Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2019 1:13:10 AM EDT
Growing up only black guys cut parts or lines in their hair. What's going on? Gay, wannabe, geeky hipster? It's almost as stupid as white people dreads.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I cut an arrowhead in my pubes.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
When did you grow up, 1304?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When did you grow up, 1304?
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't think that there has been a white man who hasn't parted his hair between the invention of The Comb and the rise of NKOTB.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
View Quote
You can't post something like that without pics
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DON'T POST PICS!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Must be uncomfortable.....
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:20:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think that there has been a white man who hasn't parted his hair between the invention of The Comb and the rise of NKOTB.
View Quote
CUT a part in his hair. Go back and try again.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:21:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Can you read? lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:21:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don’t think he’s talking about combed in parts. I think he’s talking about where they cut a line into someone’s hair, I think “stylists” call it a hard part.

And if I’m correct, they started doing it sometime around the same time that man buns and skinny jean became acceptable.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Since at least the 1920’s?

Probably further back than that.

ETA:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don’t think he’s talking about combed in parts. I think he’s talking about where they cut a line into someone’s hair, I think “stylists” call it a hard part.

And if I’m correct, they started doing it sometime around the same time that man buns and skinny jean became acceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s about when I noticed it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:23:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think he's referring to having the barber make a hard part in your hair by using the clippers to cut the natural part in "cleaner"...  I believe it's an old style from the depression era that's come back into fashion along with paperboy caps, boondocker-style boots and vintage American workwear style.  Really big in Japan.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:24:10 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm still trying to figure out where the haircut on the left came from.

I mean zero disrespect to Karl, and I remember sporting something similar, though not combed to one side and far longer in the 90s (yay Jason Newstead look), and I've actually seen it once in real life, on a russian, or at least eastern bloc european, dude.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm more annoyed at men who grow their hair long enough to tie it up in a knot at the back of their head, and do it.   You may call it a man bun but I see it as an indicator that the owner of said man bun is probably on the prowl for penis.

I call them knotheads.  It's particularly accurate in their case.

Generally speaking I'm just not any kind of a fan of any sort of "creative" haircut.  I'm very conservative about grooming standards.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Talking.mud_.with_.Ian_.and_.Karl_.from_.InRangeTV.VIDEO_.jpg

I mean zero disrespect to Karl, and I remember sporting something similar, though not combed to one side and far longer in the 90s (yay Jason Newstead look), and I've actually seen it once in real life, on a russian, or at least eastern bloc european, dude.
View Quote
That looks like a Kaiser haircut to me.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Growing up only black guys cut parts or lines in their hair. What's going on? Gay, wannabe, geeky hipster? It's almost as stupid as white people dreads.
View Quote
Yea, some of us white guys did it as well, but damn that was back in the early 90s...   But, I also went to a school that was 90% Black too...
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Also, google “SS haircut”.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:30:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Is this what your talking about OP?

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:31:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yea, some of us white guys did it as well, but damn that was back in the early 90s...   But, I also went to a school that was 90% Black too...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I remember a few confused white boys trying to be Vanilla Ice but they were really scoffed at. I didn't know Clark Gable did his hair like that. Still looks gay today.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:32:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Abraham Lincoln looks like he parted his hair, so awhile ago

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:32:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Yeah. That and the waxed eyebrows.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:32:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not quite as dumb as white people dreadlocks but getting there, agreed. I bet it goes well with the Vanilla Ice lines shaved into your eyebrows.

I saw this on Parks and Rec but maybe it's just "peacocking" ... Doing something out of the norm to be noticed by the opposite (but in this case I think same) sex. Problem is most people lack originality so they copy what they see.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:52:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Since at least the 1920’s?

Probably further back than that.

ETA:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/243522/2C0E3BF8-95F3-403B-8BE1-428F739707D2_jpeg-973704.JPG
View Quote
That's not a cut, that's a natural part.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#26]
My barber does a very narrow line with a straight razor.  I'd guess hes been cutting hair for at least 3 decades, so it ain't new.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Talking.mud_.with_.Ian_.and_.Karl_.from_.InRangeTV.VIDEO_.jpg

View Quote
The...Devil made him do it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The...Devil made him do it.
View Quote
Kinda looks like Zorg from 5th Element
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:05:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:20:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Wut?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:27:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Hipsters that spend way too much time and effort on their hair.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:28:28 AM EDT
[#32]
people have been doing strange things for 40k years or more. Not much is new.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:31:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Monica! Vanilla with the 9
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hipsters that spend way too much time and effort on their hair.
View Quote
I did my hair in 10 minutes this afternoon with a Wahl.

It's staying did for at least a couple weeks now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Vikings and shit, yo.

No.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I did my hair in 10 minutes this afternoon with a Wahl.

It's staying did for at least a couple weeks now.
View Quote
Guess I was wrong.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:59:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Kinda looks like Zorg from 5th Element
View Quote
Ya noticed that, huh?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:02:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Alien Ant Farm...unique version straight down Main Street. They were popular in early 00s. Been around way before that.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/LJ2t4jfVTiU[/youtube]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:03:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Pointing up, down, left, or right?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:05:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hitler youth haircut. Very common in Berlin and eastern europe as a sort of protest that people can get away with.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:20:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I blame The Expanse.

(great show BTW)
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:27:25 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Vikings and shit, yo.

No.
View Quote
It's little known about the Vikings but in addition to their horrific barbarism they had access to amazing barbers. Yes, they were slaughtering their way all over the isles while being edged the fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
I actually dig that style because he clearly has a receded hairline but it looks kinda  unique and works.

If you're 30 or older, you don't always get the luxury of choosing pretty boy hair styles.

inb4 some fagatron says they're 65 and have perfect hair.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:29:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It's little known about the Vikings but in addition to their horrific barbarism they had access to amazing barbers. Yes, they were slaughtering their way all over the isles while being edged the fuck up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vikings and shit, yo.

No.
What's so hard about shaving the side of your head on both sides then pulling the rest into a braided ponytail? Do you think vikings had no clue how to cut hair?

They literally had nail clippers...they were far less barbaric than pop culture portrays.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:33:56 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
Belters did that because of the old helmets on the spacesuits, IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

What's so hard about shaving the side of your head on both sides then pulling the rest into a braided ponytail? Do you think vikings had no clue how to cut hair?

They literally had nail clippers...they were far less barbaric than pop culture portrays.
View Quote
Cutting a mans back open so as to see his lungs is actually a dainty affair. Just did it yesterday at Pete's BBQ.

I guess the problem I have with the hairstyle you mentioned is it's the hairstyle of the guy that's working at the 7/11 at 1 in the morning when I'm in there buying condoms and spearmint gum.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:59:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Cutting a mans back open so as to see his lungs is actually a dainty affair. Just did it yesterday at Pete's BBQ.

I guess the problem I have with the hairstyle you mentioned is it's the hairstyle of the guy that's working at the 7/11 at 1 in the morning when I'm in there buying condoms and spearmint gum.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like a good blood eagle at a bbq
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Nothing like a good blood eagle at a bbq
View Quote
Now I feel I may of been a bit preemptive with some of my statements but right on bro. Yeah, Pete was a good guy but when the old lady with the chicken bones on the trash can lid said she could see it was "his time" I couldn't argue! Who could?

Plus we were out of hair ties and Pete was bitching up a storm.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:49:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:50:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top