Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Crap, I have too much time on my hands today, lol.  Found a tiny Chewbacca at Walmart when I went to get Velcro instead of ACE.  Fit just right, lol!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just got over to cousins and we are rethinking the multi-mountain.  Here's where we are at currently.  Structuring a tunnel, led strands just came in today so we can build up around the tunnel and keep it going.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking great man! I really dig that Ford body also!

You're a styrofoam hoarder like me I see lol, my garage is full of shit that I've brought home from work for the course.. now that the weather is looking a little warmer the days ahead I might actually get to start on my setup.

I've been ripping the Kaiju daily but no videos yet, its a little hard to video in one hand and to drive this f'r with the other lol. Going to order some 3s batteries soon to run it on 6s.

I ordered a cheap mini GPS speedometer to do some speed runs with the rc's we have here and I been thinking about grabbing a WLToys 144001 to mod for a speed run car. Stock they hit about 40 but people have been modding them and getting over 100mph.
I would like to hit 70 with it, which would be real easy to do but fun.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you again!

Yeah, before I got 9 of these scx24's, I had like maybe one piece of styro on my property.  Now, it's like Sanford & Son up in here, lol!  That is ok though, we keep finding drops and such from the new home builds in my cousin's development that we wait for the subcontractors to get a throw away pile together, then we pick at it.  New homeowners and interior subs are tossing ceiling fan boxes away with huge chunks of good foam to use as a starting base as they are hollowed out and create a lightweight course.  Got some video of the newest, 3 piece mountain layout and I think this whole thing weighs in around 10lbs, ha!  These are hard enough to video while crawling, I couldn't imagine trying to film and drive the blue beast of yours.  I sure can't do it well when driving my Baja Rey trucks.  My cousin videos that while I drive.  I may try the controller mount, just haven't got there with all my/our other RC projects.

My UDR has the app to my phone for all the on-board info. It is pretty cool, I think you'll like the GPS thing.

Woo-Hoo!  All finished and beginning texture tomorrow night, into the weekend!

The cheap assed tunnel with led lights we rigged up in like 15 minutes is pretty cool though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I watched some youtubes on the WL buggy, seems cool enough!  I haven't got bit by the 10th scale buggy's quite yet, buuuut....

Speaking of buggy's....I Also got a new buggy tube framed body for one of my Deadbolts or C10's coming in I won off ebay for $55 bucks.  Should arrive tomorrow or Saturday.  Fresh color change paint on panels even.  Same frame as my cousins, too except my front hood panel has some more details to it than his does.  His is just flat, no impressions.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That mountain is insane! You have gone off the deep end, but it looks fun as hell.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol, yuuup!  Getting a coat of primer on and some end highlights tonight!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Getting some grouting done today on one of the three sections.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Sections 2 and 3 up next!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Got after the other two section a bit last night and came to a stopping point for the night.  Might be done today, might not.  Got some yardwork and a bday party later so may not get much of any grouting or painting in to finish up.  We are about 70% done, I think.  Changed up one of the larger ramps after coming up with the idea of making the left one into a piece of fallen road or bridge.  Its getting black painted with yellow lane stripe.  We kind of joked about how that broken bridge may lead into our next mountainous sections project story....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Woo-hoo!  Last night, I got the f250/Deadbolt long travel rear set up along with front is working nicely.  Shocks position a little differently with Deadbolt mounts, but after flipping the rear shock mounts from left to right and right to left, she's a floatin' over stuff just right; ready for this mountain set!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

F250 Deadbolt quickly becoming a favorite!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Forgot, M/T Grabbers arrived the other day and wow, what a difference!  Definitely the new favorite!

Just need the brass 7mm hex weights to arrive this week and should be golden.  Ahhh, that new tire smell!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You got it!  A little LED goes a long way especially on these little guys.  Heck, I have a mini-mag in my fishing bag that has got me out a few jams in early morning darkness.  The keychain sized one in gunmetal grey.

Well, got a bday this month coming up and the wife got me this pre-ordered yesterday in orange :

Axial RBX10 Orange

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/product_AXI03005t1_rbx10_ryft_front3-4_9-1776359.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/t1_rear3-4_950_jpg-1776362.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/t1_side_950_jpg-1776364.JPG

Says next shipment is January but we'll see.  As long as the world as we know it doesn't end, I should have some more pics and vids up of this one in a couple/few weeks.

Pretty excited to see how this one will play out!  No lights come with this but I will fix that and have some aluminum beadlock wheels inbound as well.  Just need to find these particular tires for sale without being glued to rims.
View Quote

Holy Momma!  The RBX10 Ryft is finally on a FedEx truck and delivering this Friday by 8pm!  The mini family of scx24's anxiously awaits its arrival, too!

Attachment Attached File

I think I also may convert one Mint green C10 still with this buggy body I just got, or buy another Jeep or Deadbolt to mod my local hobby shop has a wall of all the models for $119.00 plus tax.  Screw these ebay prices lately, I ain't rich, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure is nice having a 3d printer guy right in the next office from mine, lol.  He did these up for me last night and set them on my desk this morning.  Just sent him free stp files from thingaverse or something like that.  He's doing me 4 sets of Deadbolt high clearance links early next week, too.  Got to take him to lunch!

Attachment Attached File

My Ryft is on FedEx truck driving around right now as well!
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice group shot! I'm gonna have to snag those files off of thingiverse. A 3D printer is on my shortlist but I have one at work :)

Another Kaiju was added to the family, my daughters boyfriend bought one

Attachment Attached File

She also bought a Arrma Typhon 3s BLX, its a ripper!  My daughter bashes hard, her Tornado already needs new tires, wheels, shocks and shock towers. All are on order and she opted for the heavier duty billet towers.
I can only imagine what she is gonna break with this 60mph beast lol!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice twins!!

That's awesome that she uses it as intended and that your at the ready to help!

Here's mine and my cousins twinsies!  Arrived around noonish today!

Flippin badass guys, not much else needs to be said.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quick way to add 5g to your rear pumpkin!  I found some skulls in my daughter's paracord stuff, "borrowed" a couple and added to front bumper and rear cover until brass ones arrive.  Will probably glue them to brass ones as well.  Fitting for Deadbolt.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And doin great on the steep test side of the little hills.  Stock motor, gears and tires still.  This is medium setting on controller.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Those Ryfts look badass!! Much Jelly!

Great crawling and clever use of the skulls! Hmmm... maybe I should go rustle through my wifes jewelry box lol!

Oh and there has been ANOTHER addition to the family, my daughter bought yet another RC... This time an Arrma Big Rock 3s BLX V3... can't comment on it yet as she forgot to charge the battery she bought for it lol!
Took the cars to a nearby school to run on their soccer field and to bash on their dirt piles from construction and she realized she forgot to charge the new battery..

Big Rock fresh out of box with non charged battery lol!
Attachment Attached File

The Big Rock is 1/10 scale but looks tiny compared to the Kaiju's. I cant wait to give it a run, Big Rocks are 50+ mph machines and hopefully its still in one piece the next time she comes over lol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sure is nice having a 3d printer guy right in the next office from mine, lol.  He did these up for me last night and set them on my desk this morning.  Just sent him free stp files from thingaverse or something like that.  He's doing me 4 sets of Deadbolt high clearance links early next week, too.  Got to take him to lunch!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/IMG_20210305_113126_jpg-1852586.JPG

My Ryft is on FedEx truck driving around right now as well!
View Quote

What material is he using to print those with?
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:08:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Those Ryfts look badass!! Much Jelly!

Great crawling and clever use of the skulls! Hmmm... maybe I should go rustle through my wifes jewelry box lol!

Oh and there has been ANOTHER addition to the family, my daughter bought yet another RC... This time an Arrma Big Rock 3s BLX V3... can't comment on it yet as she forgot to charge the battery she bought for it lol!
Took the cars to a nearby school to run on their soccer field and to bash on their dirt piles from construction and she realized she forgot to charge the new battery..

Big Rock fresh out of box with non charged battery lol!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/IMG_6946_JPG-1856784.JPG

The Big Rock is 1/10 scale but looks tiny compared to the Kaiju's. I cant wait to give it a run, Big Rocks are 50+ mph machines and hopefully its still in one piece the next time she comes over lol.
View Quote

Lol, yeah, just be sure she's busy with something else before your jewelry heist!

Daaaang, those Kaiju's are huuuuge!  That pic takes up half a lane or better!  That is awesome that she get's into these on her own and drives them accordingly!!  I kind of did the same darn thing on Friday, rushed home grabbed all my scx24 stuff and the RBX10 box and left my Smart Battery and Spektrum charger I got at home in their boxes....happens to us all!  Then my cousin pulled his back Saturday morning so we didn't even get to run them yet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 7:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What material is he using to print those with?
View Quote

He just left and said, "Bye" to me as he passed, too.  I just sent him a text and about to head out on my way home.  I know they are solid fill, not hollow or supported....Standby and I will report back in this post!

Edit:  He texted back "PETG".
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, a very cool ebay seller sent me some grey high clearance links with pivot balls installed for free and I'm converting em all!

Attachment Attached File

Also got my brass hexes and put them on grey and green C10's and got the CR18 chrome grabbers on killer grip and weights!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Also found this trailer in my die-cast collection and jumped on ebay and found two more for $5 and $9 lol!

Trailer life!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Mocked up with ziptie for now on hitch I glued together to 3d print later out of an xmaxx power switch shock tower chopped piece and two servo horns, lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Pretty cool setup with the trailer. I dig it!

Have you installed a barrage motor in any of your scx24s yet?

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Cool! Thanks for the pics.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pretty cool setup with the trailer. I dig it!

Have you installed a barrage motor in any of your scx24s yet?

View Quote

Thanks!  If anyone was wondering these are a Maisto 1:24/1:25 scale trailers.

Nope, haven't had the need to Barage upgrade these yet.  They are getting everything course-wise with stock setups so far.  It's definitely going to happen one day, though!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cool! Thanks for the pics.
View Quote

Thank you for checking out my posts!!  You bet, my pleasure!
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, not sure what I'm going to do with a third one, but for $300 sealed/NIB and 19 minutes from my house, um...ok!  Just got home from this transaction.  Still not sure why I keep coming across these either.  I wasn't even supposed to be on the internet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Aaaand another SXC24 Ebay find from earlier this week that I won arrived today @ $160.02 shipped to my door.  Not a bad take on RC's this week.  Now I have a Jeep model for myself to run with the wife.  Turns out, not only does it have all factory box, doc.'s and stock items/take-offs, but it came with a slew of Treal, Hot Racing, Axial, Emax servo/servo tray, Power Hobby shocks and misc. extras already in place.  New tire & wheel combo that is growing on me as well.  Thing is like new!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Trying one of those stinger bumpers my buddy printed me.  Fits good anyways, just wish it had light holes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

A little Saturday morning coffee and problem solved!  Forgot I had another bumper with light holes.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#26]
So, dusted off my modded Baja Rey yesterday and went for a spin aaaaand had her broke in 10 minutes lol.

I've got to say, I'm not a fan of the Hot Racing links for this application. Weakpoints are shown here...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

So went back to the stock links and while apart had to try something as this one is so powerful, the stock tires just didn't get traction I need, so last night went from this...

Attachment Attached File

To this!  Runs, handles and traction is great now with no crazy flips with body panels off.  Going to run today in daylight to confirm function and if all goes well, trim up the fenders and leave this as a monster basher!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/1/2021 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Thing is in beast-mode now!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Ran rather well in beast mode, actually.  So trimmed up body panels this morning to make clearance and so much better!  Gotta scoot to Aunt's for Easter with family and hopefully get some more runs in this afternoon with body on and modded on way home.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#29]
That is prob my favorite body out of all the ones you have posted.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I really like it, too.  Wish I had more time to customize it!

Rounded off my scx24 collection and used some ebay bucks to get the yellow jeep model.  I boxed up the perfect body and slapped this yellow modded body on last night.  Won it for $84 shipped to me lnib and only needed a battery of which I have a bunch of laying around.  I like this chopped and fender trimmed body so threw on the skid bars and going to get to the chassis/suspension and wheels next!

Hopefully Axial makes more in different bodies soon.  But if not, I may just pick up more to do my custom body projects laying around everywhere.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Need to do a custom Blue Betty with this top I got for $25 shipped, too!

Attachment Attached File

The guy that sold me my first of three Monster Rock Rey buggies back in January, gave me a new in box Monster LED light for $40 last week so I am setting up a Monster car rack, lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just threw some Jerry cans and a tow chain on Ol Bender that an ebay seller tossed in the pkg when I won some other stuff of theirs.  Figured better on this body than in the drawer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Messing around a bit before bed and this happened to the new yellow Jeep, lol!

Just need a new steering link and some brass hexes now!

EDIT 4-11-21:  Update, got 3-sets of grey Treal steering links inbound!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I guess I need to get back on ebay.  I have been checking local and on Facebook but don't find any good deals.  Everything is over priced ragged out garbage.  Tons of 2wd brushed traxxas trucks that no one wants.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Yeah, I hit/win about 1 in 10 auctions I go for.  I am never just looking for one thing though, either.  I almost picked up another Rock Rey yesterday like new on shelf for $300 about 18 miles away....I hesitated like a summy for a half an hour and it slipped away.  It was the yellow one and I have the three Monster ones already now since I started this thread, but the yellow one would've surely got used.  So, even I get caught slippin on both venues, lol!

The good part is I was genuinely happy someone got hooked up and someone was there to hook them up yet again!  Keeps my hopes up I'll get another shot at something cool!

I'll send positive thoughts your way partner!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#34]
These high clearance links sure are nifty, too!  Highly-recommended!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These two seem to approve, ha!  Wife found a set of these again at Target.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got the crew all hot glued in wife's Jeep now too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Next project!  Just took top off a stock C10 in green.  Taking my ebay buggy top with aluminum panels in white and red and getting started on another something-something.

This is as far as I've got but looking promising as a buggy.  Especially after some red and silver shocks and new MT Grabbers on white beadlocks and some black or green high clearance links.  I have the stock buggy's interior as well, just took it off to mock up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Orrrr, maybe this other body with the metallic panels and chrome wheels and tires like yellow Jeep....decisions, decisions.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#36]
So, kind of got sidetracked on buggy build when I finally found four of these 1:24 scale rc of Gravedigger that we were discussing earlier.  $40 shipped for all 4 and started two projects so far with one and gave my cousin another one.

One project is a Gravedigger on a C10 of course then swapped to Deadbolt wheels on that one and awaiting some more body mounts before finishing.
Project two was the rollcage leftover from that rc.  Put it on yet another C10 and a little snipping to clear new shocks and tower swap sides in rear and my usual shock/wheel combo upgrades and this rock basher is really sweet!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

She's got no issues so far either!  I want to paint the exhaust and coil towers but need to find a paint that sticks to this plastic good.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I guess I need to get back on ebay.  I have been checking local and on Facebook but don't find any good deals.  Everything is over priced ragged out garbage.  Tons of 2wd brushed traxxas trucks that no one wants.
View Quote

I am always still seeing a BUNCH of stuff like that, too.  It's like no one has ever even heard of an air compressor to blow off after runs....or at least before one tries to list a $200 truck for $400, ha!

Well, I have been wanting to try one of these, too, for a long while and apparently for me, $300 is a magic number lately on OfferUp.  Picked this LNIB Losi Tenacity TT Pro up yesterday 5 minutes from my house around noon for 3 bills and although I wanted the black and yellow model, this one’s not too shabby a truck either!
Not sure if you have had any luck on the eBay searches or have that OfferUp platform where you're are at, but it has saved me a bunch of money in this hobby already which keeps it going for sure.  I have been surfing eBay but nothing has screamed at me.  Was watching another Rock Rey but this TT Pro was a better opportunity/price and too good to pass up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes Sir it intrigued me as well!

I wanted a Tenacity Buggy some time ago, mainly for open wheel look.  I'm glad I waited.  I'm thinking with the 4-wheel a-arms set up, it will be a much tighter truck handling wise than my Baja Rey trucks.  My cousin's Slash schools my Rey's in the corners.  I pull a little ahead on the straightaways, though.  Which is kind of strange as my truck is a boat anchor compared to his in weight.  There is actually another one on OfferUp locally in the black and yellow and it keeps dropping in price.  I'll have to get out with this one and "love" it first, however, before going after another one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Nice Gravedigger mod. I converted my digger back to the its original Deadbolt form. The cage is a neat setup, I like that.
Oh and congrats on that Losi I've been wanting to get a short course truck, been eyeballing the Arrma Senton 3s BLX V3...

We've been bashing the Kaiju's, Typhon and Big Rock every weekend. Added some extra LED lights to the front of the Kaiju to accompany the stock lights
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also ordered a new GPS Speed Reader, the cheap one I ordered before was a little wonky and didn't have a fast refresh rate.
Replaced it with the SkyRC GSM020 Performance Analyzer and its awesome. Has Drag, Track and Flying modes. Measures top & average speeds, acceleration and G force, distance and time and also peak altitude.

Attachment Attached File

The module mounts in the rc and you pull the data from your phone via the bluetooth app.

This data pulled from a cheap Arrma Granite Voltage 2WD, it had a brushed 540 motor but I added a Hobbywing 1060 Brushed ESC and a 550 12T motor along with a 19T pinion and increased the speed from 20 mph to 31 mph. This unit will come in handy for a future speed run build.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2021 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you!  I am really, really liking the cage frames.  So much so that I found the puppy dog 1:24 monster jam truck on Offerup for $10 right by my office NIB because it has a black chassis like this one.  I guess there's a shark, too.  I wonder what its chassis is like???

I also am partial to the black Arrma Senton you are after.  She's a looker and gets decent enough reviews in my book.

I like the lights you picked for that beast.  The round classic KC/PIAA look.

It's been a while since I read your post and just a few days before you posted I was actually looking at the GPS analyzer on ebay.  Now that you've posted, its probably worth a shot at trying one.  I wonder how high I'd have to jump to measure elevation changes accurately, lol.

I found this pretty neat crawler body for $40 in my neighborhood last weekend on Offerup and it's mocking up nicely on the Nightcrawler SE so far!  So this got my attention going back another project direction, ha!  Squirrel!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Also been taking a couple hours a night this week to put together another section of indoor course since weather is warming up!

It's creeping along, about halfway done.  Don't know why I saved all the TP rolls...was probably going to do some TP shortage art piece, lol.  Oh well!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked this pair up off ebay from a local seller for $75 face to face so thinking of yet another Baja Rey Raptor project, too!  This is a brand new take off motor and esc from a brand new Axial Ryft.  Whatever I decide to do, a drift project or off road truck, it's gonna rip!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Orrr, maybe try the Ryft motor & esc on this, ha!  Just ran up the road from my office on lunch hour to grab this lightly used rtr Losi V100 AWD in red off that darn offerup for 130.  I was going to buy one anyways this weekend to try out as it appears identical to the Vaterra Camaro, etc. chassis and Losi's 229 starting price point seemed alright.  I have bought a couple things from this guy and great deals each time!

Tires aren't great it seems and the main shaft appears to be plastic?  I will dig into it later this weekend.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Finally started on a plastic model kit body project.  Took a small saw blade and some fine files to trim and smooth the firewall and wheel wells out of the way to adapt to the Gravedigger chassis.  This is my 1976 stepside model kit and may find a way to integrate the stepside fenders narrowed around chassis.  Taking my time on this one for now since I have a bunch more models and a few more tube chassis.

I am going to use the windshield and front bumper as well as try and mod the back of cab plate to close off the back at sides.  Trimming and deburring before I tack-glue all parts together.  I need to determine what and how I'm painting this thing before assembly as well and I haven't done that quite yet.  Too many ideas so far.  Just going to focus on fitting everything I can first.  Making a mistakes in trimming checklist for the next ones as well.

Anyhow, here's some progress pics....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#46]
I am liking all these body setups.  Remind me of a lot of old school rock crawlers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Me too once I started fitting the body parts.  Got some drift tires and a new old stock in pkg HPI Dbox stabilizer so I have been messing around with a couple of those again while I await this next SCX24 beast's arrival!  Not a bad unit/build for $143 shipped/taxed, won it off the bay of e's and I have the electronics, some Hot Racing metal axle housings, brass knuckles, hex weights and extended/high clearance links as well to add.  I also know the same guy personally that the seller got his motors from so I have already texted him to get ready to ship me the 666 drone motor that the seller I got this new custom from talks about here in his youtube video of his pink one, my green one is crippled up in the back at time of this video, prior to the ebay auction I just won this week:

Here are the auction pics.  I have no idea what I just got into but it looks fun!  I am probably going to leave this as is with no bodies, but I will probably try anyways I am sure, ha!  Maybe he'll see this here!  His cleaning mat looks all too familiar to not at least hang around here somewhere, lol!  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 5:31:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's the Dbox, I also found the Vaterra V100 disc brake and caliper kit fit perfectly with their corresponding Losi hardware.   I picked up some tire/wheel combos locally too for $15 a set of 4 and trying different ones.  I like the gold ones I have had for the dirtier concrete and the black ones and 4-Tec ones (not pictured) for parking structures or slick concrete or B-ball courts no one is using.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Thank you. It's just so strange how one cannot go to the hobby stores and pay full price for hardly anything still(just not a lot in stock). For example, the morning I got these tires, I went to The Hobby Garage in Scottsdale to get a full set and they only had two!  I was like, "Cool, Losi makin' a motorcycle now?!" Tongue in cheek.  I found about $70 in scx24 add ons to buy from them instead, however.  I do try and get a lot of the smaller stuff retail to make sure I am tossing cash at the local shops and not just one.

I have found a small group of guys that are like me in the way they take care of their stuff. They'll get new stuff then get bored or their project never panned out or all the sudden what they want shifts. In this "squirell!" moment, I find an opportunity to try stuff myself, I guess.

I make like a $1.01 an hour (after taxes, lol) and don't do credit cards for this kind of stuff, lol, so I really got to hustle and be in right place at right time to have a little fun with the hobby anyways, ha!  It can be done and thrill is in the hunt for me.  One would think the thrill is in driving them all, all the time!
Page / 8
Top Top