Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Or
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you are in MLRS, the other FA guys in the tube artillery will call you a pogue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would fucking leave, because I have zero interest in being under an MLRS barrage.

I even have very minimal interest in being at the SENDING end of an MLRS barrage.

If you are in MLRS, the other FA guys in the tube artillery will call you a pogue.

You can call them something in return, but the fucks won't be able to hear you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can call them something in return, but the fucks what be able to hear you.
View Quote

In my limited observation, 13Bs have the AFQT of the infantry, the drinking habits of the tankers and the same pre-enlistment criminal waivers as the 88Ms. You can’t hurt their feelings. They have none.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]

I think I have a set in a sea bag in my shed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Use Google Translate, or Siri   LOL
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I would be headed for the nearest shop. I can do more with wrenches than I can with a gun.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#7]
RECCE
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
RECCE
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:06:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd be in the bushes getting my fuck on with a Javelin and a suppressed bolt action.

I've even got a multicam adidas tracksuit.
View Quote

Awww yeahhhh multicam slav squat FTMFW!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Recce definitely. OP, what ruck is that in the recce loadout? MR?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#12]
If you guys are all going to do reconnaissance, what command unit will you associate yourself with? How will you communicate with these command elements?

Are you familiar with the various Information Requirements (CCIR as an example) and how they fit into MDMP? Even basic reporting formats like SALT/ SALUTE or simple concepts like METT-C?

Are you going to set up hide sites and OPs? Have you been studying your old-school vehicle identification decks? Is that radio crypto and frequency hopping capable?

Have you thought about access to jalapeño cheese spread in theater? Those adidas motherfuckers might try to stiff you with just peanut butter.

This whole Recce thing seems like a tough row for some random dude, although, granted, those cool boots are cool and cool is cool, no doubt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:52:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you guys are all going to do reconnaissance, what command unit will you associate yourself with? How will you communicate with these command elements?

Are you familiar with the various Information Requirements (CCIR as an example) and how they fit into MDMP? Even basic reporting formats like SALT/ SALUTE or simple concepts like METT-C?

Are you going to set up hide sites and OPs? Have you been studying your old-school vehicle identification decks? Is that radio crypto and frequency hopping capable?

Have you thought about access to jalapeño cheese spread in theater? Those adidas motherfuckers might try to stiff you with just peanut butter.

This whole Recce thing seems like a tough row for some random dude, although, granted, those cool boots are cool and cool is cool, no doubt.
View Quote

Of course I know that shit. I SALT my avocado toast and SALUTE my superiors when I see them. This is rookie stuff.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]
LEEERRROOOYYY JENKINS
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Ukraine just officially sanctioned improvised napalm and you want to use bullets? bruh have you heard about trebuchet?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:00:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:06:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:07:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#19]
As a lifelong civilian with zero combat experience I choose direct action.
As in, I ain’t Ukrainian so I’m going directly to Poland so I don’t get fucking killed in the action.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:22:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Which ever one is best for car jacking, I would be going to Poland.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:32:55 AM EDT
[#21]
In the rear with the gear…and the mail order brides
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:53:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Split the difference. Recce rifle, DA vest helmet and pack. Ditch the camo. Both sides are wearing almost identical camo so you're probably gonna get shot at by everyone. Wait for darkness, then go out and play.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I leave the Ukraine and head to Moscow to wreak havoc and go on the offensive. Blow up and burn the kremlin to the ground. But not before collecting my new free AK.
View Quote

Or how about disrupting their train system transporting more troops towards Ukraine?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 6:49:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would be headed for the nearest shop. I can do more with wrenches than I can with a gun.
View Quote

that is pretty much how I am, I would be better of in a hospital, taking care of the wounded.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:01:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That’s a lot of fancy gear to look like a regular guy.  In counter-insurgency the troops look for clues like nice shoes as indicators of people in need of attention.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're coming around the the better way of thinking.  Blend in with your environment.  In any modern urban environment you'll just look like an obvious target dressed and kitted like that.

Go grab some normal gear from OP, North Face, Mountain Hardware, Arc'teryx, etc.  Layer that over concealable body armor.  CCW a sidearm.  Get a good cell phone and maybe a small dual band UHF/VHF ham radio (to listen mainly).  And put an SBR in an unassuming backpack.  Anything else you need in your pockets and backpack.  No web gear, battle vest, etc...that's just painting a target on yourself.  Stay away from Mole, Camo, velcro, etc.  Look like a guy walking home from his shift at work.

That’s a lot of fancy gear to look like a regular guy.  In counter-insurgency the troops look for clues like nice shoes as indicators of people in need of attention.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:43:24 AM EDT
[#26]
By myself?

RECCE

Like Batman in the night.  

Assuming I speak that crazy language.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Missing light blue, yellow, or red tape on the arm band.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:12:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Not a single morale patch? No clever sayings or call signs? Definitely not tactical enough. You'd die almost immediately.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:31:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not a single morale patch? No clever sayings or call signs? Definitely not tactical enough. You'd die almost immediately.
View Quote

That depends on his perk selection.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:41:42 AM EDT
[#30]
All the fighting I have been seeing is mostly urban or suburban.  That camo will make you stick out like a sore thumb.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most people think recce=sniper
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:34:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Recce definitely. OP, what ruck is that in the recce loadout? MR?
View Quote

MR M4.0 70L
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Whatever setup is worth more, because I’m going to find my way to the nearest border and sell the shit to get back home. Why TF do I want to fight for a semi-communist corrupt foreign country against another fully-communist corrupt foreign country?

Ukraine made its bed... it could have released the truth on Biden and his liberal cronies involved in money laundering schemes and ended his POTUS campaign in it tracks and prevented Trump’s impeachment... instead Ukraine hid evidence of corruption, the potato got elected, and Putin creamed in his pants when he saw just what a weak dementia addled imbecile Biden actually is.

Ukraine made it’s bed... they can lay in it.  Sucks for the 90% of regular people there though.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I think there's a bit of a disconnect here.

When I think "recce" I think long range surveillance  and slick R&S teams creeping around like British ninjas on a CTR:

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:24:26 AM EDT
[#35]

I'm glad to see they gave her a skillet, so she can make me some breakfast...
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 11:35:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
What the fuck is RECCE?
View Quote

And a follow-up question:

How do you pronounce "RECCE"?  

Is it:

Wreck-ee

Ree-see

Other?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I find it hilarious that everyone in the Navy is wearing Guacs.

Like the USAF (and Space Force!) wearing MultiCam/OCP.
View Quote

I agree.

Bring back the blueberries!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Because if you are actually doing it then you don’t want one.  I knew verrrrrry few people who would take a sidearm
View Quote

I don't agree. That sidearm might be what gets you home.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if you are actually doing it then you don’t want one.  I knew verrrrrry few people who would take a sidearm

Elaborate please. How does the sidearm fit in the recce role?
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Edwards in Iceland did a lot of good, but live satellite imagery counts for a lot these days.

My problem would be that I don’t speak a syllable of Ukrainian.
View Quote

Google translate
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#41]
This RECCE shit is the gay.  In Murrica we LRRP.

God you people don't even know your own history.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:23:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

My generation picked it up from spending too much time around brits. Kind of like the word "kit". Sorry bout it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Having no combat experience, if I had to fight, I'd hole up in an apartment block and take pot shots until discovered and flattened by arty.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My generation picked it up from spending too much time around brits. Kind of like the word "kit". Sorry bout it.
View Quote
You should have slapped a Limey every time he said RECCE, then thrown his beer in the fridge and pissed on his TA50
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Just as long as that “Ass Bandit” stays away from me, it’s all good.

Link Posted: 2/27/2022 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You should have slapped a Limey every time he said RECCE, then thrown his beer in the fridge and pissed on his TA50
View Quote

I started using them myself because they are funny words. You had to insert humor anyway you could to maintain mental health in the stupid ass "war" my generation fought.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just as long as that "Ass Bandit" stays away from me, it's all good.

View Quote
OAB only has a hardon for Russians
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:55:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All the fighting I have been seeing is mostly urban or suburban.  That camo will make you stick out like a sore thumb.
View Quote

Virtually no recce or chest rigs either.

1 PC
1 kiss rifle
3 Mags

and their IED of choice
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe I'm showing my age, but what's wrong with good ol' fashioned "Recon?"
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top