Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:01:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got $100 on Trump at .36 and a couple other smaller bets like GOP winning Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I was looking at PA election
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive got a few grand on T$.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Betting Market EERILY Similar To 2016, Major Poll Shows Why Trump Might Actually Win
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 2:26:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I put some money on Trump a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:24:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought it was 10% of the profit and 5% for the withdraw fee. Then add in the market caps to limit winnings and you really have to find predictions that are heavily skewed. The 2016 election had Trump at 18 cents, so it was worth it. Now, meh.
View Quote

I keep seeing that site thrown around. Looking at the TOS and fee structure its terrible.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:31:34 AM EDT
[#7]
So if I understand these market sites correctly it is not a traditional book. The site just makes a market and takes a cut. They don't actually back any bets either way.

So if you have 100 blue haired freaks that really love Biden and 40 barrel chested freedom loving Chads who believe that GEOTUS protects and a cap on what everyone can put into the market wouldn't that skew things a bit?

What I'm saying is I don't put a lot of faith in these market sites as a predictor on what will happen on election day. It is not a true Vegas style book and I see people talking about it like it is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Be curious to see if anyone in the media and democrats put money on Trump
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:57:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm waiting for better odds. If it goes 5:1, I'll get in.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ive got a few grand on T$.
View Quote

Not on PredictIt.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I put a few hundred on Trump back in 2016, turned it into $1,200 by watering it with liberal tears.  I have 600 shares at 39 cents so far this year.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm getting an error saying that the maximum amount of traders has been reached. Did I miss out?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd bet on Biden, so at least if Trump lost, I'd make some money.  If Trump wins, I would be too relieved to care.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm getting an error saying that the maximum amount of traders has been reached. Did I miss out?
View Quote

Maybe they're just saying the site is too busy right now and come back later?
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#16]
When you're hot your hot.

When you're not your not.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmm, I found another one that asked which party would win.  I couldn't bet on Trump but I guess betting on the GOP is the same thing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hmm, I found another one that asked which party would win.  I couldn't bet on Trump but I guess betting on the GOP is the same thing.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/406502/trump_2020_get_money_JPG-1639104.JPG
View Quote

That is what the leftists bet on when they think Trump will win it. But don't want to feel too dirty about it.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I had $200 on Trump @ 22 cent in 2016. That worked out well.

Also, keep in mind you can buy "Biden No" if is a better price than "Trump Yes".
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/406502/trump_2020_get_money_JPG-1639104.JPG
View Quote

That seems to lag a bit behind the main race.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I put $100 on him at 41c per share
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#23]
When do you expect Biden people to radically start selling off their Yes shares? If at all.    I would have thought to see some sort of movement after this Biden corruption evidence dropped. But nothing. Maybe a symptom of MSM propaganda. Or mostly zealots betting on this.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#24]
If Trump loses it's going to be a rough day for me.

Politically and financially
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:15:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
How much do you have on Trump?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
When do you expect Biden people to radically start selling off their Yes shares? If at all.    I would have thought to see some sort of movement after this Biden corruption evidence dropped. But nothing. Maybe a symptom of MSM propaganda. Or mostly zealots betting on this.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327887/Screenshot_2020-10-17_143406_jpg-1640624.JPG
View Quote

most likely because those voting Biden already know he's corrupt as sin, but they're not really voting for him, rather they're voting against Trump.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Online gambling is illegal in WA state.

But if I did have money on Trump it would be a cool G
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When do you expect Biden people to radically start selling off their Yes shares? If at all.    I would have thought to see some sort of movement after this Biden corruption evidence dropped.
View Quote

The people on PredictIt follow the polls.  If they show Biden winning they they hold them.  The people there keep spreadsheets of all the polls, when they drop, how they weight, and the second a new poll is officially released the market changes.  They aren't guessing and hoping, they are simply playing a numbers games.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:53:13 PM EDT
[#29]
In 2016 it swung massively.  It was as much as 10 to 1 against Trump as the early results came in.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:54:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Online betting is illegal where I live.
View Quote

I forget how, but this isn't considered online betting.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont know how it works In Your state. But this technically isn't gambling.  It is actually ran by a university as a non profit that is doing data research

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/heres-how-to-legally-gamble-on-the-2016-race/2016/03/28/14397dde-f1dc-11e5-85a6-2132cf446d0a_story.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:57:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I keep seeing that site thrown around. Looking at the TOS and fee structure its terrible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought it was 10% of the profit and 5% for the withdraw fee. Then add in the market caps to limit winnings and you really have to find predictions that are heavily skewed. The 2016 election had Trump at 18 cents, so it was worth it. Now, meh.

This is true.  I was happy to win in 2016 but their fees and then the 1099 kill a decent percent of the gain.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

That bet may be full, but you can also bet on vice presidents and individual states.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I dont know how it works In Your state. But this technically isn't gambling.  It is actually ran by a university as a non profit that is doing data research

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/heres-how-to-legally-gamble-on-the-2016-race/2016/03/28/14397dde-f1dc-11e5-85a6-2132cf446d0a_story.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea I saw that, super cool work around!

I will have to look into it but in terms of political  bets the bank is closed lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#35]
I put $300 in.

Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#36]
What fucking idiot bets in these things?

There is no cutoff-point that will ensure the odds to be locked. Rest assured, the shills will manipulate the odds so there is only small payout. Today's odds are meaningless, except to serve as bait for fools.

Today, the strong odds show Horse A as being the likely winner, so dumb-asses TODAY will bet on Horse A thinking they can't lose.
As if initial odds in a gambling proposal are predictive of the actual outcome of the underlying contest.
Fools.

As payout-day grows closer, the shills will dump funds into Horse-B-bets to even the odds, and ensure that there will be a lesser payout to Horse-A-bettors.

As the odds tilt back to center, the early Horse-A-bettors will dump money into Horse-B-bets to hedge the declining-value of their initial bet on Horse A.

As the pool of wagered money grows, the raw dollar-amount of the percentage-cut to the betting agency grows and grows.

Meanwhile, as the relative odds tilt toward an even payout obligation for the betting agency, the dollar-payout to "winning" bettors is less and less.

That's the way these rip-off games work.

If you don't understand this, you truly do deserve to lose your money.

Read their rules:

The Rules
The individual identified in the question shall be the winner of the 2020 U.S. presidential general election.

PredictIt may determine how and when to settle the market based on all information available to PredictIt at the relevant time.

PredictIt reserves the right to wait for further official, party, judicial or other relevant announcements, reports or decisions to resolve any ambiguity or uncertainty before the market is settled.

Markets may stay open or incur a delay in settlement well past the date of the contest in certain circumstances.

If there is any change to an event, or any situation arises, that is not in PredictIt’s view addressed adequately by the market rules, PredictIt will decide the fairest and most appropriate course of action.

PredictIt’s decisions and determinations under this rule shall be at PredictIt’s sole discretion and shall be final
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What fucking idiot bets in these things?

There is no cutoff-point that will ensure the odds to be locked. Rest assured, the shills will manipulate the odds so there is only small payout. Today's odds are meaningless, except to serve as bait for fools.

Today, the strong odds show Horse A as being the likely winner, so dumb-asses TODAY will bet on Horse A thinking they can't lose.
As if initial odds in a gambling proposal are predictive of the actual outcome of the underlying contest.
Fools.

As payout-day grows closer, the shills will dump funds into Horse-B-bets to even the odds, and ensure that there will be a lesser payout to Horse-A-bettors.

As the odds tilt back to center, the early Horse-A-bettors will dump money into Horse-B-bets to hedge the declining-value of their initial bet on Horse A.

As the pool of wagered money grows, the raw dollar-amount of the percentage-cut to the betting agency grows and grows.

Meanwhile, as the relative odds tilt toward an even payout obligation for the betting agency, the dollar-payout to "winning" bettors is less and less.

That's the way these rip-off games work.

If you don't understand this, you truly do deserve to lose your money.

Read their rules:

View Quote

Nobody here is doing this as some sort of income generation. It is entertainment.  I don't see people putting money out there they don't already expect to lose.  A win would be a bonus.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 7:44:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nobody here is doing this as some sort of income generation. It is entertainment.  I don't see people putting money out there they don't already expect to lose.  A win would be a bonus.
View Quote

Did you just say gamblers bet money for reasons other than the hope of making money?

"Just for fun" as they say.

Makes perfect sense to me, right?

So long as we agree that losing most of the time is "fun."

Its a riot.

For the house.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#39]
I'll be happy if I lose it.

$500ish of the money I have in is profit from the primaries that I rolled into general election

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I put 100 on trump last week
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Did you just say gamblers bet money for reasons other than the hope of making money?

"Just for fun" as they say.

Makes perfect sense to me, right?

So long as we agree that losing most of the time is "fun."

Its a riot.

For the house.
View Quote

I'm actually curious what Vegas does if the election is contested.

If both sides declares they won, who do they pay out?
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 9:04:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm actually curious what Vegas does if the election is contested.

If both sides declares they won, who do they pay out?
View Quote

Maybe the bets against gap toothed stacy abrams in Georgia, who has still refused to accept defeat, might not have paid out  
Link Posted: 11/3/2020 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Guys, we did it!  Congrats!

Now how do I get my money back from this site?
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

MMMMUUHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#45]
I’ve been buying in a little along for months.  have more than I should for Biden NO around .36.  I cant get the site to load tonight.
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I tapped out last night when Trump was 70 cents. Managed to pull a small profit. Better than nothing I guess.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2020 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Win or lose I'm holding til it's over

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#48]
How do I take my winnings out? Do I have to wait 30 days?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:18:37 AM EDT
[#49]
It is really starting to look like I will lose $700 this year.  In 2016 I turned $400 into $2,100, so I guess I've had my fun.  I've never withdrawn money.  I just let it ride.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is really starting to look like I will lose $700 this year.  In 2016 I turned $400 into $2,100, so I guess I've had my fun.  I've never withdrawn money.  I just let it ride.
View Quote

It ain't over yet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top