Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 1:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was a kid / teen, I got Bruce Lee, or other Asian martial artist. Older teens and early -mid twenties, Ricky Steamboat,  Keanu Reeves. Sometime in my 30s and early 40s it turned into Richard Gere. Now it's Joel Osteen.

And there's some drunk 25 yo girl in town that occasionally screams "BILLY RAY!!!" as she goes by hanging halfway out of a car window. She started that shit about 5 years ago. She and her friends would go in stores behind me and things like that and she'd walk up but never say anything. I thought, well, I knew she was crazy, so I never said anything. One of her friends finally said " She likes you, " so I asked her where the Billy Ray comes from ( figured she was making fun ), but she loved Billy Ray Cyrus and through her drunk/ stoned, possibly bad eyesight though I looked like him. She gave me her number and we met up and ate at a little grill here, but have mercy, you could smell the cheap beer and weed on her from across the table. At that point I figured, welp, she's permanently fired, crazy, and about 25 years younger than me, and I'm too old to stick my dick in the crazy, and didn't want to at that.

Having said that,
I don't see any of it.  Never have. There was a time I favored Keanu ( the goofy days ), Richard Gere when I had a similar haircut and glasses, and Bruce Lee to a degree way back, the Osteen thing, there some there, but none of it is really like a doppelganger type thing. Just eyes and nose, or mouth and hair or some little thing here and there.  

Oh, and Chachi, I still get that if my hair isn't long. Charles in Charge. That's more likely, been called that a million times. I think that's the only one that's maybe close, or was before I started putting on weight 5 years ago. The Billy Ray isn't even remotely similar.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
An Asshole. Fuck those people though.  They're blind...
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Matthew McConaughey.

Yes, definitely Matthew McConaughey.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The NBA Commissioner, David Stern
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The Hoff ....yep, serious.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Warren Zevon
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Kyle Busch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Kenny Rogers
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Michael J Fox, but long before the shaking.
Never really got it because I am significantly more handsome, and much, much larger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
A 5-ish year old Japanese girl mistook me for her dad at the Chicago Museum of... Well, it was some museum in Chicago. Big exhibit on spiders.

She just backed up into me and reached up and grabbed my hand. Wouldn't look up at me. So I just wandered around until I saw some Japanese people. When she saw her dad, she looked up at me like I just walked out of the Twilight Zone, then ran to her dad.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Michael J. Fox...pre-shakes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Peter Frampton.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kenny Rogers
View Quote

You don't say?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm always getting confused with someone that gives a fuck. The who ever they are.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Not really mistaken for, but it isn't unusual for people to give me the long look.

Most recently,
This Guy if I have a semi-beard

A nurse at the local hospital my son was at a year ago said I looked like this guy

I've also been told that I look like some comic book TV guy

When I was younger (early 20s) someone thought I was Seann William Scott

Also

and a much taller double for this guy

The SO and I joke that I'm a bit of a celebrity chameleon.She thinks it is hilarious and point out when people are staring.  It doesn't help that I live not to far from NYC.

I missed my chance to be a stunt double apparently.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:25:18 PM EDT
[#17]
The Devil.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You don't say?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kenny Rogers

You don't say?

yeah.................................without the money!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#19]
When I was 17 a woman asked me if I was Ashton Kutcher
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have had plenty 'You look like Paul McCartney' over the years.
View Quote

Sometimes people confuse me with someone who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Random people tell me all the time that I look like Rob Dyrdek
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:13:01 PM EDT
[#23]
People mistake me for someone that gives a shit all the time
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Brad Pitt or Ed Norton.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I used to be mistaken for Val Kilmer a lot (long after Top Gun, but before he went into obscurity).  I must walk like him too, because on the studio lots I had several production people yell "Hey, Val!" at me when he was supposed to be on set.  

The last person I was mistaken for was Prince Harry, by a bunch of paparazzi no less. That was weirdly amusing.  I thought they were taking pics of someone behind me, then I realized it was me and I think the "WTF?!?" look on my face gave it away. In their defense, Harry was reportedly in the area and most of them probably hadn't seen him in person.

I don't see it, but my wife made me do that Heritage web site that does facial recognition and apparently I repeatedly came in over 95% visually similar with 1990s Kilmer and Prince Harry, so I guess computers find the similarities too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Schmidt from the new girl. Every single time I go to a bar!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Disregarding how much shorter I am, some pics of Krist Novoselic look like they could have come right out of my old photo albums.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#28]
stifller from American pie,
I had people calling me I haven't spoke to in a7 or 8 years that saw the movie saying that there was this guy and character that looked just like me in high school.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wolf Blitzer, of all people. There was a crowd following me at a pro golf tournament one time thinking I was Wolf. One guy approached my wife and asked if she was Mrs. Blitzer.

I have since changed my hair, beard, and got rid of the glasses.
View Quote

I would have fucked with them, badmouthing Hillary, promoting Trump, and how big of a penis Don Lemon likes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:38:53 PM EDT
[#30]
When I was a mailman, I had more than a few little kids call me "daddy" for some reason. One dumb bitch thought I was the UPS driver.

People often tell me that I look like someone they used to know or have seen somewhere. It's common enough that my patent answer is that other person is my evil twin. Lots of people don't get that reference...

When we first moved into my neighborhood twenty years ago, the neighborhood busybody/gossip thought I was a state trooper because of my build and buzz-cut. So, she went around telling everyone that I was a Trooper. That took a while to go away.

1DD

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Aids infected ?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Johnny Wadd -  from the waist down.

Aids infected ?

The question was related to appearance, not health status.  But I do have skinny legs, so maybe.

Sadly, from what I've read Mr. Holmes was not the most circumspect in his life choices.  If the large scale, unprotected sex hadn't killed him at an early age, his drug habit most likely would have.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#32]
A girlfriend of mine said I reminded her of Tice Brune, once.

I took it as a compliment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Before my hair turned gray, Frank Mir.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Picked my son up from daycare one day and a little girl said hey daddy. Yup, that's it.
View Quote

FPNI. Except in my case, I was at the airport waiting for my luggage. Little girl walked right up and grabbed my hand like it was the most natural thing in the world. Mommy came running up embarrassed saying "Honey, that's not Daddy!"

I was single, but she was NOT a MILF.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Tom Hanks/Forest Gump
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#36]

My nieces have me confused with John D. Rockefeller.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Tom Hanks/Forest Gump
http://i68.tinypic.com/v6os34.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Jesus.

I used to work in a hospital and the nuns thought I looked like Jesus.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#39]
I get mistaken for various college football and NFL players.

I'm 6'7", fat and use a cane
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Peter North.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Gary sinise. I get it all the time.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Jean Claude Van Dam(sp?)
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#44]
I was mistaken for a mass-murderer after the Roy Rogers Massacre in 1976. I was watching a convict where the lone survivor was being hospitalized and a nurse IDed me as the killer.....Much drama, Oh my.....I even had the dubious honor of making the Washington Post.  

After the guy was caught and convicted I saw him in C-Block at the Virginia State Penitentiary and he did look a lot like me though a good bit older. I think he died in some other Virginia prison in 2013.

Roy Rogers Massacre

#The freezer of the Roy Rogers Restaurant on Little River Turnpike in Alexandria turned into a mass grave the night of March 6, 1976.

#The freezer also saved the life of Julie Nakpodia, who survived in spite of being shot twice in the brain.

#In November of 1976, Horan prosecuted James Leroy Breeden, 40 at the time of the crimes. A Fairfax County jury found him guilty of the largest mass killing in Fairfax history.

#"We were just fortunate that the one girl survived. She got two bullets in her head and she survived it and wound up my witness," Horan said, 27 years after the murders. "Doctors said that actually the cold of the refrigerator slowed up her metabolism enough that she was still alive when the doors were opened the next day. She was a very lucky girl."

#Between 12:30 and 1:45 a.m., Breeden ordered five people to the restaurant's walk-in freezer. There, he murdered Nakpodia's husband, Edward Nakpodia, 25, a divinity student, who was shot at least four times; Annandale resident Patrick Marcil, 22, a clerk for the FBI who suffered five gunshots to the head, thorax and abdomen; Anthony Dennis Gildea, 32, a manager for Marriott who was shot twice in the head; and Richard Moorefield, 19, a student who was also shot twice in the head.

#Julie Nakpodia was the only survivor.

#Breeden's lawyers requested that the case be moved outside Fairfax County because of pre-trial publicity surrounding the crime. The request was denied.

#More than 100 witnesses testified during the trial.

#Breeden was sentenced to four life terms in prison for the murders, life for the robbery, plus 20 years for the malicious wounding of Nakpodia.

#Breeden was not eligible for the death penalty since no executions took place in the United States from 1967-1976 while the United States Supreme Court considered cases that led to the invalidation of the death penalty statutes in 40 states in 1972. The first execution in the United States — as well as in Virginia — after modern death penalty laws were rewritten took place in 1977.

On a better note the guy that helped him case the place (and some say actually shot the people) was convicted for another murder and was put to death in 2007.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#45]
A respectable member of society

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Never mistaken for anyone, but in High School I was told I looked like Michael J Fox's character in Family Ties.
In college, a girl told me I looked like Patrick Swayzee. I don't think I look anything like him, but she was the spitting image of Jennifer Grey, same build, same nose, same hairstyle.
When I had a beard, and Home Improvement was still on, I got called "Al" a lot.
Now it's typically Steve Carell.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#47]
In high school I was a spitting image of Edward Furlong from American History X.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Gary Sinese. But I don't see it at all. Oh, and it was a state trooper who said it. Gee, great observational powers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
When he was playing in the NFL, I was told I looked like quarterback Jim Everett. I used to fly a lot for business and I had more than a few odd conversations about it in airports. It really took me by surprise.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Samoan or Seminole indian
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top