Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2022 2:24:13 AM EDT
Can have any gun shipped to your home directly like Pre-1968.
Just like AR uppers are right now currently.
I ask this because there are two sides on this even if the laws would change one likes to see the gun in person and see how they like the ergonomics and trigger before buying. The other does not care about that and would rather ship it back if it does not work out for them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#1]
No

I hate things that are convenient
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:26:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd probably buy the majority of them online.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:28:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It was so cool getting my M1 Garand shipped to my door from the CMP. Then back when I had a C&R license I got a few shipped right to me. I should have never let that license lapse.
I would be broke
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't only buy online, but stores would definitely have to up their game on availability. Heck, most of the stuff I buy now is online and shipped to the ffl simply because no one local has what I'm looking for in stock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:43:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't only buy online, but stores would definitely have to up their game on availability. Heck, most of the stuff I buy now is online and shipped to the ffl simply because no one local has what I'm looking for in stock.
View Quote
Not only up their game on availability, but also price. And have an up to minute searchable website. One of the big advantages of online is being able to see who has what in stock, while sitting on the crapper. No need to physically visit one or more locations looking for what I want.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I already only buy firearms online. The FFL I use does up to 3 transfers for $25 or up to 6 for $50
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:53:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ask this because there are two sides on this even if the laws would change one likes to see the gun in person and see how they like the ergonomics and trigger before buying. The other does not care about that and would rather ship it back if it does not work out for them.
View Quote

there's not two sides. (well, i guess there is) freedom, or infringement. there shouldn't be a second choice, after freedom.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 3:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I gave up shopping local gun shops years ago. Not so much because of lack of variety, but because of pricing. I couldn't even get the local guys to order for what I could get online including transfer fees.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#10]
The last gun I bought in store was my 365XL. Sportsman's Warehouse had it on sale for $579, plus gave me a $50 gift card which was essentially a 3rd mag.

I don't mind buying local but most shops around here can't come close. I'm not going to spend $50-$200 more to buy local.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#11]
No. I love being swept. It’s exciting.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:09:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Since most online retailers have added a pulldown showing all the FFLs they have on file, I pretty much don't go to brick and mortar gun shops.
Even before that, I'd only go to gunshops with a purpose.
I'm not a looky loo. When I'd go into a gun shop, I knew exactly what I wanted, told the counter guy, and if they didn't have it, or wouldn't order it, I left.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Honestly I'd just like to be able to purchase ammo online again. Fuck California and fuck all Democrats.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 5:16:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely.

I hate going into stores. Especially gun stores. Most employees are fucking retarded.

If I could relatively easily 80% every gun I would.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:20:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I would. There are several gun stores In my town, all but one have pissed me off with stupid retarded policies or retarded sales people spouting absolute nonsense.
The one I use now I only use for transfers. They seem the most knowledgeable and don’t belittle on me on my purchases.
They were actually quite interested in how I had a 40mm transferred in without being an NFA item.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:21:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can answer this.  

Here in Canada, it is possible to legally buy firearms through the mail. One time, I enjoyed a huge laugh watching the postage lady struggle carrying 25 Garand receivers to my front door.

I still go to gunshops because nothing really replaces the convenience of a local gunshop
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#18]
The incompetence of people working at USPS, FedEx, and UPS makes me say no.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:37:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I already only buy firearms online. The FFL I use does up to 3 transfers for $25 or up to 6 for $50
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:46:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I buy online most of the time. The only time I wouldn't is if I'm buying a new pistol. I have to see how it feels in my hand.

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Sometimes I need to handle and look over something in person before deciding I either can't live without it or that I hate the ergos, cheap-assed feel, discover that the condition is just that bit too crummy to put up with (on used ones), etc.
All that's a whole lot easier at a shop than doing the inspection period crap and dealing with the PITA of shipping stuff back that didn't make the cut.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#22]
From an ideological point, I can see the value of not having your delivery address connected to a gun purchase.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#23]
New guns yes. Used guns, unless they are like new, no.  

I have had some bad experiences with used guns in the past.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I dream of a world where market forces, not immoral regulation, dictates how I buy stuff. I mean, literally, the scenario in the OP is a dream of mine.

I'd probably buy most online but still see the value in selling to or trading with a dealer, and would probably even buy from a dealer under certain circumstances. Only time and experience would tell how this played out. But it sure would be nice to try.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 8:59:36 AM EDT
[#25]
If Buc-ees sold guns, I wouldn't go anywhere else
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#26]
My dream is a mobile gun shop that hits all the local ranges and does house calls, like the Snap-on truck just with cases of 5.56.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#27]
I buy local whenever I can.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:15:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I am still friends with other enthusiasts I met at my favorite gunshop  25+ years ago.

Convenience is good, so is friendship with like minded people.
That said, I am an FFL that sells almost exclusively online and acquire much of my inventory the same way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:19:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd never go in a gun store again
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Nope.

I want to inspect the gun before buying.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#32]
IMO private F to F purchase adds value to a piece. A good friend bought an AR50 I hooked him up with for that very reason. I'm on paper for a lot of things, 4473, C&R license, bound books. But if I can avoid that, I will. Some people don't understand the value and freedom about private purchase. One look at my ID or CCW, cash changes hands, I've never met you and on my way.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#34]
I would but where ever has the better price.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:33:32 AM EDT
[#36]
If Arfcom existed in 1968 we would be up in arms bitching about having to buy through an FFL.

Now we boast about our local cheap FFL or how we can avoid the background check b/c of a concealed license.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:34:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My dream is a mobile gun shop that hits all the local ranges and does house calls, like the Snap-on truck just with cases of 5.56.
View Quote

Serious question. Could this be done? Because that is the best idea i have heard all week.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Not only, but I'd definitely do at least some that way.  Better than the current ordering from PSA, paying for them to ship it to the local PSA store, waiting for the shipment from Columbia to Greenville, waiting for them to find the shipment and log it in, then filling the e 4473 on a booger covered tablet touchscreen.  

For anything I couldn't get locally, I wouldn't hesitate to order for direct home delivery instead of doing all those other things.  I'd still buy in-store if they had what I wanted, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah online is much better. I used to drive all around town going to different gun shops and gun shows hunting for the guns I wanted. Now I can just get online and find them much easier. I like rarer guns, so the internet is where it's at.

If you just want a Glock and a AR15 or something basic then a sports store like Academy will do for most new shooters. I do like Collectors Firearms here in Houston. They have a huge inventory. But prices are better online usually.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The incompetence of people working at USPS, FedEx, and UPS makes me say no.
View Quote

How do you think the guns get to the LGS from the distributor in the first place?

ETA: Even Walmart gets their guns from distributors like Sports South which ships them to the stores via common carrier.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:27:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I already only buy firearms online.
View Quote

This. Have two buddies with FFL's. Being in NY doesn't help since anything cool isn't allowed so gun shops aren't too exciting around here. The only decent one we had closed.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I love walking into a gun shop.  Most shops anyway.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've learned people get rid of stuff for a reason
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve easily bought and then sold 3x the guns I currently own over the years just because I wanted to try something different.

I sold 3 bolt guns last year that were $3K+ each just because I didn’t shoot them much and wanted another AI instead.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
All of this.  The big reason I've never bought from BCM is that they never have anything in stock.  I'd never set foot in a gun shop again if I could
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#46]
If you could only have sex with women would you stop having sex with men?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I am trying to remember the last gun I bought from an actual store, it must be 25 years or more.  LGS suck, they are full of idiots and low IQ fucktards.

I buy everything online, guns, parts, ammo, etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Serious question. Could this be done? Because that is the best idea i have heard all week.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless there are laws requiring brick and mortar or the amount of guns and ammo you can drive around with or restrictions on transporting hazmat ammo, I don’t see why not.

The other option would be to travel with catalogs and sell to people in their homes and then have it include delivery.

Or set it up where you have the customer tell you what 5 or 6 guns they would like to handle and then show up with those for them to try out.

Also, most gun ranges have a gun shop and I doubt they’d be welcoming to your truck showing up and selling guns and ammo on their property.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Sometimes I need to handle and look over something in person before deciding I either can't live without it or that I hate the ergos, cheap-assed feel, discover that the condition is just that bit too crummy to put up with (on used ones), etc.
All that's a whole lot easier at a shop than doing the inspection period crap and dealing with the PITA of shipping stuff back that didn't make the cut.
View Quote

Was going to type something, but this sums it up.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Some guns/parts I want to hold and see if they fit me.

But I doubt many brick and mortar stores would survive .
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top