Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The better question is:

Why did the FBI orchestrate the entire situation?
View Quote

This is the elephant in the room
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If they know all hostages are out (one was released earlier so they knew how many were there), thry could wait him out and the result would have been either suicide or surrender.
View Quote

The options will end up destroying the temple. Radical Muslim terrorist..... well, they decided negotiations weren't working and made entry. The suspect determines the result of that outcome NOT the entry team.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I mean, after all the hostages escaped, you still have the hostage taker on the loose. Gotta arrest him for it, HRT was almost ready might as well go in and try to arrest the dude.
View Quote

HRT probably didn't want to risk that there was someone hiding out in the synagogue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The real joke is the FBI probably gave him a pistola that didn't even work... joke's on the Tango!  

Because the "Most Elite Hostage Rescue Team in the World" couldn't handle one Terrorist with a functioning firearm.

Problem - Reaction - Solution

The fictional narrative has the HRT being the BIG HEROES... when the video shows they looked like Sh!t
View Quote

Sure looks like the suspect runs out armed and then runs back in. Should have been shot by the sniper right then. Front door crossfire was interesting, along with running in front of the vehicle several times. That debrief had to be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And if he detonated the same device when the HRT kicked in the door?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Devil's Advocate:

HRT doesn't engage the suspect and there is an attempt to negotiate him out.  During the negotiation the suspect detonates a device that destroys the building and maybe injures an officer/agent  -or- there is a previously unknown hostage that gets murdered.

I can only imagine the GD head explosions that would ensue.  There is no chance for any Monday morning quarterbacking in a fluid and dynamic situation.

And if he detonated the same device when the HRT kicked in the door?

Yep.  The OP's article said it all:

there is no need to put the lives of SWAT officers in danger by conducting an armed assault

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't think of a major event in the last 10 years involving state or federal LE that ARFOM GD didn't turn into a conspiaracy theory.  

Off to invest more money in Reynolds.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]
So some guy who never worked for the FBI and has absolutely ZERO law law enforcement experience, is telling us how things work at an agency he never worked for or a field he has not a single day on the ground experience?

The guy's bio says he was an analyst at the CIA for a few years and then in 1989 went to to the U.S. Department of State, where he served four years as the deputy director for transportation security, antiterrorism assistance training, and special operations in the State Department’s Office of Counterterrorism.  He left the federal government in 1993 to start his own company.  The guy pushed paper for the gov his entire stint in positions that didn't involve him being in any law enforcement type of role.  Sure he had a cool sounding job title, but that is it.  These were civilian roles.  He NEVER was a LEO even for a day and never even carried a gun his entire federal career from what I can see.  If the guy had been an agent with Diplomatic Security, FBI or some other agency, he opinion would have more credibility.  Otherwise he is just some guy who read books and then wrote papers on how things 'should be'.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't think of a major event in the last 10 years involving state or federal LE that ARFOM GD didn't turn into a conspiaracy theory.  

Off to invest more money in Reynolds.
View Quote

I can't think of a major state federal law enforcement event in the last 10 years labeled a "conspiracy theory", that like most things so labeled didn't turn out to be truth.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:17:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I can't think of a major state federal law enforcement event in the last 10 years labeled a "conspiracy theory", that like most things so labeled didn't turn out to be truth.
View Quote

They turned out to be “real conspiracies” because that’s what people in GD want them to be.  Every “fact” discovered only proves they are so, right?

The idea that every state and federal law enforcement officer is somehow magically transformed into some zombie the moment he or she graduates an academy is a joke.  They are regular Americans who have a job in law enforcement.  They live in houses, eat food, have families, do stupid things, just like everyone else.  The conspiracy nonsense should have ended with the q-tarded crowd realizing that was all a huge waste of time, but some people need to feel like there is a mysterious, ethereal group of government guys in black helicopters out to get them in order to justify stockpiling toilet paper.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So some guy who never worked for the FBI and has absolutely ZERO law law enforcement experience, is telling us how things work at an agency he never worked for or a field he has not a single day on the ground experience?

The guy's bio says he was an analyst at the CIA for a few years and then in 1989 went to to the U.S. Department of State, where he served four years as the deputy director for transportation security, antiterrorism assistance training, and special operations in the State Department’s Office of Counterterrorism.  He left the federal government in 1993 to start his own company.  The guy pushed paper for the gov his entire stint in positions that didn't involve him being in any law enforcement type of role.  Sure he had a cool sounding job title, but that is it.  These were civilian roles.  He NEVER was a LEO even for a day and never even carried a gun his entire federal career from what I can see.  If the guy had been an agent with Diplomatic Security, FBI or some other agency, he opinion would have more credibility.  Otherwise he is just some guy who read books and then wrote papers on how things 'should be'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL, reading comprehension is important here:
I have more than 35 years experience with counter-terrorism and police training

But you don't need 35 years experience to know that putting your men at risk for no reason is a bad call...

Truth is that Matt DeSarno made the call because he knew for a fact that the terrorist didn't have functional weapons/explosives.  The Terror Factory customarily provides terrorists those items.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The HRT doesn’t make the decision to go.  Someone much higher in the COC takes the input of the HRT and the input of the public relations supervisor and lots of other inputs and the gives the HRT the go.
View Quote

This was not a planned breach.  This was an in extremis breach forced on them when the hostages ran out of the door and the hostage taker followed after them.   They breached to prevent any harm to other potential hostages and to secure the site.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
FBI was upset and was taking their frustrations out on the guy. I mean, how can you burn up and roast hostages if all the hostages run out?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I can't think of a major state federal law enforcement event in the last 10 years labeled a "conspiracy theory", that like most things so labeled didn't turn out to be truth in my mind.
View Quote

Step back for a moment and take a break from the internet.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This was not a planned breach.  This was an in extremis breach forced on them when the hostages ran out of the door and the hostage taker followed after them.   They breached to prevent any harm to other potential hostages and to secure the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The HRT doesn’t make the decision to go.  Someone much higher in the COC takes the input of the HRT and the input of the public relations supervisor and lots of other inputs and the gives the HRT the go.

Matt DeSarno of the FBI spoke to the media immediately afterwards and indicated HE made the call on-scene.  There were NO HOSTAGES IN THE BUILDING when he made the call to have HRT assault the building.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
It's apparent many here have never heard of compromise authority.

We on the side of Islamic-extremist hostage-takers now? Some of you sound sad that he got filled in.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Jan 15: Officials give an update after standoff ends:

video

Matt DeSarno indicates he and the "HRT command structure" made the decision at ~7:00

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:44:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dead men tell no tales.
View Quote

It's already out that the feds were warned about the guy well in advance.

You know, as usual.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You know, as usual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dead men tell no tales.

You know, as usual.

The Anglo-American Establishment had to search the globe to find a violent, suicidal, incompetent like Malik Faisal Akram.  MI5 found just the right stooge for the job

Even Malik's family is like WTF?:
His brother, Gulbar, has demanded to know how he had been allowed to travel, telling reporters: "He's known to police.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They turned out to be “real conspiracies” because that’s what people in GD want them to be.  Every “fact” discovered only proves they are so, right?

The idea that every state and federal law enforcement officer is somehow magically transformed into some zombie the moment he or she graduates an academy is a joke.  They are regular Americans who have a job in law enforcement.  They live in houses, eat food, have families, do stupid things, just like everyone else.  The conspiracy nonsense should have ended with the q-tarded crowd realizing that was all a huge waste of time, but some people need to feel like there is a mysterious, ethereal group of government guys in black helicopters out to get them in order to justify stockpiling toilet paper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not going to turn this into a "cop hater" thread, I'll just say that before you get all puffy eyed about being pigeonholed,  look around you, read the profoundly ignorant shit your "brothers" write and promote, then police your own fucking house before you worry about mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Had to mop up their loose ends.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't think of a major state federal law enforcement event in the last 10 years labeled a "conspiracy theory", that like most things so labeled didn't turn out to be truth in my mind.

You mean like the FBI fabricating evidence to frame the President of the United States?

Or law enforcement failing on a national scale to do literally anything about that?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

But you don't need 35 years experience to know that putting your men at risk for no reason is a bad call...

Truth is that Matt DeSarno made the call because he knew for a fact that the terrorist didn't have functional weapons/explosives.  The Terror Factory customarily provides terrorists those items.
View Quote

Don't worry, I can read.
The guy has zero actual LE experience.  He may have owned a company that has people with an LE background, but it doesn't change my view.  We have bread crumbs as to what took place and why it MAY have occurred, but not the whole story.  Just some good ole' GD armchair quarterbacking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't worry, I can read.
The guy has zero actual LE experience.  He may have owned a company that has people with an LE background, but it doesn't change my view.  We have bread crumbs as to what took place and why it MAY have occurred, but not the whole story.  Just some good ole' GD armchair quarterbacking.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, I can read.

LOL, he knows the procedures and he is logical.  Do you think a military tactical team would go into an enemy building if they didn't have to?  He probably even has an education, which is more than a lot of people with LE background:

only 8% {of U.S. police departments} require a 4-year college degree

https://www.msnbc.com/ronan-farrow-daily/us-police-education-levels-and-the-use-force-msna476106
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#24]
They didn't want their false flag to get ruined?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Dead men tell no tales, didn't want details of his recruitment getting out during the trial.

#tearuptexas
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Malik Akram was now alone in the synagogue. There was no need to kill him and put the lives of the  HRT at risk.

The FBI needs to do some explaining.
View Quote

MI5 also needs to do some explaining for officially "downgrading" a suicidal, insane, Muslim terrorist, whose mental condition was deteriorating and allowing him to travel to America.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dead men tell no tales, didn't want details of his recruitment getting out during the trial.

#tearuptexas
View Quote

Tearing Up Texas isn't gonna happen by itself...
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Disband not only the FBI, but every alphabet agency.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm not going to turn this into a "cop hater" thread, I'll just say that before you get all puffy eyed about being pigeonholed,  look around you, read the profoundly ignorant shit your "brothers" write and promote, then police your own fucking house before you worry about mine.
View Quote

You have no idea what your talking about but that isn’t stoping you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Remember when Dallas SWAT drove a robot strapped with C4 to murder a suspect?
View Quote

I have a robot "employee of the month" tshirt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Remember when Dallas SWAT drove a robot strapped with C4 to murder stop a suspect murdering shitbird?
View Quote

FIFY.
As for the original question OP, he was making a move and they had to get it on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

they could have asked the 4 hostages that managed to escape by themselves. but I guess they had to get it on
View Quote

Pretty big building. They may not know exactly who all is in there.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Question - did SWAT actually know at the time that ALL hostages had escaped?

It seems that if there might have been more hostages, going in right then might have been a good idea, as they could get him before he got back to the remaining hostages.

In any case, he's dead, and this is a case of "all's well that ends well."

Mike
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Anglo-American Establishment had to search the globe to find a violent, suicidal, incompetent like Malik Faisal Akram.  MI5 found just the right stooge for the job

Even Malik's family is like WTF?:

View Quote

You can bet he was known to the FeeBs too.  Just like Vegas, Parkland, Pulse, Google, Garland…
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

MI5 also needs to do some explaining for officially "downgrading" a suicidal, insane, Muslim terrorist, whose mental condition was deteriorating and allowing him to travel to America.

View Quote

Why? A terrorist leaving your country is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

The lightswitch makes her eminently fuckable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Remember when Dallas SWAT drove a robot strapped with C4 to murder a suspect?
View Quote

That was a super interesting situation that is worthy of its own thread. Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#40]
The "Hostage Rescue Team" doesn't really need hostages to rescue.

Kind of like the "Voting Rights Bill" has nothing to do with voting rights.

Also, the Patriot Act was not patriotic.

See the trend?
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The "Hostage Rescue Team" doesn't really need hostages to rescue.

Kind of like the "Voting Rights Bill" has nothing to do with voting rights.

Also, the Patriot Act was not patriotic.

See the trend?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The better question is:

Why did the FBI orchestrate the entire situation?

It was supposed to end with 4 dead hostages and i dead lone wolf white supremacist until the hostages went off script. The livestream feed blew it open.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No defender of the feds here, but what would they have gained by staging this particular event?  If it was meant to push gun control, it would have involved a legally-purchased AR, and dead victims.  This particular time, they just made asses of themselves saying initially that it wasn't targeting the Jewish community.

I haven't followed all the details, but maybe they went in to arrest the guy after the hostages were freed, he raised a gun and got shot.
View Quote

Maybe. But the only way the feds could be any less credible is if it was discovered they drive this Islamist to his target as well
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Question - did SWAT actually know at the time that ALL hostages had escaped?

It seems that if there might have been more hostages, going in right then might have been a good idea, as they could get him before he got back to the remaining hostages.

In any case, he's dead, and this is a case of "all's well that ends well."

Mike
View Quote

Yes.  They knew ALL the hostages were free.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL, he knows the procedures and he is logical.  Do you think a military tactical team would go into an enemy building if they didn't have to?  He probably even has an education, which is more than a lot of people with LE background:

https://www.msnbc.com/ronan-farrow-daily/us-police-education-levels-and-the-use-force-msna476106
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry, I can read.

only 8% {of U.S. police departments} require a 4-year college degree

He may know "procedures" for some alphabet agency, but every one is different, including for agencies with tactical teams.  In the case of the FBI, they have regular agents, agents on SWAT teams who have it as a collateral duty at the 'local' level and then HRT that are full time.  The procedures for regular agents may differ from SWAT folks, which in turn might be different from HRT.  And I'm guessing decisions by HRT aren't necessarily made by a local supervisor, even though you see a local SAC on TV talking to the media.  And on top of that, every hostage situation can be unique and not fit in a cookie cutter SOP.   Again, we (the public) don't have ALL of the information as to what occurred and/or information known or believed at the time of the incident.  

And as for education, book smart does NOT equate to street smart, especially when it comes to law enforcement.  With that said, I'm guessing the number of FBI agents with college degrees is literally at 100%, and most likely have advanced degrees such as Masters or JD's.  

As far as I can tell, this guy has NEVER been a LEO or mil/special forces nor gone through a single door doing tactical entries.  And to top it off, most of the supposed LE and terrorism "experts" you see on TV with a fancy title under their name have very little if any actual real experience, rather they may have supervised a squad/team or "read" about LE operations, but didn't do any actual investigations let alone do any tactical operations.  I tried to look up to see if this guy in particular had any actual LE or military combat experience, but did not locate anything to indicate he has any of those qualifications.

I prefer to not jump to conclusions without having all of the facts.   As the late newscaster Paul Harvey would say, "And now for the rest of the story".
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The Gold star award goes the Philly cops when they assaulted the MOVE "compound".  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/GettyImages-515241528_jpeg-2247055.JPGWe said move, motherfuckers!!

View Quote

I remember that from when it was going down. Afterwards, someone made up patches showing a bomb falling from a helo, captioned, "Philadelphia Tactical Air Command." IIRC they caught a bunch of crap for the patches.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Do local officials invite federal agents on the scene or do the feds just assume authority over a situation? (Assuming we aren’t talking about a situation in D.C.).
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

@Jacare Brain dead , did you read the link posted below. Not my fucking words! There from the article.  Duh!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on some of the terminology you used, I'm not so sure you're the SME you claim you are.

@Jacare Brain dead , did you read the link posted below. Not my fucking words! There from the article.  Duh!

Ain't nobody got time for your link bro. I'm not really that into your thread.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#49]
My guess is they had to kill him to hide truths about him that would have come out if he were alive. Maybe he came over the border with other illegals? Maybe Biden flew him over from Afghanistan? Maybe he’s related to one of the muslims in Congress?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#50]
All dressed up for nothing? TRAINING OPPURTUNITY ?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top