[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That seems excessive.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Op hates freedom.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha, knew there was going to be a link to Tactical toolbox before I clicked.  Honestly, his channel perplexes me because on one hand he likes flat brimmed hats and ugly ass poser shit, on the other hand he seems like a really good guy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn’t read the thread or watch the video but I have several handguns suited for concealed carry in different situations and I wear the best one for the job. It’s nice to have options and not having to dress around my gun. I don’t know about this toolbox nonsense but guns are tools
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Never carry a white Glock after Labor Day... Miss Manners
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I switch it up at times, no special reason, I just like doing it.

It does give me an excuse for those times when I'm looking for another carry gun, but don't really need one.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry every gun I own at one point or another. It's fun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Arfcom: Guns have been banned from YouTube!
OP: I'm mad because there are too many guns on YouTube!
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I carry every gun I own at one point or another. It's fun.
View Quote
I've gotten some odd looks with the RPK.
Link Posted: 5/19/2019 11:56:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Next thing OP is going to tell us he doesn't take 2-3 ARs on a bi-monthly Costco run.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Unless I’m looking for ideas or something, I really don’t care what, or how much of something somebody else is carrying with them.

Personally, I’d actually be a little envious if someone had a different carry gun for each day of the month.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Next thing OP is going to tell us he doesn't take 2-3 ARs on a bi-monthly Costco run.
View Quote
It's his funeral.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:04:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Honestly I just don't believe that people really carry that much shit, but if they do they are EDCing 15 feet to the car, and packing all that shit up in their trunk before clocking in to the office 9-5.

I carry every day, and this is pretty much it. I tried to carry a spare mag for a while (about 1 week), and may get a leather mag holder to try again. My keys, gun, phone and wallet are pretty much all I want in my pockets.

When you just hiked in a quarter of a mile of briars, vines, reeds, barbed wire fences, and all the other shit foliage, carrying 30lbs of work equipment in 95 degree heat and humidity, carrying that extra shit will last about a day.

Less is better.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 5:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Honestly I just don't believe that people really carry that much shit, but if they do they are EDCing 15 feet to the car, and packing all that shit up in their trunk before clocking in to the office 9-5.

I carry every day, and this is pretty much it. I tried to carry a spare mag for a while (about 1 week), and may get a leather mag holder to try again. My keys, gun, phone and wallet are pretty much all I want in my pockets.

When you just hiked in a quarter of a mile of briars, vines, reeds, barbed wire fences, and all the other shit foliage, carrying 30lbs of work equipment in 95 degree heat and humidity, carrying that extra shit will last about a day.

Less is better.
https://i.imgflip.com/31edsd.jpg
View Quote
My grandparents had that keychain, I haven’t seen one in years.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Lol at Jason Bourne

Different strokes for different folks, but I'm pretty skeptical of the guys who say they carry 2 guns, multiple mags, 3 knives, 2 lights, a multitool, other random tools, paracord, quick-clot, etc etc.
View Quote
My EDC:

Wallet and watch, keys on a belt clip
Multitool
Thompson Voyager Vaquero (or as large as is legal, depending on what state I am in that day)
P938 (I will sometimes swap this for a J frame or K6s, but not very often)
AAA flashlight (don't recall which brand)
9' tape measure (I use the thing all the time)
Notepad and pen
Sometimes I carry my phone as well

Sometimes it feels like a ton of crap, but I use most of it regularly (with the exception of my large knife and firearm obviously). Fortunately I wear cargo shorts or pants so it isn't a big deal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Watched the video OP posted. Looks like dude has a CCW problem. lol

It was cool and all but I look at that and think wow you have spent 4-5K and have pretty much the same version of the same CCW load out. If your into collecting thats one thing but have some diversity. Having 6 of the same thing just seems a bit retarded. Now a micro pocket gun, pocket gun, ankle gun, IWB gun and OWB gun I understand.

If Im spending $4-5K on something its going to be going towards a second Machine Gun, DD or something with a soul like a Garand.

But youtube guy is trying to sell a image. So he has to have all the accessories to make is Insta look dope.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I match mine to my purse
View Quote
I match mine to my shoes
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#18]
PPS M2 for summer
Glock 19 for winter

Always have: wallet, phone, keys, knife,
wildcard: watch
Everything else is weather dependent (sunglasses, hat, jacket, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Less is better.
https://i.imgflip.com/31edsd.jpg
View Quote
A Glock in leather is soooo gauche...

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't even carry a gun half the time anymore.

I found worrying about my "persec" constantly to be tiring and annoying. I always have a gun close by, but I'd say carrying one on my person happens about 20% of the time now.

I can say with 100% certainty that my quality of life has improved since I stopped being paranoid about needing to defend myself constantly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I especially love the EDC tards that talk about how they've "beat the crap out of" item X or Y.......yet it looks as pristine as they day it came out of the box.

The only item I use on a daily basis other than my phone is my knife. I use it every day for anything and everything. It looks accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 10:40:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I match mine to my shoes
View Quote
I carry a smooth, shiny gun every day because it always matches my scalp.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:03:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My EDC:

Wallet and watch, keys on a belt clip
Multitool
Thompson Voyager Vaquero (or as large as is legal, depending on what state I am in that day)
P938 (I will sometimes swap this for a J frame or K6s, but not very often)
AAA flashlight (don't recall which brand)
9' tape measure (I use the thing all the time)
Notepad and pen
Sometimes I carry my phone as well

Sometimes it feels like a ton of crap, but I use most of it regularly (with the exception of my large knife and firearm obviously). Fortunately I wear cargo shorts or pants so it isn't a big deal.
View Quote
I don't understand how you guys run with all that shit in the cargo pockets.  When I load up the cargo pockets on my shorts and have to jog or run a few steps or a short ways, the shorts get swaying back and forth and get in the way.  If I had that much shit in my pockets, I would need tie straps like the old military style pants to tie around my knee area to keep my pants from going everywhere.

My EDC.

Keys
Pocketknife
Cell phone (sometimes.  I often leave it in the truck or house)
Shield 45
Wallet
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:08:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't understand how you guys run with all that shit in the cargo pockets.  When I load up the cargo pockets on my shorts and have to jog or run a few steps or a short ways, the shorts get swaying back and forth and get in the way.  If I had that much shit in my pockets, I would need tie straps like the old military style pants to tie around my knee area to keep my pants from going everywhere.

My EDC.

Keys
Pocketknife
Cell phone (sometimes.  I often leave it in the truck or house)
Shield 45
Wallet
View Quote
The secret is dont run or jog.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#25]
OP...it's all about freedom and choice...the enemy of tyrants.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#26]
I carry either a Bodyguard or a Glock 19, depending on a few things.  I don't care what other people carry, I'm just glad that they do.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The secret is dont run or jog.
View Quote

I forgot this is GD.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I forgot this is GD.
View Quote
Yep I usually have my super model wife wearing NV drive up machine guns blazing out the Rover when shit gets real like when a small dog walks into our yard.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I carry every day. I don't like carrying a ton of crap but certain things have made it into my pockets.

Canik TP9 Elite-S every day for a year or so.
XDs on hot summer days, which is my newest option.

Pocket knife of some kind.
Flashlight
Tourniquet and Celox

I like the line of thought that one should always have the 4 essentials: Something sharp, something bright, something lethal, something medical.

One guy I know goes way over the top in my mind - 2 guns, 3 mags, 2 lights, 1 multitool, 2 knives, etc etc etc.

Probably just boils down to whatever toots your horn.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Well since this has turned into a what I EDC thread I say post pics.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 11:57:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.itstactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/edc-too-much-01.jpg

Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#34]
That's an assault stapler. Staple capacity is too high, and it's semi-auto. Illegal here in NY.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#35]
why do you wear three watches
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:45:06 PM EDT
[#36]
How To Every Day Carry (EDC)
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#38]
The thought that firearms need to be plain, boring, utilitarian tools is a recent belief that goes against the entirety of human history regarding finely-crafted arms and armor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The thought that firearms need to be plain, boring, utilitarian tools is a recent belief that goes against the entirety of human history regarding finely-crafted arms and armor.
View Quote
Excellent point!

The Knights of The Round Table did not carry WalMart swords.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
why do you wear three watches
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Because 3 is 1, 2 is 0, and 1 is negative 1. Duh.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mine changes depending on if its summer or winter,heavier or lighter clothing what I want to carry.
View Quote
Fixed

I carry different guns because I can and have the ability too choose. One day it is my S&W 6906, the next it could be my HK USP Compact, maybe that evening it is a Colt New Agent.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Now that I got a 43X I'm just going to carry that year round.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:15:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I only have one carry gun (g19) but I do carry a shitload of EDC stuff. I like havin shit
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:18:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
why do you ONLY wear three watches
View All Quotes
Fixed
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The whole "EDC" craze has gone off the deep end. The pocket dump threads are hilarious. People carrying 20lbs of shit everywhere they go? Lol. Relax, Jason Bourne.
View Quote
I usually carry a gun, a spare source of ammo (mag or speed loader/strip), pocket knife, wallet, phone, credentials, and keys.

On duty it if a different story. I carry a BUG.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tactical stapler?
View All Quotes
Good luck closing a would without a tactical stapler. It's your funeral.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Carrying a Roland Special and a Microtech is fine. Also carrying 2 other guns, another knife, 3 more flashlights, a tourniquet, 7 pens, 2 watches, 3 cell phones, keys for your house and every car you own, your passport and wallet is not fine.
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I've never quite understood it either. I prefer keeping it simple.

Ranch/woods: USP45

Everyday, if the clothing permits: G19

Everyday, if a little more concealment is needed: G43

Those rare occasions when carry is off limits: LCP
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I have no idea how people can carry that much shit on their person.  I can hardly carry my wallet, keys, and phone unless I have a jacket with pockets.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top