Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

That's a llama not a pony you silly filly.

I see what you did there...
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am preparing myself to watch a sampling of these, to see if it really is what the ARF bronies claim that it is.  We shall see.

Start with sonic rainboom, it's a good episode. If you check the team forum thread theres a few good suggestions of what episodes to watch. See if you can find them in 1080P.

I never jump into a series midstream, if I can help it.  I am aware that some episodes have the potential to turn a watcher off of the show entirely, so am planning on watching enough to get a solid feel for it.  It had better live up to your billing of it, though, or I will mock you all unmercifully.  

The thing is, the episodes are pretty much All stand alone, lauren faust wanted them to be a continual series, in chronological order, but the hub had them written as stand alone episodes, so you can jump in pretty much wherever you want, the first two episodes do set back stories though and some character development.

The first few episodes are really painful to watch IMO.

Regardless, backstory is important to me, and I'm prepared to watch enough to get a proper feel for whether I'll jump into your cult, or make fun of you.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Yes, Sonic Rainboom is a good one, on tomorrow morning actually.

Can't you just watch on YouTube whenever you like?

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 4:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a llama not a pony you silly filly.

I see what you did there...
Excellent.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#8]
My 10 year daughter approves of this thread...the older one continues to believe you are all gay.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
What the fuck is all of this Bronie stuff?

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/blackfire82/fbf5356cea51eb37a385954b3a1f1914ea3.jpg

Hardly.

Seriously, please explain what a Bronie is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#15]
That silly crap wasn't enough in Team?

"They shoot horses don't they?"
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not sure that's even gay enough, needs more rainbow.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Hardly.

It's a portmanteau of Bro and Pony. A guy who likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx76/blackfire82/fbf5356cea51eb37a385954b3a1f1914ea3.jpg

Hardly.

It's a portmanteau of Bro and Pony. A guy who likes My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

But... why?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardly.

But... why?

Because Bill Clinton is a bronie.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:33:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardly.

But... why?

Because Bill Clinton is a bronie.

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardly.

But... why?

Because its written extremely well, its got a team of people working on it responsible for cartoons that developed huge cult followings and lasted multiple seasons. It's funny, it's a full 22 minutes long vs two 11 minute episodes. It doesnt sink to low brow humor like most kids shows. The animation is very detailed and did i mention its written extremely well?

Why grown men like MLP.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the lamest shit ever. Nobody on this site cares about that 4chan bullshit. Leave that crap over there.

Except it isnt 4chan bullshit. The show is amazing.

I bet your trap folder overfloweth.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 11:52:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But... why?
Because its written extremely well, its got a team of people working on it responsible for cartoons that developed huge cult followings and lasted multiple seasons. It's funny, it's a full 22 minutes long vs two 11 minute episodes. It doesnt sink to low brow humor like most kids shows. The animation is very detailed and did i mention its written extremely well?

Why grown men like MLP.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#27]
You are the the cancer of /gd/
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

For the love of God, sage this to oblivion

>implying you can sage on arfcom

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

The first few episodes are really painful to watch IMO.

Regardless, backstory is important to me, and I'm prepared to watch enough to get a proper feel for whether I'll jump into your cult, or make fun of you.

Well be prepared then, because with the exception of Ticketmaster, I think the first few are kinda lame, for newbies anyway.
BTW, I''ve gotten three IMs from ARFCOMers similar to your post, and two of them watch the show now.  It certainly isn't for everyone, and I think that you need a geeky sense of humor to really get into it, but those who do like it tend to like it intensely.

ETA: While Sonic Rainboom has a really good ending, IMO Swarm of the Century also makes a good first impression.

Page two of the thread in team has a debate over good starting episodes, which can vary depending on the personality of the viewer.  I recommend looking over that list.

Quoted:
tis a strange subculture

So is ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:21:59 AM EDT
[#30]
why is it that only the gayest 4chan shit gets posted over here.

seriously fuck you op
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
why is it that only the gayest 4chan shit gets posted over here.

seriously fuck you op

Sounds like someone doesnt know the magic of friendship.

Also, i like ho you automatically assume that this is a 4chan thing. Even though it originated in the /co/ forum, alot of us arent 4channers.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I will watch one episode of this nonsense, out of morbid curiosity.

I hate you guys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 2:54:46 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I hate you guys.

I did exactly this, last night.

Not bad at all really.

But then I used to love watching Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and stuff like that.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#35]
WTF is this shit?
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:10:59 AM EDT
[#36]
What...the...fuck?
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:13:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Shit like this is why there are so many virgins on this site.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:15:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you guys.

Not bad at all really.

But then I used to love watching Cow and Chicken/I Am Weasel, Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, and stuff like that.

Well, its not half bad. I don't think I'll be watching more, but I see how you guys like it. The animation is slick, it does remind me a lot of powerpuff girls.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm ok with the gays

I'm ok with the furries.

but you guys are fucked up.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you guys.

Not bad at all really.

You'll like it, seeing as most of the people working on MLP, have worked on all those shows, Powerpuff girls was Lauren fausts creation also.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you guys.

Not bad at all really.

Well, its not half bad. I don't think I'll be watching more, but I see how you guys like it. The animation is slick, it does remind me a lot of powerpuff girls.

You have good observation skills.  BTW, which episode did you watch?

The PPG influence is not a coincidence.  Lauren Faust, who as SlimJim noted worked on PPG, brought her old writing staff from Cartoon Network to work on the show. She is also married to Craig McCracken, who created The PPGs.

Also, fans of the show tend to be sci-fantasy geeks, and along those lines the Season 2 opener was directly inspired by Star Trek: TNG.  Faust 'ponified' a recurring antagonist, even hired the same actor to voice the character:  Discord Preview

ETA:  One more thing.  Those who slam the show typically have not actually seen the new version, or saw one of the lamer episodes.  I commend you both for taking the time to check it out.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 7:41:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Fuck it, I'm foing.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:07:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Just watched Sonic Rainboom. Doubt I'll be watching more.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:09:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Does this thread make much more sense when photobucket and youtube aren't blocked?
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:10:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Some of you need to turn your Mancards in and take up knitting or Midol bottle collecting.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 9:12:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I hate you guys.

Not bad at all really.

You have good observation skills.  BTW, which episode did you watch?

The PPG influence is not a coincidence.  Lauren Faust, who as SlimJim noted worked on PPG, brought her old writing staff from Cartoon Network to work on the show. She is also married to Craig McCracken, who created The PPGs.

Also, fans of the show tend to be sci-fantasy geeks, and along those lines the Season 2 opener was directly inspired by Star Trek: TNG.  Faust 'ponified' a recurring antagonist, even hired the same actor to voice the character:  Discord Preview

ETA:  One more thing.  Those who slam the show typically have not actually seen the new version, or saw one of the lamer episodes.  I commend you both for taking the time to check it out.

I knew that a lot of the PPG staff was involved with this show - that's why I was willing to watch.

I've watched 4 episodes now - swarm of the century, sonic rainboom, the one with the Phoenix, and one with their back stories.

It's a well made show. The humor is good.

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 9:24:28 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Does this thread make much more sense when photobucket and youtube aren't blocked?

It makes more sense, but it becomes much more frightening. I would like to add that I not not a fan of this show. I'm just in here because I am amused and disturbed by the Brony lifestyle choice. Not that there is anything wrong with it. If these guys want to be Bronys more power to them.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Bronies > furries
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:03:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bronies > furries

I can't tell if that's an insult or a compliment.

Men who watch My Little Pony = Furries.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top