Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 10/12/2015 6:33:05 PM EDT
Integrating women into combat will eventually force lawmakers to have an "emotional discussion and debate" about whether women should also be part of the draft, the Army secretary said Monday.

John McHugh said it's still too early to discuss whether women should have to sign up for the Selective Service as men have. But, as the military drives toward a Jan. 1 deadline to open some or all combat positions to women, McHugh acknowledged the country will need to have the conversation if women have the same opportunities in the military as men.

"If your objective is true and pure equality, then you have to look at all aspects and at some point Selective Service will have to be one of those things considered very carefully," McHugh said on the first day of the Association of the United States Army's annual meeting in Washington.
View Quote

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/army-leader-raises-specter-of-drafting-women/article/2573901?custom_click=rss
So, what does the hive mind think?   If women are to be granted equal opportunity, they should also have to shoulder equal responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:35:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Equal rights is what they want, Then equal rights is what they shall get.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Equality ain't all it's cracked up to be.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Either everyone or no one should be required to sign up for selective service. End of story.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either everyone or no one should be required to sign up for selective service. End of story.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some SJW
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
'bout fuckin time.

ETA:  Equal rights, equal responsibilities...
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Such is the death knell for Rosie the Riveter
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I said yes, but you know they'll just get preggers before they ever have to go into harm's way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#9]
What's good for the goose...

Women want to be treated equally, well, sign the form, even if nothing comes of it.

Chris
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Equality ain't all it's cracked up to be.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Equality and all. They want the right to serve in combat arms then they should get the duty to go along with it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I said yes, but you know they'll just get preggers before they ever have to go into harm's way.
View Quote

Depo shots should be mandatory for active duty female soldiers.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, that's an easy fix.  Mandatory birth control.  Getting knocked up would be an Article 15 offense.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#14]
There should be no draft under any circumstances.  All voluntary military only.  Supplemented by contractors.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#15]
The draft made sense before nuclear ICBMs existed. Drones have made it even sillier.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't see the purpose of "signing up" for Selective Service.

ETA: I remember a thread here awhile back and was surprised to see how many people skipped it.

https://www.sss.gov/Registration/Check-a-Registration/Verification-Form
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I guess the .000001% of women that want to be in combat arms are going to be forcing their equality on everyone else.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:06:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Considering the fact that it can have severe side effects and isn't appropriate for all women, that's a terrible idea. Why not just put all male soldiers on Lopressor while you're at it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#20]
On one hand I say yes.  If they want equality they have to take the good with the bad.
On the other hand they tend to get bitchy and camplain when they have to go somewhere or do something they don't want to do.
Does the military really want to put up with that?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ETA: I remember a thread here awhile back and was surprised to see how many people skipped it.

View Quote

I honestly couldn't remember doing it, but apparently I did in January 1998. I would have been 19, so I guess I procrastinated.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#22]
They are in Israel
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No. Considering the fact that it can have severe side effects and isn't appropriate for all women, that's a terrible idea. Why not just put all male soldiers on Lopressor while you're at it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  Make it a condition of enlistment for all sexes
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Yep and we can get rid of women's sports at all levels.  You know being equal and all.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There should be no draft under any circumstances.  All voluntary military only.  Supplemented by contractors.
View Quote

I agree, but as long as there is going to be a Selective Service, registration should not be based upon sex.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#26]
The "progressives" want equal rights but they absolutely do not want equal responsibility. Women are just the latest group. Muslims, gays, blacks all came long before and touted the same tired line of bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can say with absolute certainty that I'll never get pregnant.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Damn right they should! If they want to be in the combat arms MOS's, they should have to be involuntarily placed in'em... just like men would be in the case of a draft.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes, because it would be sexist if they didn't
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Yup. They want to be treated equal then they can sign up for selective service.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#32]
'separate but equal' is not equal.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Equal rights is what they want, Then equal rights is what they shall get.
View Quote

first post and all...
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Shojld be grounds for a class action suit against the government for all males who are required to when women aren't.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Call me old fashioned, I ain't no SJW, so...no, I don't want my wife or my hypothetical future daughters being drafted.

I have no problem forcing all liberal SJWs to sign up though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
this

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have a solution for pre deployment pregnancy then? Male pregnancy has never been an issue. The only other idea I can come up with is UCMJ punishment for getting knocked up on duty. Dishonorable discharge and some time in the brig.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
this

If the combat exclusion rule is done away with, than yes they should since they reason they were not required to was of combat exclusion rule
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Actually, the Service Women's Action Network (SWAN), the main driver for the inclusion of women in Ranger School, combat, CJCS, etc. actually advocates for females to have to register for the draft.

They are willing to sacrifice all women for the harridan few that want to climb the ranks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You have a solution for pre deployment pregnancy then?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what happens to a male if he negligently renders himself physically unfit to deploy?
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

what happens to a male if he negligently renders himself physically unfit to deploy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends if we are we talking training injury or shooting yourself in the foot because there are already mechanisms in place for that. Pregnancy is pretty easily avoidable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Holy fuck yes! Equal rights, equal responsibility.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:10:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry feminists, selective service doesn't mean selective equality.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You have a solution for pre deployment pregnancy then? Male pregnancy has never been an issue. The only other idea I can come up with is UCMJ punishment for getting knocked up on duty. Dishonorable discharge and some time in the brig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There really isn't a perfect solution. Either UCMJ or deployment anyway, but even those aren't ideal. Then again, if drafted, you are mandating women give over some of the very limited number of reproductive years they have in service to their country while prohibiting them from reproducing, without placing a similar prohibition on the men. As it stands right now, UCMJ if a pregnancy occurs in the lead up to a deployment during an initial enlistment.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Depends if we are we talking training injury or shooting yourself in the foot because there are already mechanisms in place for that. Pregnancy is pretty easily avoidable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same mechanisms can apply, realistically. They would also not Apply if the woman was pregnant prior to receiving deployment orders.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shojld be grounds for a class action suit against the government for all males who are required to when women aren't.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

That has been done before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rostker_v._Goldberg
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I honestly couldn't remember doing it, but apparently I did in January 1998. I would have been 19, so I guess I procrastinated.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You slacker. I signed up on 9/15/06, 4 days after I turned 18. Maybe it was because my birthday sucks?

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:16:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

agreed. you volunteered.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#50]
yep, with equal rights comes equal responsibilities
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top