Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/11/2021 9:38:38 PM EDT
I know every one in GD would starve to death before eating fast food, but where are all the workers?
I took a ride this morning around 10am and we only have 3 drive throughs in the entire county open for breakfast.
McDonalds, Wendy's, and Bojangles, and every one has multiple now hiring, sign on bonus, and short staffed signs up.
Every one of them this morning had the street blocked off with cars waiting to turn into the parking lot because the line was so backed up.
1. what kind of mother fucker stops in the street and waits 40+ fucking minutes in line to get a fast food breakfast?
2. Where are all the workers? I know every one says "why work when you can sit at home and collect" but are they really paying out unemployment to 15, 16, and 17 year olds?
Or young kids just not working anymore?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:45:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No work ethic. Just a woke ethic.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The one BK near the middle school has a lot of teenagers working there, along with McClown.  The McDonalds finally opened their dining room up after installing those touch screens, so you don't actually order at the register, and they have one person doing double duty covering the front.

They bring you your food though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Onlyfans.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't get it either, at least in NC. Government benefits haven't been a factor for a month now here, according to the people I've talked to. Tons of jobs are sitting empty, but at the same time people are buying vehicles and real estate like hot cakes at exorbitant prices. Something doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Jacking off into their own food?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Your point #1 really pisses me off. I see it all the time with people waiting for parking spots. I've seen more than one person stop in the right hand lane of the freeway trying to merge for an exit at the last minute. Who the fuck would think its a good idea to stop on the freeway? I was taught in drivers school that you can't block traffic, you have to go around the block. This country, and California in particular, is filled with self centered retards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:02:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't get it either, at least in NC. Government benefits haven't been a factor for a month now here, according to the people I've talked to. Tons of jobs are sitting empty, but at the same time people are buying vehicles and real estate like hot cakes at exorbitant prices. Something doesn't add up.
View Quote

Simple.
The idiots collecting welfare and accepting bullshit jobs are not the same idiots buying real estate.

How GD cannot separate the two is a constant source of amusement for me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#8]
most people quit eating out all the time, so there is also less demand.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Chick Fil A
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
No shit. I had work being done on my place, so  I couldn't eat lunch at home as usual. No problem, there's a Wendy's close to work.

I want to eat inside, because I don't want to eat in my car or be harassed by homeless in a park. But no, there a fucking sign on the door saying we don't have enough workers to keep the dining area sanitary so we are drive-in only. Ok fine, so be it.

After a 30 minute wait after I made my order, the Wendy's employees ask me what it was I ordered. I had to re-order at the window after making my order 30 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Bojangles near us started offering 9 bucks an hour a year ago. Then 10 bucks an hour a few months ago. Now they closed down. I never eat there but still kinda sad sign of the times.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#12]
There's no easier job in the world. They made this job so simple teenagers and Down Syndrome people could do it. And yet you manage to fail.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There's no easier job in the world. They made this job so simple teenagers and Down Syndrome people could do it. And yet you manage to fail.
View Quote

On paper that may be true. But you forgot what happens when a power tripping 22 year old has to make a 16 year old kid’s life miserable. That easy job becomes a tedious hell.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:33:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I drove over the pass today to see my boy before he ships overseas. Stopped at the McDs and got a flyer in my bag. $17 an hour if you work the late shift that closes at 9pm. My other boy is in lineman school and took a job with UPS throwing boxes. Was told he’d be making $16 something an hour. Got his check and was paid $13. Yep, he quit and I’m all for it. Now doing the food delivery, whatever that is called. Working half as much, for more pay and some more study time, or even chasing ass time, though I know he doesn’t get much of that since his grades are important. Was in a small college with a baseball ride when this (Removed, CoC #1. -40xb) flu started but that got shut down. I don’t feel bad for any company that can’t find an employee. Pay up and treat people right, or suffer the market.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The kid sweeping the floor at wendy's is working harder and producing more value than most govt workers.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I see a lot of older people pushing 60 working these places. Also a Taco Bell by my work night shift has 2 employees and the place is packed for the drunks leaving the clubs. Drive through only.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Chick Fil A
View Quote

They enjoy shining shoes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Folks in the county i live in have been complaining about this forever too. Lazy folks sitting at home collecting. I thought it was the case too, got into a discussion with a guy who said he looked up the numbers of how many are collecting as it can be found on the DOL website for the state. Number was 54.... I said naw cant be, so i went home and looked it up. Sure enough 54.. So you wave a magic wand and put all these people back to work tomorrow you still have a labor shortage.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I know every one in GD would starve to death before eating fast food, but where are all the workers?
I took a ride this morning around 10am and we only have 3 drive throughs in the entire county open for breakfast.
McDonalds, Wendy's, and Bojangles, and every one has multiple now hiring, sign on bonus, and short staffed signs up.
Every one of them this morning had the street blocked off with cars waiting to turn into the parking lot because the line was so backed up.
1. what kind of mother fucker stops in the street and waits 40+ fucking minutes in line to get a fast food breakfast?
2. Where are all the workers? I know every one says "why work when you can sit at home and collect" but are they really paying out unemployment to 15, 16, and 17 year olds?
View Quote

Mm?mmm the same ones that voted for FBHO , FJB and knee pads
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#20]
GD disparages fast food workers. GD laments lack of fast food workers. Hmm.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 2:55:44 AM EDT
[#21]
One of my nephews (18yo) works at Arby's. He's been employee of the month 5 months running, probably because he shows up. He said most new hires don't last a week, some can't finish the day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:31:18 AM EDT
[#22]
subway is offering $17/hr plus tips plus free shift meal.

manager tells me they're getting no applicants for $17/hr.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The kid sweeping the floor at wendy's is working harder and producing more value than most govt workers.
View Quote
A bum sitting on a park bench is producing more value than a government worker
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
most people quit eating out all the time, so there is also less demand.
View Quote

HUH?

Lines around drive thrus here!
I go inside, back out before 2 cars go thru.

Less workers = slower service but looks like demand is up!
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The non student ones that were 18+ switched to factory and warehouse jobs during the shutdowns. The work requirement for aid was nuked by Biden so those that didn't switch no longer needed work for their dole.

Most the students high school or college that want to work are being sought by retail that pays better and has better working conditions.

Labor utilization rate dropped noticeably over the last year and a half. The workers that dropped out tilt heavily towards the low end of the Labor pool.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#26]
I love working at McDonalds. My coworkers are great and so are the customers that come in.

We have this one guy that comes in at least 3 times a week. The stories I could tell you

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:31:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I love working at McDonalds. My coworkers are great and so are the customers that come in.

We have this one guy that comes in at least 3 times a week. The stories I could tell you

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Working is for suckers. Free money is where it's at.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#29]
We have a new crop of dummies in the shipping department at work.

Could 100% see them as fast food workers if we didn’t hire them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#30]
All the Conservative college hotties work at Chick fil a in my neck of the woods.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Chick Fil A
View Quote

Chick fil a is struggling to staff also. They are offering a lot of pay, and randomly close with staffing issues frequently.

I’m in the business, it sucks.

We are paying more than chick fil a in a couple of areas, makes no difference.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Who honestly wants to work at a fast food joint smelling like oil, grease, and burgers while also having the chance of being on World Star because some adult can’t handle a mistake and has to get revenge on the staff?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All the Conservative college hotties work at Chick fil a in my neck of the woods.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I also notice stores closing incredibly early, some at 6p on weekdays.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Chick Fil A
View Quote

This, no chick fil a near me is short staffed
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

I know a lot of parents my age with kids my kids' age who tell them "don't get a PT job in HS or college, instead focus on your schoolwork and sports.  It's too soon for you to enter the working world, enjoy your youth, you've got the rest of your life to work!"

personally, I think they are doing their kid a disservice. They're the embodiment of Mark Twain's warning against letting school interfere with your education.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Get the app.

I had to feed crew on jobs all over the midwest. Apps were far easier, and you just pull up and park in a pickup spot, they bring your order right out in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#39]
The local McD is advertising $15 per hour for burger flippers. Maintenance guy is $20 to $25 per hour.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#40]
(Removed, CoC #6. -40xb)
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Jacking off into their own food?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I drove over the pass today to see my boy before he ships overseas. Stopped at the McDs and got a flyer in my bag. $17 an hour if you work the late shift that closes at 9pm. My other boy is in lineman school and took a job with UPS throwing boxes. Was told he’d be making $16 something an hour. Got his check and was paid $13. Yep, he quit and I’m all for it. Now doing the food delivery, whatever that is called. Working half as much, for more pay and some more study time, or even chasing ass time, though I know he doesn’t get much of that since his grades are important. Was in a small college with a baseball ride when this (edited, -40xb) flu started but that got shut down. I don’t feel bad for any company that can’t find an employee. Pay up and treat people right, or suffer the market.
View Quote

The companies aren't to blame here, the government is.

A huge portion of the work force was voluntarily unemployed for a year or more with the extra money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know school is now is session right?

The store in town lost like 3/4 of their workforce because school started back up, they have very few adults working there.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Chick Fil A
View Quote

Son just got hired there, he will be working there part time while he goes to school.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#45]
probably the masks. wearing a mask all fucking day sucks, and in a restaurant they'll really enforce that shit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#46]
everywhere i go i can't even find a single place that even has reduced hours. to be fair i only visit places where people live and have things like water and power.

my take away is dont live in bum fuck no where and theres no issues. you can ask about these so called labor shortages but you wont get any actual answers, just personal attacks.

i was in houston and the best answer i got to see somewhere understaffed was drive 4 hours, each way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:03:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Where are all the workers? I know every one says "why work when you can sit at home and collect" but are they really paying out unemployment to 15, 16, and 17 year olds?
View Quote

They’re not and only a handful of people truly believe all these folks are just sitting at home drawing guberment cheddar.

Most of the young kids are probably at home with mom and dad, their parents are the ones not letting them work for various reasons. Most we know just don’t want their kids around nasty fucks during a pandemic.

The ones out of high school took notice of the huge amounts of higher paying jobs around here... Amazon, Academy Sports warehouse, under armor etc... all are starting kids off in the $15 to $17 per hour range, they get to pick the shift they work, 3 to 4 day work week etc...

They’re not working shit fast food jobs, none of them around me are paying more than $10/hr despite what all gets posted on the errornet. They all took the higher paying entry level jobs at Amazon et al...
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Moderating arfcom?
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:04:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I see a lot of older people pushing 60 working these places. Also a Taco Bell by my work night shift has 2 employees and the place is packed for the drunks leaving the clubs. Drive through only.
View Quote

It's a perfect job for the poor oldsters. We should abolish SS and just let them serve burgers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The local McD is advertising $15 per hour for burger flippers. Maintenance guy is $20 to $25 per hour.
View Quote

Your state just didn't do enough stimmy. Here in Michigan? I'm seeing $18 for entry McD help. Governor wHITLmER has a much bigger teat to be lured from.

Covid closed my business. I was paying entry level laborers $12/hr, skilled technicians $21-25 for dirty, dangerous work. The mandates were enough to do it, but I can't imagine what I'd
have to pay to get people to show up in this environment, and my customers ire at having to pass those increased costs along.

The employer not only has to pay the higher wage, but also the higher matched taxes and contributions. A lot of liability insurance costs are a percentage of payroll too. Paid time off and holidays cost more. It's insane, and if this is "transitory", I'll eat my hat.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top