Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cure is all about the benjamins,.,,
View Quote

Took a few, but methinks that this is the correct answer.

HIV/AIDS is a PHENOMINALLY lucrative disease as far as medical and pharma goes.

Unless you've got some pretty significant assets, in which case, you can just have the cure.

Cure wasn't around when Freddie got the HIV, but it *WAS* when Magic caught it. I even read somewhere it was said that Magic wasn't just in remission, he was completely cured.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Because there is no justice...
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I wonder what happened to all the women Johnson fucked after he was diagnosed with HIV?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:05:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:13:58 AM EDT
[#5]
When someone says "greatest basketball player of all time" my brain hears it as "valedictorian of special ed".

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why wouldn't He punish Magic Johnson for being an adulterer?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
God punished Freddie for being gay.

You think that Johnson got HIV from heterosexual activity?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Remember when AIDS was called GRIDS and HIV was HTLV-3?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:16:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Depends how deep it was deposited

Freddy was a size queen
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:17:50 AM EDT
[#9]
It is unbelievable that they have made such progress treating that disease.  I read if caught early it does not even affect life expectancy anymore.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:18:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I would like to Keep Freddie and give the Devil that Scum Magic Johnson.

Everytime that Idiot opens his Mouth--
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys who keep saying that Magic got HIV via hetersexual intercourse are just kidding, right?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The virus needs certain enzymes to replicate. Treatments beginning in 1995 began to block several of those enzymes. Magic was treated by the Dr that pioneered this. IIRC, this treater was Time's man of the year.

Freddy was in an earlier cohort of patients before this technology was available. The initial therapies were defeated by subtle mutations of the virus.

Companies and researchers in the field are pursuing a cure. Several patients have been cured with bone marrow transplants from donors that lack certain cell receptors. The therapies now are leaps and bounds beyond initial AZT only therapy.

Gay, straight, rich, or poor, there are programs and treatments available. In 30 years, pharma has turned a death sentence into a chronic, manageable condition where life expectancies are only modestly different from the uninflected for people that receive treatment and take good care of themselves.

View Quote

Thank you for the explanation, I learned something this morning.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Magic was tested early when he contracted HIV, which can lead to AIDS. Freddy wasn't tested at all (or tested too late) and developed full-blown AIDS.

AIDS is the death sentence, not HIV.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This. ^^^
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. ^^^

Freddie had plenty of benjamins.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys who keep saying that Magic got HIV via hetersexual intercourse are just kidding, right?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:25:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. ^^^

And Ralph's and Bruce's, and Billy's, and rockos, and Gary's
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:26:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone who calls Justin Beeber gay is directly insulting Freddie. Think about that for a second!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#18]
The pressure was pushing down on Freddie to much
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Is HIV/AIDS God's punishment for being gay sex?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly go look up the odds for a male catching it from a single encounter with an infected woman.  Probably much higher if he had an open lesion?  Maybe he had an open lesion??  But it's freaking low to catch from single exposure one time hit.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote

Magic was a playah. God loves playahs...

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:28:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Exactly go look up the odds for a male catching it from a single encounter with an infected woman.  Probably much higher if he had an open lesion?  Maybe he had an open lesion??  But it's freaking low to catch from single exposure one time hit.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Majic was on the "Down Low"
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mmm...Freddie was from India.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
RACISM!

AIDS hates white people.

But was he Indian?  I think I remember something about tons of British people vacationing in India in the 19th and 20th centuries, but I could be wrong about that.

ETA: Hah!  I just looked it up and learned something.  Thanks, pale_pony, for providing me with my fun fact of the day.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:30:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Maybe magic was the pitcher, and Freddy was the catcher?

And Greg Brady is patient zero?

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:30:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

But was he Indian?  I think I remember something about tons of British people vacationing in India in the 19th and 20th centuries, but I could be wrong about that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RACISM!

AIDS hates white people.

Algeria you goons
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:31:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fourth post nails it. If Freddie Mercury (pbuh) had contracted HIV 5 years later, we'd all be talking about how good Queen used to be, and how they really should just hang it up.

Magic Johnson was diagnosed with HIV very early in the disease, and after Freddie Mercury had died.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

I have a family member that has lived with HIV for about as long as Magic has. You would never in a million years think she is HIV+.

HIV is still incurable but is now manageable to the point where a pretty much normal life expectancy can be achieved.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:32:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Algeria you goons
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
RACISM!

AIDS hates white people.

Algeria you goons

Tanzania, according to the all-knowing Wikipedia. However, his parents were indeed both Indian.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't remember that. Not saying it's not true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't remember that. Not saying it's not true.

Back in my army days, it was HTLV-3 we were educated about.  I believe that was the technical name of the HIV.

TXL
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/NovaReon/notsureifserious.jpg

I do not know your age, but there were a lot of questions about Magic's "story" and the policital influences surrounding HIV and AIDS when he announced his contraction of the disease.  There are many articles about it from back in the early 1990s.   Here is a sample:

While no one doubts Johnson’s word that he has slept with many people, there have been rumors for years that he, as Woody Allen would put it, has twice the chance of having a date on Saturday night. The prevalence of the rumor is such that residents of Florida’s homosexual enclave on Key West have been spotted wearing T-shirts saying, "I love basketball; I had a Magic Johnson."

Will Johnson be "outed"? Eventually, probably yes, but quite possibly, like Malcolm Forbes, only posthumously. For one, while some homosexuals, such as tennis professional Martina Navratilova, are seething at the attention Johnson has received as a supposed heterosexual, and while it could be argued that it would be good for the cause of homosexual acceptance to establish that a beloved sports hero is "one of us," the better argument is that Johnson at present is far more useful in getting heterosexuals on the AIDS bandwagon. Any individual who tries to come forward is likely to be ignored by the media. The tabloids have already staked out their position that Johnson was incredibly promiscuous but strictly heterosexual, just as prior to Forbes’s death they had him ever on the verge of marriage to Liz Taylor.

More here:  http://fumento.com/aids/specmagic.html
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Magic Johnson is proof that if you have enough money to go with the HIV, the womens will still fuck you.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:45:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

I have a family member that has lived with HIV for about as long as Magic has. You would never in a million years think she is HIV+.

HIV is still incurable but is now manageable to the point where a pretty much normal life expectancy can be achieved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

Hepatitis C kills more people in the USA that HIV/AIDS. Yet, it receives only a fraction of the health research funding.

The Gay Mafia won the war on forcing medical research dollars to be spent on a disease that only affects a small minority of the population while disease that have higher morbidity and mortality go wanting funding.

Gays now get cash, housing assistance, etc from taxpayers just for being HIV positive.

Hepatitis C Now Kills More Americans Than HIV

More Americans now die of hepatitis C than from HIV, the AIDS-causing virus, according to 1999-2007 data reviewed by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/02/20/hepatitis-c-now-kills-more-americans-than-hiv

In addition to the amounts in the table above for AIDS research, another $15.6 Billion is budgeted for housing, care and cash assistance to AIDS patients, and only $1 Billion for prevention. Separate from that, the US has committed to spending $50 Billion on global AIDS. From 1981 to 2005 our country had spent $170 Billion on AIDS and has continued spending $20 Billion + per year since then, including $24 billion+ in the 2009, 2010 and 2011 budgets. Taking into consideration those expenditures, plus the $50 billion  budgeted for Global HIV/AIDS and the total AIDS expenditures are greater than one-third of a Trillion dollars.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:53:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Remember when it was called the homosexual butt buddy and pole chewing disease?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:55:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I remember last week on arfcom
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Sickle Cells fight AIDS.

I'm calling the patent office now!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#37]
The death of Freddie Mercury.

This is a very sad read.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I do not know your age, but there were a lot of questions about Magic's "story" and the policital influences surrounding HIV and AIDS when he announced his contraction of the disease.  There are many articles about it from back in the early 1990s.   Here is a sample:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/NovaReon/notsureifserious.jpg

While no one doubts Johnson’s word that he has slept with many people, there have been rumors for years that he, as Woody Allen would put it, has twice the chance of having a date on Saturday night. The prevalence of the rumor is such that residents of Florida’s homosexual enclave on Key West have been spotted wearing T-shirts saying, "I love basketball; I had a Magic Johnson."

Will Johnson be "outed"? Eventually, probably yes, but quite possibly, like Malcolm Forbes, only posthumously. For one, while some homosexuals, such as tennis professional Martina Navratilova, are seething at the attention Johnson has received as a supposed heterosexual, and while it could be argued that it would be good for the cause of homosexual acceptance to establish that a beloved sports hero is "one of us," the better argument is that Johnson at present is far more useful in getting heterosexuals on the AIDS bandwagon. Any individual who tries to come forward is likely to be ignored by the media. The tabloids have already staked out their position that Johnson was incredibly promiscuous but strictly heterosexual, just as prior to Forbes’s death they had him ever on the verge of marriage to Liz Taylor.

I'll be darned.

I had always heard it was from hetero encounters.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:59:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Magic was tested early when he contracted HIV, which can lead to AIDS. Freddy wasn't tested at all (or tested too late) and developed full-blown AIDS.

AIDS is the death sentence, not HIV.
View Quote

Pneumonia is the usual culprit
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:00:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sickle Cells fight AIDS.

View Quote

Wow that's um........borderline
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:03:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Oh you're one of those.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When someone says "greatest basketball player of all time" my brain hears it as "valedictorian of special ed".

Oh you're one of those.

Got it.
No shit..probably the most annoying thing about arfcom. The "I don't own a TV, sports and movies are dumb, I wasn't cool in high school" crowd.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Magic never developed AIDS, he is just HIV+. He takes tons of drugs so that it keeps his immune system from being compromised.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:04:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is possible, just a very low chance. Have sex with tons of women, and the chances increase quite a bit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:06:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The death of Freddie Mercury.

This is a very sad read.
View Quote

Yeah, sad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sickle Cells fight AIDS.

Borderline what?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:07:35 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Magic was a giver, Freddy was a taker

it's all about care and $$, as already mentioned.
View Quote

I don't get that. Freddy had money so has really nothing to do with it.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Magic was a pro basketball player, fit, healthy.  

Fred was a rockstar.   And they got AIDS at different times, didnt they?

Figure it out!
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:10:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's assuming Magic wasn't into trips to Greece with his women.  There's a lot more tearing and bleeding possible in Greece.    
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's a kind of Magic.
View Quote

FIFF (Freddie)
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Borderline what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sickle Cells fight AIDS.

Borderline what?

Oh like you don't know........

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top