SKOR wins in a landslide. Snickers is #2
View Quote

Forgot about skor, great one.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#5]
2, 3, 9, 4, 10
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Tagging for the ideas. Love me some chocolate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Snickers Xtreme was perfection. Now it’s gone
View Quote

It was too good to live.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mars candy bar.

View Quote

An almond in every bite.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You said chocolate bar. Herhsey's is the only one I see. Best by a large margin over al, others. Candy bars bars are another story, do you care to try your question again?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 9:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The list is a lie. Where is the York Mint Patty and Lindt Excellence Bar, 85% Cocoa Extra Dark Chocolate?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#11]
3,9, or 8 with almonds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:37:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I never use to like dark chocolate....but now I do, and anything made in Belgium.

But I still like a good ol American,,Back to back world war champion Hershey bar...Many a liberated child got there first bite of freedom from one of those...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
non of the above

Milka

(any of them)
View Quote

Love the Milka and Ritter chocolates. Back in the day at closing time you could buy bags full of broken Ritter bars fresh from the factory. I'm talking a bag like the big Sunday newspaper comes in for a few marks. I doubt they still do that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Mars - Australian 1980s vintage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#17]

I win the logic contest.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
WHERE IS MY 100 GRAND?!
View Quote

I loves these!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bingo.

American chocolate is nasty garbage.
View Quote

If you don't like it... ----->

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't want to sound like some raging Eurosnob asshole,

View Quote

Too late..
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
<= Belgian.

That's candy. Not chocolate.

EDIT Having sampled many a Hershey from your PX'es, they are in general too sweet. Way to much sugar, not enough cocoa.

If you want good regular plain chocolate, in Belgium you can go Cote d'or, Callebaut, Jaqcues. Swiss Lindt or Cailler.

If you want good pralines, in Belgium you can go Leonidas, Godiva, Neuhaus. Swiss pralines, meh. Just go Belgian.

View Quote

Yeah, but does all that bullshit melt into ambrosia when sandwiched with a marshmallow, between two all American graham crackers over a campfire?

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#22]
This, without question...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't eat chocolate and would never date or marry anyone who did.  Chocolate smells bad and causes cancer.
View Quote

Um...

I'm rarely at a loss for words, and yet I am at this...

I kind of have the feeling the short bus opened it's door for a moment.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:54:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Love these things.  Just really mild milk chocolate. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172294/71F816E5-89BB-47AE-B846-EB0300004F9C-1808801.jpg

ETA: And to all you prissy, eurofag chocolate fans: fuck you and have a nice day.  By the grace of God,  I’m an American and I eat American chocolate.

View Quote

High five Janie!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Mass American chocolate is mediocre at best.  When I was in Europe and still ate candy I tried a lot of their candy bars and the were pretty much all better than ours.  I think the reason was the primary ingredient.  There it was milk, here its sugar.  And in the US they like to substitute oils for cocoa butter.  Glad I quit eating that tripe.

I was ordering Cadbury milk bars from England for a while after I got back.
View Quote

You probably don't mean to sound as abrasive as you come off here, so I deleted my OP, and wish you a merry day.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#27]
In no particular order, real chocolate bars.

Theos
Chocolove
Endangered Species
Green & Black

I am also trying my hand at making my own at home. The flavor is fabulous, but my texture is off.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In no particular order, real chocolate bars.

Theos
Chocolove
Endangered Species
Green & Black

I am also trying my hand at making my own at home. The flavor is fabulous, but my texture is off.
View Quote

Are you tempering the chocolate?
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#29]
The best chocolate bar is actually a sphere, Terry's chocolate orange.  I would be a sphere if they sold them year round, and not just at Christmas.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The best chocolate bar is actually a sphere, Terry's chocolate orange.  I would be a sphere if they sold them year round, and not just at Christmas.
View Quote

Yuck.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:01:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yuck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yuck.

15-20 years ago they were good.  Now they’re all waxy and gross...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Zero Bar.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Zero Bar.
View Quote

Not even chocolate.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#34]
5th Avenue
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:53:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You probably don't mean to sound as abrasive as you come off here, so I deleted my OP, and wish you a merry day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mass American chocolate is mediocre at best.  When I was in Europe and still ate candy I tried a lot of their candy bars and the were pretty much all better than ours.  I think the reason was the primary ingredient.  There it was milk, here its sugar.  And in the US they like to substitute oils for cocoa butter.  Glad I quit eating that tripe.

I meant what I said.  Thankfully we live in America where options are available.  Low quality stuff, IMO, like Hershey sugar and oil...I mean milk chocolate, or high quality American companies putting out quality milk chocolate. Or even order Cadbury Milk Bars from foreign lands if one so desires.  Options are endless for how one gets the beetus.

One shouldn't get trigged by another's choice in candy.

Good day sir.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Eurosnobs claiming oh Belgian chocolate is so far superior,, or my German choco-lata is just scrumptious and anything in America is terrible - get over it, go to Europe and eat all the chocolate bars you want, or better yet order them from some importer.    
American chocolate is sweeter and I like sweet, I also like cocoa, they are all good
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I meant what I said.  Thankfully we live in America where options are available.  Low quality stuff, IMO, like Hershey sugar and oil...I mean milk chocolate, or high quality American companies putting out quality milk chocolate. Or even order Cadbury Milk Bars from foreign lands if one so desires.  Options are endless for how one gets the beetus.

Good day sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good day sir.
Candy bars be serious bid'ness...
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good day sir.

Damn serious.  
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#41]
It comes all the way from Switzerland, Europe. That's near France, see.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:51:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Eurosnobs claiming oh Belgian chocolate is so far superior,, or my German choco-lata is just scrumptious and anything in America is terrible - get over it, go to Europe and eat all the chocolate bars you want, or better yet order them from some importer.    
American chocolate is sweeter and I like sweet, I also like cocoa, they are all good
View Quote

You can get amazing American chocolate. Just not from Hershey.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 1:52:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Toblerone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve attempted to but I get all sorts of results.

Too cold turns my chocolate soft. Too warm my chocolate is brittle. I’m trying to find a way to control temperature better.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#45]
FPNI!
Reese's Peanut butter cup is a close 2nd!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Asks about choco bars and offers a list of candy bars with chocolate frosting. Go figure.

My local super mart has a selection of 128 candy and choco bars (albeit a few of them are variations of size), but these are my top 5:

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Too cold turns my chocolate soft. Too warm my chocolate is brittle. I’m trying to find a way to control temperature better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve never tried, but it seems to be something even pro chefs struggling with sometimes.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:12:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I don't want to sound like some raging Eurosnob asshole, but I genuinely feel bad for American kids who are fed swill like Hershey's chocolate, and think they are eating good chocolate.  

View Quote

American kids prefer far nastier candy than Boomer "chocolate category" candy bars.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

OK, I believe you could be rehabilitated.

I won’t put straight mayo on fries, but I don’t like ketchup on them either.  I do like them with cocktail sauce  which is basically ketchup with a good shot of horseradish, a little lemon juice, and a dash of Worcestershire.  Failing that that, I just over salt them.

I got introduced to biscuits and gravy at a tender age eating Saturday breakfast with my father and his two friends at the local mom-and-pop.  But I really hit my stride while dating a guy in the Air Force.  The O’Club did an occasional - once a month, maybe -breakfast brunch with that on the menu.  He only took me about every six months because it was that long before he recovered from the embarrassment of me hogging down the B&G. I was 5’6” and 125 - 130 tops - but I’d flat put that stuff away. He used to accuse me of having a hollow leg. I mean I was legendary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

OK, I believe you could be rehabilitated.

I won’t put straight mayo on fries, but I don’t like ketchup on them either.  I do like them with cocktail sauce  which is basically ketchup with a good shot of horseradish, a little lemon juice, and a dash of Worcestershire.  Failing that that, I just over salt them.

I got introduced to biscuits and gravy at a tender age eating Saturday breakfast with my father and his two friends at the local mom-and-pop.  But I really hit my stride while dating a guy in the Air Force.  The O’Club did an occasional - once a month, maybe -breakfast brunch with that on the menu.  He only took me about every six months because it was that long before he recovered from the embarrassment of me hogging down the B&G. I was 5’6” and 125 - 130 tops - but I’d flat put that stuff away. He used to accuse me of having a hollow leg. I mean I was legendary.

Ha! I always love eating on foreign bases, simply because you can make the messhall people completely freak out because we don't know anything and order all the wrong stuff.

I once had an officer in my group, think he was number 5-6 in the Austrian Defence...pretty serious guy...but wearing jamjar-glasses...he ordered all the wrong things from the massive US breakfast buffet. "Oh yezz and some of those peaches (fried eggs) with yoghurt (gravy) to start, and I would like some granola (grits) in a cup on the side."

The poor guy behind the counter was nervously dishing out all the food onto the guys plate while desperately making eyecontact with me, while I was too busy paying absolutely no attention to him at all.

Sadly it all came crashing down when the O made it to the "monday breakfast special", which was Salisbury steak.

He turned around, found what he presumed was his orderly (me), poked a finger in my chest and said "I sei hyou zere! Vat is zat???"

Told him it looked like peach cobbler served with a dark crème of some sorts. Sir.

He thought it over, and then said "ah yes. Sadly I awready haf peech joggert, too mush froet awready!" and tottered off.

Now thàt would have been epic...

Quoted:
Eurosnobs claiming oh Belgian chocolate is so far superior,, or my German choco-lata is just scrumptious and anything in America is terrible - get over it, go to Europe and eat all the chocolate bars you want

I'm already here.

Excellent choice sir!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Snickers for some stick to my ribs.
Mr. Goodbar is simple, good, gets the job done.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top