Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I love all the fun answers

For the serious answer?

If you do anything, and you might never know their true intent.

Id do nothing. Not turn on a light, move a blind, say nothing. I dont want them to know theyre being watched. I want them to start doing what they intended to do so a week later im still left wondering. I want clear probable cause established so theres no doubt whatever action taken isnt questioned.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
The camera on the front of my garage picks up quite a few people that pull into my driveway at night, maybe a couple times per week.

But they're just pulling in so they can back out and change directions on my street. It kinda bugs me a little bit, because you can go either way on my street to get out of the neighborhood. There's no real reason to turn around in someone's driveway.

Since the people just leave, it doesn't bother me much when it happens, I never see as it's happening. I do have a motion sensor on the corner of the house along the walkway to the entry. That will turn on the lights outside. I've got a rope LED style light under the ceiling overhang, and it illuminates the front and side of the house pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Hold out the sign…SORRY NO BUD LIGHT
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m calling the cops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Realistically - turn on the porch and driveway lights if anyone exits the vehicle. I’ve got my pistol with me already. If they ring the doorbell, talk to them through the camera, while looking through the other camera feeds to make sure nobody’s sneaking around back.

ARFCOM answer - strip naked and bum rush the intruder with nothing but an erection.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Take off all my clothes, put on the Operator Crocs, turn off the lights and grab a suppressed .22. Nobody else knows they’re here.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It happened to me about 2 months ago.
I got up to get a drink of water at about 0415 and I see a car coming down the driveway.

I go to another window and observe.
Guy gets out of the car and walks to the front door.
He has something in his hand
It drops at the front door and then takes a picture of it.

It was an Amazon delivery. Who knew Amazon would deliver things before dawn?

Good thing I didn't grab the AR head out the back door, circle around, and start blasting him when he got out of the car. Oh, sure, I could have used the backhoe and find a place to dispose the body, maybe on some neighbor's property, but they probably have some GPS that tracks the vehicle and deliveries he has yet to make.  Good thing I am level headed.
View Quote

Hhmmm. That early in the AM that truck was probably packed to the gills. Could have been a good haul.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Mag dumps
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'll assume they're up to no good because they pulled the pin on the driveway gate and let themselves in.

I'll be headed to get a rifle out of the safe and arm the woman too.

View Quote

WTF?! Seriously? Come on, man! You know you're supposed to have a rifle, ready to go, in each room of your house. NEVER more than 4 feet from one at any time...THAT'S that Arfcom way.

You better get your shit straightened out, son. Or there'll be hell to pay.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Immediately let loose a volley of controlled gunfire through the door.

Nakatomi-welcome to the party pal style
View Quote
Controlled gunfire??

Pussy.    Random and erratic FTW
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 10:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Happened a couple weeks ago. I watched them on camera while I slapped the charging handle on my ump. Turned out to be someone that had a package of mine dropped off at their house.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#12]
If he's in the driveway, he's already come through the gate with the "Do Not Enter" sign.
First I send a message to all my relatives, friends and associates telling them that their services are needed.
Then I close and lock the gate by remote control and announce through the p.a. system, "Now you'se can't leave".
Good times ensue.

Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's late at night and most of the lights are off in your home. You are posting on arfcom when all of a sudden a car drives down you driveway . You silently and skillfully look through the blinds and the driver shuts off the ignition and lights.  What is your next move? Do you keep watching ?
View Quote
Considering where I live? Not even remotely normal so immediately go into high alert until proven a false positive.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a large decorative fountain with bright lights in the middle of my circular driveway.  I would just turn it on and that would very likely startle and run off any miscreants.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Take them to my leader?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Roll out the wheel gun
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I blow the pilot lights out on my stove and turn it to 10, then push their left flank.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Attachment Attached File

I’m thinking of putting up a gate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:36:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I just turn on the microphone and announce over my cameras that I am watching them and masturbating furiously.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Simple. Open up the Ring app on my phone, hit the microphone button and say “go away, baitin”
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#22]
All the posts nail it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Go out the front door in nothing but your tighty whities,  wearing a hockey mask while rubbing your stomach with butter. All the while saying "I thought you would never get here. This is going to be awesome!"
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Damn. I haven't seen  "Taps" in a long time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 11:59:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I had this scenario happen to me when I lived in San Bernardino many years ago.  The power had gone out, and I woke up to see what was going on.  I walked to the dining room, which was next to the driveway and looked around to see if it was just my power out, or the neighborhood.  A car turns onto our street, and then shuts off the lights and pulls into my driveway all the way up to the house.  Two guys are in the front seat.  I ran back to the bedroom and got my S&W Model 19 loaded with hollow points and came back to the window in the dining room to see what was going to happen.  All of a sudden, the power came back on and this turned on the lights in the dining room where I was standing and silhouetted me against the window.  The car suddenly started up, and backed out real quick onto the road and took off.  

Just another fun evening in sunny, southern california.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#26]
1. Hit switch closing gates at end of driveway
2. Flip on lights, illuminating yard and dogs collection of bones and dead stuff
3. Set exterior speaker to play  Deliverance clips
4. Video
5. Profit!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's late at night and most of the lights are off in your home. You are posting on arfcom when all of a sudden a car drives down you driveway . You silently and skillfully look through the blinds and the driver shuts off the ignition and lights.  What is your next move? Do you keep watching ?
View Quote

Hope they total it, goodbye loan.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Immediately let loose a volley of controlled gunfire through the door.

Nakatomi-welcome to the party pal style
View Quote

I think we were all thinking that.  Biden approved.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Set fire to the moat
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:59:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:09:32 AM EDT
[#31]
It’s impossible for anyone to drive down my driveway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#32]
They are probably coming over to pet my dog. ;-)
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:15:58 AM EDT
[#33]
This literally happened to me last night. First time ever, having lived here in three years.

tl;dr - I turned on a porch light while keeping out a sight and observed them leave once I did so.

For context, I live on a mountain ridge, with a 1000 foot driveway that has a 150' elevation change -- that driveway connects
to a mile+ of single-lane dirt road, and that leads to a minor 2-lane paved road. There's only four houses that are occupied
full time on my road, and we're all on an in-holding inside a national forest. Literally middle of nowhere.

Driveway is well marked as private, and there's a no trespassing sign. The turnoff to the road is marked too, as being a dead
end and leading to private homes. No one should be here even during the day, but sometimes we get some very lost
idiots, normally summer weekends, lost campers.

The perimeter alarm woke me from a deep sleep last night just before midnight. Absolutely no one should be around
here at that hour. I got up and brought the PVS-14, but didn't need it initially, as they had their lights on. Black crew cab pickup
sat next to the house for about a minute, no movement.

So my real-world answer:

I opted to turn on the porch light but kept myself hidden in the process. They were moving within a couple seconds
of that light coming on, but left at a very slow pace. I waited until they were out of sight and then used the PVS-14
to look out each window to see if anyone had stayed behind or returned from wherever they departed to. Was armed
the whole time. Ended up staying awake for a couple hours and searched with the PVS-14 a couple times.

None of my cameras caught a plate, if they had the sheriff would have gotten it as soon as I had it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:25:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Use the megaphone.  Inquire if the passengers have accepted Jesus as their savior.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I once accidentally locked my wife out of the house. She loaned her key to a babysitter.

She came home and rang the door bell, pounded on the door, called my cell phone, called the landline and honked the car horn. I slept through it.

She gave up and fell asleep in her car.

She had woken the kids up who were five and seven. They went outside at 2am while I slept and walked around on the lawn with flashlights. I slept through this also. They didn't see my wife in her car, I guess they couldn't see in the windows. My wife slept through this also. The kids went back inside and locked her out again.

I woke up at 4am saw all the lights the kids had left on, looked outside and found her outside asleep in her car .

I think cheerleaders and marching band members are pretty safe in my driveway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:33:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This literally happened to me last night. First time ever, having lived here in three years.

tl;dr - I turned on a porch light while keeping out a sight and observed them leave once I did so.

For context, I live on a mountain ridge, with a 1000 foot driveway that has a 150' elevation change -- that driveway connects
to a mile+ of single-lane dirt road, and that leads to a minor 2-lane paved road. There's only four houses that are occupied
full time on my road, and we're all on an in-holding inside a national forest. Literally middle of nowhere.

Driveway is well marked as private, and there's a no trespassing sign. The turnoff to the road is marked too, as being a dead
end and leading to private homes. No one should be here even during the day, but sometimes we get some very lost
idiots, normally summer weekends, lost campers.

The perimeter alarm woke me from a deep sleep last night just before midnight. Absolutely no one should be around
here at that hour. I got up and brought the PVS-14, but didn't need it initially, as they had their lights on. Black crew cab pickup
sat next to the house for about a minute, no movement.

So my real-world answer:

I opted to turn on the porch light but kept myself hidden in the process. They were moving within a couple seconds
of that light coming on, but left at a very slow pace. I waited until they were out of sight and then used the PVS-14
to look out each window to see if anyone had stayed behind or returned from wherever they departed to. Was armed
the whole time. Ended up staying awake for a couple hours and searched with the PVS-14 a couple times.

None of my cameras caught a plate, if they had the sheriff would have gotten it as soon as I had it.
View Quote

They were up to no good
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#37]
I seem to recall a teleprompter reading imbecile that told me to buy a double barrel shotgun, walk outside, and fire two blasts into the air and said strangers would leave.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:44:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They were up to no good
View Quote

That was my take as well, which is why I was looking for license plates.

There's many unoccupied vacation properties in the area, so the main crime (which is pretty rare) here is
someone stealing from them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have night vision and a pitbull...
View Quote

It's probably that gold chain you always wear around the hood that the bros are after.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Go out the back door and circle around. When they go to the front door, I’m under their car stealing their catalytic converter. Surprise, cockfag!
View Quote

When life hands you lemons...
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Is it a Nissan?
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:06:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:33:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I live in the country, any one hearing gun fire will assume dead coyotes happened.

Then crush car, and bury car along with dead/wounded.  buried deep enough ground penetrating radar will not see it.

Just assuming it was to happen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Fire up the laser on the AUG....
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:17:07 AM EDT
[#45]
My perimeter is patrolled by rodeo bulls. Even if a rouge group of matadors attempts a home invasion I should have ample time to hit the self destruct button.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#46]
My perimeter is patrolled by rodeo bulls. Even if a rouge group of matadors attempts a home invasion I should have ample time to hit the self destruct button.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:56:46 AM EDT
[#47]
The driveway alarm would go off when they entered the property. Then the outside motion lights would come on when the car approached the house. I have additional floodlights that I could turn on if necessary. I would reassess and go from there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:24:26 AM EDT
[#48]

It’s Biden Time
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#49]
It's 525 feet from the street to my front door so someone is pretty committed if they come down the drive. I'm the last house on the paved country road and about a dozen cars a week turn around using my driveway. Lost tourist looking for the hotel. But if someone comes to visit late I would be suspicious despite the local crime rate being about 87 percent lower than average.

"Hey Siri, it's party time."

(lights up my bedroom in dim red light)

Grab .357 next to me, make my way to the shotgun.

"Hey Siri, party's over."

(lights in the bedroom turn off, sets the patio and porch IR lights to come on)

I have three external cameras that show three sides of the house. That view is available on my phones, TVs and tablets. They automatically stream encrypt video to the cloud. Two of the cameras favor the front driveway, a third covers the backside of home and shop. I would observe the person/peoples action with the aid of the IR illumination mode my porch lights have. 911 response was quick the first time I called but being there's a sheriff or two patrolling the whole county most nights it's a wait. Any movement outside the car or in the house is going to set my dog off. But if it comes time to respond to a break-in.

"Hey Siri, alert lighting"

(lights up flood lighting on all four sides of the house and shop, lights up the porch and patio spot lights)

That's going to let the bad guys know they home is occupied and conviently light up their path out-of-the-building ... while also presenting me with perfect silhouettes and large shadows. Release the dog, follow her and shoot to stop the felons in the house.

--LIFX is the company that sells smart bulbs that do colors but also have built-in IR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 6:52:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Grab the pistol grip pump, blast song of same, release the Anatolian
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top