Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
In the 80's our whole wrestling team cut ridges into the sides of our hair, just above the ear on the right side.  Yeah, we were badass highschoolers!
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cut an arrowhead in my pubes.
View Quote
This is a fantastic quintessential GD first post
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What's so hard about shaving the side of your head on both sides then pulling the rest into a braided ponytail? Do you think vikings had no clue how to cut hair?

They literally had nail clippers...they were far less barbaric than pop culture portrays.
View Quote
True, however, do we know that those were common Viking hairstyles?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been getting a high and tight for the last 30 years and about a year ago the barber (they're pretty much 100% Vietnamese women here) cut in a hard part. I wasn't sure what she was doing and by the time I realized it was too late. She thought she had done it the last time.

The main difference for me was that I had to part on that exact spot whereas before I would just part somewhere around there. My wife didn't really like it, but some of her young hot friends did. It was pretty much gone in two weeks.

Haven't done it since and won't do it again.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Ain't a thing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

True, however, do we know that those were common Viking hairstyles?
View Quote
Obviously Tony Curtis in “The Vikings” did not have an authentic haircut—it was an average 1950’s American haircut.  How do we know that the haircuts in “Vikings” are not just as non-authentic?

ETA: boy, I fucked up that post edit, didn’t I?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm still trying to figure out where the haircut on the left came from.

https://news.guns.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Talking.mud_.with_.Ian_.and_.Karl_.from_.InRangeTV.VIDEO_.jpg

I mean zero disrespect to Karl, and I remember sporting something similar, though not combed to one side and far longer in the 90s (yay Jason Newstead look), and I've actually seen it once in real life, on a russian, or at least eastern bloc european, dude.
View Quote
Looks similar to the 19teens / 20's haircuts. For reference see Boardwalk Empire.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 4:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I never did start cutting parts, but I am white and have been cutting lots of farts
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Belters did that because of the old helmets on the spacesuits, IIRC.
View Quote
I love a good Belter Crest. On a 7 foot tall blonde it's amazing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's a whole lot of "I've been cutting my hair this way since 1965, and you should too unless you're a fag!" wharbblgarrbbll in this thread.

I just think it'd be nice to have hair.
View Quote
Funny, that's about when I learned the mantra "Short regular, left part, no bangs". I was three years old and the Base Exchange barbers loved the brevity.
And yes; I still do it the same. Flirted with a flat top in 1967, but it didn't stick.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In the 80's our whole wrestling team cut ridges into the sides of our hair, just above the ear on the right side.  Yeah, we were badass highschoolers!
View Quote
Stop! collaborate and listen.

Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
View Quote
Be careful those straightening irons get real hot.  You could burn off part of your dick.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 7:30:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Be careful those straightening irons get real hot.  You could burn off part of your dick.
View Quote
Did you just assume zir gender?
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Side issue, purely for academic reasons, it seems that the Vikings were come of the cleanest peoples in that time period.  They bathed at least once per week, they combed their hair every day, and washed daily and before meals. It seems evidence indicates that they had long hair that they were proud of and combed daily, not shaven--shaved heads were for slaves, not warriors.

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/hairstyl.shtml

There is no one "Viking man's hairstyle". The Viking Age peoples had a wide variety of hairstyles, just as we do today. Some may have been most common in a particular region, or profession may have dictated hairstyle.

Usually only thralls (slaves) wore very short hair17. Probably the average man wore his hair about collar or shoulder length, and his beard as long as was comfortable for him. A professional warrior might make other choices for hairstyle to minimize the hazard of having hair or beard grabbed in combat.

The Arabic observer Ibn Fadlan noted that men of the Rus bleached their beards to a saffron yellow. Some scholars therefore believe that it is likely that they bleached their hair as well. This bleaching was accomplished using a soft, strongly basic soap, where the excess lye in the mixture provided the bleaching action18. Pliny the Elder noted this practice among the Germanic tribes, and states that men were more likely to bleach their hair than women:

Prodest et sapo, Galliarum hoc inventum rutilandis capillis. Fit ex sebo et cinere, optimus fagino et caprino, duobus modis, spissus ac liquidus, uterque apud Germanos maiore in usu viris quam feminis.
Soap is the invention of the Gauls and this is used to redden the hair. It is made from fat and ashes -- the best is beech wood ash and goat fat, the two combined, thick and clear. Many among the Germans use it, the men more than the women.
(Pliny the Elder Historia Naturalis)19
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 8:51:57 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop! collaborate and listen.

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/0c/f6/3d/0cf63d4ef8850b761b91e85948ba2cc6--dead-man-zero.jpg
Hollywood_Shooter beat you to the Vanilla Ice reference back on page one.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's not a cut, that's a natural part.
View Quote
Yeah that's natural. Mine parts like that on the sides and in the middle. I part in the middle 99% of the time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I had my pubic hair straightened. Now I have a long flowing mane hanging off my sack.  It's truly breathtaking when you see it.
View Quote
It’s the ZZ TOP scrotebag beard look.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top