Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The first firearm I purchased for myself was a S&W mdl 66, in the early 70's. Great handgun.
Found myself working armed security in Florida in the 90's. The former FHP trooper running the state program mandated a 4" .357 or .38. Loaded with .38 ammo only.
I got damned good with my mdl 65 and carried an (unauthorized) 642 as backup.
I would carry that combo again and feel adequately armed, though the Colt LW Commander has been my constant companion for a couple of decades now.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When I'm home my EDC is a Smith 442 Pro.

CD

Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You do understand that you could have just been an adult and not be a dick to an age group over their preference for a specific kind of tool that you obviously have living in your head rent free and simply not post since you had nothing of value to contribute other than toxicity, correct?

Nah, it's much easier to mock and dismiss rather than critically think first. It's why keeping the community interested in guns in every age bracket will be problematic, because of toxic divisional folk like yourself. Least you were able to get in that edgy reply tho, right??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kinda surprised this thread made it to page two.

Figured the few that did have died already because of it. Well, that and old age.

You do understand that you could have just been an adult and not be a dick to an age group over their preference for a specific kind of tool that you obviously have living in your head rent free and simply not post since you had nothing of value to contribute other than toxicity, correct?

Nah, it's much easier to mock and dismiss rather than critically think first. It's why keeping the community interested in guns in every age bracket will be problematic, because of toxic divisional folk like yourself. Least you were able to get in that edgy reply tho, right??

Lighten up Francis.

Frankly, I think you’re the toxic one, because you’re acting like the whiny snowflake that you probably complain about. You’re not thinking critically if you don’t comprehend the jest. And if you don’t understand humor, I really don’t give a shit about your thoughts or opinions. You’re the problem with this world. Sack up and learn to take a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I never have.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#5]
All day every day.

When someone builds a semi that will feed 240gr. and up big bore bullets across a wide velocity range (say 800-1400 fps for me), with a big fat & flat nose profile including full wadcutters, every time, while still cycling weak shot shells every time, I'd jump on board.

Until that happens...... here I sit in revolving pistol land
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It's ironic that revolvers have been part of our culture over 180 years; I don't carry them often, but always enjoy training with them and they are just part of that iconic history in your pocket or on your hip. I personally like these revolver threads every now and then...some gorgeous and functional defensive tools.

Not sure why in the hell I jumped on the Czech-made AL9.0 when I saw it, but love it! I'll carry it around the house once in a while, but the .44SPL has more snake shot

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I live in a very low threat rural environment, so around my AO, I pocket carry a model 38 airweight fitted with CT laser grips. It’s very simple, reliable and easy to carry, and I’m, well let’s just say “highly competent.”  I also generally have several contingency options at hand.
When working on my property, I pack a model 65 in a military shoulder holster. Simple, and gives me a broad set of options from nuisances (armadillos, etc.) to things that might be dangerous (wild pigs, black bears, etc.)

As things in our country have deteriorated the last decade or so, now when I go into one of the large cities, I take a bit more firepower - usually a Glock with quite a few spare magazines. We had virtually no antifa/BLM nonsense here during that summer of insanity. But in a densely populated “big city” environ  - it’s just not a revolver world anymore. I have a LOT more training and experience with the Glock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I carry a 637 .38SPL and 1 speedloader as often as I carry my Kahr K9.

Never feel under-armed when I do. I don't plan on getting into a protracted gunfight ever; I plan on shooting just enough to get the fuck outta Dodge.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry my S&W Performance Center 586 L-Comp for a duty carry on occasions. It’s 7 rounds of Magnum power…..heck most 1911s style pistols are 7-9 rounds so I don’t feel out gunned and I’m pretty quick with my speed loaders and moon clips. Sometimes ya just gotta go old school !!!

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top