User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread is.....................
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#2]
This is tough, the Nelson Mandella calendar is pure gold but gifting someone a homemade CD is a special kind of what the blue fuck. I think in the end I have to vote for the terrible, conceited CD. Who the hell does that?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:06:11 AM EDT
[#3]
^^^ Yeah, the CD was a bad one.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, OP for putting this all together. There's some real horible gifts out there this year and was hard to pick.

Made my one, lonely opened caramel turtle candy I got look like a piece of solid gold.

My condolences to all the entries this year!
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
My vote is for the Stepping stone kit because, well, come on man.  He was a sport about it.

The CD was a bulk work gift thing, they always suck but this gem was something special, honorable mention.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, OP for putting this all together. There's some real horible gifts out there this year and was hard to pick.

Made my one, lonely opened caramel turtle candy I got look like a piece of solid gold.

My condolences to all the entries this year!
View Quote

You have no idea how hard it was to narrow down to just 10! I started with a list of 47 possibles. Yours was near the top after a few trim downs, but I ran out of poll options!

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 1:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Bump for last day to vote. Looks like wingmanchris may have this one all wrapped up!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Should I go ahead and declare wingmanchris the winner?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes he wins hands down
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#10]
While all the gifts were bad (and a hilarious thread BTW) the only way any one else wins is if they call for a FIRE MISSION to vote for them in a separate thread.

I would say you are safe calling it.

Although a FIRE MISSION would be fun to watch.

Thanks for doing this, it was a hoot.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

CJan_NH
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which guy got the shitty coffee mug in exchange for the Glock, case, mags, holster etc?

I'm still fucking pissed at that story

CJan_NH

I voted for wingmanchris, but this guy^ needs a hug or something. He got boned royally.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:33:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I voted for wingmanchris, but this guy^ needs a hug or something. Je got boned royally.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which guy got the shitty coffee mug in exchange for the Glock, case, mags, holster etc?

I'm still fucking pissed at that story

CJan_NH

I voted for wingmanchris, but this guy^ needs a hug or something. Je got boned royally.

CJan was taken care of in the original thread by team member NotAFudd.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Wingmanchris most definately.

That shit was painful.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
While all the gifts were bad (and a hilarious thread BTW) the only way any one else wins is if they call for a FIRE MISSION to vote for them in a separate thread.

I would say you are safe calling it.

Although a FIRE MISSION would be fun to watch.

Thanks for doing this, it was a hoot.

View Quote

I enjoy this every year. This year was hard to narrow down though. I think it is a pretty safe bet who has won at this point. A FIREMISSION would be hilarious though!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Wingmanchris...   Hands down!!      I played the whole thing...    Hilarious!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I think we all need a little something for listening to that fucking screeching on that CD.

It was like listening to Phyllis Diller caught in a bear trap.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think we all need a little something for listening to that fucking screeching on that CD.

It was like listening to Phyllis Diller caught in a bear trap.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#18]
ARF has spoken wingmanchris is this years winner! . Thank you to everyone that participated in the original thread and the voting thread. I look forward to next years spectacularly awful gifts!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:14:33 PM EDT
[#19]
so I was 5th place..... I am just happy I got noticed.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yours was to say the least!
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife was the one who got me the one blade. I told her about this thread and she was not super happy about it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My wife was the one who got me the one blade. I told her about this thread and she was not super happy about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

. That makes it even worse! Last years winner's, hawktheslayer, wife was the one responsible for the awful gift. She found out about the contest after he had one and received his gift. Needless to say, she was very much ashamed of her actions and made up for it this year. I hope your wife follows suit and does not give you another gift worthy of this kind of thread.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

. That makes it even worse! Last years winner's, hawktheslayer, wife was the one responsible for the awful gift. She found out about the contest after he had one and received his gift. Needless to say, she was very much ashamed of her actions and made up for it this year. I hope your wife follows suit and does not give you another gift worthy of this kind of thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha thank you. So does the top five people win anything? just kidding.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Honestly this was a tough one.....I voted for the can of asparagus
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is details like this we need to know about before voting is closed.

"My wife got me a windshield-wiper and it was the wrong size ... is easily way above #5 and in the running for #1" (followed by hundreds of posts saying eject)  but I am just a 14'er so maybe I am wrong.

This is 1extremegto's contest/rules and allow her to judge but if I had know it was your wife you would have been near the top IMO.

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:41:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

"My wife got me a windshield-wiper and it was the wrong size ... is easily way above #5 and in the running for #1" (followed by hundreds of posts saying eject)  but I am just a 14'er so maybe I am wrong.

This is 1extremegto's contest/rules and allow her to judge but if I had know it was your wife you would have been near the top IMO.

In fact IM me your info and I will send you a PMAG.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! You will need to IM me an address to ship you the wish box. You just whisper your wishes into the box and they will all come true! Please note that all boxes come preloaded with a wish.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#28]
You get a PMAG from me if you send me your info.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is awesome of you 14er! I am a dirty 13er so I can say that! Hehe! I agree that coming from a spouse makes the gift 100 times worse and would have put him closer to the top. IMO

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! You will need to IM me an address to ship you the wish box. You just whisper your wishes into the box and they will all come true! Please note that all boxes come preloaded with a wish.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so I was 5th place..... I am just happy I got noticed

is it like farting in a box and sealing it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

is it like farting in a box and sealing it?
View Quote

3 Christmases ago a couple of dear family friends gave me a "wish box" during our exchanging. The box was an old decorated wooden box that flower shops would use for an arrangement. She told me that all I had to do was whisper all my wishes into the box and they would come true. Also that she had already put one wish in the box. It took all of my power not to laugh. After everyone had gone home and it was just the family there, we laughed so hard about it.

The wish box gift was the one that stared this whole thing. Another member had this contest before I joined ARF. Hubby is a member and posted my gift in the thread. When he told me I started reading and following the thread myself. I was also reading other threads in GD and was hooked. So I signed up to be a member, bought mine and his membership, and the rest is history. I inadvertently became a 13er because of my join date but I don't care!

I wanted to make sure that it continued so I started the thread last year.

ETA: F15Mech made a very generous offer just above your post.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#32]
One of the reasons I loved this thread was because when I was about 7 (30+ years ago) I bought the most stupid impractical and worthless present for my dad....

It was a ceramic beaver playing a guitar, no more than a 2" high.

I have now idea what possessed my to buy that thing but I liked it, and thought dad would to...

Dad was great in accepting it, don't get me wrong, my brothers and sisters however were laughing their asses off over this stupid present (which in hindsight it was).

It was that moment I realized I bought the gift I wanted for myself (why a 7 year old would want a beaver playing a guitar is yet unresolved) and did not pay attention to the person I was supposed to be giving the gift to.

The knowledge I gained that day still plays into my gift selection today.

I will just leave it at that

Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
One of the reasons I loved this thread was because when I was about 7 (30+ years ago) I bought the most stupid impractical and worthless present for my dad....

It was a ceramic beaver playing a guitar, no more than a 2" high.

I have now idea what possessed my to buy that thing but I liked it, and thought dad would to...

Dad was great in accepting it, don't get me wrong, my brothers and sisters however were laughing their asses off over this stupid present (which in hindsight it was).

It was that moment I realized I bought the gift I wanted for myself (why a 7 year old would want a beaver playing a guitar is yet unresolved) and did not pay attention to the person I was supposed to be giving the gift to.

The knowledge I gained that day still plays into my gift selection today.

I will ust leave it at that

View Quote

That is an awesome story and a very generous off you made to 1911xdm. I have always thought about the person receiving the gift. I have gotten some doozies over the years though. The wish box by far was the worst.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Haha thanks you guys so much. It's been a good thread for laughs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought my sister a Tory Burch purse for Christmas.  She loves Tory Burch shit.  She bought be some gourmet popcorn
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I bought my sister a Tory Burch purse for Christmas.  She loves Tory Burch shit.  She bought be some gourmet popcorn
View Quote

Tory Burch is crap you need to do better next time
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks guys for the votes!  This was a lot of fun.  I hope to be farther south in Free America this time next year if everything works out, so I should have a new boss.  I am thinking I should mail the CD to ARF HQ to be played for every Christmas to come....then again, I don't want a perma ban!  Happy New Years everyone... Be safe out there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit!  What kind of purse do you carry?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm honored to take third.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Congrats wingmanchris! And thanks for doing this GTO.
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 7:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
i dunno guys, the can of asparagus has a special kind of panache

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top