Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 6/29/2017 10:29:18 AM EDT
I am truly astonished everyday with how smart every atheist i encounter are. Ive compiled a few examples of these people here to show how smart they are.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:32:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad that they have a degree of modesty.  They can burn in hell with the Muslims.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
   I love humble people such as these    
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
#iamsoverysmrt
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Their attitude is similar to.. "Hey Mr. you look a little lost can I help or assist you since I live around here.. Hey kid F off! , leave me alone I'm fine , you must be a dumb ass for thinking I'm lost.

No sir I was just trying to help , I learned myself from asking the way around these streets so I thought I might try to help.. sorry Mr. Take care
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#7]
But here there's a bunch of religious verysmart autists, so it kind of balances out
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't post any of those. So I'm at least smarter than them. 

Except for the rockey scientist. Geologists are pretty smart. 

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#9]
If you were an atheist, you wouldn't have to ask.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#10]
with spelling errors. brilliant.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Can't all be winners.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their attitude is similar to.. "Hey Mr. you look a little lost can I help or assist you since I live around here.. Hey kid F off! , leave me alone I'm fine , you must be a dumb ass for thinking I'm lost.

No sir I was just trying to help , I learned my own way around these streets so I thought I might try to help.. sorry Mr. Take care
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, at least you're not using a big fat brush to malign all atheists because of a couple online asshats. 
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#15]
It seems like this is a common trait amongst ALL liberals.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#16]

In any group of people you get some ego maniac assholes with extremely high opinions of themselves.  That being said all of the polling I've seen seems to suggest on average atheists are more educated than highly religious people.  See the pew global website for polls.  

If someone is more educated than someone else they may or may not be more intelligent... But on average they probably are, although that doesn't mean their ideas are correct.  However, as an atheist I tend to think that the ideas of all religions, that I am familiar with, are erroneous.

Btw did I tell you I have a high iq?  

I've never met an atheist that said the type of shit that you posted.  

I have heard people say things like they can't understand how intelligent people could believe in nonsense (ie religions)
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#17]
We need another good neckbeard thread
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm not sure which is more pathetic, the screenshots or the fact that it bothers the OP enough to save and post them.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Evangelical atheism is/may-as-well-be a religion.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:41:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, many Dogmatic Atheists spend large amounts of time talking with other Dogmatic Atheists. Drowning themselves in mutual self congratulatory circle jerks.
Then venture out to "engage" easy targets of annoying Dogmatic Theists with bumper sticker slogans and meme posts.  Living in a self created bubble makes it easier to convince themselves and each other how smart and "woke" they all are.

The bigger question is WHY do these Dogmatic Atheist have such a pressing NEED to proclaim their self-awarded status as intellectual giants?

Most atheists are there just going day by day, like most everyone else. More than a little annoyed by the constant blather and "look at me!" antics.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh yes they're smart, but can they change a flat or grow vegetables?  Probably not.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#23]
My wife knew a guy like that in college.

Self proclaimed super smart atheist who knew more than everybody else. I never did figure out, though, why an atheist would go to a Catholic college to major in theology. Last I heard he was still working at Cracker Barrel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:45:48 AM EDT
[#24]
That second comment
How does that guy enjoy anything with such an unwilling suspension of disbelief?!
He basically Star Wars is fantasy...Thanks, I had no idea Sherlock.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:46:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Going by their diction and sentence structure, these persons, despite their lofty self-perception, are not quite so intelligent nor adaptive as they might believe.  Rather they are merely seeking justification (falsely so) for their antipathy towards their fellow man.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I couldn't get past the first sentence of the first one.

90th percentile in IQ is only 120.

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, many Dogmatic Atheists spend large amounts of time talking with other Dogmatic Atheists. Drowning themselves in mutual self congratulatory circle jerks.
Then venture out to "engage" easy targets of annoying Dogmatic Theists with bumper sticker slogans and meme posts.  Living in a self created bubble makes it easier to convince themselves and each other how smart and "woke" they all are.
View Quote
do you know why this post is funny?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

In any group of people you get some ego maniac assholes with extremely high opinions of themselves.  That being said all of the polling I've seen seems to suggest on average atheists are more educated than highly religious people.  See the pew global website for polls.  

If someone is more educated than someone else they may or may not be more intelligent... But on average they probably are, although that doesn't mean their ideas are correct.  However, as an atheist I tend to think that the ideas of all religions, that I am familiar with, are erroneous.

Btw did I tell you I have a high iq?  

I've never met an atheist that said the type of shit that you posted.  

I have heard people say things like they can't understand how intelligent people could believe in nonsense (ie religions)
View Quote
Some concepts, such as universal truth, are hard for some minds to integrate.  Ponder if you will entropy:order::evil:good with God=good.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Nothing like arrogance and having a terminal degree in fake knowledge....

A Human lifetime is very short how fast the time has gone so far.

Judgement day comes for us all sooner or later...

The good news is we have a savior in Jesus Christ were we to avail ourselves of His free gift...

In the end there are only two paths that end up at two very different doors.

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#31]
They are God in their own eyes
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
To the rest of us they're just fat kids in fedoras with hygiene problems. 

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The bigger question is WHY do these Dogmatic Atheist have such a pressing NEED to proclaim their self-awarded status as intellectual giants?
View Quote
It's because of a well deserved feeling of worthlessness.

More and more men are being made obsolete and extraneous in today's society.

Probably, there has always been a surplus.   The difference is that Now, the outcasts have a venue to be heard.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Because they are apes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:58:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
A lot of the times it's either science or "reason", as if humans are completely rational beings who only operate in logical ways.

I'm a firm believer that everyone has a God, whether it's wrapped around a value system, religion, themselves(in the case of many sociopaths/narcissists), or anything else, but something they nest the rest of their being around that guides their actions.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Surprised by the relative lack of singular "atheist" in this thread
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Because they are apes.
View Quote
Best summation of this thread.  Winner!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#39]
so being an atheist similar to being involved with cross fit....you have to tell everyone?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#40]
It's a way for them to tell themselves they are intelligent in a harmless and meaningless context because they are utterly unequipped to do so in other, more practical and demonstrable contexts.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:02:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Um, I'm an Atheist. I don't care what other people believe though. If believing in Christ makes you a better man, so be it. I personally believe in trying to be a good person. Not because I'm being "watched" or "judged", but because mean people and scumbags suck ass.

If there is an afterlife, I'll bring the jello shots, and bacon. If not, I will try to remain humble and try not to point out how right I was while we feed the worms.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#42]
I've seen His to do list.  you're not going to like it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

do you know why this post is funny?
View Quote

Yes..

I enjoy irony as much as the next guy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Evangelical atheism is/may-as-well-be a religion.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Atheist are like: "You are silly for believing what is written in a book by a bunch of dead men. . . things you have never seen and can't prove for yourself. Just to prove you wrong . . . here is a science book full of stuff written by a bunch of dead men that I have never seen and can't prove myself"
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#46]
I just want to know how much Mountain Dew it takes to get that "euphoric".

Because it sure isn't intelligence they're getting euphoric on. Maybe it's too much vaping...?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Atheist are like: "You are silly for believing what is written in a book by a bunch of dead men. . . things you have never seen and can't prove for yourself. Just to prove you wrong . . . here is a science book full of stuff written by a bunch of dead men that I have never seen and can't prove myself"
View Quote
And then they quote "The God Delusion", chapter and verse. lol
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Cherry picking
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Cherry picking (disambiguation).

Cherry picking can be found in many logical fallacies.
Cherry picking, suppressing evidence, or the fallacy of incomplete evidence is the act of pointing to individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position. It is a kind of fallacy of selective attention, the most common example of which is the confirmation bias.[1][2] Cherry picking may be committed intentionally or unintentionally. This fallacy is a major problem in public debate.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Rebuttal:

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A lot of the times it's either science or "reason", as if humans are completely rational beings who only operate in logical ways.
View Quote
Of the people I know who worship at the altar of science and reason, a very large percentage have liberal arts degrees. They're all "science and reason can answer and solve everything" to which my PhD chemist dad or sister would respond "I can't even figure out why this small experiment I'm running won't work right."

Also, just using straight cold logic is a terrible way to do anything. That's how people end up in box cars heading to Siberia.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top