Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Steyr Scout Rifles. And spend the rest on anti-ship missile and S400 batteries.

Buy equipment from Lebanon, North Korea, and Venezuela and start manufacturing $100 super notes and pharmaceutical grade methamphetamine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt 1911

My whole military will serve at boards of my vast SSBN fleet .
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ll ask the US for aid. Weapons, food, and whisky.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread title was :  "You are the dictator of a small island nation"

Why the frack would the US care about a dictator of a small, island nation? The US has it's own island state and territories to worry about a small island that would be of no strategic relevance to the US and it's national security interests.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_invasion_of_Grenada
That’s what happens when the Soviets—out of the kindness of their famously tender hearts—pay you to build a runway that just happens to be long enough and big enough to land Soviet heavy bombers.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wouldn't be a good dictator. We'd all have machine guns and 3gun would be the national sport.

I'd probably go with m4s as the standard. It might depend on where the island is physically located but fn carbine with full auto And a lightweight barrel profile.
View Quote
Nice....
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd become a free market capitalist tax haven for the world, become very gun friendly as a nation, and develop my own national arms industry. Due to favored banking laws and free market policies, foreign investment would do the economy and its citizenry well. Have stringent immigration, only allow the best and brightest from elsewhere. The native population will benefit due to rising tides raise all boats. With that foreign investment, start a crash course program of higher education forthe native population. Basically, run it as a colony with strong foreign investment of skilled people until the natives can become successful. Welfare fiscal would end for the people. Instead, those funds would be used towards greater education (both blue collar and white collar).

But make it a combo of Switzerland and the Caymans.

With that.... crank out ARs like they're going out of style. Have gun laws very supportive towards freedom and self defense.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
GAU-19 slaved to REMBASS via FDC software

@whiskersthecat
View Quote
you'll definitely want REMBASS-II, and even then you'll be eating a metric fuck-ton of ammunition on stupid shit like animals
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
you'll definitely want REMBASS-II, and even then you'll be eating a metric fuck-ton of ammunition on stupid shit like animals
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat
I’ll have a drone network for visual confirmation sent to my phone.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would just arm my troops with Garands from my collection
View Quote
When are you conquering Canada?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
AK47, cause cheap ammo.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Rum. That is all.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:51:35 AM EDT
[#12]
My army would have life vests and AKs with no sights that they shoot sideways from overhead while unleashing bone chilling war-cries.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat
My dog wondered why I just laughed aloud.

You're trying to say shooting everything and using tons of ammo wouldn't be awesome?

If I were an island dictator, everything is for my amusement. Automated guns shredding everything amuses me
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Steyr Scout Rifles.
View Quote
Is this island about to be invaded by dinosaurs riding on Nazis? I think Archer already did that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My army would have life vests and AKs with no sights that they shoot sideways from overhead while unleashing bone chilling war-cries.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
KAC SR15
View Quote
Way to go full retard. Guess it was an island in th emiddle east and you have oil money to blow.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What year does this take place?
View Quote

As mentioned, be careful on the weight so the island doesn't tip over and capsize.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:14:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Probably surplus AKs. Save my money for Navy stuff.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#19]
None. I'd declare war on the USA and a week later surrender to receive Billions of dollars in US domestic  and military aid. The guns will be the best in the world and free.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I call Vlad Putin & tell him I want to be a Commie—he gives crates & crates of AK-74s with the good steel core ammo.

That’s only if Uncle Sam won’t give me M16A2s & M4A1s, MRAPs & US gear gratis so I don’t call Uncle Vlad.

View Quote
This.
Which major power is offering the best gift basket?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat
the point of an automated system is to reduce manpower in-action, having it sent to your phone won't do that. you're still in the loop at that point.
besides, systems that require confirmation can be overwhelmed by depth, scale, dimension, and speed

you need a confident system, it should be an afterthought. "what was that noise? oh yeah, that's just the perimeter guns again"

you need to talk to the mad scientist bro, he'll have refined suggestions for you

don't ask me for ideas though.

i'd recommend political maneuvering to reduce or remove the threat before it even thought of determining airlift or sealift capacity for action
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:49:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
the point of an automated system is to reduce manpower in-action, having it sent to your phone won't do that. you're still in the loop at that point.
besides, systems that require confirmation can be overwhelmed by depth, scale, dimension, and speed

you need a confident system, it should be an afterthought. "what was that noise? oh yeah, that's just the perimeter guns again"

you need to talk to the mad scientist bro, he'll have refined suggestions for you

i'd recommend political maneuvering to reduce or remove the threat before it even thought of determining airlift or sealift capacity for action
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat

i just want a smite button on my phone dammit
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#23]
All those cheap AKs!!!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You're trying to say shooting everything and using tons of ammo wouldn't be awesome?

If I were an island dictator, everything is for my amusement. Automated guns shredding everything amuses me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat

while you're spending money on blasting sheep and wild dogs the hookers eventually stop warming up to you and the landscapers stop showing up for work

at that point you're gonna have to resort to Ukranian mail-order girls and those get weird quick. you don't know if that dude she keeps calling is a pimp, industrial espionage, collections, an ex-landlord, or some wanna-be with a bunch of ZSU turrets for sale.

you know what? i'd just start the day with an edict that makes it a capital crime to import any nationality that ends in "ian"

fly-ins from Pacific island nations are just as likely to be dudes in drag, so those shouldn't be seriously considered either.

don't get me started on the chinese mail-orders, they're basically the same as sex robots from Amazon. they're adorable when you first open the box, but you never know when they'll malfunction and try to rip your dick off

I'd recommend convincing the United States that you're a strategic asset, open an embassy, be a gracious host to your security, and sit back to enjoy another mimosa while Juan makes lobster thermidor for lunch
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat

the solution could be as simple as a mass-text to hordes of tanned locals or as elaborate as launching a satellite
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm already Dictator?
Pass a law that all women between 18 and 35 must go topless.
Any invading army can then be picked off with slingshots, as they are too bust staring at beewbies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
the solution could be as simple as a mass-text to hordes of tanned locals or as elaborate as launching a satellite
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@whiskersthecat

But I want it to be plunging fire from a 50 cal Gatling gun/s
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

while you're spending money on blasting sheep and wild dogs the hookers eventually stop warming up to you and the landscapers stop showing up for work

at that point you're gonna have to resort to Ukranian mail-order girls and those get weird quick. you don't know if that dude she keeps calling is a pimp, industrial espionage, collections, an ex-landlord, or some wanna-be with a bunch of ZSU turrets for sale.

you know what? i'd just start the day with an edict that makes it a capital crime to import any nationality that ends in "ian"

fly-ins from Pacific island nations are just as likely to be dudes in drag, so those shouldn't be seriously considered either.

don't get me started on the chinese mail-orders, they're basically the same as sex robots from Amazon. they're adorable when you first open the box, but you never know when they'll malfunction and try to rip your dick off

I'd recommend convincing the United States that you're a strategic asset, open an embassy, be a gracious host to your security, and sit back to enjoy another mimosa while Juan makes lobster thermidor for lunch
View Quote
How do I keep the auto turrets and the hot hookers?

Is embassy the only option? Maybe some sort of dead hand device I can extort other nations with? Works for NK.

He has an entire military regiment of hookers.

.... to your point though, no auto turrets.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 3:59:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Is embassy the only option? Maybe some sort of dead hand device I can extort other nations with? Works for NK.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

diplomatically, threatening always costs more in the long run. win over a big dude in the prison yard to protect you and then just sell leisure

you're laying out minimal cash. you'll have to make appointments for the money being thrown at you

all of this is dependent on location though

I'd look for a banana republic within thirty blocks of the equator. you'll be close to shopping and the school districts are btter
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I call Vlad Putin & tell him I want to be a Commie—he gives crates & crates of AK-74s with the good steel core ammo.

That’s only if Uncle Sam won’t give me M16A2s & M4A1s, MRAPs & US gear gratis so I don’t call Uncle Vlad.

View Quote
This.

and why are the island kiddos looking so much like me?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
1). Declare war on USA

2). Lose war to USA

3). Ask assistance to recover from lost war to USA

4). issue B1 Bombers to every troop on island

View Quote
Check out the movie "The Mouse That Roared" with Peter Sellers
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah.

What ARFCOMMER worth his salt would not be able to arm a small island nation from his own collection?

Buncha slackers.
View Quote
Before my divorce I could equip a whole platoon.  Now I'm down to just a single squad
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I'd leave that to someone else, since i'd be occupied with harem most of the time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top