Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2022 12:07:31 PM EDT
All you young whipper snappers get out of that 9 to 5 and stake a claim
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All you young whipper snappers get out of that 9 to 5 and stake a claim
View Quote

this dude owns all the available tracts worth mining.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

He can't own them all .

There's got to be claims you can still make money .
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been looking for a nice glory hole...
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Spend a couple December weeks in Fairbanks Alaska, cold testing for GM.

Screw that...
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:17:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

He can't own them all .

There's got to be claims you can still make money .
View Quote

from what i understand, all plots are owned by somebody. the impression i get is you buy or lease tracts from owners and hope you can make a profit. placer mining is what you are talking about, not hard rock and almost all placer mining is being done in places where the really good nuggets were found in the last 200 years.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Spend a couple December weeks in Fairbanks Alaska, cold testing for GM.

Screw that...
View Quote

They don't mine then .

Summers are mild
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:18:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I am sitting on a very active claim as I type this. We are doing WELL.  There are claims all around this area.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:18:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Empty your inbox
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:19:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sure there is a market for heavy eq operators and mechanics.
If you actually wanna go up there and make some money you better have millions in equipment geo studies and land.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:20:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Watch some of the shows. It would seem to be far more difficult than you think. It takes time to negotiate land leases and that doesn't mean your permits go through. This doesn't account for equipment and machinery, lodging, food, fuel, etc. Tons of startup costs. Sure, you could get investors, but who's likely to give a shit-ton of capital to "All you young whipper snappers"?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Also all the water rights and permits fuck over a lot of good intentions
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I am sitting on a very active claim as I type this. We are doing WELL.  There are claims all around this area.
View Quote

Come on man.. let's here some stories.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably make more money importing talent and create an entertainment based establishment or 2.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

from what i understand, all plots are owned by somebody. the impression i get is you buy or lease tracts from owners and hope you can make a profit. placer mining is what you are talking about, not hard rock and almost all placer mining is being done in places where the really good nuggets were found in the last 200 years.
View Quote

Really didn't know that.

I thought you could still find sections worth mining that you could stake a claim that is not privately owned .

Might be hard to get any type of heavy equipment in but you could still access it with portable small sluices .

You're not going to make millions but gold at 2k an ounce ? maybe you can have a good 6 months  

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:23:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

do you have a giant bulldozer?
the impression i get is you need a giant bulldozer.

eta.. seems like the biz you really wanna be in is hiring out as a biz drilling potential sites to determine gold content and depth. like everything in the gold biz, you wanna sell to the miners, not be one.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#18]
A gold vein in west GA runs through my place, I've been meaning to buy a pan to play in the creek with. Maybe a metal detector later if I find any flakes.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't take anything to Alaska you aren't willing to leave behind.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Its hard work and Im kinda lazy.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Watch some of the shows. It would seem to be far more difficult than you think. It takes time to negotiate land leases and that doesn't mean your permits go through. This doesn't account for equipment and machinery, lodging, food, fuel, etc. Tons of startup costs. Sure, you could get investors, but who's likely to give a shit-ton of capital to "All you young whipper snappers"?
View Quote

Gold rush is a pretty interesting series. You can see the rookie crews from the lower 48 going up there getting wrecked season after season only continuing because they are on discovery channel and the kid that was out there mining as soon as he was out of his diaper who still got screwed by permits and competition.

I imagine there are actually some more mineral rich areas but your options for extraction will rely on what can fit in a bush plane since you probably won't be able to build a road.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's cool
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

eta.. seems like the biz you really wanna be in is hiring out as a biz drilling potential sites to determine gold content and depth. like everything in the gold biz, you wanna sell to the miners, not be one.
View Quote

Yeah we have a nice Cat.  Couple bucket loaders, a few muckers, several slushers, many jacklegs, 200 class excavator, 450 class excavator...list goes on.  If one of you have tools and some serious heavy equipment mechanic experience I can get you up here in a flash.  Had to fire our once upon a time best mechanic just a couple weeks ago.  Got hooked on some nasty shit that turned him catatonic.  Flights, lodging, meals included.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:28:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Was stuck with the Hoffmans in Nome in September/October… no thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I am not from Saginaw and don't know any fishermen's daughters.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those are easy to find...
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Americans can't just show up in Canada and go to work. Gold claims are expensive, cheap claims are a false economy. Gas in Dawson is probably $15.00 a gallon today, groceries equally$$. But the Klondike gold fields are some of the best in the world. South of there, around Atlin B.C. there is good gold, but with the same associated costs.
When I was a kid; growing up there it was always said you could make wages pretty much anywhere. A pick and shovel type of claim. You could put food on the table. Backbreaking work though.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:the impression i get is you need a giant bulldozer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There are plenty of places you can pan, just by the edge of a creek (I don't know the legal portions of this, though)

Quoted:A gold vein in west GA runs through my place, I've been meaning to buy a pan to play in the creek with. Maybe a metal detector later if I find any flakes.

Some interesting history for you

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/pPCx8Ch/16107504-10155240935073455-8360985278496829445-o.jpg
View Quote

I'm sure everyone will never mind leaving behind poo, just like your dog in that picture
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#30]
If I weren't married and didn't have a business I'd try to get a heavy equipment operator job up there.  I've watched the shows and could 100% run circles around most of the operators they had.  I'd do it for a retirement gig but I think my wife might take issue with that  .

How that Tony Beets guy hasn't been disappeared by someone after all these years of being an asshole is beyond me.  Everytime he'd come on the show I was hoping someone would break his jaw.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If I weren't married and didn't have a business I'd try to get a heavy equipment operator job up there.  I've watched the shows and could 100% run circles around most of the operators they had.  I'd do it for a retirement gig but I think my wife might take issue with that  .

How that Tony Beets guy hasn't been disappeared by someone after all these years of being an asshole is beyond me.  Everytime he'd come on the show I was hoping someone would break his jaw.
View Quote

I watch the show and he seems to spend money like water with all his projects that seem to never work out
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Because I don't know shit about mining and can make more doing what I currently do?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm sure there is a market for heavy eq operators and mechanics.
If you actually wanna go up there and make some money you better have millions in equipment geo studies and land.
View Quote
Oooor a bulletproof contract with A&E, History, or Discovery.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

ENHANCE

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Did Canuckistan remove the vax mandate to enter the country?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Hoffmans/Jason’s big wash plant, they had other smaller ones.

Attachment Attached File

See how fake the shows are.

Attachment Attached File

Nodwell that Todd paid $100k for and blew up first day.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:44:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

There are plenty of places you can pan, just by the edge of a creek (I don't know the legal portions of this, though)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:A gold vein in west GA runs through my place, I've been meaning to buy a pan to play in the creek with. Maybe a metal detector later if I find any flakes.

I'm near a town named for the wealth that gold brought to the area, Villa Rica - "City of Riches". There is a gold mining museum there now, when I was a kid I went in one mine but they are all closed off now. The mining in my area predates the larger rush in Dahlonega, GA - the saying, "There's gold in them thar hills" originated here after more gold was discovered in North GA. Actually the discovery of gold well into the Cherokee nation was one of the reasons the Indians were driven off their land.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#39]
  I've been.  Underground Mined for a company .
  Drill load blast.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#40]
I am a third owner of a active claim up there.  It's easier to be in the Army, so I do that instead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah we have a nice Cat.  Couple bucket loaders, a few muckers, several slushers, many jacklegs, 200 class excavator, 450 class excavator...list goes on.  If one of you have tools and some serious heavy equipment mechanic experience I can get you up here in a flash.  Had to fire our once upon a time best mechanic just a couple weeks ago.  Got hooked on some nasty shit that turned him catatonic.  Flights, lodging, meals included.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jackleg savage checking in.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Try a truck stop stall
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

It would be a blast as a hobby.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I was offered a job as a prospector in Yukon and northern BC. I really wanted to do it but didn't think it was fair to have three children and never be home.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Reality TV isn't reality. Say it ain't so
View Quote

The producers are straight cunts, most of them came off wicked tuna to do Hoffman Family Gold
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Jackleg savage checking in.
View Quote

Where did you mine?  Looking to get back in?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#48]
a) its cold
b) I watched the shows and apparently you have to do nothing but get into arguments and have a life full of day time soap opera drama

..nope.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A gold vein in west GA runs through my place, I've been meaning to buy a pan to play in the creek with. Maybe a metal detector later if I find any flakes.
View Quote
I was on a hunting lease years ago on what is now Chattahoochee Bend state park. I panned some in a creek that ran through and found a few flakes, nothing major. We used to find more arrowheads than anything else.

Link Posted: 3/10/2022 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#50]

God that cold weather to squat outside.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top