Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the 2A and AR15s are only for right wing Christians?

You do realize the more people from ALL walks of life who are getting into ARs is a good thing, right?

Or maybe it’s those of us who dislike trump over stabbing gun owners in the back?

Does that make me a leftist liberal?
View Quote

Potentially yes it is a very bad thing.
It is NOT a good thing when those want to transform this into a marxist shithole take interest in guns,
If you have a problem with that, the pin you tagged yourself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I imagine some people on here just absorb the mainstream propaganda and repeat it.

That said it is not hard to believe the the govt narrative pushers who have manipulated twitter and other social media to push a narrative have figured out a way to hack ar15.com and other online forums to manipulate public opinion.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
happens all the time with dormant troll accounts
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are definitely a batch of libtards hanging out here now.
Not sure why they would be interested in hanging out on a gun forum.

View Quote

How many Internet sites significantly helped put 15,000 armed people in the streets of a state capital to peacefully protest?  (And it was an amazing thing.)

That might be a reason why.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I noticed it with myself. I registered in 2022 and all of the sudden I have thousands of posts I’ve never made.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Several name changes occurred.

I suspect several accounts have been sold.  I also suspect bot activity is high.

View Quote

No doubt in my mind.  Fucking bots stirring shit on a web forum.  Who woulda thought?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:52:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I joined in '12 and didn't really post unless it was in one of the technical forums. Didn't really see GD for what it was, a land of debauchery, information, and political neophytes.

I liked it, so I stayed. And my post count went up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thr Feds have already infiltrated your drag racing group to see if you are stealing high end auto parts.  Don't trust anyone who's not...family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So I am the only one that isn't a fed?  I wonder what kind of plot they have in mind for me to start...

Thr Feds have already infiltrated your drag racing group to see if you are stealing high end auto parts.  Don't trust anyone who's not...family.

Fast and Furious Honda Civic
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I changed my name to Caught_hammer. Then I realized that's a dumb name. So I changed it back to Thrown_hammer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I sold my account to a leftist news organization.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I naively thought this forum would be traditional American Christian right wing conservative but it looks like that is exactly why it has been heavily populated with left wing counterpointers, disruptors and subversives. I guess they're here for the same reasons I thought would make it a traditional family value oriented gathering. Every topic I open there's someone shrieking liberal talking points and clutching their pearls in mock outrage.

Is there nowhere left to go anymore, it feels like the whole world is a leftist re-education camp, and not even a 2A themed forum is immune.
View Quote

First six posts nail it. This one too. With more details.

Get used to it, it ain't changing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Easy for you to say...
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Me neither.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not seeing it myself.
Me neither.

Me either
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#14]
New members should be restricted from posting in Gen Discussion for at least two years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You do realize the more people from ALL walks of life who are getting into ARs is a good thing, right?

Or maybe it’s those of us who dislike trump over stabbing gun owners in the back?

View Quote

It depends, do you support radical Marxist with ARs.  You know, the ones that actually want to overthrow the constitution?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
New members should be restricted from posting in Gen Discussion for at least two years.
View Quote

LOL.  Board traffic would drop to almost zero.  They'd go broke.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#17]
OP you have 28k posts and I don't recognize you.

Explain yourself.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't be talkin about me!
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We got Mikhail_86 back, need deathhates for the livepd threads.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I myself are like a lot of people around here I suspect. We come and read much more than we post.

I came here for the technical info but with the times changing, unfortunately for the worst; I am now spending more time in GD.

But yeah, I’ve been here for a little while. And learned a lot. So thank you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:25:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:That’s kinda been happening, just the wrong folks getting the boot.
View Quote
For the instances I know of, agreed, but that's just reinforcing that whatever call they make is gonna piss someone off.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#25]
I, for one, am not a cop.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Haven't noticed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It depends, do you support radical Marxist with ARs.  You know, the ones that actually want to overthrow the constitution?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do these radical Marxists enjoy the rights as stated in our Constitution? Yeah, sure, I support that. We would not want to infringe on their rights, right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
for some reason in the past few days I have noticed a few things about our "membership"

1- people with under 300 posts that have been registered here for many, many years

2- people with thousands of posts, but I can't remember ever seeing them post before on a basis that would be equivalent to their posting numbers.

are we seeing name changes?
member alias takeovers by 3rd parties?
Troll accounts?

anyone noticed any other anomalies?

View Quote

Twitter has millions of bots/puppet accounts. ar15.com is a forum which is oldest form of social media. I have stories to tell about the war for public opinion but I dont feel like getting mocked.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

ARFCOM has always been very clear that there isn't a political litmus test or requirement to post here.

The only "requirement" is some interest in the AR rifle platform, and even that is not a requirement, just a general expectation.  Obviously someone can join a Mustang car forum without owning a Mustang or even being interested in them.

The fact that MOST posters are conservative makes perfect sense, but obviously there will be a LOT of libertarians and independents that are interested in the AR platform as well.  As most members probably are conservatives, Democrats or left wingers who are interested in the AR platform are much less likely to enjoy the site, but as long as they follow the rules and refrain from trolling, there's nothing preventing them from registering and participating.   This principle has ALWAYS been the case, since the formation of AR15.com back in the 1990s.

The expectation that the membership of AR15.COM would be Christian Conservatives exclusively is a bizarre one, and is completely at odds with the founding principles and intent of the Avilas.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scroll up two posts from yours.

This is exactly what the post you are referring to is talking about. ARFCOM isn't a Conservative website, it's a gun website. People have different opinions here. It's always been that way.

ARFCOM has always been very clear that there isn't a political litmus test or requirement to post here.

The only "requirement" is some interest in the AR rifle platform, and even that is not a requirement, just a general expectation.  Obviously someone can join a Mustang car forum without owning a Mustang or even being interested in them.

The fact that MOST posters are conservative makes perfect sense, but obviously there will be a LOT of libertarians and independents that are interested in the AR platform as well.  As most members probably are conservatives, Democrats or left wingers who are interested in the AR platform are much less likely to enjoy the site, but as long as they follow the rules and refrain from trolling, there's nothing preventing them from registering and participating.   This principle has ALWAYS been the case, since the formation of AR15.com back in the 1990s.

The expectation that the membership of AR15.COM would be Christian Conservatives exclusively is a bizarre one, and is completely at odds with the founding principles and intent of the Avilas.

A while back there was an obvious troll thread by a new user who said exactly the same thing as the guy you’re referencing.

I suspect that said poster reposted the troll rant as a sarcastic copy pasta that is going farther over peoples heads than it did when originally posted.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I naively thought this forum would be traditional American Christian right wing conservative but it looks like that is exactly why it has been heavily populated with left wing counterpointers, disruptors and subversives. I guess they're here for the same reasons I thought would make it a traditional family value oriented gathering. Every topic I open there's someone shrieking liberal talking points and clutching their pearls in mock outrage.

Is there nowhere left to go anymore, it feels like the whole world is a leftist re-education camp, and not even a 2A themed forum is immune.
View Quote

They can post stuff here that is directly at odds with everything we stand for, yet a good-natured Cockpocalypse results in a lifetime ban.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I imagine some people on here just absorb the mainstream propaganda and repeat it.

That said it is not hard to believe the the govt narrative pushers who have manipulated twitter and other social media to push a narrative have figured out a way to hack ar15.com and other online forums to manipulate public opinion.

View Quote

They used a very sophisticated technique to take over arfcom.
Cold. Hard. Cash.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Leftists march in lockstep.  We’re a diverse crowd here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't know about that one, Karl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know about that one, Karl.

It's a mixed bag.

Some percentage may start questioning the political beliefs they have been taught, after learning that the AR isn't the evil, baby killing death machine they had been told it was.  I've seen a few posters over the years state that they were in this category.

Some percentage may suddenly realize that passing laws so that only the military and the cops can have certain types of weapons, goes against their ACAB/defund the police position.  Seems to be some of that in the northwestern states, recently, and the left probably views them as something similar to how we tend to view FUDDs.

Some percentage may retain some views that conservatives may find repulsive, but (unlike the looney left) have no compulsion to force those beliefs on others, and turn out to be strong supporters of the second amendment.  I've noticed some of those in GD over the years.

And some percentage will fall into the subversive, revolutionary ('guns are a necessary evil, to be discarded once they have served their purpose') category.

Unfortunately, we will just have to wait and see which they turn out to be, as they discover what the second amendment means to them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:05:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't recall spending much time in GD, during my first few years on the site.  Probably spent more time in the AR Pistols and Rimfire and Pistol Calibers subforums, than anywhere else in those years.  Eventually, I started reading the insanity that is GD, and somewhere along the way I realized that the tech forums were costing me a lot of money, so I started spending more time in GD.

For me, I couldn't see myself staying around if I had started out in GD, but I guess there are some people that are just messed up enough in their heads to jump right into GD with both feet from the start.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Twitter has millions of bots/puppet accounts. ar15.com is a forum which is oldest form of social media. I have stories to tell about the war for public opinion but I dont feel like getting mocked.
View Quote

i wouldn't mock you.  Musk exposing the Twitter mess is likely the tip of the iceberg.  Google for years has manipulated search results.   same thing with Meta.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do these radical Marxists enjoy the rights as stated in our Constitution? Yeah, sure, I support that. We would not want to infringe on their rights, right?
View Quote

For them it's a tool to abolish it and enslave people after the fact.  Notice Marxist are all about giving out arms until they take absolute control, then forcibly take them away.

Treason and sedition are a thing, and why oaths to the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic are included.  If anyone group of people that needed to charged with Conspiracy to Committ sedition, it should have been ANTIFA and their ilk back in 2020.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And with all this we still can’t get death hates back.
View Quote

Who?
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:11:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

GD normally refers to that as being 'pegged' but your description may be more descriptive of what you actually felt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I quit all social media about 10 years ago.  I got bored and came back on this site, but have been regularly following it over the years.  This is about the only thing I post to anymore.  Not many people had the appetite for what I had to say then, but it seems that more people are starting to see things for what they actually are now.

GD normally refers to that as being 'pegged' but your description may be more descriptive of what you actually felt.

Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#40]
We have to play nice with the obvious leftist trolls infiltrating arf but can't get folks like FidelCashflow and DeathHates back....
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I don't recall spending much time in GD, during my first few years on the site.  Probably spent more time in the AR Pistols and Rimfire and Pistol Calibers subforums, than anywhere else in those years.  Eventually, I started reading the insanity that is GD, and somewhere along the way I realized that the tech forums were costing me a lot of money, so I started spending more time in GD.

For me, I couldn't see myself staying around if I had started out in GD, but I guess there are some people that are just messed up enough in their heads to jump right into GD with both feet from the start.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two years is solidly "fuck that" territory. Think about how many posts a new AR15 shooter might need in tech to... not have any more immediate questions. 50 or so? GD is the natural next step to BS with fellow gun nuts. Restricting everyone to tech during that wide gap between "I have questions about which is the loud end" and "I'm an actual SME with valuable input" would GD-ify tech. No bueno.

It's all bandaid solutions. You want arf GD to not look like like arfchan, make a call about arfchan posters and scurry them off. Problem is, the whole internet is chan-ified now, and most of GD's prolific content creators would fall under that umbrella. So it's really too late to turn the place around.
Quoted:
We have to play nice with the obvious leftist trolls infiltrating arf but can't get folks like FidelCashflow and DeathHates back....

Absolutely my favorite username on this site.

As far as "leftist trolls", I think the TRUE PATRIOT info ops types are the greater concern, but there's the problem I'm talking about. To a good chunk of the membership those are the more valuable posters.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
for some reason in the past few days I have noticed a few things about our "membership"

1- people with under 300 posts that have been registered here for many, many years

2- people with thousands of posts, but I can't remember ever seeing them post before on a basis that would be equivalent to their posting numbers.

Troll accounts?

View Quote

The anomalies have been and still are 13'ers.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Reading this thread it just occurred to me that many folks changed their username to distance themselves/insulate themselves from someone connecting their account to their real person. I must be doing it wrong, because I obviously did the opposite.

The poster formerly known as RockHard13F...
View Quote

The internet used to be a different place.  In the 1990s, it was common for people to have their email address publicly viewable with their posts on various forums.  The ISP I originally used, was just a local BBS when I joined it, and their format for account names and email addresses was (first name).(last name).  This turned out to be not such a great idea, once groups like Rosie O'Donnell's fanatical followers ventured forth in their internet holy war against anything Rosie told them was bad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's warm here today and the snowflakes are melting....
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Two years is solidly "fuck that" territory. Think about how many posts a new AR15 shooter might need in tech to... not have any more immediate questions. 50 or so? GD is the natural next step to BS with fellow gun nuts. Restricting everyone to tech during that wide gap between "I have questions about which is the loud end" and "I'm an actual SME with valuable input" would GD-ify tech. No bueno.

It's all bandaid solutions. You want arf GD to not look like like arfchan, make a call about arfchan posters and scurry them off. Problem is, the whole internet is chan-ified now, and most of GD's prolific content creators would fall under that umbrella. So it's really too late to turn the place around.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much.

We’ve been 87 Chan for a solid 4 to 6 years. It’s who we are now & trying to change it will be more painful than anyones willing to tolerate.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Meanwhile in GD:
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:22:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

For them it's a tool to abolish it and enslave people after the fact.  Notice Marxist are all about giving out arms until they take absolute control, then forcibly take them away.

Treason and sedition are a thing, and why oaths to the constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic are included.  If anyone group of people that needed to charged with Conspiracy to Committ sedition, it should have been ANTIFA and their ilk back in 2020.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cognitive dissonance is strong here.

‘The 2A gives me the right to own arms, including nukes. It shall not be infringed!’ - ‘Oh leftists with ARs, no, we have to restrict that!’

‘The government has no right to infringe on my Constitutional Rights especially 1A, 2A, and 4A!’ - ‘The 19th Amendment; we need to repeal that bitch. Make me a sammatch!’  
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:22:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

drag racing group
View Quote

Careful with that or somebody might blow a tranny.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:25:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying I support such a restriction, just pointing out that there are people who did that on their own, and people who didn't do that.

As for how many questions someone may have in the tech forums, that will also vary.  If it weren't for the amount of time I spent in the tech forums, I wouldn't have even thought of doing stuff like this with ARs.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Troll accounts?

View Quote

Noticed it more and more over the last year or a little more, yep.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top