TNG - Alexander
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

I haven't seen the others. Discuss
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
JarJar Binks had no business in the franchise.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:28:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You think Alexander was worse than Wunderkind Wesley?

DS9?   Yeah, I guess I could agree with Jake Sisko.     Eh... Julian Bashir was insufferable the first couple of seasons.

Voyager... duh.  Neelix.

Enterprise.  Doctor Phlox, hands down.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 1:32:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TNG - Alexander, Westley.
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 4:27:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
TNG - Alexander
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

View Quote

Malcolm got to shoot shit.  I was thinking of the Boomer (looked up his name, it's Mayweather).
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 4:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Gaius Baltar always seemed out of place and awkward. Maybe it was just the actor. Haven't seen in awhile just the worst one I remembered.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Jar jar binks
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 5:01:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Fpni
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 5:07:37 AM EDT
[#8]
TNG: Wesley
DS9: Jake Sisko
VOY: Neelix
ENT: Trip
DISC: Adira (the LGBTQWTFBBQ with imaginary friend)
SNW: Ortegas

I don't particularly hate anyone in TOS that I can think of.  Haven't watched the new animated ones
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:27:04 AM EDT
[#9]
TOS - Chekov.
He panicked when he saw a dead body, claimed the Garden of Eden was in Russia, and had a terrible accent.

"Yes Keptin."
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]
The one that should truly garner the most ridicule…

TNG - Guinan (at least that pancake hat hid her dreads)

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 7:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TNG: Wesley
DS9: Jake Sisko
VOY: Neelix
ENT: Trip
DISC: Adira (the LGBTQWTFBBQ with imaginary friend)
SNW: Ortegas

I don't particularly hate anyone in TOS that I can think of.  Haven't watched the new animated ones
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The one that should truly garner the most ridicule…

TNG - Guinan (at least that pancake hat hid her dreads)

View Quote

THIS!  Terrible IMO.  And now she gets to spew her "logic and advice" on The View
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Neelix? I’d watch a Neelix series compared to how much I detested the Janeway character. What were they thinking with that casting and writing.

I was excited for new ST show, loved the ship design and most of the characters at least piqued my interest. But Janeway was reprehensible.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Malcolm got to shoot shit.  I was thinking of the Boomer (looked up his name, it's Mayweather).
View Quote

This. I couldn't stand that cocksucker.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:41:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gaius Baltar always seemed out of place and awkward. Maybe it was just the actor. Haven't seen in awhile just the worst one I remembered.
View Quote

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
TNG - Alexander
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

View Quote

I like Alexander. Never really got the hate for Wesley, either. (Now the actor that played Wesley, that's a different story.)

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Jake Sisko wasn’t  there to be Jake Sisko. The character was there to build up Benjamin Sisko’s character.  Shows how he handles stupidity and dumbassery.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I skip the Alexander episodes when I am watching it. They are just crap.

Lwaxana Troi is even worse yet though.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 8:58:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I would only slightly modify OP's list:

TNG - Wesley Crusher
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

Wil Wheaton wanted to meet Will Shatner for years. They finally meet, and Shatner says, "If I was captain of the Enterprise you wouldn't be allowed on the bridge."
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#20]
THAT BITCH KEIKO OBRIEN

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#21]
OP nailed it… with Tuvix perhaps being worse than Neelix, but he was half Neelix, so think we should allow for both
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Neelix? I’d watch a Neelix series compared to how much I detested the Janeway character. What were they thinking with that casting and writing.

I was excited for new ST show, loved the ship design and most of the characters at least piqued my interest. But Janeway was reprehensible.
View Quote

Well do I have a surprise for you.  Except you probably already know about it.  But whatever.  The original Voyager:

First Captain Janeway Complete
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Tasha Yar was thankfully killed.

Wesley was a joke.

DS9 had those morph characters, including Odo, who all sucked.

TOS I never liked Sulu. Later in the movies he was much better.

Voyagers entire cast should be thrown out aside from Tom Parris and the Asian dude. I fucking hated the writing on 7of9.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I skip the Alexander episodes when I am watching it. They are just crap.

Lwaxana Troi is even worse yet though.
View Quote

Even "A Fistful of Datas"? I love that episode.

I also love the one where Alexander's future self comes back in time and tries to prevent himself from turning into a wimp. Not because it's a good drama per se, but because I find it unintentionally hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Jake Sisco was in "The Visitor" the best episode of all treks so that kind of lets him off the hook.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
THAT BITCH KEIKO OBRIEN

https://i.imgur.com/9Y337Ic.gif
View Quote

Yep.
Chief Miles O'Brien was technical genius who could make or fix anything. He used to drink, fight, and have fun all over the Enterprise. Then he met Keiko (translated to Karen). He gets the promotion of a lifetime over to DS9 and she whines, nags, and bitches about it not being as nice as the Enterprise the whole time. I don't think he was the real father of that first kid (Molly or something). She looked a lot like Data.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
JarJar Binks had no business in the franchise.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Picard is not worthy to be a pimple on Kirk's ass.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I like Alexander. Never really got the hate for Wesley, either. (Now the actor that played Wesley, that's a different story.)

View Quote

He's pretty funny playing himself on The Big Bang Theory.

I recently started watching Picard. It's not as bad as everyone said, but I don't like what they did with the character. It's like the writers said "he's old now, so let's make him all weak and Biden-like." What hurts for this old-school Trekkie is that you occasionally get flashes of the old Picard...decisive, forthright, like a bad-ass lawyer that you want on your side, but the rest of the time it's like "Picard-lite"
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Agreed that odo and the ugly shape shifters sucked on DS9 -- but did y'all really forget about the grand nagus? Fuck those episodes were awful. Gilbert Gottfried on a chalkboard awful.

Voyager -- sure Neelix was obnoxious, Janeway was basically evil and full of herself, but Kes? Kes was fuckin awful. Should've been the Tom Paris show.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.
Chief Miles O'Brien was technical genius who could make or fix anything. He used to drink, fight, and have fun all over the Enterprise. Then he met Keiko (translated to Karen). He gets the promotion of a lifetime over to DS9 and she whines, nags, and bitches about it not being as nice as the Enterprise the whole time. I don't think he was the real father of that first kid (Molly or something). She looked a lot like Data.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
THAT BITCH KEIKO OBRIEN

https://i.imgur.com/9Y337Ic.gif

Yep.

Data was, of course, "fully functional."
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Sue-loo
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:22:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Neelix beats all by light years.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Captain Kirk
Captain Picard
Spock

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Space hippies and Tribbles.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:35:44 AM EDT
[#38]
TOS: None come to mind.

TOS movies:  Cybok or Kruge.  Or any of the random poorly-made aliens in any crowd scenes in 3, 4, and 5.

TNG:  Lwaxana Troi.  Wesley in season 1 and some of 2.  He got better later.

TNG movies:  Data, when he’s being “funny.”  It was amusing for a bit in Generations, but it wore out quickly.  Emotions ruined his character, and they made him the comic relief.  The Borg Queen looked cool and was a neat character, but at the same time, she destroyed what made the Borg so terrifying and alien.

DS9:  Sometimes Keiko when they couldn’t figure out what to do with her character besides make her a nagging housewife.  Bareil after he and Kira hooked up.   And there’s always Lwaxana Troi.

Voyager:  Sometimes Neelix.  Sometimes Janeway.  Occasionally Kim.

Enterprise:  None are consistently irritating, but probably all of them at some point.

There is no Trek after that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Woopi bar idiot.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well do I have a surprise for you.  Except you probably already know about it.  But whatever.  The original Voyager:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0
View Quote

Gawd damn. I can't believe you managed to make Insaneway the better option.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#41]
TOS: Chekov.  He was nothing but virtue signaling to the Soviets and the younger generation.  A military officer with a Beatles haircut?  Come oooooonnn!
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Woopi bar idiot.
View Quote

Forgot about her...  Still hate Neelix more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:14:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Agreed that odo and the ugly shape shifters sucked on DS9 -- but did y'all really forget about the grand nagus? Fuck those episodes were awful. Gilbert Gottfried on a chalkboard awful.

Voyager -- sure Neelix was obnoxious, Janeway was basically evil and full of herself, but Kes? Kes was fuckin awful. Should've been the Tom Paris show.
View Quote

Really, the Grand Nagus. Inconceivable.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
TNG - Alexander
DS9 - Jake Sisko
Voyager - Neelix
Enterprise - Malcolm
Orville -Klyden

View Quote

Nailed it!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Wesley was a joke.

Voyagers entire cast should be thrown out aside from Tom Parris and the Asian dude. I fucking hated the writing on 7of9.
View Quote

The Doctor was pretty decent in Voyager.

Kai Wynn made my skin crawl in DS9, but I think she was supposed to, so I don't know if she's the worst or the best really.

K'Ehleyr was the real problem, she messed up Alexander hiding him from his father.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wesley was a joke.

View Quote

You didn’t like the episode in TOS called “ Day of the Dove”? That was Sulu the Gay Blade’s coming out party
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#47]
TOS - Chekov
TNG - Wesley
DS9 - Sometimes Jake. Sometimes I hate Odo, other times he's cool
VOY - the Kazon, Kes. Chakotay was wooden, sometimes Janeway was irritating/genocidal.
ENT - Mayweather. What a waste of character.
DIS - basically most of the show, with a few exceptions.
Orville - I like them all well enough
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Janeway was a war criminal
but she was right for killing Tuvix
View Quote

Yup.  She left a string of unnecessary enemies and war crimes across the galaxy, pointing straight back at the Federation.   I'm surprised the storyline of Pickard wasn't the Delta quadrant declarers war on the Federation.

For the most part, Janeway's one of those characters I remembered hating, but don't remember the details as to why, and don't want to waste the time re-watching the series to figure it out again.  

That would be the end result of poor writing, bad acting, and poor storytelling.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There is no Trek after that.
View Quote

There is, but they're shows made by people who hated or just didn't care what came before.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I recently started watching Picard. It's not as bad as everyone said, but I don't like what they did with the character. It's like the writers said "he's old now, so let's make him all weak and Biden-like." What hurts for this old-school Trekkie is that you occasionally get flashes of the old Picard...decisive, forthright, like a bad-ass lawyer that you want on your side, but the rest of the time it's like "Picard-lite"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to his politics, not his acting abilities. He's a woke commie who hates everyone here.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top