Quoted:

HOA Whore
View Quote
I have no HOA.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

God forbid I keep my Christmas Decorations up past New Years H Jose' Karen's will let me know how much I'm devaluing their 30 year mortgage Mc Manson
View Quote
Are you so vapid as to conflate Christmas lights with destroying a property's lawn? It would seem so.

One would have to be just plain fucking ignorant to believe a property owner shouldn't be concerned with shit that devalues their property....because why again?

You 'edge Lords' are quite tiresome. Thank goodness for the 'ignore button'.

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
On the street in front of their house is worse when they have plenty of room in their driveway
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Must be a Kentucky thing? I've never seen it around here.
View Quote
I've seen it plenty up here in Northern Indiana, not sure why people do it but they do.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had a outside shower when i was growing up in S California, but I was right on the beach so that might not count.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From Adam Carolla's running joke, "Rich Man, Poor Man":

Multiple cars on the property.

Other examples include:
Being really into racing.
Outdoor shower.
Having a rapper as a neighbor.

I had a outside shower when i was growing up in S California, but I was right on the beach so that might not count.

I have one. Don't use it much but it sure is nice on a really hot day (or for some fun with the wife)
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a local rancher near me that owns 1000’s of acres of land, with quite a few oil wells on it.
Beautiful home. Across the highway from him is a single wide with plywood exterior walls and a “fence” around the entire perimeter of his property made solely out of washers and dryers stacked two high.
He doesn’t give a shit because property value means nothing with that kind of money. He could burn his house down today and move anywhere he wants lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine has a similar garage layout.
His pull through has a lift in it for his drag car. Damn awesome setup. That extra opening really helps when he fires it up
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a car guy, that one always blows my mind.

Likely the 2nd most expensive thing you own and your house has a room designed for it to live in where it would be safe from weather and thieves.
"Naah, we should fill that space with empty boxes and plastic crap and leave the cars outside".
It is understandable if you have a wood/machine shop or non car toys (boat, jetskis, motorcycles, UTV etc) in there but I have seen many of my neighbor's garage doors open and it is nothing but crap in there.

Where I live I never see people parked on the grass either at their homes or on the side of the road.
Just something that isn't done. Some of it may have to do with mentality.
In places like CA there are so many rules/laws that people are just conditioned that anything that isn't specifically permitted is prohibited.

When I have visited other states (Hawaii for example), it is kind of the opposite. There are no signs saying "don't park on the grass" so everybody does.
No parking in the beach parking lot? Park on the grassy shoulder of the road with everybody else. No room in the driveway? Park on the grass.

The city I grew up in made a law restricting it. I think you couldn't take up more than 25% of your yard with a vehicle. One time in undergrad, I jumped a curb and parked on a hill that people parked on everyday due to severely limited parking. I got a ticket for that city ordinance. Of course, I brought an overhead map of the campus to the DA's office with the police report and picture of my truck in the spot to prove that the ticket was falsely issued as I took up probably 1/100th of all yard.

I specifically purchased a house with a 4 car garage because I'm also a car guy. I don't want to park a 75k+ investment outside. Even my ORV is inside, so that I can work on it. I eventually would like to restore an old Bronco and will use the extra bay for that (it's a pull through two and the other two are side by side).

A buddy of mine has a similar garage layout.
His pull through has a lift in it for his drag car. Damn awesome setup. That extra opening really helps when he fires it up

I almost did a pull through when I built mine with either a rollup door or multi panel "lift and slide" doors. Nixed the idea when construction costs ballooned and I realized I wanted wall space more then a door I would seldom use.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a local rancher near me that owns 1000’s of acres of land, with quite a few oil wells on it.
Beautiful home. Across the highway from him is a single wide with plywood exterior walls and a “fence” around the entire perimeter of his property made solely out of washers and dryers stacked two high.
He doesn’t give a shit because property value means nothing with that kind of money. He could burn his house down today and move anywhere he wants lol
View Quote

There are 700sqft shacks and 5,000sqft+ mansions on my street.

No HOA, no sidewalks, no streetlights. My neighbors don't complain about my junk truck at the back of my lot and I don't complain about their motorhome parked in their yard.
We all kinda MYOB and do our own thing around here.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was just thinking I'd like to be able to park on my lawn.

Thinking this is the way to go.

https://cdn3.volusion.com/bcsfd.gnydc/v/vspfiles/photos/EZ4X24-2.jpg?v-cache=1505389543
View Quote

That stuff is great, but expensive.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Because we can.
View Quote

Freedom be scary yo...
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#11]
If everyone parks in the driveway, someone will get blocked in.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Because I didnt want to fucking wake up to move after working all night when my parents would go to work at 8am . I got home at 6 am . No space to widen the driveway to three vehicles and Mother and Father didnt want to park from under carport. So I parked my truck in the yard.   Now thst I live where there is an HOA I still have to park on the street in the morning when I get off at 6 so my stepson and wife can bothe leave for work and then I have to wake up and move back into my driveway so people feel better about how things look.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was poor I used to wash my nice car in the front lawn. May as well recycle the water by washing car and watering lawn at the same time. Leave it there until the mud dried then park it in the driveway again.
Now that I've made it, I have that big automatic car wash money. Even get the premium wash with all the pretty colors of soap. I guess you can say I'm ARFCOM rich now. Still not rich enough to have someone else wash my car for me
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#14]
It’s sheer laziness - they want to take as few steps as possible to get in the house and have no interest in the work required to maintain a lawn.

Obsession with lawn maintenance is overboard with a lot of people, especially the boomer era and their parents but it’s symptomatic of pride of ownership and respectability of maintaining public appearances.

Neither are common traits of the poors.

It’s honestly a very damning indictment of our social character as a country and our future as a cohesive society. Shame isn’t the motivator it once was, which is symptomatic of several severe problems.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
With 29 people living in one house, you have to, if all the regular spots are taken.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#16]
It’s a southern/Midwestern poor people thing.

The one national thing I have noticed is women left unsupervised will pack the garage to the gun walls with pure crap.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top