Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absofuckinglutely
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nope, I don't need the stress of worrying about it the rest of my life.

You guys can have it.
View Quote
This.  What isn't mine isn't mine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd call the cops and report the $5 million I found.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Hell no. I would hang out on any west or south west bound interstate at night when these convoys roll through, follow one until they gas up and slip it on their tow vehicle.

https://gdayfromtexas.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/img_5892.jpg
View Quote
Southwest people-
What’s the deal with these convoys? Are they simple used car carvans? An elaborate front for smuggling cash?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd tell my wife she is offically retired, as i put her on the bus and sent her to see her mom.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:23:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Just be sure to take some agua back.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You guys can have it.
View Quote
I like my life and don't want to spend the rest of it looking behind me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
myob
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#9]
NO, and not on principle.  My luck I’d leave a fingerprint or hair or something and be charged with murder.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
If you took it and cleaned it of any tracking device, then hid it and just spent a little here and a little there until a good period of time passed, you would be fine. Where 99.999999987% of people would fuck up is telling another human about it.

People running their yap is what gets them every single time.

Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Sounds good, right?  Reality is, no one can sit on that much money for that long, especially if they never had that much before in their life.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A more interesting question is if it were $10m in coke only.
View Quote
Now THAT I definitely would want no part of. You’d get busted by both the cops and the cartel so damn fast...
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'd tell my wife she is offically retired, as i put her on the bus and sent her to see her mom.
View Quote
Such a good movie.

And yes, I would and my wife knows I know how to live that life and would follow every direction.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Southwest people-
What’s the deal with these convoys? Are they simple used car carvans? An elaborate front for smuggling cash?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell no. I would hang out on any west or south west bound interstate at night when these convoys roll through, follow one until they gas up and slip it on their tow vehicle.

Southwest people-
Wrecker buddy said they’re picked up at auction and hauled back to Mexico for Scrap, parts, or to be fixed and sold.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Southwest people-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southwest people-
I see them all the time on I-20, I-26, I-85, I-95....always heading south or southwest. I saw one using a fucking rope to tow a car on an interstate. Mostly I see them at night.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Now THAT I definitely would want no part of. You’d get busted by both the cops and the cartel so damn fast...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A more interesting question is if it were $10m in coke only.
WTF is the amateur hour?   You sell it to a rival cartel while in blackface with a sombrero on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I keep a faraday cage in the back of my pickup for this very reason.
View Quote
And all this time I thought I was the only one . . . I like how you roll
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:29:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A guy Iknow in Mexico saw some cartel guys stashing money in a grave.

He watched it for a few days and went down there late one night and pulled that suitcase out and made it across the border with well over a million USD.

They're still looking for him.
View Quote
Cartel guys knocking on your door in 3 2 1.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I wouldn't be delivering any water later that evening... I can tell you that..
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd steal whatever I deem is close to 100K, pay off all my debt and buy a new car

Then put away 40% of my paycheck for the next 23 years and retire at 45
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#21]
What money?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck yes I would.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#23]
No. Have you seen what these monsters do to people? FYI, it won't just happen to you.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#24]
lol all this talk of tracking devices. You think they don't have several sets of eyes on it?

I'm not taking shit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Absofuckinglutely
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
would I hell yes I just need Ben Affleck to pull it off,Problem I don't Know any cartel members
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I see them all the time on I-20, I-26, I-85, I-95....always heading south or southwest. I saw one using a fucking rope to tow a car on an interstate. Mostly I see them at night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southwest people-
...... mostly
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:41:39 PM EDT
[#28]
What cash?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'd steal whatever I deem is close to 100K, pay off all my debt and buy a new car

Then put away 40% of my paycheck for the next 23 years and retire at 45
View Quote
I would take the money then blow up the scene.They'll spend a month sifting through the rubble and by the time they figure out what went wrong I’ll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:47:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
...... mostly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Southwest people-
...... mostly
......mostly REPORTED

Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I would check the driver also.....To make sure he didn't have any illegal guns on him...because I need to do my part to get those off the street .  I would vacuum seal those bundles of coke and save them for a rainy day.....Fuck yes I would secure that 10 million.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You guys can have it.
View Quote
Not having to look over my shoulder for the rest of my life wondering when they are going to find me and have a sicario smoke my whole family is worth more than 10mil to me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:50:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yep. And I wouldnt tell a soul.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. And I wouldnt tell a soul.
This.
Unless you needed some good ideas on what to do with it.  Then you might start a hypothetical thread on arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I prefer my face on my head, and not sewn to a soccer ball, so no.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Cartel money?

Nope.  No thanks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Rent the nearest hotel room with a microwave.

Nuke the bundles of cash for about 10 seconds a pop till you find the tracker.

Done.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd look both directions to make sure no one was coming.  Then I'd cut open one of the packages of coke and take a long hard snort down both nostrils, get back in my car and haul ass.  Then I'd think to my self what a lucky son of a bitch am I.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:01:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
what $10M? I don't know anything about $10M.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#40]
No, there is no way that I would steal the $1m $500k $100k $50k $10k that I found at that accident.  I would leave it right there.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:09:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Yep, in a skinny minute.

I used to roam the Southern AZ desert, a LOT. I was broke as hell working multiple jobs to support a wife and two kids. Hunting was cheap fun.

My frequent fantasy was to snoop up on a small plane off loading dope and picking up cash. I figured to kill 'em all and bolt with the cash. Back then I imagined one pilot and three driver/loaders for a couple vehicles. I thought that with a good hasty ambush my odds against four would be good. Leave the dope (I figured bales of MJ), maybe somebody with an interest in that shit might come along lift the dope and muddy the waters for any trackers.

Trickling a hundred or so bucks a week into the family budget back in the early '70s would have made my life way easier.  The problem would have been securing and storage of that much cash.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Keep driving.

Come back in a rental w/ the plate removed, ski mask, gloves, and skim a few bills out of each stack but not taking the whole pile.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Done.
View Quote
You know how I know you’ve fished the straights of FL and pondered what you would do if you found something floating? LOL.

In theory it’s simple, throw it in your chum net like it’s trash. Scan the horizon for boats that could be watching. Scan the air for the Predator. Finally open it, separate it out bill by bill. If there’s a tracker, sink it. Don’t tell a soul. Don’t spend a fucking dollar of it for like 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Yes, call a friend and meet me in a hotel in S.A. go through the cash make sure there are no bugs, split it between me and him(give him 3mil), then drive to El Paso and do a vehicle trade in. Drive back home and hide the stash around my secluded property.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:21:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You know how I know you’ve fished the straights of FL and pondered what you would do if you found something floating? LOL.

In theory it’s simple, throw it in your chum net like it’s trash. Scan the horizon for boats that could be watching. Scan the air for the Predator. Finally open it, separate it out bill by bill. If there’s a tracker, sink it. Don’t tell a soul. Don’t spend a fucking dollar of it for like 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Done.

They can make water proof trackers.

Not many things like microwaves.

Should take you a half hour or so of microwaving bills to find the tracker if there is one.  Should nuke a transmitter antenna in a few second.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
and you would be my hero, they come through here all the time with their sketchy at best tow setups
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:33:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Take money, discard the bags they are in and check for electronic transmitters.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#48]
all you guys taking the money and disposing of the tracking device failed to find the front and rear facing cameras that now have pictures and video of you and your vehicle.

Enjoy the money for the short period of life you have remaining.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:38:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Hell yeah, it's only 10 Mil. They probably write that off in a couple weeks. Pocket change these days for them....
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 1:02:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Yep.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top