User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'd give up damn near anything to be an astronaut.  

You and me both.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd give up damn near anything to be an astronaut.  

You and me both.

Or you could be a cosmonaut...and likely wind up giving up everything for it.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
When I was growing up, my dad had the coolest job. He flew F-4s as a part time fighter weapons instructor for the Kansas air guard.

I would ask him about his day, he'd say, "we did some dog fighting, then dropped some bombs, and did some areobatics the way back to the base."

One day he was particularly proud, he managed to do a hammerhead stall in an F-4! He said it was tricky with a fighter because of the balance. It was hard to tell what way it would drop, sometimes over on it's back, sometimes it would nose over. He said the trick was to stomp on the rudder as the plane was loosing airspeed.

I have trouble imagining a cooler job than that.

This.  Or surgeon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
U-2 Chase vehicle driver. You get to drive a high performance car behind a U-2 while it's landing and help spot the pilot as he lands.

That would also by definition make you a u-2 pilot as well since the spotters are all pilots themselves... Plus its not as glamorous as it sounds, they are not particularly high performance... they have a couple GTO's some G8's and some Camaro's. which I promise you is pretty much the polar opposite of what this thread is about. The u-2 is pretty unanimously regarded as the most single most difficult and unforgiving aircraft currently flying . The number of ways in which the aircraft is able to kill you js impressively long.

The flight envelope, the block of airspeed in which an aircraft will be capable of maintaining controlled flight, called the q corner, or in the case of the U-2 the coffin corner, is a constantly changing narrow window of safe airspeed that a pilot must always maintain. In the u-2  over 90% of a typical mission which can often exceed 12 hours is flown within a window of 5 knots, something that is absolutely insane.

The difficulty experienced by the pilots flying the U-2 led to it being known as the Dragonlady because of its extremely unforgiving nature with respect to pilot ineptitude or incompetence.  Its not very often that you find a group of pilots who christen the official unofficial name of their aircraft as a cold hearted bitch with wings. Not exactly a morale booster that one.

there are better gigs out there I promise
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 1:05:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Either you or someone you know.

There's a guy at my church whose company will remain unnamed here... he's an explosives engineer... he gets paid to figure out how to blow stuff up, then he goes into the field to do it! THAT is the coolest job in the world!

Wow cool.
It would be fun to be the DJ at the strip club.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 2:49:04 AM EDT
[#7]
FPS Russia
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:01:57 AM EDT
[#8]
The guy on TV that get's paid to travel to different countries and get shit faced has the best job
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well I used to fly on the back of a PAVELOW and shoot at shit while taking special people to special places. That was officially the coolest job in the world.
Now I sit around all day and make machine guns of various types.
I gotta admit Ive been really lucky

Don't forget being on TV
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 6:25:18 AM EDT
[#10]

I can tell you who it's not.

The guy who collects semen to sell to horse breeders.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I jack off horses"
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can tell you who it's not.

The guy who collects semen to sell to horse breeders.

"So what do you do for a living?"

"I jack off horses"

This is usually a vet. There are LOTS worse things a vet has to deal with.

Link Posted: 4/16/2012 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Navy SEAL

/thread
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anthony Bourdain has a pretty cool job.

I opened this thread to say just that.

yep

This.
Link Posted: 4/16/2012 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Lesbian fluffer
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Bikini waxer.

They probably don't hire males. Even if they did, you'd have to put up with some disgusting women sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
clarkson

There are jobs I would much rather want to do, since I could care less about tv or broadcasting, but they all involve a large degree of real work. I would do anything to fly f-22's for aliving like what others ahve said, but almost no one on the planet  has the awesomeness : lack of 'acutal work' style of work than clarkson.

clarkson is the correct answer

what did you do today? had a car chase through a shopping mall, tomorrow I'm going to storm a beach with the marines in a compact car

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This. Travel.eat.drink make new friends

That being said I love my job

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I opened this thread to say just that.

Seconded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I think traveling the country and looking for shit like American Pickers would be fun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Professional musician.  I know it's hard, it's hell.  I have a few friends and aquaintences getting ready for album releases, tours etc, but the idea of playing music for a living sounds really appealing.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top