Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I Carry Glocks and Sigs, and they’re perfectly good pistols.

But… I’d like a Staccato or similar.
I love the trigger on a 1911, even my Tisas Army ‘clone’ 1911 has a better trigger than the plastic guns. Or the Sig P series guns I have (even with SRT’s).

A nice 1911 version in 9mm seems like it’d be crazy easy to shoot.

I’m still carrying striker and SA/DA guns, and happy enough. But the straight pull SÃO trigger system like the 1911 style, is really the best.
View Quote

They are so nice to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You can do that with most guns. Seems like a fair test for field use pistol.
View Quote

Really? You and your team start switching barrels and slide stops all willy nilly? Make a cleaning circle throw all the parts in the middle and let fate take over? They are a very high level specialized unit not some untrained guys who never use the same gun twice.
Quoted:

I still don't understand the Sig/Beretta DA/SA deal. At least with striker fired pistols you get a consistent pull.

The only defense is "bro just train around it" Okay sure I could but why would I want to?
View Quote

I will never understand why some of you make it sound like some insurmountable thing as opposed to a heavy smooth trigger that served people effectively for over a century. I don't find them much if any harder than a stock glock trigger but unlike a glock you only have to pull it once and then get that sweet sweet single action.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 9:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Lol at OP

- Literally every shooter is better with SAO from new to IDPA Champion
- They are the most affordable 2011 out there that isn't trash
- Glock 17 > Glock 19
- Increased capacity
- Has OP ever fired a SAO?
View Quote

Trash compared to Stealth Arms? Also probably not technically a 2011 either though. Have heard the trigger is better than the Stacatto though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Trash compared to Stealth Arms? Also probably not technically a 2011 either though. Have heard the trigger is better than the Stacatto though.
View Quote
"Trash" is subjective. Many believe a Springfield Prodigy is "trash." For those of us in the know, they are not. They are a great build gun and that can be coaxed into amazing duty grade guns with a little elbow grease and knowledge. My Prodigy went through 500 in the first session with very little issues. In the process of break in, I broke the ejector which of course was a MIM part. All ignition internals were replaced with a EGW kit that required minimal effort. Slide lock replaced with a 10-8 version, trigger replaced with a short flat Atlas version. Done. Well under a Staccato in price and I would run it against one in a heartbeat. By all accounts the Platypus is a worthy "2011" contender and I remain interested in picking one up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Because we as a group, care way too much what someone else spends their own money on.

I don't, because IDGAF what the other buys and uses.
View Quote

Abso-fucking-lutely this /\

Too many people in the gun world have their egos and self esteem wrapped up way too tightly around their gear.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I still don't understand the Sig/Beretta DA/SA deal. At least with striker fired pistols you get a consistent pull.

The only defense is "bro just train around it" Okay sure I could but why would I want to?
View Quote

You have to train around something no matter what you use, whether it’s a Glock’s consistently terrible stock trigger, or flipping the safety on your 1911, whatever. Everything is a different set of compromises. I’m not going to derail the thread, only to say I’m  persuaded of the virtues of DA/SA, and from a safety perspective would rather stuff a Staccato in the front of my pants than any striker with an allegedly 1911-like trigger and no manual safety.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All those years tacti-bros talked shit on 1911's because Glock Perfection and now look at them. It's fucking disgusting.

1911's are cool. Always have been. And they are really fun to shoot. And accurate, too. And they make for really pretty B8 groups at 25 yards. (Something else tacti-bros talked shit on)

Plus everything in the gun world runs in cycles of 20-30 years. It's just the first time I've been alive long enough to see it happen. Revolvers and 1911's getting hot again.

A better response is that a da trigger is better for threat management
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
After touring the Staccato factory last week, I can say there is a lot of hand fitting going into these guns. After seeing the process, I feel that what they charge for the guns is more than fair.

When they move into the new facility and can really streamline watch out for really good things to come.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Trash" is subjective. Many believe a Springfield Prodigy is "trash." For those of us in the know, they are not. They are a great build gun and that can be coaxed into amazing duty grade guns with a little elbow grease and knowledge. My Prodigy went through 500 in the first session with very little issues. In the process of break in, I broke the ejector which of course was a MIM part. All ignition internals were replaced with a EGW kit that required minimal effort. Slide lock replaced with a 10-8 version, trigger replaced with a short flat Atlas version. Done. Well under a Staccato in price and I would run it against one in a heartbeat. By all accounts the Platypus us a worthy "2011" contender and I remain interested in picking one up.
View Quote

"very little issues"
broke ejector in 500 rounds, replaced ignition kit and slide lock

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

"very little issues"

https://media0.giphy.com/media/efSePxL3C27zLG0QHY/giphy.gif
View Quote
This is what I meant earlier about how 1911s will draw you into making excuses for them.  Not that you should be making excuses for any other type of gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"very little issues"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Trash" is subjective. Many believe a Springfield Prodigy is "trash." For those of us in the know, they are not. They are a great build gun and that can be coaxed into amazing duty grade guns with a little elbow grease and knowledge. My Prodigy went through 500 in the first session with very little issues. In the process of break in, I broke the ejector which of course was a MIM part. All ignition internals were replaced with a EGW kit that required minimal effort. Slide lock replaced with a 10-8 version, trigger replaced with a short flat Atlas version. Done. Well under a Staccato in price and I would run it against one in a heartbeat. By all accounts the Platypus us a worthy "2011" contender and I remain interested in picking one up.

"very little issues"

My Prodigy already had the fiber optic fall out of the front sight and is struggling to feed range ammo. Nothing major but I’m still a little butthurt. It does shoot great..you know, when it shoots
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is what I meant earlier about how 1911s will draw you into making excuses for them.  Not that you should be making excuses for any other type of gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"very little issues"

But that trigger…
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 1:04:43 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are going to over spend on a 9mm 1911, be a man.  Buy an Atlas.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Glock cultists do it too, don't pretend that you all do not.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I grabbed one today to see what they are all about.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because some people aren't poor and like nice things?

Why do poor/cheap people always feel the need to talk shit about the stuff they can't afford or are too cheap to buy?
View Quote

Or maybe people with real money don't buy expensive trinkets just to look cool.

Also, people with real money don't use the word "poors".
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
They are very nice guns.  Incredibly accurate, awesome triggers, and feel good in the hand.  I have a friend that owns two and occasionally let's me shoot them.  I have also shot one owned by a local LEO I have taken training from.  

I would love to have one,  but they are just to expensive for what they are.  Also whe. I shoot competitions I use my carry gun, a glock 19.  That's also my issue gun artwork, so I feel I need to be as familiar with it as possible.   If my work would issue me a Stacatto I would probably buy one and carry that on my off time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Because some people aren't poor and like nice things?

Why do poor/cheap people always feel the need to talk shit about the stuff they can't afford or are too cheap to buy?

Not true on both accounts.

Certain functions for buyers that can afford to not settle for less has an appeal to it because of said higher performing function. And some of these rich people also posted on this thread using that slang.

Honestly nobody would be using that term if the poors weren't so quick to trash talk those who can afford nicer things. Nobody is saying it to be mean. Instead we're saying it because some of us want more than cheap and "effective" and are after function which is true EFFECTIVENESS, and being talked down to by envious people lashing out.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The US also bought HK416s and SCARs. Their opinion is to be discarded immediately.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Love my Staccatos. I still carry a 43X daily.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I grabbed one today to see what they are all about. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117780/IMG_8896-2853485.jpg
View Quote

Could you give an honest opinion on whether it is worth carrying over a striker fired? Also, has anyone else heard that you can mess up a 2011 by slamming home a new magazine on an empty slide?
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Compromise a little and get a prodigy

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:21:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Can someone confirm what duty weapon this guy had that jammed? It was a 2011 right?

Man With AK-47-Style Weapon Struck During Shootout With Officer in Fountain, Colorado
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#24]
The 1911 that everyone says inst a 1911?

Yeah, what's old is new again.

If I'm still alive in 20 years, I'm going to talk so much shit to you. New age boomers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can someone confirm what duty weapon this guy had that jammed? It was a 2011 right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuzoWXJx2jg
View Quote

Too dark to definitively tell the brand but looks like the backplate of a Glock or Sig. Definitely not a 2011 there’s clearly no external safety or hammer
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Too dark to definitively tell the brand but looks like the backplate of a Glock or Sig. Definitely not a 2011 there’s clearly no external safety or hammer
View Quote

I rest my case your honor
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

A little? That photo is filled with compromise.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha I feel so used
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A little? That photo is filled with compromise.
View Quote

Well someone stole my surefire...... out of my own bedroom. The red dot came with the gun.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Could you give an honest opinion on whether it is worth carrying over a striker fired? Also, has anyone else heard that you can mess up a 2011 by slamming home a new magazine on an empty slide?
View Quote

It is possible on some 2011s to over insert a mag (with the slide locked to the rear) and impact the ejector depending on the mag and how well your mag catch is functioning and if the floor plates are the correct ones for your gun.

You can do that on 1911s and several other pistols that also have similar ejectors.
It’s an issue, but not a deal breaker. It might cause an issue, or it might not.

The Gen 2/3 mags tend to have floor plates that stop on the grip and prevent over insertion in the intended Staccato models.

My biggest issue with the Staccato is after I shot a buddies, I bought one… love the P model I bought. Carry it almost every day.
Then I bought a Prodigy as a range toy / project gun.
Then I started pondering an XC, but am now eying Atlas, Nighthawk, Chambers, Infinity… Still not sure on where I’ll settle.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:47:28 PM EDT
[#31]
look at all the double stack hi caps I can have because Im stuck in NY
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuzoWXJx2jg

Gen 5 Glock, I think. Double feed?

ETA:  apparently he never fired. He must have had an empty chamber.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oof, a TKO haha.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Carry my C2 every day, doesn’t matter if I’m doing concrete work on my hands and knees setting pavers, or I’m working on pools. 2800 rounds 0 malfunctions, shoots like butter.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#35]

Well, I only said that because you brought up the whole subject of cost as an objection "and way cheaper?" in your OP.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not to derail: are they all optic ready?
View Quote

All models come standard or ready to mount with plates
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I always look forward to buying an item and replacing most of the parts and tuning it up to get it to run good versus buying a quality item and have it run flawlessly out of the box
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Love my Staccato's.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Cola Warrior Keystone got the 15x target (pretty sure on that distance) on 1st try with my 2011.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Carry mine everyday on duty… best pistol I’ve ever owned !!!! Just replaced the optic with an EPS.

Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Because the 1911 design is superior to all, and 9mm is the round all you fags prefer.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I shot about 200 rounds today out of it. Trigger is awesome, action is smooth. Once I get the red dot on it and a bunch of rounds I’ll give my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 10:50:03 PM EDT
[#45]
There's only 2 pistols I'd run. Staccatos and Glocks. Staccatos are fast, Glocks are practical. Personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:46:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's only 2 pistols I'd run. Staccatos and Glocks. Staccatos are fast, Glocks are practical. Personal preference.
View Quote
Have you ever thought of just only running the Glocks?  That way all your concentration is on one platform.  You could sell the Staccatos and buy a ton of ammo for your Glocks.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you are going to over spend on a 9mm 1911, be a man.  Buy an Atlas.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/209044/IMG_20230615_134039178_HDR_jpg-2853378.JPG
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I've shot an STI before... it was nice.  Was it work $2k+?  Not for me.  Perhaps for some.

As an instructor I would say most people are better off with $2,000 in training and a modern $500 pistol that requires less maintenance.

If you're a serious competitor and money is no object... go for it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've shot an STI before... it was nice.  Was it work $2k+?  Not for me.  Perhaps for some.

As an instructor I would say most people are better off with $2,000 in training and a modern $500 pistol that requires less maintenance.

If you're a serious competitor and money is no object... go for it.
View Quote

Money is a big deal for a lot of people but I look at it a lot differently than most people. Guns are a one time cost and all the other suff you spend money on is the same regardless of the cost of the base gun. I'm not saying everyone should buy a 2 3 4 thousand dollar gun but it wouldn't be the end of the world for most people either. It's the same reasoning I used with customers to get them to buy Glocks instead of a Taurus. Most people end up with several guns anyway so they can start with the glock and save up for something nicer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Have you ever thought of just only running the Glocks?  That way all your concentration is on one platform.  You could sell the Staccatos and buy a ton of ammo for your Glocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top