Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:09:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Pure skins are the new minority
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm sorry, but you have me mistaken for somebody who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Personally I wouldn't GAF if it was just cosmetic (e.g. my flaming dragon eventually looked gay, and as decrepit as my geriatric ass). I do think it's funny when trashy people with trashy tattoos make it obvious and awkward to the people caring for them in their old age. Grandma with the pervy tats down under, for example.

I don't care about tats from an aesthetic standpoint. I think they're just usually wastes of money and unnecessary, so don't get any. No hate toward people who think differently, unless they also are welfare recipients. Everyone has different interests and values.

I think some tats look cool. When well thought out and done right (which generally costs $$$) they don't adversely impact my opinion of someone. Rarely they may have a net positive impact on my opinion. I assume that people with shitty tattoos or tattoos that can't be covered in long sleeves and long pants have horrible judgement and impulse control.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't care what folks draw on their bodies. I sometimes do wonder what a person was thinking when they got a particular doodle done.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
probably just dermatologists worrying a melanoma will be missed from the heavy ink coverage and aging eyesight of the inkie.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just enough to click the thread and copy/paste a gif....nice man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just enough to click the thread and copy/paste a gif....nice man.

Not to white knight or anything but YOU were the one who assumed all pureskins are concerned with what your skin will look like when you are old.

Most don't give a fuck.  Why should we care?

You assume people do, but they don't.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:17:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Worry so much about what tattoos will look like as people age?

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
View Quote

Perhaps that’s something you should have considered,
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:19:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Racism against Artificially-Colored people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Racism against Artificially-Colored people.

I demand cute and pale skinned, heavily tatted goth girls for reparations!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Damn dirty Inkies.

J/K... I don't give a shit. But don't take that to mean that when I meet someone who's tatted way up, they're already losing points right out of the gate, because I question their judgement. I used to hire people, so it was a game of weeding applicants out when there were many. People make judgements on appearances. Always have, always will.
View Quote

Many, many people have trouble with this FACT and pull the old "can't judge a book by it's cover" crap.  Like it or not it's the way it is.  Make certain you are OK with it before you spend good money on ink.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They're called Social Conservatives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same reason non-Christians jump into every post about religion and then melt down and go on the attack.There are just people who can’t tolerate anyone thinking or acting differently than they do. They are true conformists.

They're called Social Conservatives.

Social conservatives generally don’t conform to the fleeting whims of “social engineers” who are predominantly progressive, and who affect change of traditional American values through pop culture, academia, and the courts.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:25:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Having an opinion about something isn't really "caring" about it, for one.

You wanna use your body as a doodle pad, go for it. Ain't gonna stop you, but that ain't gonna stop people from having opinions about it. And yeah, some are going to say them out loud.

Why is it people who choose to get tattoos cry when people have opinions about them that people don't like? Did they not realize some people out there don't like it?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#13]

This is the correct answer.  And if you have tattoos why worry what others think of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:30:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m worried they’ll steal my car stereo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#15]
I really don't care.  

I try to support the inked.  We've even got a workforce reentry program here.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:31:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Legit
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I’m not worried about seeing aging tattoos…I won’t see ‘em since all y’all are gonna be in Prison.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Many, many people have trouble with this FACT and pull the old "can't judge a book by it's cover" crap.  Like it or not it's the way it is.  Make certain you are OK with it before you spend good money on ink.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn dirty Inkies.

J/K... I don't give a shit. But don't take that to mean that when I meet someone who's tatted way up, they're already losing points right out of the gate, because I question their judgement. I used to hire people, so it was a game of weeding applicants out when there were many. People make judgements on appearances. Always have, always will.

I totally agree, that is the way it is. Patterns and statistics are absolutely effective. Tattoos just happen to be one of the things our society/.gov still allow it to be applied to. There are a lot of other patterns and statistics we’re not allowed to talk about.

People often forget, GD hates everything. Tattoos, beards, clothes, smokers, left lane campers, cheap guns, expensive guns, cheap parts, expensive parts, fat women, skinny women, imported cars, domestic cars…….. Just because someone thinks it’s trashy in GD and is vocal about it doesn’t really mean most of the outside world even gives it a second thought.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Unattractive.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn good post for a '21er.  

In general OP, I think I'm going to worry less about aging inkies.  Time slows us all down and those catalytic convertors aren't getting any lighter.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't worry about them.  I welcome them.  I like it when people let me know that they're either felons or felons-in-waiting.

Besides, the meth mouth usually gives it away first.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:53:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tattoos are silly
View Quote

I have two myself, and I agree that they are. But I was a young, dumb Marine, so it made sense at the time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:54:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Why do people with imaginary vaginas get so upset about people saying they shouldn't get imaginary abortions if they get pregnant in their imagination?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Did your cell mate put those on for you?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:59:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Not advisable to get one but hey do whatever you want. Tattoos are aping the aesthetics of the poor, lower and criminal classes because that’s who use to get them. Doesn’t make you low class but I question the judgement of getting one. Of the many street criminal I ever arrested I’d estimate 95% had tattoos.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pure skins are the new minority
View Quote

Which is why the younger generation will shun them at some point.  Just like Facebook,  when grandma and creepy uncle Phil are tatted up, they won't be.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#28]
You know oddly enough I was up all night last night worried about just this very thing.

But that's most nights for me, I'm completely obsessed about skin doodles.

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I don't really care, but it's funny to see the Butterfly tramp stamp tattoo that some girl got during spring break in Panama City FL looking like a vulture when they are 50.
View Quote

How many of those have you actually seen?

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess pretty much none.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#30]
If you happy with the ink, enjoy it.

If you think it will look the same in 40years... Father time has other plans for you
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 9:13:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:02:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I could care less if someone wants to cover themselves in tats.   But the lady I was following yesterday, with a bumper sticker that read "I EAT ASS" piqued my interest.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#33]
we don't "worry" about it

we make fun of you

humor about other people foibles is awesome dontcha know
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Worry?  Nah.

Just pointing and laughing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#35]
As a pure skin, i worry about tattoo people's soul, as you are going to hell
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#36]
I carry a Sharpie with me so the bare spots can be filled in right away.

Just trying to help.

Kidding aside, I have zero tattoos but you do you.

Growing up, the people who had them were ex-military, 1% bikers, and ex-cons. Now, they're are probably nuns who have them.

I opted for work induced scars.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Lol, nobody spends sleepless nights thinking about it. It’s an off the cuff remark based on the general opinion of tattoos from a non-tattooed person. You can phrase it in a few ways, trashy, dumb, whatever, but ultimately it comes down to the fact that pureskins think tattoos are evidence of bad judgment.

Putting aside the likelihood that it will eventually look bad, or at least silly, like hot pants on a granny, people change things all the time. Hairstyles, manner of dress, jobs, hobbies, house decor, hell, even families. Non-tattooed think marking yourself permanently when tastes are only temporary is stupid. Even your original comment would be noted. “I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.” Yeah, they know it doesn’t. It’s a perfect example of why they think you have bad judgment.

Right or wrong, there’s your reason. As to why they say it at all, that’s what people do, make comments about things they don’t like even when it’s really none of their business.
View Quote

A downside risk of conspicuous consumption or affirmation seeking is being judged.  I’m sure people with awesome tattoos judge people with lame tattoos.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I mean I've got several tattoos and other then seeing pureskin folks worry about it.  It never enters my mind.

So I know we have a fair amount of pure skin folks here....why do you care about tattoos on aging skin?
View Quote

I guess that’s the rub.

The people without tattoos actually think ahead, think about the future, and therefore they don’t get tattoos.

Those with tattoos don’t.

There. Case closed.

Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I could care less if someone wants to cover themselves in tats.   But the lady I was following yesterday, with a bumper sticker that read "I EAT ASS" piqued my interest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't care if someone has tattoos, and as a graphic artist, I'll talk to people I see with good tattoos, as it's impressive how the artists can get blends and such detail with needles and ink.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#41]
People love to talk shit whenever they can.  They also love to make themselves feel better by belittling others.  Tattoos are just an easy target for most people.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I look at people with a bunch of tattoos the same way I look at people driving cars covered with stickers. You know the ones I’m talking about. Yes, the exact same way.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm a pure skin, but my brother has tats.  He has had to get his redone a couple times, but for the most part they are still clear.

If I ever get a tattoo...I am going to wait until I am 80 so it don't fade.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#44]
The part about it "never entering my mind" is what people are noticing.  Getting tats that will go out of style (Fauci ouchie tats anyone?) or on body parts that will sag with age are a sign of not planning ahead.  Tats that don't age well are like saying, "Hey!  I didn't plan ahead."
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Depending on where the tattoos are, won't most prison uniforms cover them?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
As a pure skin, i worry about tattoo people's soul, as you are going to hell
View Quote

That's only if you tattoo Leviticus 19:28 on yourself.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Not bothering with a girl with tattoos. I don't need a woman who wants a reminder of her ex on her body. Instant nope right there.

Never really needed to brand a lady I am dating either.  

But to each their own.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#49]
I really don't care. They look like trash regardless.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#50]
personally i don't care what you put on your body.. but.. i will say, ive always felt that people who cover their whole bodys or sleeves or entire leg tats are trying to hide something or make up for something.  i mean, i understand a tatt or two here and there of something poetic or to remember or commemorate something or someone!  but covering your whole body with a dragon lizard lady goat/tiger/bear/lion/etc..etc. with angel wings and devil horns or what have you..always gets me to thinking... hmm..what went wrong in their life!  its like you're trying to express some sort of feeling you have that you can't just honestly deal with on a personal level! so the tatt screams "HEY LOOK AT ME"!!  and face tatts.. man, don't even get me started!  sumfin wrong right off the bat!  i mean, i really, genuinely question when folks get all covered and tatted on the face..Do they really think this makes them look cool, or badass?  i have a friend who owns his own business and he absolutely will not hire anybody with a face tatt!!  but..to each their own, i have several friends that are tatted and honestly, when they come running up going hey man, check out my new tatt bruh..its badass aintit!???  my reply is always.. Cool story brah!!  anyways back to moisturizing my pure skin!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top