Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
They sound like they are talking baby talk all the time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
yeah fuck New Yorkers

<--- Bostonian
View Quote
Yep.

<--- Bostonian too, defected to NH in my 30's
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I stopped visiting after Sandy tried to wipe it off the map. Seeing where the homes of childhood friends used to stand that were now vacant lots, my old neighborhood under martial law, and the look of hopelessness on peoples' faces as they tried to reclaim whatever they could from the ruins of their homes was the last straw for me.

Nothing there for me any more.
View Quote
My parents and a few good friends are still there.

On Sandy, it brought out the worst in a lot of people. I couldn't believe how many robbed and pillaged their neighbors in their time of crisis.

Not sure how old you are, but you may remember a smart man who warned many Long Islanders with a few simple signs in the early 90's. Those signs read: Get out before it's too late.

Lets see how many get that reference.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

New Yorkers'.

It's plural possessive.

View Quote
I'm talking about the one other poster, singular. 

Fucking annoying too. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not sure how old you are, but you may remember a smart man who warned many Long Islanders with a few simple signs in the early 90's. Those signs read: Get out before it's too late.

View Quote
OBI
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wah wah wah wah derp derp derp wah wah derp derp

I met two guys and I didn't like them

wah wah wah

Wash the sand out of your vagina
View Quote
But he's right. Just crossed the state line again. Goin to see the massholes in Plymouth . Where im from yo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OBI
View Quote
You, I had no doubts about knowing that.

I sure miss those days.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:04:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

On Sandy, it brought out the worst in a lot of people. I couldn't believe how many robbed and pillaged their neighbors in their time of crisis.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stopped visiting after Sandy tried to wipe it off the map. Seeing where the homes of childhood friends used to stand that were now vacant lots, my old neighborhood under martial law, and the look of hopelessness on peoples' faces as they tried to reclaim whatever they could from the ruins of their homes was the last straw for me.

Nothing there for me any more.

I remember seeing that truck driving around.

I know what you mean about the robberies. The National Guard had my old neighborhood under a dusk to dawn curfew to keep people from getting robbed. Humvees parked across the streets leading into my development, south of Montauk.

People would come up the canals behind the houses in boats and break in.

My neighbor diagonally across the street from me had his generator stolen out of his fenced back yard in the middle of the night. Thieves used to start up the homeowner's lawnmower and tie the deadman switch before shutting off the generator so the change in noise wasn't as noticeable.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#9]
"You call this Sicilian? This ain't no Sicilian. I'm from New York, I know what real Sicilian is!"

"Well sir, this is my father's recipe and he came here in the 60s with my Grandma, who barely speaks English. They're in the back right now making the sausage, would you like to chat with them?"

I damn near choked on my sandwich.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My neighbor diagonally across the street from me had his generator stolen out of his fenced back yard in the middle of the night. Thieves used to start up the homeowner's lawnmower and tie the deadman switch before shutting off the generator so the change in noise wasn't as noticeable.
View Quote
Yep, lots of generators got jacked.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So, I am at a rest area in New Jersey, real close to New York City and I ask someone for directions. She didn't know but two stereotypical New Yorkers did and they argued amongst themselves about the best way for me to get there and angrily shouted instructions at me...

And then it hit me. These guys were spending time and energy trying to help out a stranger. They were being as friendly as anyone in the South, but their mannerisms made it seem like they were being aggressive assholes. Since then I've always attributed asshole Yankee behavior to simple cultural misunderstandings... At least until I know they are being assholes on purpose and not being friendly in a way that makes me think they are being assholes. Usually it's them being friendly.
View Quote
Good observation. I grew up in the mid hudson valley of new york.  I loved the land and the weather there. It was beautiful. I lived in dutchess county amid apple orchards and dairy farms.  I got my first rifle when I was 8 and shot it frequently.  I fled to NC when I was 24 because the city metastasized north...the farms turned into tracts of mcmansions and the area was failing fast...and I was poor.  Upon arrival in NC I was instantly middle class and loved it.  I loved the fact cars don't rust out too!!!

I suppose I added a decade to my life moving south.  The pace of life was much slower and the people far less abrasive than up in yankee land...that being said I am a god damned yankee...I stayed!  But I don't regal people here on how we did it up there...fuck that!!!  Why do you think I left!  It is a mess...so much fail.

I love the South.  I hope it never changes...

Here in Asheville the local fucksticks are wanting to take down the Confederate memorials...cause reasons/feels/cultural marxism.  Screw that.  Judging great men of the past by libturd standards is retarded...and erasing the history and heritage is just evil.  Asheville is such a liberal hole I will probably flee west (in NC).  I feel like I have fled idiocy my entire life...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to provide IT support for two different companies with offices in numerous major US cities - NYC, LA, San Francisco, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago,  Miami, etc.  All the offices did the same job functions using the same systems.  For both companies it was exactly the same - the NYC office employees were far more likely to complain about trivial things,  could not read and comprehend simple emails, and could not follow simple instructions.  It was eye opening to support users all over the country for two companies with vastly different cultures and find the same thing to an extent that it became comical.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I remember seeing that truck driving around.

I know what you mean about the robberies. The National Guard had my old neighborhood under a dusk to dawn curfew to keep people from getting robbed. Humvees parked across the streets leading into my development, south of Montauk.

People would come up the canals behind the houses in boats and break in.

View Quote
Scum of the earth right there.

Then you have the wonderful:

Laura Branigan - Gloria [1982]

Gloria

I was about 10 or so when that rolled through.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:13:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Things had just gotten to the point where guns were being drawn in gas lines when they went to odd / even and the supply got straightened out.

If they had waited another few days there would have been blood in the streets.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn where's the like button.

I looked all over for a pic of those signs.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#17]
If you had to deal with the stench of the city (literally), the heat from all the masonry and asphalt, deal with crowds and subways,  and/or sit in a hour of traffic to move 3 miles. Not to mention your 400 sq/ft apartment is 1300 per mo., You would be a asshole too...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Scum of the earth right there.

Then you have the wonderful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Fk8drgZE

Gloria

I was about 10 or so when that rolled through.
View Quote
I'm a little older than you, so I was at work when that hit. Sweetheart company actually shut down and sent us all home at the height of the storm. Main problem for me was that where I was living was under mandatory evacuation, so I had no home to go to.

Took forever to make it back to Lindy around all the flooded roads, downed power lines and fallen trees. Ended up meeting my parents at my sister's house until their neighborhood got reopened.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:18:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are two places in America where you run into those people. I've found the people from NYC are number two ...
View Quote
Kali is #1 for that
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

You also. Loving life in my new state.
View Quote
Moved to orlando but now I live in texas. Its hot in fla, to damn hot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm a little older than you, so I was at work when that hit. Sweetheart company actually shut down and sent us all home at the height of the storm. Main problem for me was that where I was living was under mandatory evacuation, so I had no home to go to.

Took forever to make it back to Lindy around all the flooded roads, downed power lines and fallen trees. Ended up meeting my parents at my sister's house until their neighborhood got reopened.
View Quote
It was bad. No electricty for a week. FU LILCO. for more reasons than that. We wouldn't have had water if it were not for a neighbor with a well.

Anyways, the last time I was back home was in 2014. Damn near everything is changed and I don't recognize it any more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:28:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
LOL. Neither can you apparently.
People telling you they don't want you shouting at them while looking like you want to kill them and you're saying they need to get over it? Hahaha, what makes your feelings more special? Maybe try taking it down a notch or two.  Fuckin New Yorkers.  
View Quote
The fuckin thing is....dont look like that, aint fuckin yellin! Thes people are used to bullshit soft ass fuckin ways.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So what you're saying is even them being friendly is what most everyone else considers being an asshole? 

I guess that answers OPs question. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, I am at a rest area in New Jersey, real close to New York City and I ask someone for directions. She didn't know but two stereotypical New Yorkers did and they argued amongst themselves about the best way for me to get there and angrily shouted instructions at me...

And then it hit me. These guys were spending time and energy trying to help out a stranger. They were being as friendly as anyone in the South, but their mannerisms made it seem like they were being aggressive assholes. Since then I've always attributed asshole Yankee behavior to simple cultural misunderstandings... At least until I know they are being assholes on purpose and not being friendly in a way that makes me think they are being assholes. Usually it's them being friendly.
So what you're saying is even them being friendly is what most everyone else considers being an asshole? 

I guess that answers OPs question. 

I lost hard.

Look guys I deal with assholes from everywhere, but I've never heard anyone else go out of their way to tell me where they're from in the middle while being so arrogantly ignorant.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:31:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
It was bad. No electricty for a week. FU LILCO. for more reasons than that. We wouldn't have had water if it were not for a neighbor with a well.
Anyways, the last time I was back home was in 2014. Damn near everything is changed and I don't recognize it any more.
View Quote
LILCO
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:32:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The fuckin thing is....dont look like that, aint fuckin yellin! Thes people are used to bullshit soft ass fuckin ways.
View Quote
Are you sure though? Because you do seem wound a little tight... 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:32:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Another guy who doesn't list his home state
View Quote
It's fucking NY.  I'm just so embarrassed by the fuck heads that live downstate, that I refuse to list it.  My family still owns the land up here that was deeded to my direct forefather for fighting in the revolutionary war.  Always thought I'd be buried in the same cemetery as him, but now I'm so sick of NYS fucking me in the ass that I can't wait to get the fuck out of here.  I sincerely hope enough people leave to destabilize the state economy and crash the fucking state pension system.

There.  Now what?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I mean you sure don't sound very cultured/educated.
I'd be interested in seeing who you're so confident that your smarter than. 
View Quote
"Normale texans" I talk to and deal with everyday. So go play in traffic! They dont have a fuckin clue...these people leave me thinkin are you kiddin me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"You call this Sicilian? This ain't no Sicilian. I'm from New York, I know what real Sicilian is!"

"Well sir, this is my father's recipe and he came here in the 60s with my Grandma, who barely speaks English. They're in the back right now making the sausage, would you like to chat with them?"

I damn near choked on my sandwich.
View Quote
 Pizza in NY was fantastic. NYC is a port, so Italian tomatoes in cans, Italian olive oil, semolina flour, cheese...

A family from Brooklyn moved here and opened a pizza place.  I tried it and it is good...I thanked them for opening their restaurant and am glad they are here in NC.

I miss the pizza and bagels and Greek diners.  But not enough to ever return. ever.

But I will say this...I am a pizza snob.  And I remember fist fights over who's was best up in NY...One of my best friends worked in a pizza place and I used to play cards with the owner while I waited for my friend to get off.  My favorite place closed when I was a teenager but before they did I learned the recipe of their sauce and helped make it!

The only vestige of NY left in me is my insatiable desire for excellent pizza.

Your story is hilarious because the degree of fanaticism associated with the style of pizza which is best is very NY...as well as Chicago.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hell yeah. I don't know what it is about being from NYC that people consider to be an accomplishment. One of my favorite videos on youtube is of this dude from NYC (so he said) having his ass beat by a regular old guy from AZ. How could the AZ guy have done that, knowing that this man was from NYC? Actually, it's basically all of NYC, the entire state of NJ, people from Philadelphia, Chicago and Detroit too, who all think that their origin makes them more intellectually and physically powerful than people from other locations. You never hear about people from LA or any other West coast cities pulling that crap, so it must be an East of the Rockies deal.
View Quote
I am all but convinced that the guy in that video was a short timer we hired a few years ago. Looks/talks exactly like him and was also from NY (a fact he reminded people of every 30 seconds or so.
He also had a wee bit of a heroin problem, that is why we canned his ass.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And I remember fist fights over who's was best up in NY...
View Quote
Sal's.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Moved to orlando but now I live in texas. Its hot in fla, to damn hot.
View Quote
Better than Missouri. I have 0 complaints about the weather so far. I have some health issues and the rapid constant changes in weather were killing me. I come down to FL to visit a buddy and my issues lessen, so I decided to more here. My issues still like to make their presence known.

FL has some great benefits for vets as well. Went down to the tax office today to inquire about the homestead act  and a slight decrease in property tax for being a disabled vet. Clerk looks at my paperwork and then shows it to her manager and comes back and says: You fall into this category and will no longer pay property tax.

I'm loving this state even more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you had to deal with the stench of the city (literally), the heat from all the masonry and asphalt, deal with crowds and subways,  and/or sit in a hour of traffic to move 3 miles. Not to mention your 400 sq/ft apartment is 1300 per mo., You would be a asshole too...
View Quote
I remember the stench of urine...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

"Normale texans" I talk to and deal with everyday. So go play in traffic! They dont have a fuckin clue...these people leave me thinkin are you kiddin me.
View Quote
Like what though? I haven't spent a lot of time in Texas. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:38:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LILCO
View Quote
A name you probably forgot about and have not heard in 10+ years.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pizza in NY was IS fantastic. NYC is a port, so Italian tomatoes in cans, Italian olive oil, semolina flour, cheese...

I miss the pizza and bagels and Greek diners.  But not enough to ever return. ever.

But I will say this...I am a pizza snob.  And I remember fist fights over who's was best up in NY...

View Quote
FIFY

And yes, yes, and yes.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thats funny...dont live in N.Y anymore. I live in texass now and these fucks are STUCK ON STUPID. You must have thin skin and they must of told your ass how the fuck it is.

Thats usually how it is....Im so sick of fuckin people catchin feelings, fucks sayin "I talk to loud/ mean/look like I want to kill somebody/rude" Gettin fuckin over it...most cant handle the blunt truth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've had to work with a couple of guys from NYC on separate projects.  Both were the dumbest people I've met in the industry.  But they are both good at reminding you they came from NYC and try to explain how things are done there.

You guys are 0 for 2.  I'm not saying NYC is full of assholes, but NYC is full of assholes

Thats funny...dont live in N.Y anymore. I live in texass now and these fucks are STUCK ON STUPID. You must have thin skin and they must of told your ass how the fuck it is.

Thats usually how it is....Im so sick of fuckin people catchin feelings, fucks sayin "I talk to loud/ mean/look like I want to kill somebody/rude" Gettin fuckin over it...most cant handle the blunt truth.
LOL

Okay boss.

Nobody has been tellin anybody off. I've just dealt with genuinely ignorant people that swoon at their own arrogance. One of them should know better but tried telling a customer my product wasn't as good because it was 304SS vs the competition's 430SS.

The other one I've had to spend hours helping him figure out simple math while he treats me like I'm the idiot.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sal's.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And I remember fist fights over who's was best up in NY...
Sal's.

Mikes' in PK (circa 1975).  But in Brooklyn I saw a $7.50 extra large extra cheese that had to be tilted to fit through my friends door. It covered the top of his full size stove.

Circa 1984. I never lived in NYC but a few of my friends moved there.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LILCO
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are you sure though? Because you do seem wound a little tight... 
View Quote
Yeah...maybe you right.
But its funny...the people that take time to know me have a different perspective about me. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Im loyal as fuck...give the shirt off my back to help ya. Just dont fuck me over. Cant let shit go, dont bullshit me. Hate phony people.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:48:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
FIFY

And yes, yes, and yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pizza in NY was IS fantastic. NYC is a port, so Italian tomatoes in cans, Italian olive oil, semolina flour, cheese...

But I will say this...I am a pizza snob.  And I remember fist fights over who's was best up in NY...

FIFY

And yes, yes, and yes.
I used the past tense because I USED to live there. I am certain it is still epic!!!

But just try to get decent sweet tea or biscuits and gravy....
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#43]
That gif is inaccurate...it should not say airport, it should say UFO.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:51:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Better than Missouri. I have 0 complaints about the weather so far. I have some health issues and the rapid constant changes in weather were killing me. I come down to FL to visit a buddy and my issues lessen, so I decided to more here. My issues still like to make their presence known.

FL has some great benefits for vets as well. Went down to the tax office today to inquire about the homestead act  and a slight decrease in property tax for being a disabled vet. Clerk looks at my paperwork and then shows it to her manager and comes back and says: You fall into this category and will no longer pay property tax.

I'm loving this state even more.
View Quote
Thanks for servin...GOD BLESS YA!
Hope it all works out for ya...take care of your self.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I used the past tense because I USED to live there. I am certain it is still epic!!!

But just try to get decent sweet tea or biscuits and gravy....
View Quote
Check. Hell down here you have to watch yourself. You order a Greek salad and they put potato salad in it. FTW is this crap.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LOL

Okay boss.

Nobody has been tellin anybody off. I've just dealt with genuinely ignorant people that swoon at their own arrogance. One of them should know better but tried telling a customer my product wasn't as good because it was 304SS vs the competition's 430SS.

The other one I've had to spend hours helping him figure out simple math while he treats me like I'm the idiot.
View Quote
Aint your boss...didnt say shit about anything like that. Didnt say you didnt know your job...
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:57:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Haha...no shit!
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thanks for servin...GOD BLESS YA!
Hope it all works out for ya...take care of your self.
View Quote
It's something my family is proud of doing, so I followed suit.

Have been here a few days shy of 2 months. I couldn't have asked for a better place to live. Far enough away from all the major traffic etc.., but still close enough to town that it's convenient.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Check. Hell down here you have to watch yourself. You order a Greek salad and they put potato salad in it. FTW is this crap.
View Quote
Shit...you should see what these texans call food.

At least they have BOARS HEAD COLD CUTS!
They got them in fla also...they sell it in publix.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top