Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/15/2020 1:57:18 AM EDT
Saw a Magpul sticker on a SUV. Seems like a good way to advertise you own guns to the wrong people.

About 20 years ago, punks targeted cops who brought their cars home for the night in my town.  Close family friend who was a cop, had all his guns stolen when he was out. It happened to others.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:58:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Because,  they're tards
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 1:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you even salt life bro?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Why put stickers on anything?

Stickers are for kids and the poors.

I de-label, de-badge, un-sticker everything.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:01:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a DW and Giesselle sticker on mine.  No crack head around here is going to know what they mean.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:01:08 AM EDT
[#5]
In the early 2000’s; in Portland, I had a big ‘Colt’ sticker- on the back of my Subaru wagon.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I don’t like any stickers but I also don’t mind them if they help  guns become more common place and acceptable to general pop
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you even salt life bro?
View Quote
Have no idea what that is, I'm a boomer.

Ok, Googled it, kind of like OP and Vans in the 80's.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a BFL magnet on few of my cars and trucks.  Was outed at a auto shop by a few Arfcommers.  They asked if i knew what the symbol on the hack of the vert. I said yes its mine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:13:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In the early 2000’s; in Portland, I had a big ‘Colt’ sticker- on the back of my Subaru wagon.
View Quote
Are you a lesbian that likes Colt? Not that there is anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a DW and Giesselle sticker on mine.  No crack head around here is going to know what they mean.
View Quote
Until they google them
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:14:39 AM EDT
[#11]
In today's climate, I get the persec aspect. But, there are still a few people around who are  not willing to live in fear. Some are actually proud of who they are and confident in their values.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:16:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Because it’s their vehicle?  Be it because their proud of supporting the #2A, don’t care or not aware that potentially makes them a bigger target for BMV’s who cares?? It’s their vehicle...

With that said I have zero decals on my truck
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Nothing wrong with one on the back.

Now here in Austin most bumper stickers are used to keep liberal cars from falling apart.

Only one I have on my suv says “ My other auto is a 45 acp “.

My truck has one that says “ My other auto is a ma Duce”

Had one lady look at my suv and say I don’t get it. Her husband told her he would explain when they got to their car.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:20:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm just glad I don't let people like that live in my mind rent-free.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:21:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
In today's climate, I get the persec aspect. But, there are still a few people around who are  not willing to live in fear. Some are actually proud of who they are and confident in their values.
View Quote
Your right of course, but targeting people with NRA stickers was a thing at one time (Don't know if it still is?)  I guess for me, reducing the chances of getting your shit broken into by advertising I own guns, is a concern.  But I'm old, and not as brave as I use to be.

Had my car broken into one time, they stole my leather jacket, and some CD's. But missed the Ruger SP101 357, in the center consul next to the leather jacket.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:23:15 AM EDT
[#16]
None for me thank you. Most times when I pass a car it will be a Prius and have a rainbow sticker.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Rent free is subjective.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:24:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I've had a VCDL sticker in my back window of my last few vehicles.

A couple months ago I added the big orange magnet to my tailgate.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:25:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Your right of course, but targeting people with NRA stickers was a thing at one time (Don't know if it still is?)  I guess for me, reducing the chances of getting your shit broken into by advertising I own guns, is a concern.  But I'm old, and not as brave as I use to be.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jack Wilson should serve as a reminder to not fuck with old guys
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I've seen guns in the back window and people open carrying.  No one around here is gonna care about a gun sticker.

I've got a BFL on my truck.  No one cares.

Also, why does anyone put any stickers on their car? Some people just like putting stickers on things.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:25:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Because,  they're tards
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've seen guns in the back window and people open carrying.  No one around here is gonna care about a gun sticker.

Also, why does anyone put any stickers on their car? Some people just like putting stickers on things.
View Quote
NOT Recommended to try that in Houston
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:30:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a hero for sure. I would hope in a situation like that, I might do the same. Fucking with some gang-banger breaking into my car not going to take that chance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Not everyone hides in the shadows...
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:33:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I guess it matters where you live. My neighborhood was safe rural area 45 years ago, when we moved here, now not so much. And moving is not an option.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He's a hero for sure. I would hope in a situation like that, I might do the same. Fucking with some gang-banger breaking into my car not so much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a hero for sure. I would hope in a situation like that, I might do the same. Fucking with some gang-banger breaking into my car not so much.
I agree I wouldn’t shoot someone for breaking into my vehicle, unless they had a weapon and tried to engage me.  Now you break into my house, armed or not......
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Because,  they're tards
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:37:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
You say hiding, I say being low key. But that's my thing, when it come to advertising my gun owner ship. It may not be right for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:38:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I agree I wouldn’t shoot someone for breaking into my vehicle, unless they had a weapon and tried to engage me.  Now you break into my house, armed or not......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Break into my house, and I go all old man that doesn't give a shit, and will defend myself and loved ones.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I don't live in Texas.  

For real though, if I lived in a big city/ liberal area I wouldn't have guns or stickers visible on my car either.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:43:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

For real though, if I lived in a big city/ liberal area I wouldn't have guns or stickers visible on my car either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I’m sure Sheila Jackson Lee is disappointed to not have you as a constituent
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:43:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Rent free is subjective.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rent free is subjective.
Maybe in your case it is, but I'm not going to micromanage every tiny little thing I see, or worry that someone might see a piece of thin plastic as an invitation to help themselves, to the extent that I start questioning the motives of my own shadow. I simply refuse to live in fear, that's all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:47:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
About 26 years ago, I was a manager for a short time at a hippie food CO-OP.  I loved wearing my gun related T-shirts and hats to work.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:52:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Maybe in your case it is, but I'm not going to micromanage every tiny little thing I see, or worry that someone might see a piece of thin plastic as an invitation to help themselves, to the extent that I start questioning the motives of my own shadow. I simply refuse to live in fear, that's all.
View Quote
If it works for you that's good. For me, discretion is the better part of valor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:55:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You say hiding, I say being low key. But that's my thing, when it come to advertising my gun owner ship. It may not be right for everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You ask a question in the thread & the OP that implies that stickers are absolute, one way or the other. Many here piss on the notion of putting a sticker(s) on their vehicles, some going as far as calling those that do tarded. You then say that it may not be right for everyone.

Seems quite contradictory, or atleast inconsistent. Perhaps I read into your intent incorrectly, don't know. That said, I'll leave this link here as an example. Granted, having stickers on his vehicle(s) isn't discussed, but he ain't hiding nor afraid to advertise...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-VA-ARFCOMMERs-release-resolution-to-call-upon-the-Virginian-Unorganized-Militia/5-2287825/?page=10&anc=82987198#i82987198
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 2:56:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:04:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As with Stephen Willeford (older gentleman who used his AR to end the Suntherland Springs Church Shooters Rampage)...

Don't Mess with Old Guys & their Guns...  

@1057
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:19:33 AM EDT
[#38]
I've got a YHM, silencer shop and BFM on mine, tucked in with some trail badges.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:33:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You ask a question in the thread & the OP that implies that stickers are absolute, one way or the other. Many here piss on the notion of putting a sticker(s) on their vehicles, some going as far as calling those that do tarded. You then say that it may not be right for everyone.

Seems quite contradictory, or atleast inconsistent. Perhaps I read into your intent incorrectly, don't know. That said, I'll leave this link here as an example. Granted, having stickers on his vehicle(s) isn't discussed, but he ain't hiding nor afraid to advertise...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/BREAKING-VA-ARFCOMMERs-release-resolution-to-call-upon-the-Virginian-Unorganized-Militia/5-2287825/?page=10&anc=82987198#i82987198
View Quote
Not sure I implied it was obsolete, just asking why people do it. For me, and others I know, it seems like a good way to advertise you own guns to the wrong people, like I said in the Op.

I did not call anyone tards, juts asking a question. But I  concede, I may have inadvertently provoked a few people with my question. But I guess the answer I come away with is, different strokes and all that.

And as far as the VA situation, it is getting closer to the time to put up or shut-up when it comes to defending the 2ad amendment. I don't know if putting  stickers on ones car, is a helping or a hindrance.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:35:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Cause we can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:35:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Who is that gray man
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 3:42:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Cause we can.
View Quote
It's still America, for now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:27:22 AM EDT
[#43]
I put them on because I don't give a fuck about the opinions of people scared to let anyone know they own guns.

Howboutdat
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I put them on because I don't give a fuck about the opinions of people scared to let anyone know they own guns.

Howboutdat
View Quote
Ok guy, but you sound a little triggered by a simple question. Do you own a bro truck, just curious?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:46:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Because they think it makes them look cool when they park at the high school on their way to school.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:53:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ok guy, but you sound a little triggered by a simple question. Do you own a bro truck, just curious?
View Quote
Nah, you're wrong. User name does not fit.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:55:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Why do people put baby on board or coexist stickers on their vehicles?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 4:56:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why do people put baby on board or coexist stickers on their vehicles?
View Quote
Do they still do that? Don't see them here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top