Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Many movies, be it mobster or war movies, have a scene of the victim digging their own grave.

I'm in the, "Fuck you, kill me and dig it yourself" mindset.

View Quote
When I was a kid (Think late 1960's and early 1970's) there was a very nice man who had survived the Nazi camps (With his wife) and ran a little grocery store (The Lucky Star Market) in Pomona California.  I was in that store probably 3-4 times a week and he was always so nice to us kids.  He and his wife had a candy jar at the counter and we always got a freebie at check-out.  One day, when I was around ten (I "Think" it was my B'day?) I went down to the store and the parking lot was full of crying women (Including my mom and my grandmother).  I was just a little guy and seeing all those ladies crying really upset me.

Turns out, these two dudes (Yeah, they were AA's) had robbed him the night before and, even though he had cooperated with all of their demands (Handed over the days receipts) had driven him up into the Westmont Hills, made him dig his own grave, forced him onto his knees and then blew his brains out.  I remember thinking about how terrified he must've been just before the bullets hit his head.

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
After getting old and fat, fuck no.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:05:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's be kinda embarrassing to show up in Valhalla holding a shovel, but at least you're there
View Quote

How's it embarrassing? They get people showing up with swords all the time. I doubt getting a guy with a shovel is an every occurrence.

You come up Bifrost and get to the door and Odin would probably say "This guy fucks. You look like you just beat someone in his ass with a shovel. Drink some akvavit and mead and tell me about beating this guy's ass with that shovel."
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Mob/cartel?  Probably.  Not only will they tell you they will kill, and/or torture/rape, everyone you love after they kill you, but you know they are more than capable.  Maybe they still will, maybe they are bluffing, but make no mistake they are capable and I wouldn’t want to motivate them.  I shouldn’t be dealing with mobsters anyways.

I was thinking torture might be a motivator, but I’m not sure what kind of torture would still leave me capable of digging my grave to get that shit over with.  Can’t dig in a timely fashion when Fd up.

I would want to fight to the death with a newly acquired shovel weapon but I’m sure there are motivators to just dig your own grave.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:19:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd bitch the whole time
View Quote

Lol
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#6]
People dig there own graves all the time without anyone forcing them too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:28:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No matter what the circumstances….

Fight! If your gong to die, give them a mess to clean, don’t forget to mix you to bad guys appropriately before checking out!
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The trick is hitting them with it horizontal not vertical like a fucking cartoon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

I’mma take at least one of ‘em with me, that shovel will fuck up your world with a good whack in the face.

The trick is hitting them with it horizontal not vertical like a fucking cartoon.

While this is absolutely true (and you can easily kill someone with a solid hit with the edge), we've now seen that a hit with the flat bottom of a frying pan can drop people quite effectively

A hit from a swung shovel with way more leverage behind it is gonna be even more effective.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:14:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Nope. I would die fighting.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll take the shovel, and go down swinging it.
View Quote

This. If you go down fighting, any pain you might have felt is crushed by the anger in your heart.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:53:30 AM EDT
[#11]
The Jews of Eastern Europe did this by the literal hundreds of thousands in the wake of the German advance towards Russia in 1941.

Not only did they willingly dig their own graves, but at Babi Yar, they were instructed to lay down on the corpses of the groups that preceeded them and were then shot in the back of the neck. This process was repeated until 33,771 men, women, and children were murdered in this way.

Very few resisted at all and this was commonplace behavior. Though many did not know their fates until it was too late, they still did as instructed (even after figuring out what was going to happen).
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I mean I'd grab a shovel if they offered one. Might even take a scoop or 2 to put them at ease.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Im taking at least 1 person out or severely crippling them for life with the shovel. My terms.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:39:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mob/cartel?  Probably.  Not only will they tell you they will kill, and/or torture/rape, everyone you love after they kill you, but you know they are more than capable.  Maybe they still will, maybe they are bluffing, but make no mistake they are capable and I wouldn’t want to motivate them.  I shouldn’t be dealing with mobsters anyways.

I was thinking torture might be a motivator, but I’m not sure what kind of torture would still leave me capable of digging my grave to get that shit over with.  Can’t dig in a timely fashion when Fd up.

I would want to fight to the death with a newly acquired shovel weapon but I’m sure there are motivators to just dig your own grave.
View Quote

No such thing as the mob, but if there was you'd dig the grave on the idea it's not for you, then as your buddy steps behind you, lights out
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#15]
No chance.  I will go standing up and fighting, no matter what.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#16]
No, but I've thought more than once about building my own coffin.  Guess that's a different thread though.  

On the other hand, if I could convince the assailant to let me go ahead, it could buy me a bunch of time.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Many movies, be it mobster or war movies, have a scene of the victim digging their own grave.

View Quote
OP is correct.  Gonna die anyway.  Why should I die tired?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Jews of Eastern Europe did this by the literal hundreds of thousands in the wake of the German advance towards Russia in 1941.

Not only did they willingly dig their own graves, but at Babi Yar, they were instructed to lay down on the corpses of the groups that preceeded them and were then shot in the back of the neck. This process was repeated until 33,771 men, women, and children were murdered in this way.

Very few resisted at all and this was commonplace behavior. Though many did not know their fates until it was too late, they still did as instructed (even after figuring out what was going to happen).
View Quote

That's another real life example I have a hard time comprehending.

The Germans did this more than once, where they lined them up along long trench style mass graves, then went down the line, shooting them in the back of the head. You KNOW you're about to be executed. There's no, "Well, maybe they won't shoot ME, like they already did to the 3 people on my left..."

Why wouldn't you fight?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No such thing as the mob, but if there was you'd dig the grave on the idea it's not for you, then as your buddy steps behind you, lights out
View Quote

I have no idea what led you to believe this, but you are very wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#20]
I do at least once a day.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Preceded by fling dirt in their face and attempt to bash them with the shovel.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yeah hand me a shovel and I'll try to take one of them with me
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have no idea what led you to believe this, but you are very wrong.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Edit: fixed for Italiano
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I think that historically, you knew you were dead, if you didn't dig your own grave the coyotes would be eating your carcass.  
Some people might object to this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Firm believer in PDH. No point in waiting to dig until you actually need the hole.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I would dig my own grave.....well start to because I would die before I got a foot into the dead or I would be laying on the ground trying to catch my breath and they would shoot me because I was taking too long....
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’m in the “hit a motherfucker in the face with this shovel” mindset.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

With a man standing 10 yards away with something that fires lead?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’d say “Sure…hand me the shovel…you know, that long handled weapon of steel?”

Success is optional, trying your best is mandatory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's another real life example I have a hard time comprehending.

The Germans did this more than once, where they lined them up along long trench style mass graves, then went down the line, shooting them in the back of the head. You KNOW you're about to be executed. There's no, "Well, maybe they won't shoot ME, like they already did to the 3 people on my left..."

Why wouldn't you fight?
View Quote

In situations like those, the people who would fight already did and they are gone.  Leaving only the ones without the spirit to fight, who meekly submit to the end.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I post in GD while TPTB are priming America for a purge of "right wing extremism", so I already am.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Don't get in the car.  Don't allow them to take you to the second location.  Always resist.  Fight like hell.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd say "Sure hand me the shovel you know, that long handled weapon of steel?"

Fuck yes.

What you do is pretend to comply and start digging.  Eventually the guy holding the gun is going to let his guard down a bit and at that point you fake an injury, start sobbing, something to make him come closer to force you to continue.  Dirt to the face, swing the shovel at his gun, then rush in and attack.

You may still die but at least you didn't go out like a bitch.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top