Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ten years old - 4th grade me in 1983....

Red Victorinox Swiss Army knife.  Still have it in my nightstand dresser.  Lost the toothpick and the tweezers are jammed into the slot and won't come out.  Carried it every day, all through high school and college.

Marbles.  Loose change.  Bike lock key and house keys (latchkey kid, parents both worked).  Velcro wallet.  Cheap digital watch, probably some kind of Casio.  Maybe a lighter if I found one in my travels.  Matchbox car(s).
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#2]
2 blade pocket knife a Bazooka Bubble Gum (with pocket lint) and 25 cents {2 dimes and a Nickel)
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#3]
A pocket knife, usually smelling of fish.

Fishing tackle of some sort in the summer, bigger knife in the winter.

A random COX engine part.

Maybe some cash.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:55:17 AM EDT
[#4]
A pump Benjamin BB gun.  There were birds to be killed out there along the creek that ran past our house.  In the spring when the carp came up to spawn I carried a gig and prowled the banks hoping to get a big one.  A couple of my friends put them in a tub of ice and sold them along Rt 40.  Some members of the FSA bought them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#5]
We carried nothing in our pockets, because you never knew when a game of smear the queer was going to break out
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#6]
a swiss army knife, a Kabar I found stick in a tree above a grave in the woods, matches, m80's, a cigarette lighter from my uncle that was in the navy 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Western W77 boot knife, SAK, fishing kit in a small metal lip balm tin, at least $100 in cash, BIC lighter, small fresnel lense, sometimes a few firecrackers, and a small flashlight. Typically I'd also have a paperback book for entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
A cheap swiss army knife knockoff. 
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Depends on location.

School/church/shopping: Wenger swiss army knife and house key.

Fishing: same but add a Marksman 1010 1911 knockoff air pistol for the tackle box. Sometimes I'd take one of those "as seen on tv" survival knives into the woods. If you take the cap off and dump the handle contents you can make a pretty awesome spear.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:26:40 AM EDT
[#10]
a pocket knife and a comb
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#11]
A Case pocket knife that my G. Grandfather had given me....it was his boyhood knife, I still have it. Hot Wheels were pretty big when I was ten, so likely I had a few of those, a comb..and whatever else struck a ten year old boys fancy at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#12]
10 yo in 1978.
Barlow knife, spent 30-30 case, "Rip It" brand Velcro wallet with a nudie match book cover from "Reach Outs bar". pennies flattened by a train, a snot rag, (couldn't leave the house without one, per Mom).
A "Wrist Rocket" slingshot, and steel balls to shoot.
I seem to remember that my Honda 70 needed a key so that was ALWAYS on board. Fake Zippo that I liberated from my older brother.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
1980:  I carried a cheap Buck 110 knockoff and Marbles match safe with strike anywhere matches.  If I wasn't going to school I was carrying a wrist rocket and/or a cheap fishing rod with a Zebco 202 reel.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:38:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I had a pocket knife of some sort
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Buck 110 with reground tip.
2 band aids.
some change.
Butterscotch or Butter Rum lifesavers.
Handkerchief.
Cut to fit strike anywhere matches and small pieces of fat wood in a film can.
Boot lace.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Holy shit thought the same thing. 

Remember that my flashlight didn't have the cool red filter so I made some out of red plastic, you know so not to ruin my night vision on camping trips. Also made a blue one after watching Delta Force. 

Also damn near cut the tip off my index finger with that "Rambo" knife once.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#17]
A bunch of 1967 Baseball cards, with a lot of Phillies that I traded for.  My Dad's U.S. Army folding knife.  I also carried his WWII Musette bag around for my lunch, and other treasures while "roaming".  A roll of caps, some change, maybe some .22's my cousin gave me.  A Bonimos Turkish Taffee you could smack on the sidewalk and crack into little pieces.  Firecrackers were usually kept for Mischief Night (the night before Halloween).
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:05:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Magnet to pick up "iron filings" from sand at the playground.
An small electric motor
A magnifying glass from a Cracker Jack box
My Barlow pocketknife
Money for penny candy at the drug store
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:05:54 AM EDT
[#19]
There is nothing special about this knife - except the fact that it was given to me by my dad (RIP) 53 years ago when I was only 7 years old, and today at age 60 I still have it.
I have long since lost the leather sheath, and as a kid I abused and wrecked the blade - but I still have the knife.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#20]
My Schwin bicycle.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#21]
My collection of 1977 era Star Wars cards.  It was quite an achievement for a little kid to collect all five series.  Still have them in fact.  These are probably worth money now that the Star Wars franchise is going bananas.

These are forty years old now.  F**k I'm old...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is nothing special about this knife - except the fact that it was given to me by my dad (RIP) 53 years ago when I was only 7 years old, and today at age 60 I still have it.
I have long since lost the leather sheath, and as a kid I abused and wrecked the blade - but I still have the knife.

[url]https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Knife-189883.JPG[/url
View Quote
I had one similar, but mine EDC at that age as a scout knife IRCC.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Knife-189883.JPG
View Quote
That was my first knife, as well, and also given to me by my father.  1975-ish.  I still have it, too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Pocketknife - still have it
Lighter
Firecrackers
More firecrackers
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:29:28 AM EDT
[#25]
10 years old in 1980.

I always had my U.S. Army stainless pocketknife dad got from the Army. ( he was Special Forces) and it was the same design as the Boy Scout pocket knife I was active with. Large gum pack of Wrigley's spearmint or double mint, Erasable blue ink pens ( English teacher insisted on these) and one mechanical pencil and one regular #2 pencil, House keys, Velcro O.D. Green wallet with the Special Forces Arrowhead and Airborne tab I got from the Base PX, At ten I always had one of those red digital watches you pressed a button with to light up the time, And my dad's Subdued Jump Wings pinned inside my denim jacket in cooler months.

Iranian Hostage Crisis, Ronald Reagan's election, That constant, underlying fear of a bright nuclear flash any moment as kids were wont to have then (we were near Ft. Bragg), The Soviet Union Grain Crisis, Emergency! TV show that steered me to Fire/EMS career, Developing girls in tight jeans, And the old credit card wipers that made carbon copies... Dang the changes over the years. And not really for the better except medical technology.

Sorry for the life's story. It was good to reflect back then.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top