Link Posted: 5/29/2011 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#4]
ISP-Idaho State Police

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard the njsp were modeled after German uniforms.. They look ready to invade poland

You heard wrong.. considering the design of the uniforms came way before the Gestapo.

Ummm.... you're wrong.... The NJSP uniform was modeled after the Interwar Reichsheer Uniform. Which evolved into the WWII Uniforms.

In addition to its distinctive triangular badge, Troopers wear a distinctive uniform for regular patrol duties, which is normally reserved for "Class A" functions in nearby state police forces (Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania). Its origins, according to common NJ folklore and Col. Schwarzkopf's diaries, are in German uniforms of the inter-war period which were found to be sufficiently smart and imposing, while practical. The winter uniform consists of a light blue Army-style coat, known as a blouse, with brass buttons, and gold triangular patches, with "N.J." on the right lapel and "S.P." on the left. The blouse is worn over a dress shirt, light blue for sergeants and below, white for lieutenants and above, and a navy blue necktie. Navy blue trousers or riding breeches bearing a gold stripe on each side completes the uniform. During the summer, the blouse is replaced with a long-sleeve blue shirt (NJ State Troopers have not worn short-sleeved shirts since Wednesday, November 1, 2000), while a necktie is still worn. A saucer-shaped hat (as opposed to a Stetson hat in New York and Maryland or the Campaign hat in Delaware and Pennsylvania.) is worn, with two straps—one going over the crown, giving the uniform a distinctive, almost German Army-like appearance, appropriate to the uniform's origin. Unlike most other police agencies, the Troopers' badge is only worn on the hat. For this reason, it is extremely unusual to ever see a Trooper without his cover on. Enlisted troopers wear their applicable rank on the sleeves while officers wear their rank on shoulder epaulets. Both winter and summer uniforms are worn with the full Sam Browne Belt, if a weapon is worn, which was adopted by Col. Schwarzkopf, as the belt gave the wearer a proper "brace" (known by General of the Armies John Pershing as the "West Point Brace;" appropriate at the time since both Pershing and Schwarzkopf were both graduates).

Colonel Schwarzkopf’s military background greatly influenced all areas of the newly formed organization. During training olive-drab denims, courtesy of the Army surplus store, served their purpose very well. As the end of training approached, the need for a distinctive uniform became a priority.

Schwarzkopf outfitted the new troopers in what was standard from 1921-1924. That original uniform consisted of a Stetson hat, brown boots, olive britches, gray shirt, Jersey blue tie, navy wool blouse and Sam Browne belt and holster. The belt forced the wearer to “brace” like a West Pointer, which was exactly why it was chosen by Schwarzkopf.
NJSP website

How many German Army uniforms included a Stetson hat????????????????????????????????????
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 2:35:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.chpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8680

I do like the LA uniforms. Solid blue .

Dude, the guy from Mass. in that thread is wearing a CIB.

My agency allows the wearing of Military awards for special occasions.

I think it is foolish.

Don't have any cool military awards?

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 2:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]

I would bet a buck that the trooper in front of the Blue Angels aircraft was a former USMC DI.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 4:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would bet a buck that the trooper in front of the Blue Angels aircraft was a former USMC DI.

I know that guy.  He is prior service Marines but not a DI.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know that guy.  He is prior service Marines but not a DI.

He's (you?)got that DI slouch down pat.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#10]
If we are doing cars too, It's hard to beat the silver and blue.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:38:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

looks like you to that shit serious to say the least.

I hear it's all fun and games.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

As I sort of expected, everybody is simply posting their own state.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#15]
See, I must have had temorary dislexia, because I read this as Police State...

And to answer the question as it was written, I'd go with the good o'le Commonwealth.

Normal:

Dress:
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
RI are fuckin horrible

You mean Reddish/Gray and Oxblood Leather dont do it for you??????
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I definetly like the Idaho uniform too.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
this thread from a diffrent forum has picts of every state
State LE pictures

Hah, WY is the only one with ARs in the pic.  We win.

Wait a minute . . .

http://ramparts360.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/gun-safety.png

Will you look at that. FHP has rifles too.

http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2009/audio/911_usfshoot/usf_shooter_300.jpg

Yeah, but in Wyoming we actually get to use them.

Note the Texan standing in front of what looks like our State Capital, looking menacing and just waiting for some punk to come along. "Howdy, y'all" indeed. Welcome to Texas, fuck-o's. I'd like to see somebody try some shit in front of the policeman in a cowboy hat with an AR

Ours are inside the rotunda. You can come in, you just can't get out.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
State LE pictures

Wait a minute . . .

Note the Texan standing in front of what looks like our State Capital, looking menacing and just waiting for some punk to come along. "Howdy, y'all" indeed. Welcome to Texas, fuck-o's. I'd like to see somebody try some shit in front of the policeman in a cowboy hat with an AR

Most state troopers in Texas are a little bigger than your avg police officer, due to the fact they usually ride alone. Also, most of them grew up in rural areas and are very comfortable with the AR...

Never seen a Wyo Trooper, have ya? Ranch kids are big fellers or wiry fuckers. No middle ground.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
State LE pictures

Wait a minute . . .

Most state troopers in Texans are a little bigger than your avg police officer, due to the fact they usually ride alone. Also, most of them grew up in rural areas and are very comfortable with the AR...

Here, let me fix that for you

That'll work!

Reminds me of a joke, a bit of a play on the Texas Ranger/Riot one. Why are there only 500,000 Wyomingites? That's all that's needed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:23:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Somebody spoke of rides:

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
RI are fuckin horrible

You mean Reddish/Gray and Oxblood Leather dont do it for you??????

Those are really bad
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 12:03:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Texas Rangers >*

I DO like the Idaho uniforms and the Maryland black and green patrol cars.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I got a much closer look at one of those than I wanted to last year.

I95?
Link Posted: 5/29/2011 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not New Jersey's.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8458/0001zhe69623801yt8.jpg

Just missing the swastikas and goose stepping

That's the Mass State Police.

Their uniforms, like NJSP's pre-date the Nazi's

That's about what I thought. The Nazis emulated the uniform, tactics, and especially the attitude? That explains a lot. Let's hope that they change their ways before history must repeat itself.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I always like OSP's. Especially the dress uniform.

Link Posted: 5/29/2011 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Virginia has some nice ones.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top