is the mayor?
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who is the mayor?
View Quote

Andy Ogles is his name. He's been adamant about not shutting down businesses, etc. Pro-gun, pro-individual. Not perfect, but if there's a better mayor in the whole state, I am unaware of it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:07:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Indiana. No one moves here because there is nothing here and we like it that way.
We do have three ugly blue blighted areas in the state.
It will always be red because no one moves here even to the blue spots.
Ky is up on the list though they fucked up big time last election voting in their tarded Dem governor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yreka?
View Quote

Big Valley
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#36]

This, come to Oklahoma. We will welcome you with open arms.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Florida.

Enjoy the freedom and the sun, I know I do.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:18:46 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Blue staters are all going to Florida, Texas and Tennessee now.

When you get there be sure to tell them how you did it back home. They love that shit.
View Quote

Amen to that!
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wyoming
View Quote

The family just bought 70 acres outside Cheyenne and will be moving there from San Antonio in the spring of 2022.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top