View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have never gotten a ticket.

Have you ever driver?

If so, for how long?

I stopped a woman once who had ran a red light and nearly T-boned my patrol car. Never had a ticket in her life, driving 30+ years.

I didn't have the heart to ruin that record.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone get a ticket for less than 5 MPH over the speed limit?

If so, what state was it in?
View Quote
4 over in Colorado.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unless you're a raging dickhole or some other egregious bullshit, I write everybody for 9 over, which is the cheapest speeding fine we have. I always note the cited speed and the original speed on the citation, and it's always on camera. If I have to go to court for the citation, I ask the judge to amend the fine to the actual speed noted on the citation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I (and many other cops) used to knock down the speed on the ticket than what the driver was really going.
I quit when a guy going 75 in a 55 complained when I gave him a ticket for only going 5 over. I had knocked it down to 60 in a 55 and he decided to complain. I quit giving breaks after that. Can't do it now with body cams anyway (plus I'm not on the street anymore).

Unless you're a raging dickhole or some other egregious bullshit, I write everybody for 9 over, which is the cheapest speeding fine we have. I always note the cited speed and the original speed on the citation, and it's always on camera. If I have to go to court for the citation, I ask the judge to amend the fine to the actual speed noted on the citation.

Back when I was on the street we didn't have body cams and some officers would write the real speed down the side if they were giving a break. I just didn't  give breaks after that unless it was no ticket or a written warning.
Of course, I commented in this thread before i remembered these turn into who caught the biggest fish type of bullshit made up stories.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes!  1981,... in Manhatten, KS,... 32 MPH in a 30MPH zone,.... NY plates on a 68 Barracuda
View Quote

A 68' Cuda?  Fuck Yeah!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#6]
No speeding tickets in almost 30 years of driving.  Got stopped once in my 20s, cop saw my security uniform and asked where I worked.  I named all the places around us (in the county, where his backup could be 10-20 miles away) and told me to slow down.  

Ran into him two years later after his promotion to detective (he was getting OT working saturation patrols).
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone get a ticket for less than 5 MPH over the speed limit?

If so, what state was it in?
View Quote

1.5 mph over the speed limit, 5 euro fine Heidelberg, Germany
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:44:37 AM EDT
[#8]
3 over in AK maybe 5 years ago
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:46:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I got one for 57 in a 55... downgraded from 73 though, lol. The trooper liked my dog, so he cut me some slack.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 2:49:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I had an Indianapolis Metro PD super pissed at me for passing him doing 70 in a 55.

He was doing roughly 69 and I got no ticket.

I465 is fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:02:35 AM EDT
[#11]
35 in a 30 while giving an indivdual I barely knew from work a ride 30 miles out of my way. Other cars where passing me on the left and right doing over 40. No good deed goes unpunished.

Got stopped three times by the same cop in a small town in a month - first time he tells me the truck I bought used has amber lights on the license plate and that's illegal as they need to be white - tells me to take off amber lights in put in a white light. I tore off the amber lights and installed a white light. Pulls me over the second time and tells me I only have one light over the license plate and since the truck was supposed to have two I needed to install another white light. I installed another white light. Then he stops me a third time for weaving in my lane - I didn't go out of my lane and he followed me for two miles before pulling me over. Told him this was the third time and that I didn't appreciate constantly being pulled over (I was working two jobs and just buried my mom that same month). He told me he could write me up given my attitude. I told him I'd be fine talking to the chief of police since I knew him, he dropped it and stopped harassing me.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:05:46 AM EDT
[#12]
32 in a 30 in Johnson, AR. A few weeks later a friend of mine got one for 31 in a 30 at the same place.

At one point the city cops were arrested by the state highway patrol for writing tickets on the interstate that bordered their city limits where they had zero jurisdiction. An overnight in the county jail for the officers, and a hefty fine stopped that activity for good.

But they are still assholes in their city limits. I avoid the place at all costs, even though it would be a convenient shortcut to the Fayetteville shopping district.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:40:07 AM EDT
[#13]
2020 in Pecos, TX.
83 in a 80, trooper said clocked me at 89. When I said my cruise was on 83 and still showing in the dash. I was asked if my tires were oversized or my speedometer was off.

I politely asked him if he wanted to watch the dash cam recording with the mph and GPS displayed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#14]
51 in a 50
Lakeport,TX
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:09:58 AM EDT
[#16]
62kph in a 60 zone, in a rental, in Co. Wexford, IRL,  180 (that's Euros), sent to my US address through the rental company.

The Irish are extremely efficient at collecting fees.

In a non-related government-related event, my name was misspelled on my temporary national residency card; I pointed this out to the issuing Garda official, and was told, "Ah, sure and you'll be grand, no one will take note."

My permanent card has the correct spelling. I was, indeed, grand.

(edited to clarify currency)
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:31:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm sure every one of these stories will be as truthful as the stories I get after I've stopped somebody

"I wasn't speeding, it was the other guy!"
"I did stop at that stop sign!"
"You couldn't have seen if I was speeding or not from there!"

View Quote

My last ticket a couple years ago... watched the cop behind me after I left my street.  I made sure to pay attention to my speed the entire way through this small speed trap town.  Guy pulls me over, says I'm doing 50 in a 40. I have front and rear dash cams showing my speed. I go to court and argue such.  They didnt care in the slightest.  My choices were spend a money on a lawyer and fight it or pay the $130 bribe money and not have it on my record. The experience definitely left an impression on me with regards to small town law enforcement.  I know the majorityof LEOs are good people but the ones in Gallaway, TN can eat a dick.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 4:42:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I have never gotten a speeding ticket. I try to keep my speed below 10 over the limit though.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#19]
31 in a 25 on a motorcycle but the cop was cool. He explained what all else he could have gave my a ticket for (all was true ) so I didn't begrudge him the speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 5:33:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Not for speeding, per se, but for a loud muffler (which made it sound like I was going faster than I really was). It was in a parking lot. I turned into the lot after being stopped waiting on traffic to clear so I could turn in, was in 1st gear, and wound it up a bit too close to the red line. Well, the cop sitting in the parking lot said I was speeding, and wrote me a reckless driving ticket for it, since it was in a parking lot.

No posted speed limit, and I wasn't going faster than 10mph. Cost me $145 back in 1990 (ticket + court cost; mandatory court appearance).

On the other side of that, I was given a warning for doing over 90 in a posted 55 zone; Alabama state trooper. He was cool as hell, too. We bullshitted for a couple minutes, and he told me, "Please be careful. I don't want to get a call to work an accident and find you splattered all over the interstate."
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Seven over and got a warning, this was out of state.
I started to tell the trooper that no one gets pulled over for this where I live.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#22]
I was pulled over in Orlando for 4mph over (39/35). After he checked my license/registration/insurance, shined his mag-lite through every window and had me do the stupid Human tricks (walk a straight line, touch my nose with my index finger with my eyes closed) he let me go with a warning.

I should probably mention this was 2am at Sand Lake Rd and OBT The odds that I wasn’t buying drugs, selling drugs or had a dead hooker in my car were pretty low.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:28:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got pulled over for doing 16 in a 15 once (base housing). Didnt write me, just wasted my time
View Quote

Quantico Marine Base will issue speeding tickets for 1mph over the 25mph speed limit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:34:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was pulled over in Orlando for 4mph over (39/35). After he checked my license/registration/insurance, shined his mag-lite through every window and had me do the stupid Human tricks (walk a straight line, touch my nose with my index finger with my eyes closed) he let me go with a warning.

I should probably mention this was 2am at Sand Lake Rd and OBT The odds that I wasn’t buying drugs, selling drugs or had a dead hooker in my car were pretty low.
View Quote

ETA- The last ticket I ever RECEIVED was in 1989. I have been pulled over a two times since (both HOV issues) and received a warning both times as well. It is amazing how much consideration NOT being an asshole on the side of the road will get you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#25]
"25" in a 15 mph zone.

The officers estimated my speed down the 2 mile lane from the road to the lake.

There were no speed limit signs on the road in my direction. In the opposite direction there was one half-sized speed limit sign that was spray painted out. The cops spent 20-minutes searching the car looking for drugs I guess. I showed photos proving there were no speed limit signs on my side of the street posting the limit.  

The judge gave me the ticket anyway because "that's where the deer and the antelope play" quoting the song I shit you not.

Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:43:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
1 mph over on Ft. Campbell, KY.    I think the speed limit was 30.
View Quote

This but in Ft.Wainwright. 26 in a 25. Those hero MPs don’t play during PT hours .
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:43:46 AM EDT
[#27]
17 in a 15 and a no seat belt at Bagram in 2004. MP SGT writing the ticket told me a copy would be sent to my NCOIC. Told him to save the stamp and handed it to my NCOIC who was sitting on the passenger side and was also the CJOA CSM. She gets out, tells him he's doing a great job and is an example to the MP corps and then gives him a coin. She hops back in and tells me to drive, never did put our seatbelts on for the remainder of the movement back to Kabul.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:46:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The AF cops on Tallil had hard-ons for us.  I pretty much got into an armed standoff, albeit brief, with them one morning as I was departing base at a 'deliberate' pace while responding to a QRF call.  

Think at least half of them pissed their pants.

They used to cruise our LA just to harass us.  It might have had something to do with us flaunting our 'immunity' to their fuck fuck games.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 in a 25 FOB Cedar II Iraq in a HMMWV about 5 months after the invasion.

My CO tore it up.
The AF cops on Tallil had hard-ons for us.  I pretty much got into an armed standoff, albeit brief, with them one morning as I was departing base at a 'deliberate' pace while responding to a QRF call.  

Think at least half of them pissed their pants.

They used to cruise our LA just to harass us.  It might have had something to do with us flaunting our 'immunity' to their fuck fuck games.

This happened to us on FOB Warhorse . We were on QRF one of our sister units were under heavy fire in Baqubah fucking AF cops tried to pull of over while we were literally rolling hot into a firefight.  We didn’t even slow down.  Upon return our 1SG ripped them and the mayor cell a new asshole. Then they came up with some QRF staging area right by the gate.

Also seeing a trend in these replies fucking MPs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#29]
I was pulled over at Great Lakes for doing 27 in a 25. The base cop didn’t write me but said next time he would. I told my liaison officer about it and all he said was “Yeah those guys are assholes.”
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]
I've never received a speeding ticket.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#31]
A friend’s wife got one for 3mph over. Told a LEO relative of mine and he said that cop was just writing BS tickets hoping people would fight it so he could get east OT in court.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#32]
No low-ball here. I never got a speeding ticket I didn't outright earn (20+ over), but I did almost get a ticket a few months back... in the local McDonalds drive thru! The Asst Police Chief was mad because (he said) I cut him off when I moved right to get into lane two.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:42:37 AM EDT
[#33]
There's a section of 380 that went from 70 to 60 for about 5 miles then back up to 70. People screamed about it as a speed trap and now it's all 65 and no one goes below 75. But 10 years ago or so when it was still a speed trap, I passed the sign that said 60mph and started slowing down. Got popped for 65 in a 60. Speed trap.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#34]
56 in a 55.

Yea the damn road pirate had a quota to make.

When the judge read it off for the arraignment he looked at me and just tore the ticket in 2. I was going to fight tooth and nail but I ended up not paying anything. Still sucked I lost my time to go to the court date. Which is a sham in its own right. You say not guilty they set up you up for a second court date costing you at least 2 days of work pay even if you beat the ticket
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:50:02 AM EDT
[#35]
If some cop writes me up for less than 5 over, I’m going to jail. That’s chickenshit.

I think both OH and KY got me for 10 over when Jimmy Carter’s speed limit was in effect.

Indy PD got me for 42 in a 30. And 55 in a 45. Both totally legit. I told the second guy they should sit here all the time. People come whipping off the interstate and head downhill. They could make bank. He said nothing. Motorcycle cop. They’re dicks. You’d think they were Top Gun FWS grads…

TC
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 7:58:35 AM EDT
[#36]
9 over in Melborne Fl. $63 ticket. Took the safety class and received no points. My only ticket in 45 years. Highest? 87 over 55 in the Miata coasting down the mountain into Telleco Plains on 60/68. Got a warning.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:10:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Reality: I got a 41 in a 35.

But the ticket actually read 25.  The cop didn’t know the fucking speed limit on that stretch of road.  I argued quite vociferously until I realized I didn’t have my registration and proof of insurance in my truck.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#38]
It wasn't me, but it was my boss at the time.  It was in Pryor, OK in around 1995ish.  He got one for doing 1mph over.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
45 in a 45. Too fast for conditions. Because it was raining.
View Quote

Raining, or blinding deluge?
45 should not be hydroplane speed with decent tires.

Here's an OLD story for you.
The vicar is driving down the freeway in his 911 in the rain.
He sometimes races that car on Saturdays.
Cop who's probably on bias ply tires lights him up.
Vicar instantly gets on the shoulder and nails the brakes.
The cop car goes sliding past him.
Cop car backs up and parks behind him.
Cop gets out and tells him he was going to write him for "too fast for conditions" but changed his mind.
In 1970, nothing could outbrake a rear engine Porsche on performance tires.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Got ticketed for 6 over once by a state highway patrol officer on a holiday weekend, that's the least over I've been ticketed for. I never go over the limit in small towns, they're the worst for getting tickets.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Going 60 with posted 55 on the freeway, and it was down hill to boot!  A real rebel
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:35:24 AM EDT
[#42]
1999 ish. 35 in a 30 and I was pulled over and stopped barely in sight of the sign. In a 1978 Mack R model tri axle dump truck. The guy who stopped me was a well know pos. Disliked even by his co workers. Someone posted his obituary online a few years ago and the comments were colorful.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#43]
How did I know this would quickly turn into a military police thread
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#44]
46 in a 45, Bluff City TN about 15/20 years ago, when the court house was still a construction trailer
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
1 mph over on Ft. Campbell, KY.    I think the speed limit was 30.
View Quote

Did you fight the ticket? I was stationed at Ft. Campbell back the late 1980's and the chicken shit MP's tried to give me a speeding ticket coming off the 4 way stop by the old base theater and pulled me over in the base theater parking lot.

I forgot what the MPH over claim was but I took it to the base magistrate court and proved it was physically impossible that my vehicle could even met the speed limit let alone exceed it from the 4 way stop to where they pulled me over into the base theater parking lot.

Beat the ticket and watched the MP get a mouthful from the judge and later by his Senior NCO.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#46]
38/35. Road I was on was always 35mph. Cop pulled me over and wrote 38/25. I asked when they lowered the speed limit from 35 and he realized his "mistake". He took the ticket from me and changed the 2 to a 3, handed to back and told me to sign it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#47]
4mph over

College Station, Texas.  Harvey road, near Veteran’s Park, where the speed limit changes.

Got pulled over by base police for riding a bicycle too fast - no ticket, he just asked me to slow down.  I was 12.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#48]
5 over circa 1973.
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#49]
I got pulled over for 45 in the 45. Rookie cop tried pulling it as it was suspicious I was driving exactly the speed limit and gave him probable cause to search my car
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#50]
9 over I think was the lowest I ever got a ticket for. I’ve been pulled over and issued a warning for 60 in a 60 though… I think the cops were just having a slow night.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top