BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Jeep just seems to naturally do that. Probably needs a new front axle, new ball joints didn't do anything and I don't feel like messing with adjustable ones. More pronounced effect when it has been backed up like in this pic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/33995/tilty_tires_jpg-3161355.JPG
View Quote

You need OFFSET balljoints, not just new ones.

By the way, why is there a bungee cord hanging off the driver's side of the axle?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Been car shopping the last few weeks - one of the first questions we ask is “can we disable the adaptive cruise control?”   I can’t believe there were that many accidents caused by someone running into the back of another car due to cruise control.
View Quote

Absolutely love adaptive cruise. Makes long road trips fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:12:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Most modern pick up trucks are stupid as hell. Too big with somehow little actual functional bed space. Put the ridiculous price and increasingly shittier and shittier build qualities and it quickly becomes the biggest scam in the industry.

I once loaded more building materials into the back of a hatchback Mazda 3 with the rear seat folded down than a guy with a F-150. And with much more ease.

View Quote

Pickups being practical is an obsolete notion.  Most buyers want “mini Monster trucks”.  No way for anyone of average height to reach anything in the beds anymore.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Putting the engine in the front.

All cars should be like this.

Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:16:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Pickups being practical is an obsolete notion.  Most buyers want “mini Monster trucks”.  No way for anyone of average height to reach anything in the beds anymore.
View Quote

Average height?   I am 6ft 3in and the goddamn bed rails make it impossible.

I say it started with the 2nd Gen Tacomas.

Came from years of Rangers and it was easy to lean over and get shit because they rode so low and bed rails were so low, even the Ranger Edge on 30in tires was an easy reach.

But mybstock height 07 Tacoma prerunner is a pain.

It only gets worse from there.   The new Rangers might as well be enclosed panel vans.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Been car shopping the last few weeks - one of the first questions we ask is "can we disable the adaptive cruise control?"   I can't believe there were that many accidents caused by someone running into the back of another car due to cruise control.

No shit. I love my ACC. And at least on my ES350 there's an option to just use "regular" cruise control. I will say my Audi A6 Prestige had much better ACC and lanekeeping then the Lexus though as far as being able to follow closer and be smoother on the braking. I've been wanting to move up to a '23+ ES350UL to get the 2.5+ safety system and wireless android auto. I didn't know it at the time but the early '19 model I got doesn't do android at all and going to the 2.5 system should help some of the ACC/LKA features.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 11:56:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.gearjunkie.com/uploads/2019/05/gmc-multipro-tailgate-review-1.jpg

Who the hell is going to work off their $85,000 truck like a work bench. Stupid as hell.

"But it's convenient"
Mo-fo; Men have been unloading pickup trucks with conventional tailgates for 100 years.
View Quote

This one is bittersweet for me. On one hand, it's not necessary at all, and hugely increases the cost of the tailgate if I get rear ended. On the other hand, it's by far the best implemented tailgate step that I've used, and yes, it is convenient. It's also nice for hauling longer items in certain cases, where I can have my tonneau cover closed, just the top part of the tailgate down, and the long item sticking out of the small gap with the rest of the tailgate still closed to keep stuff in.

Most annoying part is that you can't drop the step down if you have a hitch in. If mine ever gets damaged I'll replace it with a regular tailgate for sure.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Horrible adaptive cruise, I dont care if you love it, i dont. Sunroofs, auto stop start, these things suck. I should habe the option to not habe them
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Tall wheels with low profile tires on classics and modern off road vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Average height?   I am 6ft 3in and the goddamn bed rails make it impossible.

I say it started with the 2nd Gen Tacomas.

Came from years of Rangers and it was easy to lean over and get shit because they rode so low and bed rails were so low, even the Ranger Edge on 30in tires was an easy reach.

But mybstock height 07 Tacoma prerunner is a pain.

It only gets worse from there.   The new Rangers might as well be enclosed panel vans.
View Quote

Way earlier than any Tacoma. My 86.5 Nissan hardbody has shoulder height bed rails. I'm 5'08". That's stock height. No lift, no oversized tires. Hell, it's actually sagging a bit from age and use.

Adaptive cruise is the only time I've actually had to fight a vehicle to NOT crash. 2019 Tacoma went WOT and refused to listen to anything. Didn't go into neutral like it should have, didn't turn off cruise with the cancel button. Ended up having to stand in the brakes or hit a semi v it did that multiple times. Between that and an automatic tranny, hell no. I'll stick to rowing gears because I'm not lazy and it's fun and safer.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Adaptive cruises dangerous. Someone pulls in front of you suddenly it slams your brakes on much more aggressively than you would. Constantly overreacts to road situations. There should be a choice to delete it or at least turn it off. Its mynopinion Those who like  it usually are lazy drivers.or slow witted and dint mind the intrusion.
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top