Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet there are still people here saying there are safe parts of Mexico.
View Quote
They are welcome to come sit on the border in Harlingen at night and listen to the sporadic automatic gun fire. You know, the guns they buy at the gun show in Texas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Didn't we have some guy who tried to ride a motorcycle across central and South America and was murdered?
View Quote
Yep, it was a friend of a member here and an advrider.  I think they found pieces of him in black plastic bags.

That said, there have been thousands that have pulled it off without a concern.. and others that were threatened and felt that they barely made it through with their life intact.

Wrong place, wrong time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She gone.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
She gone.....
Quoted:
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:08:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why people still go to Mexico is beyond me.
View Quote
Two words.  Donkey ..... Shows.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#5]
More than likely raped dozens of times and then hacked into pieces. RIP
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not telling anyone what to do or where to go. Just curious, wondering how many of the posters who label Mexico a shithole have ever been there. Sure there are areas that are just like any town in America.
View Quote
And I'm not going to visit those areas, either
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why people still go to Mexico is beyond me.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
The only safe parts in mexico are the piles where robbers cut up stolen safes
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:12:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only reason there are cartels full of bad people is because of the war on drugs. I learned this here in GD. If we just make drugs legal, the cartels in Mexico will magically turn good, and won't kidnap, rape, torture and kill people anymore. Drugs are good, see?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself, but it must be so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We must invade Mexico, destroy all the drug cartel and any other bad people living there then seal our border.
The only reason there are cartels full of bad people is because of the war on drugs. I learned this here in GD. If we just make drugs legal, the cartels in Mexico will magically turn good, and won't kidnap, rape, torture and kill people anymore. Drugs are good, see?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself, but it must be so.
Cuz if the business model and profit potential of the cartels is removed by legalization then they’ll come to the US and start stealing flatscreen TVs from our living rooms and kidnapping our daughters for ransom from elementary schools. Legalization is bad, see? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it myself, but it must be so.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:23:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
... don't swim drunk at night, in the ocean, in waters that you're unfamiliar with
View Quote
This.  Going to unfamiliar third world shitholes with "the girls".  Walking around exploring in unfamiliar third world shitholes by herself at night.  Going swimming in questionable waters alone at night.

This sounds like many other stories where someone didn't think the world be like it be, only to find out that, in actuality, it do.  Inevitability finally caught up with her.  If it didn't happen here, it would have happened while she was riding a bike through Dhurkistan or hiking trails in bumfuck Panama or getting lost in Chicago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well we are on a site that has half it’s members deathly afraid of 40lbs dogs that kill 10X less people each year than ladders
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

So yeah...I'm that GD guy...
Well we are on a site that has half it’s members deathly afraid of 40lbs dogs that kill 10X less people each year than ladders
And spiders and non-venomous snakes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#12]
From the majority of posts about Mexico l would say no one should ever go to Vegas.
Especially to a country music show.

<<<guy who rides orange bikes in mex,
But has only been to Vegas once.
once was more than enough.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Was posted in the other dead Mexico tourist thread yesterday.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:26:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So you go to Cancun 3 times a month ? Something just aint right with that statement ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Y'all are a bunch of Nancy's.   I go to Cancun several times a month and have never felt any more in danger than I would walking around any city in CONUS.

I'm as gringo as it gets and the only issues I have is getting the guys pushing the clubs and strip clubs to stop following me.  I guess I have that "tourist in need of hooker" look.

So yeah...I'm that GD guy...
So you go to Cancun 3 times a month ? Something just aint right with that statement ?
Money mule? Cartels gotta get their clean cash after it’s been laundered by your local used car dealer somehow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why wouldn't they? Does committing suicide in a safe place cause it to become an unsafe place?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why wouldn't they? Does committing suicide in a safe place cause it to become an unsafe place?
You can't be that fucking dumb, can you?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:28:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Explore the town on her own" aka went slumming and got deaded.
View Quote
Drinking let out her inner slut and she went out to get some strange dick.

That dude dodged a big bullet. He didn't have to find out she was like that after marriage, a house, and two kids.

Her friends just left her drunk out there.  She must have been a pain in the ass to them while drunk too.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:29:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
If she decided to go exploring alone here in many US cites she would still end up dead.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#18]
People don’t think third world counties be viciuous but they is.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Is this the new pit bull thing? I am always so late
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Drinking let out her inner slut and she went out to get some strange dick.
View Quote
GD's fascination with 'strange dick' almost rivals its fascination of trannys.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not telling anyone what to do or where to go. Just curious, wondering how many of the posters who label Mexico a shithole have ever been there. Sure there are areas that are just like any town in America. Some good. Some bad. Have been going to Rivera Maya or Cozumel for about 20 years. Just like anywhere else, common sense is your friend.
View Quote
They just stay in their basements.  We are booked to Cozumel, 17 years in a row, very safe place.  Know several people that spend the entire winter there and they are still alive!  I'd bet on the ocean getting her, maybe a croc involved.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... don't swim drunk at night, in the ocean, in waters that you're unfamiliar with
View Quote
Yeah

Because drunk chicks go "swimming" at night.

Im sure that's the story the family wants to roll with.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:47:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like she made poor environmental decision.   Strong swimmer and usafe swimming conditions / alcohol can spell darwin award winner
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My brother and I strayed away from the touristy area of Cozumel when on a cruise a few years ago. It got extremely sketchy very quick. It's a stop on the cruise my family has booked next year. I don't think I'll get off the ship this time.
View Quote
I've been all over Cozumel a number of times and never had an issue.  I always rent a car and go all over the Island.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is it any worse than say Chicago?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Around two in the morning on Tuesday, a large mobilization took place that included personnel with Civil Protection and the Firefighters, the municipal Police, the Red Cross, and the Mexican Navy, in response to an emergency call that a woman had fallen into or entered the waters of the Caribbean Sea and had not returned to shore.

After hours of searching and finding nothing, it was suspected that it was a false alarm, since no one had been reported missing, however, a Naval boat continued to search on Tuesday morning, with no results. Officials, including the Director of Tourism and the Harbor Master hadn't received any reports of someone missing.

On Tuesday night around 10pm, a friend of the missing tourist appeared at the Prosecutor's office to file a complaint about her disappearance, which was sent to the Missing Person's Bureau in Cancun. Elizabeth M.S. said she had been staying at the Mia hotel with her friend, Caley Roberta Manning, 38, of Pennsylvania, who had not reappeared.

The office of the Public Prosecutor issued an ALBA alert with her photo, which was also distributed on social media by the municipal DIF. The case information was also sent to the federal office of the Procuradurías de la República.

When her disappearance came to light, there were many rumors, including that her body had been found by fishermen at el Cabezo (by Isla Contoy) which was not confirmed. According to Cristian Montenegro Aragon, coordinator of the Prosecutor's office of Investigation and Accusation, the version that seems most believable is that she was last seen in the (Tiny) Gecko bar, a short distance from the Rocamar hotel, after an argument with her boyfriend over the phone, who didn't accompany her on this vacation.

In her complaint, the friend said that when she heard the sound of the argument, she decided to leave the room, and when she returned, Ms. Manning was no longer there, so she went out to look for her, without success.

What the authorities are sure of is that the body has not appeared and the Prosecutor has no indication of the possible whereabouts of the foreigner, therefore, the Ministerial Police have been investigating the case among witnesses and the last people who saw Ms. Manning.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm going to Cozumel, I'll never go to Chicago.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been to Isla Mujeres many times. It's sliding from perfect island paradise to drug infested hell hole. Somewhere in the middle at this point. I can't walk down hidalgo any longer without being hustled to buy drugs multiple times.

I'll be down there over Christmas. If I stop posting you guys will know what's up.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many times have you been to Cancun and what do you know that wasn't posted in the news article?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do Mexicans have bunker busters?
View Quote
Stole my post. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Searchers: "Hey did you two guys see a blonde American woman walking around last night?"

Rapists/Murderers: "Yeah man, we saw her down by the sea wall. Said something about maybe going for a swim."
View Quote
That's what I'm thinking.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:22:04 AM EDT
[#33]
We're headed to Cancun and Isla Mujeres in January, who wants dibs on guns?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Several posts up:

"....the version that seems most believable is that she was last seen in the (Tiny) Gecko bar, a short distance from the Rocamar hotel, after an argument with her boyfriend over the phone, who didn't accompany her on this vacation.

In her complaint, the friend said that when she heard the sound of the argument, she decided to leave the room, and when she returned, Ms. Manning was no longer there, so she went out to look for her, without success."

Then from the OP article:

"One night she stayed out to explore the town on her own, according to Smith.

“The next morning her roommate contacted me and asked if I had talked to her, and I said no,” said Smith[the boyfriend]."

Huge difference in stories.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If it was just her being drunk and going swimming at night in a dangerous area then you can't really blame it on Mexico.  Not that I would vacation in Mexico, which I would like to, I want to see those pyramids.
View Quote
Right...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are.

I routinely correct them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:25:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Blonde hair blue eyes light skin pretty much like a white rabbit at a black panther party
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:31:33 AM EDT
[#39]
She probably shit herself to death.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#40]
wonder how many of the guys saying "why would anyone go to mexico?"  have actually been to mexico.  just got back from riviera maya and isla mujeres, no problem. actually felt safer there than when i went to vegas early in the year, now talk about a drug infested city...
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#41]
What kind of female friend lets another female friend go out alone when it's a girls get away in mexico or any city that has a high crime rate.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are... NEW Mexico.
View Quote
There are no hot spring breakers in New Mexico
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been to Isla Mujeres many times. It's sliding from perfect island paradise to drug infested hell hole. Somewhere in the middle at this point. I can't walk down hidalgo any longer without being hustled to buy drugs multiple times.

I'll be down there over Christmas. If I stop posting you guys will know what's up.
View Quote
That was happening at least 15 years ago, the last time I visited the island.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
If she was lucky, it was over in less than a day or two.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:56:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
What kind of female friend lets another female friend go out alone when it's a girls get away in mexico or any city that has a high crime rate.
View Quote
Because she giggled naughtily while the victim left with a local man to get vacation dick. I can hear the friend now, your boyfriend is a controlling asshole. You should leave with that swarthy fellow to show your bf that he doesn’t control you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I spent about 12 hours in Mexico in 2017 on my honeymoon cruise and I see zero reason to go back.  Even in a “tourist” town, it’s a fucking third world shithole.

Bums literally fucking everywhere (worse than LA), bums manning the public restrooms (if you can call them that, some were actual holes in the ground in a building) demanding money to use them, drunk tour bus drivers, dudes selling drugs brazenly at this stupid tourist flea market.  Food wasn’t even that good.

That country and everyone in it can go eat a dick.

ETA:  My favorite part, was sitting at this little bar/restaurant in the touristy bar area of the city we were in.  They had a cop sitting at the entrance to this place who had a rifle.  Dude was drinking beers and walking around flagging everyone with the damn thing.  Then he leaned it up against a wall and disappeared for 15-20 minutes.  Fucking. Shithole.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not telling anyone what to do or where to go. Just curious, wondering how many of the posters who label Mexico a shithole have ever been there. Sure there are areas that are just like any town in America. Some good. Some bad. Have been going to Rivera Maya or Cozumel for about 20 years. Just like anywhere else, common sense is your friend.
View Quote
That's idiotic.
Poverty is everywhere
The cops are corrupt
People just disappear there all the time
Criminal gangs are rampant in the country

The murder rate is 3x as high in Mexico as the US.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't go to Chicago either.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:08:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are... NEW Mexico.
Bullshit, there are plenty on the beaches there.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top