Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Necro.

If I saw a Xeno I'd pee and poop myself and then cry like a child.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Necro.

If I saw a Xeno I'd pee and poop myself and then cry like a child.

The problem is...you don't see them...

When I played AVP2 all the time, the good ones would just chill in dark ass spots...usually upside down on the ceiling right near doorways...when they camp like that, they don't show up on the motion detector.

So you're scanning, being all paranoid and shit...then....*thwip*...they stun you with their tail.   You shoot wildly, maybe even shoot a grenade at your feet so they can't have the pleasure of eating your head....

It's great fun.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What about a nymphomorph?

She'll break your penis and it will hurt.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I played one of the avp games as the alien and by the time the game was over I was actually sorry for the humans and the predators.

Aliens are bad mamajamas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I played one of the avp games as the alien and by the time the game was over I was actually sorry for the humans and the predators.

Aliens are bad mamajamas.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

The predaliens are fucking whores.

I hated them.

I played this:

Praetorian.

Total tank.  Can't wallwalk, can't pounce...but can absorb and dish out massive damage.

Loved playing it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 3:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Xenomorph just means any non-earthly form...  Little grey men are "xenomorphs".  It is not a specific name for that one creature.  Where the fuck did people get the idea that it referred to that creature specifically?
Its used in the movie 1 time when they do not know what they are dealing with yet.  Lt. Gorman uses it as a sort of placeholder word since they don't know what they will encounter, so he uses a technical sounding generic term.
Fuck sake people!  Xenomorph does not mean ALIEN franchise creature specifically.

Are you sure about that?
Yes I am sure about that...  Its used in the movie 1 time, when Gorman says "All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony,  and that a xenomorph may be involved".  At that point in the movie they don't know what they are up against, and he is just using it to mean a unknown non-terrestrial life form.

I know people hate wiki, but see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%28creature_in_Alien_franchise%29#Name

"This creature has no specific name, and has been referred to most often
onscreen, and in the credits of each film, simply as the Alien. It was called an alien, and an organism, in the first film. It has also been referred to as a creature, a serpent, a beast, a dragon, a monster, or simply, a thing. The term xenomorph (lit. "alien form"—from Greek xeno- or "strange" and -morph, shape) was used by the character Lt Gorman in Aliens and by Ellen Riply in a deleted scene from Alien 3. This term has been adopted by fans and used in merchandising as a convenient name."

Its a fannon thing.  Its not the cannon name....  When saying it, the characters are literally just saying "Alien" and not a specific name.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Xenomorph just means any non-earthly form...  Little grey men are "xenomorphs".  It is not a specific name for that one creature.  Where the fuck did people get the idea that it referred to that creature specifically?

Its used in the movie 1 time when they do not know what they are dealing with yet.  Lt. Gorman uses it as a sort of placeholder word since they don't know what they will encounter, so he uses a technical sounding generic term.

Fuck sake people!  Xenomorph does not mean ALIEN franchise creature specifically.

Are you sure about that?
Yes I am sure about that...  Its used in the movie 1 time, when Gorman says "All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony,  and that a xenomorph may be involved".  At that point in the movie they don't know what they are up against, and he is just using it to mean a unknown non-terrestrial life form.

I know people hate wiki, but see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%28creature_in_Alien_franchise%29#Name

"This creature has no specific name, and has been referred to most often onscreen, and in the credits of each film, simply as the Alien. It was called an alien, and an organism, in the first film. It has also been referred to as a creature, a serpent, a beast, a dragon, a monster, or simply, a thing. The term xenomorph (lit. "alien form"—from Greek xeno- or "strange" and -morph, shape) was used by the character Lt Gorman in Aliens and by Ellen Riply in a deleted scene from Alien 3. This term has been adopted by fans and used in merchandising as a convenient name."

Its a fannon thing.  Its not the cannon name....  When saying it, the characters are literally just saying "Alien" and not a specific name.

Regardless, in popular culture, Xenomorph is the name given to the movie creature.  The dictionary definition is a moot point.  Outside of a textbook or science class, Xenomorph means Ridley Scott's creation.  

Ask anyone who has seen the movie at one point in their life what a Xenomorph is--87% will say the creature from Alien.  

Same thing with UFO.  UFO simply means unidentified, but it is now used solely to describe ET, Alf, and their cousins.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Fanon", "canon". And it's irrelevant -- all the other names are even more generic and difficult to recognize. "Xenomorphs" gets your nearly universally understood meaning across in three syllables. Saying "the alien" or "an alien" or "organism" would be much more ambiguous, and saying "the alien from Alien" or "H.R. Giger's alien" or any other name takes longer and makes you sound like a dingus.

There is no confusion about the term "Xenomorph". To my knowledge, it hasn't been used in any other ridiculously famous movie to name the antagonist, and I've never witnessed anyone write it or say it to mean anything but the bugs from Aliens.

"Xenomorph" is the most concise, most obvious, most interesting, least phrasey, and therefore best name for the-bugs-from-Aliens.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How fast are Necros?

Can they pounce like Xenos?

Wall and ceiling walk like Xenos?

I've played against Xenos in AVP2, talented ones, and it's fucking terrifying.

This!.....

If I saw a real xeno I will grab and break my own neck before he got to me.... That's if I don't have my trusty M41a pulse rifle handy!

Seriously though, break my own neck. Had a scary thing for the HR Giger xeno since I was a child.

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me sir, a what?

yup...bug hunt
How do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:30:31 PM EDT
[#11]
PSA for all the guys choosing to fight the Necromorph:

The fastest way to kill one of them is to shoot the limbs off. Seems counter intuitive, but they go down quicker without their limbs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Those two are pussies compared to the .......

Michelleomorph

Link Posted: 12/19/2012 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#13]
If I'm fighting Necromorphs do I get a suit of badass Elite Advanced Rig armor and a fully done out plasma cutter?

If that is the case, then sign me up. I've been practicing my insane screamy stomp.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:19:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Those two are pussies compared to the .......

Michelleomorph

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/michelle-obama-henpeck.jpg

Scariest thing in this thread.  It is capable of toppling democracies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 5:23:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I'm fighting Necromorphs do I get a suit of badass Elite Advanced Rig armor and a fully done out plasma cutter?

If that is the case, then sign me up. I've been practicing my insane screamy stomp.

Nope, you are only allowed to use the gear and guns you have now.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#16]
What about a trilobite from Prometheus?
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What about a trilobite from Prometheus?

Never saw it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:41:15 AM EDT
[#18]
#2 for me
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Necromorph, as long as a center-mass hit is lethal.  The Xenomorph's acid blood and high speed makes scary as fuck to engage with any weapon.

You kill necros by dismemberment... I'd still pick them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#21]
NOT TO BE A COMPLETE KILLJOY...

BUT IF YOU POSTED IN THE XENOMORPH VS NECROMORPH THREAD AND HAVEN'T CONTACTED YOUR CONGRESSMAN/SENATOR ABOUT THE UPCOMING AWB...

YOU ARE WORSE THAN A FUCKING LIBERAL DEMOCRAT
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:30:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case, NEITHER.

Fighting off Xenos with pulse weaponry and a nice flame thrower... no thanks.

Attempting to chop up Necros without cutting weapons and good stomping boots... no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Necromorph, as long as a center-mass hit is lethal.  The Xenomorph's acid blood and high speed makes scary as fuck to engage with any weapon.

Indeed!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 8:59:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I only need to know one thing, man...

Where. They. Are.

Right, right. Somebody said "alien" she thought they said "illegal alien" and signed up!
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:01:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Headcrabs.

All you need is a Glock or crowbar.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:12:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
NOT TO BE A COMPLETE KILLJOY...

Is it hard to breathe in the thin air all the way up there on your high horse? Go shit in someone else's thread.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If I was the Borg, I would find a way to assimilate the Xenomorphs.

They tried that with Species 8472.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Is there a libtardmorph?

Cause I really want to stab one of those in the face with a dull knife
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In that case, NEITHER.

Fighting off Xenos with pulse weaponry and a nice flame thrower... no thanks.

Attempting to chop up Necros without cutting weapons and good stomping boots... no thanks.

YOU MUST CHOOSE!

Personally. I would rather face xenomorphs. The necromorph thing is just too disturbing for me. I think I could survive with my AR and M&P9 or 45.

And Necromorphs can be big hulks.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You kill necros by dismemberment... I'd still pick them.

Yup, they've got bones.

Know what it looks like when a 223 or 308 hits a bone? Especially a bigger long bone?

It's like someone stuck a little piece of dynamite there and set it off.

The Necromorphs are slow and loud ensuring I can get a good easy shot. Those fucking Aliens, fuck that. They're scary fast and ambush from dark places while being quiet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#31]
As a Jedi Master, neither opponent impresses me.
Link Posted: 12/20/2012 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I was the Borg, I would find a way to assimilate the Xenomorphs.

They tried that with Species 8472.

And that worked out so well for the Borg.

Link Posted: 12/20/2012 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As a Jedi Master, neither opponent impresses me.

I doubt that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top