Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Go watch your barney episodes kid  , let the men talk about guns.
View Quote

The grown men are talking about guns.

You're slinging electronic poop.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok guys, GD has spoken and the SKS has been shunned. It has never seen combat. It has never killed anyone. It sucks with NVG. They don’t even shit where they eat. It would be better to spend $400 on a nice blender and get girl drink drunk.

Kids in the Hall - Girl Drink Drunk
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a MAS 49/56 recently. I love surplus rifles, and I find the early model semi-autos of the wood and steel variety to be the most interesting.

It's about as impractical as they come but I got a hold of some 7.5 French and I enjoy shooting it.  It kicks harder than my M1 or FN49 but it's a unique system. It'll be great if I ever pick up some rifle grenades.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The grown men are talking about guns.

You're slinging electronic poop.
View Quote

I am speaking from decades of collecting experience not fapping to you tube videos and buying clapped out guns.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I am speaking from decades of collecting experience not fapping to you tube videos and buying clapped out guns.
View Quote

I have a decade and a half of collecting experience and was into Milsurps before  youtube was much of a thing. Pretty good for a Millennial. I still enjoy collecting and enjoy finding new things out there to add to my safe. The market isn't what it was but I try to gain satisfaction from it when I can and get new people into the hobby. Even if they learn about milsurps from the dreaded YouTube.

Even with your "decades of experience" you're still just a troll flinging poop on the internet. You have nothing of value to contribute to this conversation. I'll wager you don't have much of value to contribute in real life either.

*Click*
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If there’s one thing we know about milsurp guns, they definitely lose value over time. Probably not wise to spend money on such frivolity.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one for the shit of it and to allow my sons the joy of cleaning some cosmo. What I got was a full numbers matching gun with some weird stock repairs. From what I gather, these look like they were possibly used in the Balkans. Someone chime in if they know more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have a decade and a half of collecting experience and was into Milsurps before  youtube was much of a thing. Pretty good for a Millennial. I still enjoy collecting and enjoy finding new things out there to add to my safe. The market isn't what it was but I try to gain satisfaction from it when I can and get new people into the hobby. Even if they learn about milsurps from the dreaded YouTube.

Even with your "decades of experience" you're still just a troll flinging poop on the internet. You have nothing of value to contribute to this conversation. I'll wager you don't have much of value to contribute in real life either.

*Click*
View Quote

All you have offered so far is smart ass remarks  .  I have forgotten more about milsurp rifles and handguns than you will  know. So go back to feeling self important kid , your betters got all the good guns before you came along.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Already have 4 of them from back in the day. The yugo were generous with their cosmo as well. I have no desire to do that again lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Already have 4 of them from back in the day. The yugo were generous with their cosmo as well. I have no desire to do that again lol
View Quote

Agreed. Cleaning is a pain in the ass. At the same time, a little left over cosmo isn’t going to hurt anything. Clean what you can, bring a rag to the range to catch runoff as the gun heats up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:07:11 AM EDT
[#12]
My lgs owner bought 2 , they came in the other day. I would not call either 1 "good " condition. That being said, 1 of them had a stock with bad ass trench art all over it. He is going to ditch the stocks so I have claimed the trench art stock.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:51:04 AM EDT
[#13]

They are all only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.  I wish i had bought an M1 Garand at Roses when they were what?  $450?  I can't even remember any more, but they were not the $800 and up now.

It's not really about the money either.  I'd pay $2000 for an M1 Garand if it was all i could get as a fighting rifle.   Until that is a Federal ban is placed upon ALL semi-auto centerfires.  Then i get a lever and a bolt gun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agreed. Cleaning is a pain in the ass. At the same time, a little left over cosmo isn’t going to hurt anything. Clean what you can, bring a rag to the range to catch runoff as the gun heats up.
View Quote

https://www.originalcosmoline.com/shop/how-to-properly-remove-cosmoline-from-military-surplus-firearms/#:~:text=A%20lot%20of%20people%20swear,of%20the%20firearm%20and%20container.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:22:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

All you have offered so far is smart ass remarks  .  I have forgotten more about milsurp rifles and handguns than you will  know. So go back to feeling self important kid , your betters got all the good guns before you came along.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Click*

Based upon your behavior in this thread, you calling someone self-important is rich.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:44:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

A lot of GD chest beaters don't get that.

GD's self proclaimed experts are flat out wrong most of the time.

I remember getting raked over the coals in GD because I spent $800 on a pair of M1 Carbines that had import marks. (NPM and IBM)
The same when I bought a few Inter-Ord Yugo SKS's for $119ea and ponied up $600 each for Bavarian M1 carbines from the CMP
Time has told the story on those deals...  
They project their ignorance as though it was fact.
There were a lot of GD trolls who said it would be stupid to buy a CMP 1911 when those came out too.

These rifles have some cool history, just like M1 Carbines from Ethiopia.

Is $349 too much, we'll see what they're worth in 5-10yrs or more.

I buy mil-surps for the history and you can't put a price on that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s actually part of the appeal to many.

Millennials are attracted to rifles with “provenance.” They’re already accustomed to all the fancy wizbang guns that SHOT show gives us, but seldom get a rifle that was actually used to tyrannize and kill people. I know that seems strange to boomers and Gen X because they grew up on old war implements. Millennials usually did not.

You know grandpa “sporterized” his bringback K98 after the war to deer hunt with it? He didn’t care about the history because he lived it. He just liked having a free rifle. Then his kids just liked having cheap Ammo and parts kits and seeking the “nicest” milsurp you could dig out of the barrel at the hardware store. The grandkids and great grandkids now seek rifles that “were actually there” because there’s something mystical about the object that carries history.

Millenials are idiots.  Those guns are flat out abused / clapped out that is not provenance.   I own collectible rifles that have provenance ...    By the standards you just applied I can make any gun have some provenance by dragging it down a dirt road behind my car and finding a Millenial to sell it to.

Oh look, another broad brush millennial post. We weren’t around for the barrels full of milsurps for $20 like you were, old guns are expensive now.

A lot of us also don’t care about provenance, it’s a cool old military gun and that’s all that matters.

A lot of GD chest beaters don't get that.

GD's self proclaimed experts are flat out wrong most of the time.

I remember getting raked over the coals in GD because I spent $800 on a pair of M1 Carbines that had import marks. (NPM and IBM)
The same when I bought a few Inter-Ord Yugo SKS's for $119ea and ponied up $600 each for Bavarian M1 carbines from the CMP
Time has told the story on those deals...  
They project their ignorance as though it was fact.
There were a lot of GD trolls who said it would be stupid to buy a CMP 1911 when those came out too.

These rifles have some cool history, just like M1 Carbines from Ethiopia.

Is $349 too much, we'll see what they're worth in 5-10yrs or more.

I buy mil-surps for the history and you can't put a price on that.

Agree completely, I have purchased several milsurps over the last ten years, only one of which is all matching, and “collectible”. I don’t care about that, I buy these guns because I love history and want a piece of it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:10:36 AM EDT
[#18]
You will never lose money on a SKS at PSA's price......Go to eBay and see what parts are bringing now if you want your eyes opened.

I bought two top-covers,  a gas tube, wood hand-guard, and a OEM mag at the flea market a couple of weeks back for $20.00 for the whole mess. All Chi-Com, and listed them last night. Till this thread i had forgot about them.

I just finished packing-up the gas tube (no handguard) to ship this morning.....I got $79.99 plus shipping for it and it sold a couple hours after I listed it.

The top covers will sell for around $60.00 each and the mag for near $100.00.

Trigger groups are near $200, bolts and carriers $130 or so.

$50.00 for the stock. $40 for the handguard.

Barreled receivers $150.00. (Sarco has them for around $100 shipped but nobody has time for Sarco).

That's near $700.00 worth of parts easy on a PSA SKS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Ok guys, GD has spoken and the SKS has been shunned. It has never seen combat. It has never killed anyone. It sucks with NVG. They don’t even shit where they eat. It would be better to spend $400 on a nice blender and get girl drink drunk.
View Quote

The SKS is hated here because:

1- It's not "muh USA military rifle"
2- They are appreciating in value while their AR's are depreciating
3- Not near as tati-cool Magpul-plastic-fuckable Cop-wannabe like their AR's
4- Jealous/envious they didn't buy when they were <$200

I love 'em!  I've got about 6 of them, and I tried to buy another last week in the EE, but the guy hasn't got back to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:53:27 AM EDT
[#20]
reason why i want one.

the SKS was the first firearm i ever bought(I was 18 in high school). purchased right out of the crate at a local pawn shop for $89. shot the shit out of it. it rode around in my trunk,uncovered for 6 months getting banged up. it was MANY of my friends first time shooting a gun or first time shooting one for fun

I want one to add to "never gonna sell collection".

Ive been told to look for one marked with m21.  right now i dont have the time to research how and what to look for a quality\numbers matching to make sure i get one worth keeping.

but eventually i will

Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#21]
ok you convinced me i want one. just a little to broke for something i don't need
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And anyone who paid that for what I looked at in the photo over paid significantly.  I laugh my ass off at the idea of someone getting bent over the barrel like that .  

View Quote

Pipe down old man, I spend my money how I like.
Go buy some more Colt 1911s And wheelguns.
Plus, trump gave me $1200 so it was technically free
Buy a $24 membership on here before you talk shit about spending money. You’re probably a hoarder who saves every little thing, and spends as little money as possible in life. Just enough to get by.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:25:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He got Ben’d over
View Quote

Like I said, I like it. I’m ringing steel out to 200 yards with irons, can’t say the same about my ARs.
I wasn’t around for the $100 days, I just got into firearms a couple years ago, and had seen these at gun shows for $650, so I think I got a “fair” price.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Like I said, I like it. I'm ringing steel out to 200 yards with irons, can't say the same about my ARs.
I wasn't around for the $100 days, I just got into firearms a couple years ago, and had seen these at gun shows for $650, so I think I got a "fair" price.
View Quote

$100 days?  Shit, I remember the barrel days where SKS rifles were kept in a barrel at most LGS and sold just like those were broom handles at the hardware store.  Probably some here remember the days of when hardware stores sold them like broom handles.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:16:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Crazy. I've seen several posters in this thread state that they can get a better rifle for the same price or less, yet none of them have posted a link to those awesome deals.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Don’t need one.   I have two AR10’s and ten Ar15’s.   So why would I want something else to buy another type of ammo for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

$100 days?  Shit, I remember the barrel days where SKS rifles were kept in a barrel at most LGS and sold just like those were broom handles at the hardware store.  Probably some here remember the days of when hardware stores sold them like broom handles.
View Quote

I grew up in a home/family that always saw guns as bad and evil and only criminals have them, to do bad.
When I turned 30, my perspective in life completely changed. I started to look at things differently and made my own choices regardless of what family members thought. I got into firearms, and I saw how helpful and informative the gun community actually is. It’s all about safety first. And most folks on here have been very helpful at teaching me new things, or helping with how to do this or that...With the exception of the ArfCom trolls of course lol
That being said, I was like 5 years old when these were selling for $80 a piece. Maybe I’m late to the party, but at least I made it to the party. And firearms are a huge part of my life now, I can’t imagine not having any.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:06:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Based upon your behavior in this thread, you calling someone self-important is rich.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Click*

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone who uses the line "I have forgot more then you'll ever know" is the kind of person who pays for a booth at the gunshow to display their guns. "Our betters" also destroyed the economy, let the most heinous gun laws pass without opposition or welcomed them with open arms. If it wasn't for the guys returning from fighting the war on terror wanting to get a clone of their service guns, I doubt the AR community would be what it is. Because as Miami has shown in countless threads of "back in the fudd days of old" ARs and anything considered "tacticool" was largely unpopular by the Fuddy NRA crowd. Precisely because it wasn't wood grain surplus trash it had no value to them, so it didn't matter when the AWB was proposed.  

Quoted:

The SKS is hated here because:

1- It's not "muh USA military rifle"
2- They are appreciating in value while their AR's are depreciating
3- Not near as tati-cool Magpul-plastic-fuckable Cop-wannabe like their AR's
4- Jealous/envious they didn't buy when they were <$200

I love 'em!  I've got about 6 of them, and I tried to buy another last week in the EE, but the guy hasn't got back to me.
View Quote

Its hated because the community of SKS devotees makes any thread about them unbearable to read.
If you think AR's are "depreciating" in value then explain why EVERYONE is saying that you can't buy an AR for the same price now. Or that it cost's nearly double the cost of the SKS for a better rifle.

And its incredibly ironic that you call out AR's for being tacticool fucked. Were talking about SKS's here. The first thing 99% of new SKS owners do is pull out the plebe mag and order TAPCO everything. Its what they are known for now, not some authentic wood grain communist cannon steeped in years of tradition.

The SKS's tradition now is being a bubba tapco special.

Quoted:

Like I said, I like it. I’m ringing steel out to 200 yards with irons, can’t say the same about my ARs.
I wasn’t around for the $100 days, I just got into firearms a couple years ago, and had seen these at gun shows for $650, so I think I got a “fair” price.
View Quote

Then thats on the shooter. Standard MOA for an AR at 100 yards is 1.5, and if I read correctly the Yugo manual says that the SKS is 6 MOA and most people are saying 3-4 MOA.

Theres really no comparison.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Like I said, I like it. I'm ringing steel out to 200 yards with irons, can't say the same about my ARs.

View Quote
You Got to be making that up.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 5:41:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Members of the Cult of AR saw a thread about a different rifle and feel compelled to come forth and educate the rest of us.

Gotta love the guys who own 20 ARs that they'll never use. And when the military adopts their next rifle (whenever that is), they'll try to dump every rifle they own to raise cash for their new prop. Except they won't get ten cents on the dollar. That's right, their beloved AR is going to become what the SKS was.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:22:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Members of the Cult of AR saw a thread about a different rifle and feel compelled to come forth and educate the rest of us.

Gotta love the guys who own 20 ARs that they'll never use. And when the military adopts their next rifle (whenever that is), they'll try to dump every rifle they own to raise cash for their new prop. Except they won't get ten cents on the dollar. That's right, their beloved AR is going to become what the SKS was.
View Quote

You know who calls guns "props"? Leftists.

And its hilarious to me, that guys bitching because they can't get an AR for under 400 now are saying they won't get 10 cents on the dollar.

I guess I don't understand democrat economics.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You Got to be making that up.
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
View Quote

I didn’t believe it myself. 7 out of 10 on 12” steel out at 200. I have it on video.
Best I got on my 10.5” AR was 4 out of 10 with the MBUS.
I ditched the MBUS and went with the Leupold VX freedom pigplex.
10 out of 10 with 4x magnification at 200. Even my wife was ringing steel with the VX lol she was so excited.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

Seeing as I have around 2 years of experience, that’s an accomplishment for me.
That and the outdoor range is 2 hours away.. so it’s hard to practice often.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Seeing as I have around 2 years of experience, that’s an accomplishment for me.
That and the outdoor range is 2 hours away.. so it’s hard to practice often.
View Quote

Everyone starts somewhere, just keep dry firing and practice as much as possible!
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't think I've shot my SKS in 15 years.
View Quote

Its been a few years, probably 7 or 8, since I have shot one of mine. I have 3, yugos, and probably 3 or 4 cases of wolf ammo.

I am a big fan of SKS rifles, at one time I owned about 20 of them. Chinese, Russian, Romanian, Albanian, Yugoslavian. They are an interesting rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think you are missing the bigger picture here.  If this was even a couple of years ago I would say pass.
However for the most part the glory days of cheap mil Milsurps are gone and not coming back.  If it was a few years ago I would tell someone looking for an SKS to go to local pawn shops etc.  
Currently and maybe forever THOSE DAYS ARE GONE.  If you want an SKS this May be the best opportunity for the foreseeable future.

Also as was mentioned, some people just want a working gun.  You may want a high quality all matching gun that is great. Some people want a handy 7.62 rifle.

Instead of slinging mud help out members work with what the real world has to offer, instead of insulting the younger generation.

FYI I have been collecting for decades as well and have owned some truly collectible guns.  So I am coming from it from experience.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Pipe down old man, I spend my money how I like.
Go buy some more Colt 1911s And wheelguns.
Plus, trump gave me $1200 so it was technically free
Buy a $24 membership on here before you talk shit about spending money. You’re probably a hoarder who saves every little thing, and spends as little money as possible in life. Just enough to get by.
View Quote

Clearly you do not know how taxes work  if you think that trump money was free.     Join date checks out and I have spent a lot of money with Brownells so I reckon I can skip giving them $24.  

When you Johnny Come Latelys catch up with my collecting activity then I might consider your advise on buy and collecting guns.  I have the first mover advantage sorry you were late to the party.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Crazy. I've seen several posters in this thread state that they can get a better rifle for the same price or less, yet none of them have posted a link to those awesome deals.
View Quote

Why would any smart person share their sources so that a bunch of vultures can come in and buy out what they might want to buy?   I never ever share a good source of guns and ammo if it is not known by others in number already. I currently have a source of cheap reloading supplies near my and every payday I go in and buy a few hundred dollars worth of components and any equipment that I may want.   If you think I am telling anyone where and who they are ... no way .
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#41]
like a bunch of high schools girls in here

people like different things, it's ok
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:51:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not surprising, since you're too cheap to pony up an Arfcom membership.

View Quote

That is simply not an insult...  I would rather spend that $24 on ammo at least I get some value from that .
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#44]
150rds in stripper clips takes up much less space than 150rds in banana mags. SKS is so obviously superior...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 12:41:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:03:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Wasn't meant as an insult, simply an observation.

There are those that make a positive contribution with their knowledge and experience.

And there are those like you......
View Quote

I'd spend your $24 on a gun book instead of hoping for someone to toss you a bone .
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Just take it to the car wash and hose it down.

The safety on the thing had to have been an afterthought. Communists probably first issued it with instructions to find a rock or something to jamb behind the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:19:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Reading the comments in these SKS threads tells a different story about the history of this one particular surplus firearms that no other surplus weapon can match.  It's soo weird.   Only the Mosin Nagant comes close.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just take it to the car wash and hose it down.

The safety on the thing had to have been an afterthought. Communists probably first issued it with instructions to find a rock or something to jamb behind the trigger.
View Quote

Have you ever used the safety on a Mosin rifle?
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
150rds in stripper clips takes up much less space than 150rds in banana mags. SKS is so obviously superior...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421435/3916D6D1-0842-4E75-8675-807BE32C573A_jpe-1525553.JPG
View Quote

Only takes four times as long to reload, and you only have to do it three times as often.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top