BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My grandma had few gold mines.
Mostly placer stuff.

Quite a few other relatives had mines also.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 7:54:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't take anything to Alaska you aren't willing to leave behind.

https://i.ibb.co/pPCx8Ch/16107504-10155240935073455-8360985278496829445-o.jpg
View Quote

I'm sure that poor dog will miss you when you're gone.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All you need is a pan. If you could find one ounce a week your earning $2000. .....just one ounce.

ETA; You can also do the same in Dahlonega, Georgia
View Quote

GW25 Spiral Concentrator Demo Part 2
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pogo up there.   Stillwater, Ted Snyder, Getchel , Turquoise Ridge, etc.  

On the injured list from ground fall .  And then a bad hernia operation .

You have a sand plant or fill method for slusher stope ?

I really used to like my own jackleg heading .
 See a boss once a day maybe.  And hurry them away cause I've got shit to do.
View Quote

@smashedminer No filling our stopes.  All of our tails get hauled offsite.  I keep trying to get a batch plant here to turn them into something profitable rather than just filling a pit, but that idea comes next to last on our list of developments at this point.  I work with a couple guys that came from Pogo.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I read once that the industry wide COST of mining an ounce of Gold is just about the same as the SPOT PRICE of Gold at any given moment in time.  

Not a whole lot of actual profit to be made in Gold mining unless you are doing so on a massive industrial scale. Even then, there is much more profit potential in mining Copper (cost to mine per ton -v- price per ton at market).

but everybody who mines for Gold thinks they’re smarter than the other guys

View Quote

Definitely not the case here.  Our overhead is pretty tall, but the profit is well beyond.  As stated earlier, the head grade means a lot.  I run a 6tph mill and the gold values in the rock are pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What in the holy hell are you talking about? I strongly encourage you to do more research before popping off about things you don't yet understand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every claimable land spot in the US has been claimed.  There are no more open claims, haven’t been for decades.

What in the holy hell are you talking about? I strongly encourage you to do more research before popping off about things you don't yet understand.

Huh.  It appears you are right--I don't understand it well.  My interpretation from the GPOA literature I used to get was apparently all fuckered up, and enhanced by some Good Old Boy warnings from other amateur gold panners.

I edited my post to refrain from showing my ass too much.

Thanks for the correction!
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Definitely not the case here.  Our overhead is pretty tall, but the profit is well beyond.  As stated earlier, the head grade means a lot.  I run a 6tph mill and the gold values in the rock are pretty impressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I read once that the industry wide COST of mining an ounce of Gold is just about the same as the SPOT PRICE of Gold at any given moment in time.  

Not a whole lot of actual profit to be made in Gold mining unless you are doing so on a massive industrial scale. Even then, there is much more profit potential in mining Copper (cost to mine per ton -v- price per ton at market).

but everybody who mines for Gold thinks they’re smarter than the other guys

Key is dilution.  If miners will wash the face and 6 ft of the back to see if the vein is turned helps keep on track.  You can see the vein turning.  
Slusher bucket width if needed.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh, it's only 2k an ounce, cheaper to just buy it...

Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@smashedminer No filling our stopes.  All of our tails get hauled offsite.  I keep trying to get a batch plant here to turn them into something profitable rather than just filling a pit, but that idea comes next to last on our list of developments at this point.  I work with a couple guys that came from Pogo.
View Quote

Could be worse, could have guys from Kensington who are “harmonized”… Jerry Harmon is a nut to work for.

Now that Sumitomo is off Pogo, and the Australians own it, maybe they’ll make the proper choice of kicking ESS out and having a decent camp. Pogo has lost a lot of people over the overcrowding and penny pinching. They even wanted to buy a bar in salcha just to get the liqor license and put a bar on the other side of the Goodpaster bridge just before lower camp. What a shitshow that would be
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am sitting on a very active claim as I type this. We are doing WELL.  There are claims all around this area.
View Quote

Standing by for pics of gold!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 3:13:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was stuck with the Hoffmans in Nome in September/October… no thanks
View Quote

Tell us more . . .
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tell us more . . .
View Quote

Support for the discovery channel production/film crew. Had to deal with Todd a fair bit, Jack talked my ear off a few times but he’s a hoot. Thurber is a but full of himself, but does a lot for veterans with his hunting/fishing guide gig. Randy the mechanic is by far my favorite person to talk to, we worked a lot together day-to-day. Drank with Hunter (Todd’s son) a few times, he had a back injury and didn’t work much on the site, only when they wanted to film him.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Standing by for pics of gold!
View Quote

We had a little family day last year and poured this 100oz bar just to pass around to all the visitors. Normally we don't pour them this big due to shipping insurance rate caps.

ETA @9mmmac
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Could be worse, could have guys from Kensington who are “harmonized”… Jerry Harmon is a nut to work for.

Now that Sumitomo is off Pogo, and the Australians own it, maybe they’ll make the proper choice of kicking ESS out and having a decent camp. Pogo has lost a lot of people over the overcrowding and penny pinching. They even wanted to buy a bar in salcha just to get the liqor license and put a bar on the other side of the Goodpaster bridge just before lower camp. What a shitshow that would be
View Quote

We have a couple guys here from Kensington and a couple from Pogo. There are definitely stories!
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Are you only development jumbo drifts ?

Or do you have wide enough veins for Jumbo ?  Good if so.  Otherwise jackleg for minimum dilution.

I miss it. The race to the face. Day goes by fast on contract getting a cycle and all else you can get done.  
      Your not peewee by chance.  

View Quote

Our development is generally no larger than 10'x10'. The veins tend to swell out with depth, but the ore zone is typically 4-8' wide.

Jumbos haven't done well in this district, particularly electric/hydraulic machines. They're too expensive and technically intensive for a small operation to keep running. We do have a Gardner Denver Universal Jumbo module bolted to a Young Buggy frame, but it blew up its air motor and hydraulic pump after losing a hammer and has been parked awaiting repairs for a year.

A modified air track (GD 3100A) has been the only larger drill to survive mining down here for long. The guys swear by 83s.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Why?

When It''s Spring Time In Alaska (It''s Forty Below)
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Our development is generally no larger than 10'x10'. The veins tend to swell out with depth, but the ore zone is typically 4-8' wide.

Jumbos haven't done well in this district, particularly electric/hydraulic machines. They're too expensive and technically intensive for a small operation to keep running. We do have a Gardner Denver Universal Jumbo module bolted to a Young Buggy frame, but it blew up its air motor and hydraulic pump after losing a hammer and has been parked awaiting repairs for a year.

A modified air track (GD 3100A) has been the only larger drill to survive mining down here for long. The guys swear by 83s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you only development jumbo drifts ?

Or do you have wide enough veins for Jumbo ?  Good if so.  Otherwise jackleg for minimum dilution.

I miss it. The race to the face. Day goes by fast on contract getting a cycle and all else you can get done.  
      Your not peewee by chance.  

You split shoot the narrow vein ?
10x10 not bad for j-leg heading.  Decent ground and retractable leg go for 8 ft rounds

Lots of memories I have with my oldest Pardner . 2 -3 headings with a third guy or gal mucking and nipping.  

One girl we had with us was a great hand.  
 Full steam ahead every shift all shift.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top