Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Jaeger schnitzel with red cabbage and sliced/fried speckknoedel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think most of you guys saying tenderloin are talking about loin.
View Quote

Shhhhhh.   Your preaching to the special ed kids choir.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Make your own. Super easy to do.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
The best Pork Tenderloin Sandwich I’ve ever had was at the Clark County Fair in Ohio.  
Same goes for pork chops.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be going to watch the eclipse in Muncie IN.   So I need to get myself a tendeloin sandwich somewhere then.  Its been a while since I've been out there.  They can be excellent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
This thread is awesome ??
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Culver's pork tenderloin sandwich is pretty good.  Sonic sold a decent one a long time ago.  Love a good tenderloin sandwich.  When I was a kid a local chain (What-a-burger, not the same as Whataburger) sold what they called a Hillbilly Steak sandwich.  It was a breaded tenderloin on a long bun, topped with cocktail sauce of all things.  Actually very good, the horseradish in the sauce helped set it off.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My #1 so far has been from Sticks N Stones in Hannibal, Missouri.

I've found a few others in Iowa within a 2 hour drive that were worth the stop.

Have a few more on the list this year to hit when I do kayak trips.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 8:58:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My #1 so far has been from Sticks N Stones in Hannibal, Missouri.

I've found a few others in Iowa within a 2 hour drive that were worth the stop.

Have a few more on the list this year to hit when I do kayak trips.
View Quote

There used to be a place in Des Moines called Millies and then Smittys that was just tenderloins and they were incredible

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:02:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I also love what is called an Iowa Chop. It is a pork chop cut really thick and I would put them on the grill and use apricot preserves to glaze them. Apricot and pork go really well together if you haven't tried it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#11]
A staple here in the Midwest!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I live on Ohio - Indiana border and every mom and pop food joint has fried tenderloin sandwiches. It’s a staple here.

Culver’s is not bad, but homemade is definitely best.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tonkatsu!
View Quote

Pump the brakes, Umaru-chan. Big brother is enjoying schnitzel sandwiches, not soup.

CSB: I was once tasked to design an instant tonkatsu soup base - but couldn’t have any pork in it. Made me shake my head a bit at the request but the project ended up with something the customer actually liked. Best part was visiting all the local ramen joints to have tonkatau as “research” since I had never had opportunity to eat it before.

ETA: Jägerschnitzel is best schnitzel
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn, I'm hungry for one.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top