You suck.

Attachment Attached File

You still suck.

Attachment Attached File

You are damn obvious.

Attachment Attached File

You glow so bright.

Attachment Attached File

Now, I present to you the real grey man. BEHOLD!

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Discuss.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#1]
OP is not wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:58:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Only gun owners could make something like grey man complicated
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Subscribed.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone post the neck wallet angry Walmart man.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately the time of being a gray man is dead. Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Nobody will notice my Hill People Gear pack!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#8]
So stop dressing like a slob and have well-groomed facial hair?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Op posts pics of 5.11 clothing line and expects anyone to believe that’s “grey man”? Lols, more like FCBC…
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#10]
The Feds I know look like they'd be working a beach shack renting surfboards or rednecks. You'd never suspect them.

Gun owners love to copy what they see. So many dress how they think "undercover" Feds look like. Granted I'm guilty of it too sometimes but it cracks me up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:03:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I was in Amsterdam wearing nothing to stand out and had a dude walk up “Hey American gangster.  Need some coke?”

Sometimes trying to hide is impossible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking about this today. Dressing like a well groomed normal person is the new grey man.

Lose the 5.11, Salomons, Oakleys, and flannel shirts. Pick up a nice pair of jeans, a tailored shirt, and some nice shoes. Blend to your environment.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Op posts pics of 5.11 clothing line and expects anyone to believe that's "grey man"? Lols, more like FCBC
View Quote
Ok here's something more your style.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nobody will notice my Hill People Gear pack!
View Quote

Right? That has never made any sense to me. Better off getting a quality CK chest bag.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Feds I know look like they'd be working a beach shack renting surfboards or rednecks. You'd never suspect them.

Gun owners love to copy what they see. So many dress how they think "undercover" Feds look like. Granted I'm guilty of it too sometimes but it cracks me up.
View Quote

All the ones I met wore Bass shoes, khakis and windbreakers, lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Wearing anything branded as “grey man” makes you look the exact opposite.

If you want to blend in, throw a gun in a North Face backpack and wear a Patagonia puffy if you’re really serious. Blend right in at college and I may or may not have my SP5k folded up in the 2nd compartment of the backpack
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wearing anything branded as "grey man" makes you look the exact opposite.

If you want to blend in, throw a gun in a North Face backpack and wear a Patagonia puffy if you're really serious. Blend right in at college and I may or may not have my SP5k folded up in the 2nd compartment of the backpack
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:08:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Gay man?  Or gray man?  Cause the last guys looks pretty gay.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:08:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Right? That has never made any sense to me. Better off getting a quality CK chest bag.
View Quote

They're for hiking, not EDC.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Lasso dresses like a teenager at a catholic school in the eighties, lol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Serial killers are pretty much experts in living the grey man life
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:18:48 AM EDT
[#23]
so, a gay mustache and a pullover?
in before "what mustache wax do you run?" and "what's your go-to tier one cashmere blend?"
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was thinking about this today. Dressing like a well groomed normal person is the new grey man.

Lose the 5.11, Salomons, Oakleys, and flannel shirts. Pick up a nice pair of jeans, a tailored shirt, and some nice shoes. Blend to your environment.
View Quote
You'd definitely stand out around here. People either dress like slobs now, or totally inappropriately. No self respect, or pride in their appearance. It's disgusting.

I'm a 4 times a year mass goer now, and although I really appreciated the hot-ass-suburban-stay-at-home-and-workout-8-hours-a-day moms with aftermarket tits, it's weird to be sitting in church with chicks dressed like they're going out and trying to relive their college days. Sister Joseph Marie would not appreciate their  shorts up their asses with stripper heels on Easter Sunday.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ive yet to see a serial killer wear a 5.11 tactical branded anything
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:22:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Lasso dresses like a teenager at a catholic school in the eighties, lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#29]
OP isn't far off. My grey man clothing is denim. A polo and north face jacket. Backpack is a basic smaller osprey laptop pack. Just happens to hold an MPX perfectly for rapid deploy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:26:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
You'd definitely stand out around here. People either dress like slobs now, or totally inappropriately. No self respect, or pride in their appearance. It's disgusting.

I'm a 4 times a year mass goer now, and although I really appreciated the hot-ass-suburban-stay-at-home-and-workout-8-hours-a-day moms with aftermarket tits, it's weird to be sitting in church with chicks dressed like they're going out and trying to relive their college days. Sister Joseph Marie would not appreciate their  shorts up their asses with stripper heels on Easter Sunday.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah definitely dependent on location, I was describing for more urban environments since it's kind of a given that most country folk have a gun . When I'm in Raleigh or Asheville, it's obvious who all the tacticool vet bros are, almost like a uniform.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:28:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go on...
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
so, a gay mustache and a pullover?
in before "what mustache wax do you run?" and "what's your go-to tier one cashmere blend?"
View Quote
Done. Just took the pic for you. VP9SK for scale.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Super-duper gray man is dressing like a tradesman with slightly dirty pants and a tool bag.
That look can get you anywhere without anyone thinking you're anything more than a fixture.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Carhartt blends in well in my AO. Combine with either Vans slip ons, or Danner Tanicus covered by my pants make them look like every other work boot I see around here.

Also comfortable to work in, which is why I wear them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was in Amsterdam wearing nothing to stand out and had a dude walk up “Hey American gangster.  Need some coke?”

View Quote

I wore European purchased clothing and they could still tell I was an American.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#38]
99% of people are so oblivious to their surroundings, it really doesn’t matter what you wear as long as you’re not outrageously over-the-top obvious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP is not wrong.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You thought you were wearing nothing that stands out.  But, you were.

Subtle, yes, but readily identifiable to those looking for it.  Same reason I knew I was picking up Europeans coming off of the Appalachian Trail.  I'd know they were European before I even stopped my truck.

It's not 100%, but close enough that you'll make money even when giving generous odds to those betting against your call.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#41]
The sunglasses are a dead give away
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Being grey is blending in with your surroundings. Most people here wear work boots and camo year round.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Super-duper gray man is dressing like a tradesman with slightly dirty pants and a tool bag.
That look can get you anywhere without anyone thinking you're anything more than a fixture.
View Quote

Yup.  A hoodie and a pair of wranglers goes a long way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Obvious tattoos are obvious.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:18:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Is this better?  Except jeans and no pack…

*not me
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#46]
I dress like a slob.

I’m practically invisible.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:22:39 AM EDT
[#47]
*Grey person

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:25:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:26:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Sweat pants, ratty boots and anime T shirt …… done
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:32:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Is this better?  Except jeans and no pack…

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7543/28206841176_4f3da576d7_z.jpg

*not me
View Quote

So that what the cowboys from that Primus music video ended up doing...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top