Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2018 7:39:01 PM EDT
My girls are arguing about this in the back seat. I have no idea.  I think so, but heart of a star/ magic etc

Which wins?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#1]
The light saber would only cut the hammer when wielded by Mary Sue
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe not, but it'll slice off Thor's hand quite nicely. Hard to wield the hammer with a couple of cauterized stumps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe not, but it'll slice off Thor's hand quite nicely. Hard to wield the hammer with a couple of cauterized stumps.
View Quote
I hope I never piss you off.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
A light saber saber can be defeated by a mirror!

Since Thor's hammer can conduct energy ( as seen when imbuing the hammer with lightning ), the hammer would be completely unharmed!

That is all.... NERD!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Seeing as a girl crushed Mjolnir one handed,  yes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Darth Vader is a collection of cauterized stumps. He does alright
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
on a treadmill?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
jedi are buddist monks of space they would crap their pjs at the first sight of thors hammer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Thor would just fart on the Jedi and it would be over. From dust he became, to dust he will return.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#10]
It's already been destroyed by a woman so yes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]
light sabers are known to be unabel to penetrate Mandalorian armor so if Bobafett's armor can stop a light stick thor's hammer can.

I don't see fett flying through mountains.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#12]
is Thors' Hammer on a threadmill ?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
is Thors' Hammer on a threadmill ?
View Quote
They're not on the treadmill yet. Winner faces the treadmill
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a good question
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Only two substances are resistant to lightsabers, one is mandalorian iron, the other is called cortosis. Thor's hammer would be cut like a hot knife through butter.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Possibly, who the fuck knows.

One things for certain if Yoda, Luke, Obi Wan or Vader ever tried to pull that Jedi master shit on Indiana Jones, Jones would
have simply shot him center mass with his revolver.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a plasma torch, and I vote yes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Maybe but what about Grabthar’s Hammer?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Only two substances are resistant to lightsabers, one is mandalorian iron, the other is called cortosis. Thor's hammer would be cut like a hot knife through butter.
View Quote
I think your wrong
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I suppose that depends.......can God make something so heavy even He can't lift It?

And how much wood can Woodchuck actually chuck anyway?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#21]
[Nerd]

In SW canon there's a few things light sabers can't go through. Cortosis ore, material processed from the same, quantum crystalline armor and energy shielding.

I vote lightsaber cuts partway into the hammer and causes a catastrophic release of Mjolnir's contained energy. Should be entertaining to watch from a nearby moon or planet.

[/Nerd]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe, but Thor would beat that Jedi to death with the handle.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I told my daughter we would argue about anything on here and told her the title. She said the real question was will a light saber cut Capt. America’s shield.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I like the green colored girl.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:54:05 PM EDT
[#25]
No.  A light saber is powered through technology but Thor is the Son of God, the hammer is empowered by the Holy Spirit, so no contest.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I told my daughter we would argue about anything on here and told her the title. She said the real question was will a light saber cut Capt. America’s shield.
View Quote
I don’t think his shield is in any way Holy or imbued with the Divine at any point so I’m not sure how that would be a fair comparison

I don’t keep up with the Marvel Universe by any stretch of the imagination, but I was in highschool once
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Comic or movie version?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, vibranium just blocks/absorbed impact/ vibration energy. Light saber cuts/ disrupts matter
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, since none of that star wars stuff is real.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No.  A light saber is powered through technology but Thor is the Son of God, the hammer is empowered by the Holy Spirit, so no contest.
View Quote
Basically this, tho Odin vs. God.  Technology vs Sky Ghost = win 4 Sky Ghost (see: Sodom & Gomorrah, Pharaoh vs. filthy Jews, etc....)
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well, since none of that star wars stuff is real.
View Quote
You must be fun at parties...
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:14:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hah!  You clearly never saw Thor: The Dark World, since they addressed that very issue! (granted, Loki was involved... )
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:18:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Seeing as a girl crushed Mjolnir one handed,  yes.
View Quote
Well, that WAS his sister, so there is that...

Whilst we're on this topic, shall we delve into Superman wielding Mjolnir (which he did), just to muddy the topic even further?
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:18:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Hmmm.  Plasma vs nuetronium, or vibranium.  Nerd fight!
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Hell, a lightsaber wouldn't even cut through Cap's shield.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#37]
A powerful force user wouldn't need a light saber.

Light sabers were rendered useless on Mortis for the most part, where Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka prevailed at the end of the day - mostly because Anakin was so strong in the force.

Sidious never used a light saber, except when to defeat the Jedi that came to arrest him in RoTS or to train Maul.  He used force lightning and manipulation because a lightsaber was beneath him.

To answer the question, no a lightsaber couldn't break Thor's hammer, but if Thor faced a force user worth a damn, he'd get fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hell, a lightsaber wouldn't even cut through Cap's shield.
View Quote
How do you know?  We've never nailed down the engineering properties of adamantium... (Lube Skyhawker vs. Wolverine! )
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

How do you know?  We've never nailed down the engineering properties of adamantium... (Lube Skyhawker vs. Wolverine! )
View Quote
Cap's shield is vibranium, not adamantium...

Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
He's the god of lightning, not the god of hammers.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A light saber saber can be defeated by a mirror!

Since Thor's hammer can conduct energy ( as seen when imbuing the hammer with lightning ), the hammer would be completely unharmed!

That is all.... NERD!!!!
View Quote
Wwwrrroonnnggg

Lightsabers are not a laser beam that can be reflected. They are plasma contained by an electromagnetic field.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was LIED to...  Wolvie & Cap did work together in one episode, Cap used his shield to hammer on the back of Wolvie's claws to de-capitate a Sentinel robot (or some such).  Tho Wolvie basically told him to F off, b/c he didn't like the way Cap tried to tell him what to do.  Was why I always liked Wolvie, he was never a big fan of authority...
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Wwwrrroonnnggg

Lightsabers are not a laser beam that can be reflected. They are plasma contained by an electromagnetic field.
View Quote
Which is why I would assume they would cut dense metal, which would be the heart of a star
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:07:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Which is why I would assume they would cut dense metal, which would be the heart of a star
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wwwrrroonnnggg

Well, is the Marvel version of Thor’s hammer supernatural? I’m not a big Marvel nerd but I think it is. If that’s the case, I’m not sure the lightsaber would, as it is a purely physical weapon.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:14:36 AM EDT
[#45]
So could Yoda beat Thor is the real question?

I dont know but would be a bad ass fight
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:14:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, vibranium just blocks/absorbed impact/ vibration energy. Light saber cuts/ disrupts matter
View Quote
The shield also absorbs energy and heat.  A lightsaber is basically just concentrated heat, I don't see why vibranium wouldn't absorb/resist that just like any other random energy blasts that it stops.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:23:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A powerful force user wouldn't need a light saber.

Light sabers were rendered useless on Mortis for the most part, where Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka prevailed at the end of the day - mostly because Anakin was so strong in the force.

Sidious never used a light saber, except when to defeat the Jedi that came to arrest him in RoTS or to train Maul.  He used force lightning and manipulation because a lightsaber was beneath him.

To answer the question, no a lightsaber couldn't break Thor's hammer, but if Thor faced a force user worth a damn, he'd get fucked up.
View Quote
That might work as well as Shazam/Captain Marvel going against him.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:32:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Like butter.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 3:37:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Thor wouldn't even need his hammer. He would just give a wedgie to whoever was holding the lightsaber, and then take their lunch money. Because whoever plays with lightsabers is surely a nerd.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Thor wouldn't even need his hammer. He would just give a wedgie to whoever was holding the lightsaber, and then take their lunch money. Because whoever plays with lightsabers is surely a nerd.
View Quote
Soooo.... sort of like this?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top