[#1]
I usually run 55-60.

Not this week; My truck is in the shop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trucking is a long way from autonomous.

We can't even get a driverless sedan operating correctly.
View Quote
I firmly believe that the company that focuses on autonomous driving on interstates only and hands off control to a real driver when hitting any road that is less than interstate grade, they'll make a lot of money if they can get one regulation pushed through.  Trucking companies using autonomous mode on interstates should be granted extra hours of operation for the driver.  That cap on operating hours is safer, but it kills the trucker's productivity.  We're a long way from fully autonomous semi trucks but this driver assist could really be a boost for the industry.

Trucking is King when it comes to short distance on time delivery.  By short distance I mean 600 miles or less.  Longer distances make sense when you factor in on time demands and the relative rigidity of the railroads who still say "our way or the highway".  Giving truckers more time in the cab, not necessarily behind the wheel, might make economic sense.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:56:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm 100% behind the idea of autonomous trucks if they can be programmed to avoid blocking the fast lane for 30 min. at a stretch by trying to pass another truck going 1 mph slower.
View Quote
This.

The out of work truckers can then be utilized to test diabetes medicine.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Finding someone with a work ethic who doesn't use drugs, has an IQ above room temperature, and isn't a raging asshole is challenging. We had to fire one methbilly genius for attempting (partially successfully!) to deadlift a 1500lb piece of scrap steel after being repeatedly told by multiple supervisors to wait until it was torched up into manageable pieces. Fucked up his back, obviously.
View Quote
Part of the problem as well is if you take a 25 year old guy with a wife and a kid they have a hard time taking a job at 12 bucks an hour to get experience. I know I couldn’t do it and I would love to leave where I’m at.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have tons of respect for the trades and feel that I would have been more fulfilled being a mechanic than an IT monkey. Hell, after 4 college degrees my plumber neighbor takes home more than I do.
View Quote
There are a lot of careers that should not require a 4 year degree.  IT is one of them, speaking from experience.  I really wish the apprenticeship system would come back in favor.  In IT, hands on experience is the way to go over a four year degree that doesn't teach you what you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are a lot of careers that should not require a 4 year degree.  IT is one of them, speaking from experience.  I really wish the apprenticeship system would come back in favor.  In IT, hands on experience is the way to go over a four year degree that doesn't teach you what you need to know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have tons of respect for the trades and feel that I would have been more fulfilled being a mechanic than an IT monkey. Hell, after 4 college degrees my plumber neighbor takes home more than I do.
This is true I sat in on interviews with guys that had 4 year degrees that didn't know much at all.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
Autonomous trucks can drive from A to B but they can't do the rest of my job.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Never said they could.  Several folks said it would be twenty years or more before they're in use.  They'll be here in the next few years hauling terminal to terminal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Some Cold War era policy regulating freight. Don't know the details but saw a interview with the head of BNSF and he cited it as a limiting factor to rail freight
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What law is that?
Some Cold War era policy regulating freight. Don't know the details but saw a interview with the head of BNSF and he cited it as a limiting factor to rail freight
I think you misunderstood or misinterpreted something.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
When was truck driving ever middle class, seems solidly working class to me.
View Quote
My father drove hauling hazmat for almost 40 years. He always managed to provide his family with a solid middle class lifestyle doing so. Nice home in a good area, nice vehicles, bills paid on time, yearly vacations, money to save and money for extras.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
isn’t walmart recruiting right now? I saw $90k in the ad.
View Quote
With the right endorsements and working for the right company one can make six figures doing it and live just about anywhere. People form their opinion on the industry based on observations of freight haulers working for outfits like SWIFT, Hogan and JB Hunt. The trade off though is you'll have to spend the majority of your life out on the road.

Today however third world trash is taking over the industry, driving down wages.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]
If not driverless trucks, then migrant drivers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He will if he works all year.

Hauling solely to frac sites has its disadvantages too.  They are not always fracking.

People who dont drive, dont realize you can make more doing it than you would if you worked in some salaried  office job 10 hours a day  for 60-80k.  I know a shit ton of white collar office people who think they are rollin in it and they make 50k. and thats laughable trucker money..... meanwhile they look down their noses at the truckers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A buddy of mine is hauling diesel to frac sites in the Permian and has sent me screen shots of his first 3 paychecks. I can't figure out how he's not going to break way over 100k. I might be joining him soon.
He will if he works all year.

Hauling solely to frac sites has its disadvantages too.  They are not always fracking.

People who dont drive, dont realize you can make more doing it than you would if you worked in some salaried  office job 10 hours a day  for 60-80k.  I know a shit ton of white collar office people who think they are rollin in it and they make 50k. and thats laughable trucker money..... meanwhile they look down their noses at the truckers.
Of course the trade off is you get to go home every day and sleep in your own bed. There was a time when I was young and struggling where I considered going to work with my father. I could have solved all my money problems in a year if I had so the temptation was there. Ultimately having grown up witnessing everything he missed out on because he was always 1k miles away somewhere kept me from pursuing that.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Got a bunch of 5 year safe driving patches that I haven't sown on to anything yet, along with a $30k+ (before taxes) bonus. Was easy enough to get; do your job the way the company wants, no tickets, no violations, no write-ups, easy peasy. Working on getting my 10 year bonus which will be even bigger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's precisely this reason why I don't introduce myself as a "truck driver.". I'm a Carhauler... For the best outfit in the industry.

And I'm among the best where I am.  5 out of 5 rating- Quality, safety, productivity, everything.  I just got my jacket this week.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/IMG_20190128_142126_jpg-827875.JPG
Got a bunch of 5 year safe driving patches that I haven't sown on to anything yet, along with a $30k+ (before taxes) bonus. Was easy enough to get; do your job the way the company wants, no tickets, no violations, no write-ups, easy peasy. Working on getting my 10 year bonus which will be even bigger.
My dad got his three million mile plaque about six months before he retired.

It's sitting on the floor, propped against the wall in his basement still. He missed his yearly safety bonus one time. I know that for certain because he spent the whole next year bitching about it nonstop.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Meh, you can get time off and good money at the right place.  We run team so there’s time in the sleeper surfing arfcom and my codriver and I don’t fuck around so we get back at 1630 on Monday, 2000 on Wednesday, and 1300 on Friday instead of the times listed. We do leave earlier than scheduled on Sunday and later on Tuesday (full disclosure).

Link Posted: 1/31/2019 2:15:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They are and I think they are the only one.  Maybe one other?  Friend has driven for them for 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is ABF still union?
They are and I think they are the only one.  Maybe one other?  Friend has driven for them for 20 years.
There is others that are union still. Some ups freight barns are.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have an interview tomorrow for a local driver position with FedEx, so wish me luck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This exactly.  The college for everyone push has hurt the country.
I have a friend who drives for FedEx freight.  We've been friends for almost 40 years and graduated in the same class at the same school.  We both started the same college.  He dropped out in the 2nd quarter of college and started driving a truck.  I kept going, graduated, and have worked hard for 26 years in IT.

Since then, I've taken two pay cuts (one 15%) and have had crappy raises for the last 10 years.  In 2016, I had to start over in my field by taking a job that I could have gotten right after college if I had wanted to.  My friend, who dropped out of college, has seen his salary steadily increase and now makes about $30K more than I do while driving a truck.

I'm really starting to think that I was the chump for going to college.....
If he drives for Fedex freight then he is making about $1800 a week plus awesome benefits.   He could be making more than that but thats probably about average depending on market.
I have an interview tomorrow for a local driver position with FedEx, so wish me luck.
Good luck, Driver.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Working class is when you buy the wife a five year old Tahoe with a lift kit and 150k on it instead of a stock five year old Tahoe with 50k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the difference?
Working class is when you buy the wife a five year old Tahoe with a lift kit and 150k on it instead of a stock five year old Tahoe with 50k.
what am I?  I buy new.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Good luck, I'm going to apply there when I get my Haz-Mat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This exactly.  The college for everyone push has hurt the country.
I have a friend who drives for FedEx freight.  We've been friends for almost 40 years and graduated in the same class at the same school.  We both started the same college.  He dropped out in the 2nd quarter of college and started driving a truck.  I kept going, graduated, and have worked hard for 26 years in IT.

Since then, I've taken two pay cuts (one 15%) and have had crappy raises for the last 10 years.  In 2016, I had to start over in my field by taking a job that I could have gotten right after college if I had wanted to.  My friend, who dropped out of college, has seen his salary steadily increase and now makes about $30K more than I do while driving a truck.

I'm really starting to think that I was the chump for going to college.....
If he drives for Fedex freight then he is making about $1800 a week plus awesome benefits.   He could be making more than that but thats probably about average depending on market.
Good luck, I'm going to apply there when I get my Haz-Mat
HazMat is cake.  2 night of reading and common sense should do it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:51:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Most drivers are 70hrs a week, 11hrs able to be on-duty drive status a day, 14hrs to be on-duty status a day. There is an special rule we can use, which allows us to go up to 16hrs one day, once per week. But that is only used if we get stuck somewhere because of an accident, weather, etc. But it doesn't add on to your 11hr drive time. So if I hit up central Wyoming (about 3.5hrs driving, and maybe 4.5hrs on-duty) and I-80 closes for a few hours. I could be sitting out there for about 8 hours then start driving back and once my clock hits 14hrs, the computer recalculates my drive and on-duty time, giving me enough time (as long as I didn't exceed 11hrs driving) to make it back home, or to a hotel (Day Cabs)

For us (specifically my guys) to burn through 70 hours in a typical 5 day work work, something went way wrong. We usually work about 45-55 hours or so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walmart is starting to hire drivers at $90k a year, but if minimum wage is $15 an hr and you work 70 hrs a week, can you be a retard still? Yes you can.
I'm not up on the current regs, but there are limits to how much you can work and a lower limit of how much you can drive.  I want to say it is 60 hours a week.
Most drivers are 70hrs a week, 11hrs able to be on-duty drive status a day, 14hrs to be on-duty status a day. There is an special rule we can use, which allows us to go up to 16hrs one day, once per week. But that is only used if we get stuck somewhere because of an accident, weather, etc. But it doesn't add on to your 11hr drive time. So if I hit up central Wyoming (about 3.5hrs driving, and maybe 4.5hrs on-duty) and I-80 closes for a few hours. I could be sitting out there for about 8 hours then start driving back and once my clock hits 14hrs, the computer recalculates my drive and on-duty time, giving me enough time (as long as I didn't exceed 11hrs driving) to make it back home, or to a hotel (Day Cabs)

For us (specifically my guys) to burn through 70 hours in a typical 5 day work work, something went way wrong. We usually work about 45-55 hours or so.
if your company delivers within 100 air miles to your office and you are home nightly there is a different set of regs.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone who works with robots and automation laughs at this idea.
We can't even automate rail, they can't turn and don't share their lane with anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're still a long way from driverless trucks.
This. Top programers are still unable to create driverless trucks that will pass another truck on a two lane highway only going .01 mph faster than the truck in the right lane. We could be decades away from a solution.
We can't even automate rail, they can't turn and don't share their lane with anyone.
Can't or don't need to?

Doesn't seem like there is that much labor to save in the context of load weight as there is with trucks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
So what happens when a disgruntled trucker, or some asshole moves into the trucks lane, and there's someone right behind the truck?

Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:21:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Already testing it in other parts of the world.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
It used to be that a factory job or tradesman's job WAS a middle class job.

There seems to be a fork, in many instances those same jobs aren't getting people to the middle class, on the other some of those jobs such as electrician are absolutely still getting people to the middle class with ease but are looked down upon by may in the education system and people aren't being properly directed there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Most working class (also referred to as low class or poor) people in America falsely think they are actually middle class.

An easy way I define it.

Poor: has nothing.

Working class: depends solely on work, and can't save.

Middle class: depends on work and some assets, and can save.

Upper class: doesn't depend on work due to large assets (passive income).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the difference?
Middle class is what working class people who don't know any better think they are.
Most working class (also referred to as low class or poor) people in America falsely think they are actually middle class.

An easy way I define it.

A common definition of middle class is someone who is making from 75% of median household income to 200% of median household income.  Median household is 60K.  That means a lot of of people making 120K are actually 'upper class' but don't label themselves as that. They like to think only the top 1% or even top 0.1% as upper class.  It allows them to not take any blame.

Note in some areas cost of living is such that this equation may not paint an accurate picture.  However, there are a lot of people who will falsely think this applies to their situation.  Truth is across the country housing is very very expensive compared to 50 years ago.  Places like San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Napa, New York, Honolulu run between 20 and 25% more expensive, so upper class for them might be cresting 150K.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
if your company delivers within 100 air miles to your office and you are home nightly there is a different set of regs.
View Quote
Yep, but I'd say the vast majority of the drivers in this area do not fall into that category. Most of the runs we do are over 100 miles one way. Yesterday I did 570 miles (Cheyenne > Wamsutter 190 miles, Wamsutter > Commerce City 285 miles, Commerce City > Cheyenne 95 miles). We could probably fall into that 100 air mile category though if all we did was Commerce City runs, but just barely.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:06:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Walmart is starting to hire drivers at $90k a year, but if minimum wage is $15 an hr and you work 70 hrs a week, can you be a retard still? Yes you can.
I'm not up on the current regs, but there are limits to how much you can work and a lower limit of how much you can drive.  I want to say it is 60 hours a week.

Or hoping over state lines...

If it wasn't for the state lines thing, my guys would be ELD exempt.

However, my office is about 8 air miles from the PA border.

My other office is about 8 miles from the Michigan border.

And my office in Indiana, is about 12 miles from the Illinois border...
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Bears repeating,also a driving force for importing labor from south of the border
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's similar to other fields such as manufacturing, welding, etc. Beginning in the 1980's, "Society" deemed it to be an undesirable career for uneducated low achievers and it was represented as such. It was the dead-end hell that the movie protagonists were trying to escape. Everyone had to go to college so they could work in an office and not get their hands dirty.
Fast forward a generation, and here we are. Baristas with PhD's and skilled trades desperate for anyone with a pulse.
Bears repeating,also a driving force for importing labor from south of the border
If you are a buyer of labor you want immigration (legal or otherwise) so you can buy that labor dirt cheap, so you want an over-supply of that kind of worker.  If you are a laborer you want immigration controlled so supply-and-demand will allow you to have a decent wage.

At one time this applied to fruit pickers and ditch diggers.  Then it was taxi drivers and warehouse workers and construction.  Now is it is even more jobs.

The rich that make up the top 3% but not the top 0.1% are going to be in for a big surprise when their kids who get 'career jobs' like lawyer find out that programs can do 90% of the simple contracts, wills, and pretty much all novice lawyer work, and when imported doctors are filling up most of the medical openings.  The true rich, those who can live on their capital alone, will have succeeded at getting us back to the same system as in the middle ages....no middle class just the true rich, the true poor, and the constant fall of a handful of true rich to poor every generation.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#30]
I see these guys all the time on the roads in Washington.

Link Posted: 2/1/2019 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#31]
I was talking about this to a friend of my son yesterday so this would be a good place to ask.

Whats at the cost of training and how long?
whats the first and second year income?

He wanted to go into computer engineering and was asking me how I did it, but I'm the complete exception to the rule.. I was trying to tell him to get a trade job but didn't have any info on OTR driving.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 4:59:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lucky guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 6:16:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A common definition of middle class is someone who is making from 75% of median household income to 200% of median household income.  Median household is 60K.  That means a lot of of people making 120K are actually 'upper class' but don't label themselves as that. They like to think only the top 1% or even top 0.1% as upper class.  It allows them to not take any blame.

Note in some areas cost of living is such that this equation may not paint an accurate picture.  However, there are a lot of people who will falsely think this applies to their situation.  Truth is across the country housing is very very expensive compared to 50 years ago.  Places like San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Napa, New York, Honolulu run between 20 and 25% more expensive, so upper class for them might be cresting 150K.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the difference?
Middle class is what working class people who don't know any better think they are.

An easy way I define it.

The idea of defining “class” by one person’s income level is asinine, and completely tosses aside the historical meaning of the word.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I was talking about this to a friend of my son yesterday so this would be a good place to ask.

He wanted to go into computer engineering and was asking me how I did it, but I'm the complete exception to the rule.. I was trying to tell him to get a trade job but didn't have any info on OTR driving.
View Quote
When I retired from the .mil, Sage Truck Driving School was about $4k. Military tuition assistance paid for half of mine since I was still active duty on terminal leave. A lot of folks seem to be able to get grant money from the state workforce centers.

The school was 5-6 weeks if I remember correctly. Mine was a little shorter since I didn't have to test out at the DOT Port. Second day of class we went to get our permits, but I walked out with a full license with all endorsements minus Hazmat. Wyoming waves the port test if you have tractor/trailer on your Military drivers license.

Started hauling water in the Oilfield, then Propane, then Frac heating. Seven months in, I got a call from a guy I met at Sage, and was asked if I would be interested in hauling fuel, and that's it. See you're in Texas, Oilfield driving might be a good way to get started.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:10:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
He can go to the Worksource (Texas Workforce Commission) and get a grant or loan and get a CDL at a community college.  HCC's course is $3,500.

Good companies won't hire CDL Mill (Get your CDL in TWO WEEKS!) graduates.  Many companies that hire from "accredited" training schools like community colleges will reimburse tuition.

Five-six (?) week course and he can have a job waiting for him. Get an entry level job, get experience, and move on up.

First year $60k+ with a good company, probably regional.  Avoid OTR.  Specialize.  Flatbed, food service, etc.

The last driver I trained to haul cars at my company was 25, had a wife and two kids, two cars and owned a house.  He started at Pepsi then worked for Sysco (foodservice).  He was making +/-$85k there but came to my company to make more.

I've got a few years and a million+ safe miles under my belt.  I work for the best company in my industry and I made the most money of my life in 2018.  Life is good.

I choose my own loads and run my own schedule (like all of our drivers).  As long as I work and haul cars and don't tear shit up I'm rewarded handsimely.  5 out of 5 driver rating last year.  This gives me a bump in my mileage pay and a much larger bonus.  My trainer pay is just more gravy for my meat and potatoes.

Those that don't work don't last.  In fact, the trainee I just mentioned just got a good, newer truck because the guy that was in it is now pursuing other opportunities.  He was a 2 out of 5 two years in a row.  He's gone.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

He can go to the Worksource (Texas Workforce Commission) and get a grant or loan and get a CDL at a community college.  HCC's course is $3,500.

Good companies won't hire CDL Mill (Get your CDL in TWO WEEKS!) graduates.  Many companies that hire from "accredited" training schools like community colleges will reimburse tuition.

Five-six (?) week course and he can have a job waiting for him. Get an entry level job, get experience, and move on up.

First year $60k+ with a good company, probably regional.  Avoid OTR.  Specialize.  Flatbed, food service, etc.

The last driver I trained to haul cars at my company was 25, had a wife and two kids, two cars and owned a house.  He started at Pepsi then worked for Sysco (foodservice).  He was making +/-$85k there but came to my company to make more.

I've got a few years and a million+ safe miles under my belt.  I work for the best company in my industry and I made the most money of my life in 2018.  Life is good.

I choose my own loads and run my own schedule (like all of our drivers).  As long as I work and haul cars and don't tear shit up I'm rewarded handsimely.  5 out of 5 driver rating last year.  This gives me a bump in my mileage pay and a much larger bonus.  My trainer pay is just more gravy for my meat and potatoes.

Those that don't work don't last.  In fact, the trainee I just mentioned just got a good, newer truck because the guy that was in it is now pursuing other opportunities.  He was a 2 out of 5 two years in a row.  He's gone.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/image000000_03_jpg-829156.JPG
View Quote
The problem I’ve had with hauling cars is getting my foot in the door quickly enough. We have Nissan and GM/Cadillac down at the old Saturn plant, and jobs rarely if ever come open, unless you’re a friend-of-a-friend. USAL posted a job opening and it was gone in hours.

I’d love to do it for the experience and $$, but like everything else, the first step is a doozy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
When I retired from the .mil, Sage Truck Driving School was about $4k. Military tuition assistance paid for half of mine since I was still active duty on terminal leave. A lot of folks seem to be able to get grant money from the state workforce centers.

The school was 5-6 weeks if I remember correctly. Mine was a little shorter since I didn't have to test out at the DOT Port. Second day of class we went to get our permits, but I walked out with a full license with all endorsements minus Hazmat. Wyoming waves the port test if you have tractor/trailer on your Military drivers license.

Started hauling water in the Oilfield, then Propane, then Frac heating. Seven months in, I got a call from a guy I met at Sage, and was asked if I would be interested in hauling fuel, and that's it. See you're in Texas, Oilfield driving might be a good way to get started.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got mine the old fashion way.

Paid the $86 and took the test.

The driving aspect was a cake walk compared to an f250 with a 35 foot gooseneck through cities. Pre-trip was the only thing I got points knocked off on. 2 points total down.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We're still a long way from driverless trucks.
View Quote
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top