Posted: 4/12/2023 6:55:25 AM EDT
Damn.......

Woman Paralyzed After Chiropractor Visit

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#1]
"Playing the piano."

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:23:37 AM EDT
[#2]
More common than you would think. When my sister was an intern at Baylor’s rehab center she had 2 patients who had been severely fucked up by Chiropractors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I know more people who've been seriously injured by Chiropractors, than people they've helped.

Chiros are quacks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Nope. My mom is still dealing with the aftereffects of a bad chiro appt. Had her 3rd back surgery a month ago.

She should sue, but she insists on not doing it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#5]
This is what has kept me from going to a Chiro, despite my friends swearing by them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Ring Dinger or Magic Hug?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I get my back cracked but I don't let a chiro yank my neck around.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:44:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Clearing Out Upper Trap Pain and Headaches - Neck CRUNCHES and Soft Tissue Manipulation
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]
in before the usual defenders of chiropractors

Chiropractic Almost KILLED This Patient | Surgeon Reacts to Chiropractor Accidents & Injury
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
They aren't doing anything other than popping things out like cracking your knuckles

Then they break your fucking neck and you will never walk again

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:50:23 AM EDT
[#11]
How many "medical misadventures" by "real doctors" are swept under the rug?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:50:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ring Dinger or Magic Hug?
View Quote

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:51:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Freak accident

Sorta like a covid vaccine reaction

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are they doing things they were taught to do by their profession?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:55:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Generally, isn't that how it goes when you do something that disfigures, or kills someone?

An act or continuing conduct of a professional which does not meet the standard of professional competence and results in provable damages to his/her client or patient. Such an error or omission may be through negligence, ignorance (when the professional should have known), or intentional wrongdoing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:57:35 AM EDT
[#16]
My cousin had a stroke in her mid 20s after seeing one a few years back.

Sued him and won
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:12:55 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Quackery. But then, so is so much of traditional medicine, (e.g. mRNA Covid-19 vaccines).
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#18]
True story. Ex fil went to chiropractor, got adjusted and a broken vertebrae which set off a trip to the hospital finding stage 4 esophageal cancer and many broken vertebrae.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#19]
I keep being told that I should go to one, my neck is seriously fucked up, but I can and do regularly crack it myself. I trust myself not to break my own neck/back, but another person? Fuck no.

Also I don’t believe that you can “realign” a neck or spine simply by popping it, it just provides some temporary relief for me when I do it myself. Otherwise I would have a perfect spine after doing it myself for over 15 years.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:21:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I know more people who've been seriously injured by Chiropractors, than people they've helped.

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

This 100%

Many times they are discredited in legal pursuits.  They are not orthopedists or neurologists and do not carry the expertise to overcome the opinion of one.

Visit one at your own risk.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#21]

I think this is the THICC chiro @midcap be having the feelz for, fr fr
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Get a foam roller and an inversion table.

Once you start down the road of having your back cracked....then comes the endless....."adjustments"

FTS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

Only the ones not educated at Palmer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Dr Brenda!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:34:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Isn’t medical malpractice like the third leading cause of death in America?

Chiros aren’t the only quacks.

Stop going to the doctor. Everyone complains about the cost of healthcare, but it’s a supply and demand issue. Our local hospital is always packed and my mom practically lives there. I don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

2/3 of the employees where I work go to the same Chiropractor.
When I found out he treats tendinitis I went to see him after years of no help from MD.
Chiro used a TENS on me, after a few visits I was better than I had been in years.

Chiro total cost for all visits was a couple hundred.  I spent thousands at Doctors that didn't help at all and just pushed drugs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:41:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I quit going to the Chiro after a co-worker had a stroke from.a visit
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:44:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is what has kept me from going to a Chiro, despite my friends swearing by them.
View Quote

Same. 100% The click bait cracking videos on YT and TT only drive people to use them. I love a good neck or lower back pop, but the risk of an incorrect manipulation resulting in injury/death is a risk I am not willing to take.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#29]
QUACK!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:47:58 AM EDT
[#30]
This is news to me. Never heard of anyone getting fucked up by a chiropractor. One straightened my back out when I was a teenager, then another issue in my twenties. Have had the need since. Coworkers go for adjustments now and then.

If anything, I say the person probably had issues beyond a chiropractor's ability and chose the cheap way out(chiropractor vs surgery), and found a chiropractor dumb enough to attempt it.

I do know people that's been turned away from chiropractors because they had issues that would have been complicated by getting yanked around on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:55:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This

"man goes blind getting routine lasik"

"man loses leg after routine operation"

"woman dies on table after routine surgery"

everything everyone does has a chance to kill you

this is simply sensationalism to try to push a specific viewpoint without being statistically important

"small plane crashes and kills pilot"

"motorcyclist dies when tire blows out on routine ride to work"

"man dies while slipping and falling in shower"

catch a trend there......  It's stupid people telling stupid exceptions to the norm to push a agenda

this particular one is "chiro bad, me smart, me nooooo dooooo"

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a reason to avoid unnecessary procedures/drugs rather than one to justify visiting other high risk practitioners.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I've said it before and I'll say it again..
That Ring Dinger will fuck you up...
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#35]
chiros are quacks, I cant believe so many people still use them.

Find a good licensed massage therapist, it works a million times better for actual back and neck pain than the loony toons shit the chiros do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Generally, isn't that how it goes when you do something that disfigures, or kills someone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An act or continuing conduct of a professional which does not meet the standard of professional competence and results in provable damages to his/her client or patient. Such an error or omission may be through negligence, ignorance (when the professional should have known), or intentional wrongdoing.

Now do chiropractors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:10:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Chiros are quacks.
View Quote

Paint with a broad brush much? Just like docs, lawyers, etc, there are dip shits in every discipline.  Look at Joebama. Graduated at the bottom of his class, and he’s running the cuntry.

I’ve run into so many dizzy fuckers with “MD” behind their names than I care to count.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:17:51 AM EDT
[#38]
While I was seeing a chiro on a regular basis years ago I all of a sudden had a herniated disc in my neck.  

Like really bad.  I was not in an accident.  Nothing happened to me.  

I just had a herniated disc with no reason that made sense to me.  

I have always wondered if it was the chiro who did it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

My first thought as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

A bunch. My wife works for a neurosurgical doctors group and they have a majority senior partner Neurosurgeon that is in his early 70's have 3-4 surgeries within the last year were the patient has come out paralyzed that should not have. The minority partners are trying to get him to semi-retire and just do office consults.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:19:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Same. 100% The click bait cracking videos on YT and TT only drive people to use them. I love a good neck or lower back pop, but the risk of an incorrect manipulation resulting in injury/death is a risk I am not willing to take.
View Quote

Yep.  "But it looks so cool!!"  Us older people ( I mean older than 45) know they are quacks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I keep being told that I should go to one, my neck is seriously fucked up, but I can and do regularly crack it myself. I trust myself not to break my own neck/back, but another person? Fuck no.

Also I don't believe that you can "realign" a neck or spine simply by popping it, it just provides some temporary relief for me when I do it myself. Otherwise I would have a perfect spine after doing it myself for over 15 years.
View Quote
A DO (Doctor of Osteopathic medicine) is what everyone who goes to chiro should seek out.  Once you have had muscle groups/out of alignment ribs & vertabrae correctly adjusted by a DO you will fully realize Chiro is a scam.  And a DO is actually a physician who can do everything else an MD can, unlike a Chiro.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they are not.   Johns Hopkins study conducted in 2019 found out that mistakes and negligence by medical professional kill between 250,000 and 350,000 people each year in the US.  At the low end it is the third leading cause of death.  At the high end the it is the third leading  cause of death in the US.  They arrived at these numbers by merely looking at COD on hospital death certificates.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#44]
The chiropractors I have gone to were nothing like the folks on these YT videos. Some have taught me stretches for muscle pain, worked out some neck pinches, taken care of ear aches, etc. The spine twisting stuff scares me and I wouldn't let anyone do that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:04:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No they are not.   Johns Hopkins study conducted in 2019 found out that mistakes and negligence by medical professional kill between 250,000 and 350,000 people each year in the US.  At the low end it is the third leading cause of death.  At the high end the it is the third leading  cause of death in the US.  They arrived at these numbers by merely looking at COD on hospital death certificates.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you not see the difference here?

The medical profession requires professionals to operate to evidence-based standards.

Chiropractic starts with "manipulations" based on what feels good, and anything in chiropractic that is actually shown to be safe and effective can and will become a treatment employed by real medical professionals.

The former are considered to have conducted a "misadventure" if they deviate from what the profession teaches and it injures people. Procedures, techniques, drugs, etc. are constantly evaluated and can and do get prohibited or replaced as new evidence surfaces.

The latter injure people simply doing what the profession teaches them to do.

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:16:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Friend had his gallbladder taken out, Doctor cut his liver on accident and didnt notice and stitched him back up. almost killed him.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#47]
All Doctors make mistakes
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go start a thread about it.  This one is about Chiropractors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Way more than Chiropractors.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top