Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#1]
OP your link is Fed
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
“Hoard your bread.  We’re all going to die.”

(Rick Sanchez, South Florida, pre Hurricane Andrew coverage)
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So Biden should get involved with free markets and halt the exportation of gasoline, diesel, crude, wheat and any animal that we eat that eats wheat.
Okay
got it
??
View Quote

Free markets. Hahahahaha. Jesus Christ...
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:46:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
All worth the leveraging of this country if it hurts that dvil dude putin!...
View Quote

Legit interested in pro-Putin posts and post-per-day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Haven’t turned a wheel yet.
Our wheat seed hasn’t had a chance yet.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought extra spaghetti just for this scenario.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
is there wheat in twinkies?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you don't eat wheat and grains, what you eat probably does.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have we not heard that the big drop and collapse would be fall. Well, that is August. I am prepped.
View Quote

Fall starts around 21 September
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Cool story bro, so what does your food eat?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good thing I eat low carb.  
Cool story bro, so what does your food eat?

dont they all eat corn or a derivative?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Half of the world's remaining "grain reserves" are in China. I was just watching an informational video that said the world normally has 570 million tons of grain reserves. Right now it's down to 70 million tons, 35 of which is in China. According to them the remaining grain stores aren't even 10 weeks and it's painting a very bleak picture.

If you look at the actual amount of crops planted in the US this year compared to the amount planted at this same time last year, the picture becomes bleaker...

Throw in the events in Ukraine, Russia and the countries like India who are banning exports of grains and it looks dire.

But even if 2022 is BAD, 2023 will be worse as all processed foods have to move through the system, be processed, packaged, shipped, etc., We're still eating products from last year and the year before.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are so fucked in so many ways because of the totally corrupt and incompetent leadership in Washington.

People haven't seen anything yet. Get ready

View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like the United States should be capable of producing enough of anything we could ever need or want for our own country. Seems like if we didn’t want to rely on other countries we really wouldn’t need to.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"A day's wages for a measure of wheat" Rev 6:6

Wake up before it's too late.
View Quote

Certainly could apply in the near future…
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:57:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the United States should be capable of producing enough of anything we could ever need or want for our own country. Seems like if we didn't want to rely on other countries we really wouldn't need to.
View Quote
For basic things like energy and food we should be. Whether or not we've over regulated is a different question. Nuke plants don't go up in a day.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:58:36 PM EDT
[#19]
The US supply will be fine. It will be other countries that will be F’d
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Weird, that’s not what mine (KJV) says:

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weird, that’s not what mine (KJV) says:

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

In the time of King James (who commissioned the version of the Bible) a penny a day was a normal working wage.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All worth the leveraging of this country if it hurts that dvil dude putin!...

@amorphousbrain

There are no pro-Putin posts. One cannot criticize anymore?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The US supply will be fine. It will be other countries that will be F’d
View Quote

Shut your fucking mouth!  None of that sense and reasonable logic in this thread!  THIS IS A DOOMER THREAD GODDAMMIT!!

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's all fun and games until this gov exports all of it and makes it our problem too.
View Quote

How much wheat is our federal government growing annually?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@amorphousbrain

There are no pro-Putin posts.

Relax.
View Quote

Man, what's Thailand like? I bet it's all hot and rainy and shit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
In 1986 when the Chernobyl nuclear disaster occurred there was no world wheat shortage. but then again does that mean the world has been eating radiated wheat since 1986
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
My cattle eat grains before slaughter.

You want grass fed beef?  Because this is how you get grass fed beef.  :(
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Two more weeks of wheat ?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We are so fucked in so many ways because of the totally corrupt and incompetent leadership in Washington.

People haven't seen anything yet. Get ready

View Quote

Maybe the people in Washington were chosen to look incompetent all the while the people in charge have thier plan playing out perfectly?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:11:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Wheat is ripening quickly on the southern Great Plains.

Wheat is grown all the way from Central Texas to Canada.

It’s the Breadbasket of the Western World.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:14:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
My wife has Celiac so we rarely have foods that contain wheat in the house anyways. I could see how this might be a problem for a lot of people though.
View Quote

I got nuthin.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Half of the world's remaining "grain reserves" are in China. I was just watching an informational video that said the world normally has 570 million tons of grain reserves. Right now it's down to 70 million tons, 35 of which is in China. According to them the remaining grain stores aren't even 10 weeks and it's painting a very bleak picture.

If you look at the actual amount of crops planted in the US this year compared to the amount planted at this same time last year, the picture becomes bleaker...

Throw in the events in Ukraine, Russia and the countries like India who are banning exports of grains and it looks dire.

But even if 2022 is BAD, 2023 will be worse as all processed foods have to move through the system, be processed, packaged, shipped, etc., We're still eating products from last year and the year before.

View Quote

Rice is a grain, are they saying 570m/t of grain or wheat?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#32]
I remember reading on the siege of Leningrad in WW2 that sawdust and other things was substituted for wheat flour.  Not good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Maybe it’s just me, but I feel like the United States should be capable of producing enough of anything we could ever need or want for our own country. Seems like if we didn’t want to rely on other countries we really wouldn’t need to.
View Quote

we are. we dont
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Europe's been emptying Ukrainian silos for a few weeks now. Since ports are currently unavailable, it goes by train to Romania and gets loaded onto ships on Danube. EU said that Ukraine needs space for the coming harvest, so they are creating the needed space. In reality, Ukraine is likely paying with grain for the weapons being supplied.
View Quote

The plan to send NSM's to Ukraine to break the Russian blockade of Odessa makes more sense now.  I expect we will see more action to push the Russians out of Kherson to let the Ukranians use the port at Mykolyiv (sp?) which is a wheat port soon.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, he should get out of the way of producers while preventing production from being owned by foreign governments or businesses controlled by foreign governments. And if there's a problem with food being shipped overseas for profit while Americans suffer, well, let the Americans deal with the corporate officers in a direct, forthright, and expedient manner.
View Quote

You’re mixing up your branches. Congress would be on point for any of type of social engineering and gettin in the way of free markets type of stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about wheat, but 25% of exports
seems like a significant, but not cataclysmic amount.
Unless everyone else is down domestically
View Quote

Some countries get 100% of their imports out of that 25% of exports.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All part of the plan
View Quote
The ones pulling the global strings have crafted what looks to be a magnum opus symphony of human suffering, and the orchestra is just warming up.

Let's go for global famine, diesel fuel shortage, $10/gal gas, weaponized airborne monkeypox, and for the crescendo, a Russia/NATO nuclear exchange coinciding with a sneak attack of China on Taiwan.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like the United States should be capable of producing enough of anything we could ever need or want for our own country. Seems like if we didn't want to rely on other countries we really wouldn't need to.
View Quote
We are.
In fact, we can produce more than enough wheat, corn, soy, and anything else to fulfill our own needs.

But the rest of the world relies on us to export to them.

So instead of us buckling down and saying "yeah sorry that sucks but us being low on wheat means we can't sell you any", we are going to say "the world is low on wheat so be prepared for food shortages".

Also sort of convenient that a certain someone recently bought up a LARGE percentage of farmland in the US... isn't it?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Pfft! Wheat is bad for us diabetic folks anyway.
View Quote

Fasting is a great way to cure type 2 diabetes. So you know, silver lining and whatnot.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except we are not communists. What some citizen grows or mines or drills on his private property is literally his business and whomever he sells it to is their business. None of it is “ours”.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know shit about wheat, but 25% of exports
seems like a significant, but not cataclysmic amount.
Unless everyone else is down domestically

Biden will “bale” them out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The ones pulling the global strings have crafted what looks to be a magnum opus symphony of human suffering, and the orchestra is just warming up.

Let's go for global famine, diesel fuel shortage, $10/gal gas, weaponized airborne monkeypox, and for the crescendo, a Russia/NATO nuclear exchange coinciding with a sneak attack of China on Taiwan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All part of the plan

That all sounds likely before 2024.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
In 1986 when the Chernobyl nuclear disaster occurred there was no world wheat shortage. but then again does that mean the world has been eating radiated wheat since 1986
View Quote

How old are you?  At that time the cold war was still going on.  The USSR did not sell much of anything to non-communist block nations and vice versa.  I am not really sure what effect Chernobyl had on the USSR's food production, USSR food production had zero effect on the west.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So what did the world do during and shortly after WW2?

How long has Ukraine sold wheat to the world?

View Quote

I bet with the globalist economy a lot of countries quit growing enough wheat and focused on other productive products since they could buy the wheat cheaper from places like Ukraine.

I doubt they'll be able to switch back and get it going in time to avoid problems.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

No they get their imports out of the whole, now the remaining 75%

Lean days aren't a good time, but they aren't death
I don't know which one is over the horizon

I haven't seen many people nail down on this, if it is possible to nail down
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:27:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The US supply will be fine. It will be other countries that will be F'd
View Quote
That's all well and good until the Biden administration decides to start sending wheat overseas.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#47]
I thought all the hip cats went gluten free.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Good thing the world bread basket is in prime wheat harvesting time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Listening for trumpets.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:31:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Except we are not communists. What some citizen grows or mines or drills on his private property is literally his business and whomever he sells it to is their business. None of it is “ours”.
View Quote

Interstate commerce clause says different
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top