Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 25
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would have paid a bit more if it was an option to  have the upper completed and not stripped. I'll be finishing it up and making it complete.
View Quote
Oh but you can...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What about filling some sort of projectile with some kind of powder, like a chalk round?  It would make a satisfying cloud of dust.
View Quote
IV8888 has a YouTube video doing that.
X Products Multi Purpose Launcher: First Look
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheapest BCG out there these days?  Realized my only spare is a nice NIB one - hate to use that here.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#4]
EE
Toms Tactical
WC Armory Toolcraft

Should all have cheap bcgs.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cheapest BCG out there these days?  Realized my only spare is a nice NIB one - hate to use that here.
View Quote
F5 sells a lightweight BCG for something like $105. If you were ever interested in one. Put it in a rifle you want to use it in and put the other one in the cannon. (this is what I did) my Feitherweight upper now has a featherweight BGC and the other one that was newish (less than 100rds) was put into the cannon.

if you're not interested in that, just keep an eye on PSA for this kind of a deal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I need fifty dolla to make you holla...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was more thinking a pair projectiles; one stuffed with strike-anywhere match-heads on top of a mini-can full of gasoline... but yeah, Cayenne could be fun too. Maybe sugar/oxidizer (r-candy) smoke screen ball; light fuse and launch.

this can launcher is definitely chock full of hold my beer potential though.
View Quote
Well... Regardless of the legality of what you are saying, I think you should shoot your cannon a few times with soda or water and see if you really want vaporized gasoline igniting in the tube should the can rupture.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#8]
OK... I just pulld the trigger. LET'S GOOOO!

Quoted:

Well... Regardless of the legality of what you are saying, I think you should shoot your cannon a few times with soda or water and see if you really want vaporized gasoline igniting in the tube should the can rupture.
View Quote
if it ruptures in the tube the gas won't ignite in the tube because it needs air. It'll make a hell of an arm-hair singing fireball though
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ahwg.gif

if it ruptures in the tube the gas won't ignite in the tube because it needs air. It'll make a hell of an arm-hair singing fireball though
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ahwg.gif

Quoted:

Ehhhh

There's a pretty big expansion chamber in there, but it's unknown whether it the oxygen would be gone. You do you, though!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck. I'll hold your beer for you. (A few yards behind you) and watch you do it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, That fucking $50 BCG for my can cannon just cost me another couple hundred at PA..... bunch a gosh darn enablers around these parts
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:14:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anyone know of a good mold for ice projectiles?  My thought is it would be easy to clean up (if it was just ice).

Is a ram rod needed to get the projectile all the way to the back of the barrel?

Anyone use these as a line thrower?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Does anyone know of a good mold for ice projectiles?  My thought is it would be easy to clean up (if it was just ice).

Is a ram rod needed to get the projectile all the way to the back of the barrel?

View Quote
I don't know shit about ice molds but couldn't you just use some pipe with the right od and one end plugged?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Emailed them to see if they would do a Golfball diameter model for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
DEAL ALERT...

Primary Arms has BCA side charging stripped upper for $75 and the side charging complete BCG for $60. That’s about half off from BCAs price.
And once you sell the stripped F5 upper on the EE you’re talking even more savings!

So I’ve got the long-tube launcher ordered for $150, BCA side charging upper with BCG for $135 ordered, and I already have an ACE ARFX-E short stock, PSA LPK and Hogue grip kicking around the parts bin.

All I need now is a custom engraved 80% and about 2 hours of mill time.

Winning!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Beer can + can opener maybe?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Emailed them to see if they would do a Golfball diameter model for me.
View Quote
I already figured out how to make one...
It's in work and will be tested shortly.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#18]
They would not sell me just the barrel assembly, if anyone was curious.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ice projectiles are a great idea. Ram rod not really needed. Especially if you pulled the bolt to the rear first.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Wonder what could be used for a front sight to make these work... Obviously the ranges wont be accurate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They would not sell me just the barrel assembly, if anyone was curious.
View Quote
Makes me wonder if they are watching this thread.

The cannon tube threads off really easily. No strap wrench required.

I found a local machine shop that is willing to work with me to make a smaller barrel for the golfball thing we were talking about. For now I have an older aluminum FF tube I will try. If it works... I'll get the AL FF tube in a few different lengths. With as light as the golfball is. I think there is a good potential for more distance with an older style un vented 12" or 15" tube. It will work with the barrel they sell. And at $150, Even if you just want the barrel. it's still cheap. you get an upper worth a few $ and a cannon tube that may be turned into the worlds largest Form 1 9mm suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wonder what could be used for a front sight to make these work... Obviously the ranges wont be accurate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/237639/leafs-599562.JPG
View Quote
Lowest front sight possible. How about a picatiny sling stud. put on top with a Pointed tipped allen driven set screw put in backwards?

and

Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I should order a launcher to try.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks, That fucking $50 BCG for my can cannon just cost me another couple hundred at PA..... bunch a gosh darn enablers around these parts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You're welcome, I think  I don't recall seeing a BCG that cheap before, oddly enough for me shipping two somehow came out to a higher per each cost than shipping only one... few pennies difference, but still a little strange. Anyway that let me hold out and just get the one...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep its identical to the x-products can cannon in every way other than it will not have a forward assist. Tennis balls work great in them, almost shoot too far for the doggies to chase down lol
Challenged accepted!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64530/ADA208A4-A178-4FF4-8EF4-7BCFCA58BBFD-588380.JPG
Don't let your buddy chew on tennis balls the glue in them reacts with dogs saliva in a bad way...use an Orby ball instead.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#26]
How loud are these upon firing it? like a unsuppressed 5.56?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How loud are these upon firing it? like a unsuppressed 5.56?
View Quote
Not all, at least not when launching a can or tennis ball. The sound profile is completely different, cans are more of a thump sound. Tennis balls have a lower tone pinging sound. Still, I wouldn't fire without ear pro...
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You're welcome, I think  I don't recall seeing a BCG that cheap before, oddly enough for me shipping two somehow came out to a higher per each cost than shipping only one... few pennies difference, but still a little strange. Anyway that let me hold out and just get the one...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely thanks! I was just going to BCG swap, for $50, why bother. The other stuff I had been putting off ordering anyway, just a matter of time before PA got more of my money....
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#29]
F5 website is down for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/237639/leafs-599562.JPG
View Quote
@ZacSquatch - where did you get those sights?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#31]
This is really fun seeing all the same stuff come up in this thread as we did in the original

Here's a sketch that I did way back. It materialized unto the gun in this thread.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#32]
We got tired of chasing tennis balls so we made a game out of shooting them straight up and catching them.  It is harder that it looks.  They get just over the tree then the wind kicks in.  The shooter has to do a lot of corrections.  Fun times!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#33]
To those that have ordered from F5, I'm trying to calculate the cost for a group buy. I see the free shipping option in checkout, is the shipping free?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:35:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Where are you’ll getting blanks?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:36:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most in here said they ordered them from F5 when they ordered their launcher
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#36]
have the CEO's antigun shananigans been covered?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:07:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
have the CEO's antigun shananigans been covered?
View Quote
You should read the thread
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#38]
For anyone interested in loading blanks, I have a thread going here.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Loading-223-5-56-Blanks-/42-490581/?r=-1&page=1&anc=4978238#i4978238

So far, I'm getting great results with Red Dot. I'm still testing, but, it looks like 4gr will be what I go with. cost for each rd will be about 5 cents. This is only counting the cost of the primer and powder. I'll be using end of life brass for my blanks, get that last use in the can cannon and toss the brass

The largest expense is the Hornady blank Crimp dies. I paid $95 shipped from amazon....
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
To those that have ordered from F5, I'm trying to calculate the cost for a group buy. I see the free shipping option in checkout, is the shipping free?
View Quote
If a group buy happens contact me.

I really want the golfball diameter but if we get a good deal on the can size...
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This is really fun seeing all the same stuff come up in this thread as we did in the original

Here's a sketch that I did way back. It materialized unto the gun in this thread.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75400/DF1433C6-AC1D-40BB-BA71-B0161175ACE2-599689.JPG
View Quote
ARES Defense SCR with a wood stock would look good....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:08:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Never mind what the hyperlink says, here's the F5Mfg blanks for sale.

100 M200 blanks for $40.

I now have a can launcher and 100 blanks en route.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#42]
that's what I am doing with mine. Got a Rem 1100 stock coming, SCR lower and F5 can cannon!
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
that's what I am doing with mine. Got a Rem 1100 stock coming, SCR lower and F5 can cannon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You're gonna definitely need to post pics of it
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I will !
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:01:46 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/75400/DF1433C6-AC1D-40BB-BA71-B0161175ACE2-599689.JPG
ARES Defense SCR with a wood stock would look good....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136710/ARES_SCR-600280.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136710/822dc426dbef016691dbcc78c411f777-600286.JPG
It needs to be inverted on the stock in order to have it in the shoulder and still use the sights.

Hence why my shoulder thing goes up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Can these things launch tennis balls?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Can these things launch tennis balls?
View Quote
I launched 18 this morning, $8 bag of tennis balls from Wal-Mart. So, yes

The first few launches, burn off the fuzz, turns it a little black. But, if you can find them, they can be launched over and over...

Edit:

Wal-mart, also has "sams" soda in 6oz cans for $1.54 per six pack, I wouldn't drink it, but I launched a 12 pack this morning
Get a little more range than 12oz cans do.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

100 M200 blanks for $40.

For folks wanting a BCG, F5Mfg sells one for $50.90.

View Quote
Someone might be a little upset when the Bolt carrier arrives without a bolt....
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Someone might be a little upset when the Bolt carrier arrives without a bolt....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100 M200 blanks for $40.

For folks wanting a BCG, F5Mfg sells one for $50.90.

Oh those pesky details...
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Oh I will !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I will !

Not to scale, but just to give you a preview...
Page / 25
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top