Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never had the feeling it's someone else standing a the foot of my bed.

I've had the feeling, many times, that I'm standing at the foot of the bed.  I've had the feeling that I'm hovering over the bed.  In all these scenarios I'm watching myself sleep for hours.  I've decided to read a book but I can't move.  I just have to watch myself sleep.  I can watch the cats get up and walk around the room.

It's horrible sleep.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't believe in ghosts.

Demons, on the other hand, are an entirely different and dangerous matter.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep your Fap hand strong
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
pick a round that penetrates your foot well, so after you shoot through you foot, the bullet still has sufficient energy to kill the imaginary foe at the foot (see what I did there?) bed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:21:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Wife used to do that before I ejected, figured she was holding a murder weapon each time
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I get the feeling, sometimes, that somebody is looking at me.
Then I look down and realize who is doing the staring.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That show was full of fake shit, I'm not saying ghosts don't exist (because they do) but that the show was faked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If ghosts were real there would be more evidence. It's sleep paralysis.
There was like 11 seasons of the tv show ghost hunters... aren't you convinced?
That show was full of fake shit, I'm not saying ghosts don't exist (because they do) but that the show was faked.
Ghosts don't exist.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:32:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
..that somebody is standing at the foot of your bed while trying to go to sleep?
View Quote
Yes. But at the same time I knew it was bullshit. And it was.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Alot. I can tell when the spirit in our home arrives.

I believe it's a she.

I've seen it a few times... small in stature.

Freaks me out every time
View Quote
If you see it, then light photons are hitting your eye hole. Snap a pic of it. If you can't snap a pic then IT'S IN YOUR HEAD.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:40:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Its called "The Hag".  Usually induced by sleep paralysis.  Im so used to "her" I just tell her to fuck off because I'm tired as shit and need some sleep.  I probably notice it more, as I have been trying to lucid dream for 8+ years and have only a loose grasp on the whole thing/being in controll of how/what to dream.  It probably happens a couple times a month to a couple times a week for me.  If it happens once I usually have it happen 2 more times before I actually fall asleep.  At this point I have realized she isnt real and try to use the time to decide what I want to start dreaming about/doing to start off my dream.

My brother is the same way but we have both found it more prevalent when we are at a lack of sleep.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ghosts don't exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ghosts don't exist.
Wrong!! No bullshit I've seen a picture with my dead grandpa in it, he had been dead for 10 years when the picture was taken.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ghosts don't exist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ghosts don't exist.
I'm kind of agnostic on that- quantum physics is weird.

As much as I find disappointment in this earth, I'd probably hang around if I got disembodied. Can definitely think of a few people I'd fuck with.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you see it, then light photons are hitting your eye hole. Snap a pic of it. If you can't snap a pic then IT'S IN YOUR HEAD.
View Quote
Ghosts are very oppositey. Ones you can't see with your eyes show up in photographs all the time. The ones you can see never do.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wouldn't consider not hiding under the covers from imaginary beings badass.  If you do, then I'm sorry for you I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I wouldn't consider not hiding under the covers from imaginary beings badass.  If you do, then I'm sorry for you I guess.
Curious.

When exactly did I say Iwas  hiding from anything? Or contribute to the supernatural nature of the thread?

I was simply the first one to mention sleep paralysis.

Keep your sympathy, I'm good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:42:28 AM EDT
[#17]
I wake up screaming more often than I would like.

Scares the hell out of my girlfriend.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:46:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hypnagogic hallucination. Not uncommon.
View Quote
this. I get it nearly every morning
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:46:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If ghosts were real there would be more evidence. It’s sleep paralysis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ghost. Just because you can’t see them it doesn’t mean that they do not exist.
Or possibly Demon(s).
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:48:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL no way you are serious
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:50:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
..that somebody is standing at the foot of your bed while trying to go to sleep?..this has happened a few times in my life,however last night,it freaked me out!...what round for imaginary entity?
View Quote
Squirt gun filled with Holy Water.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Sounds like OP needs a ghost gun.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:33:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ghosts are very oppositey. Ones you can't see with your eyes show up in photographs all the time. The ones you can see never do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are both physical phenomena that play on the ignorance and uncertainty of the human mind.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How does one go about collecting evidence of ghosts?
View Quote

The Bigfoot knob gobblers have it down to a science.  Anything that is not readily explainable is obviously evidence of their existence.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:46:23 AM EDT
[#27]
FPNI
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ghosts don't exist.
View Quote
lol, my plaster castings of ghost footprints say different.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:58:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I've had that maybe 5-6 times in my life. Last one was a year or so ago.

Nightmares haven't bothered me since I was a kid. Some of them are quite entertaining and some macabre. There's no horror movie been made since The Thing thats scared me.

But what happens in my head during SP? Its like a new level of fear I get a dose of couple times every decade.

ETA: last time it happened "someone" was in my room and a few of its buddies were outside the widow. Felt VERY real but it was nothing more than SP
View Quote
Yeah SP is all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My wife and I both had this happen one night while on vacation.  We were staying in a 150+ year old building, the owners claim it's haunted, the room was pitch black and in the late 1800's to early 1900's, that room was a doctor's office.  Pretty sure more than one person died in there over the years.  It was not an experience I care to repeat.  
View Quote
My house served as a funeral parlor in the 1920s. I have never told my daughter that since she spends some nights here alone during the week. The local historical society has pictures of the funerals of prominent townsfolk taking place in my living room.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:04:28 AM EDT
[#32]
I had a recurring nightmare about 15 years ago where the grim reaper dragged me out of my bed by my feet and out the 3rd floor patio door of my apartment.
It was ultra realistic and utterly terrifying. It finally stopped when I moved out of there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I usually masturbate feverishly without abandon when I get that feeling.
View Quote
I like your wordsmithing!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Why would you shoot your Guardian Angel?
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My house served as a funeral parlor in the 1920s. I have never told my daughter that since she spends some nights here alone during the week. The local historical society has pictures of the funerals of prominent townsfolk taking place in my living room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My wife and I both had this happen one night while on vacation.  We were staying in a 150+ year old building, the owners claim it's haunted, the room was pitch black and in the late 1800's to early 1900's, that room was a doctor's office.  Pretty sure more than one person died in there over the years.  It was not an experience I care to repeat.  
If you told her then she might start interpreting strange noises as ghosts and then will post a thread on Arfcom entitled, "What do I do about my ghost?"
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:49:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you told her then she might start interpreting strange noises as ghosts and then will post a thread on Arfcom entitled, "What do I do about my ghost?"
View Quote
I'd rather do without the frantic 2 am calls about weird noises while I'm on duty. Even if it costs me an amusing thread. House was built in 1872 and I did not know its history at the time I bought it. I probably still would have bought it though because it's huge, I got it at a good price and IDGAF about no ghosts. No evidence they prepped bodies here. I think they just used the parlor for display. All the woodwork is original including functional shutters. Unfortunately it's missing the cupola it originally had.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Or possibly Demon(s).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or possibly Demon(s).
I have gotten rid of a sleep demon with some prayers I found on the net.  Prayer is real.  Demons are real.

My wife and I saw the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#39]
There was a kid's book I read when I was ~ 4.  Fucking terrified me for years lol.

Forget the name but this fucking thing called...a Tail-E-Po?

Fuck that story lol.

Anyway it ended with the damn thing, killing his hunting dogs, creeping into the house, creeping UP the foot of his bed, demanding its tail back and destroying the man AND his entire house leaving only the chimney....

NOPE NOPE NOPE
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:22:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Awww he just spilled the cream cheese and raspberry preserves! Poor guy was just trying to make you breakfast!
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#41]
i have kids, so ya
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Is it still sleep paralysis if you are wide awake and not paralysed? Because that how it was with me. Sometimes I was already wide awake, reading a book or watching TV when I got that feeling.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Frodo puts the ring on his finger.

Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'd rather do without the frantic 2 am calls about weird noises while I'm on duty. Even if it costs me an amusing thread. House was built in 1872 and I did not know its history at the time I bought it. I probably still would have bought it though because it's huge, I got it at a good price and IDGAF about no ghosts. No evidence they prepped bodies here. I think they just used the parlor for display. All the woodwork is original including functional shutters. Unfortunately it's missing the cupola it originally had.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427882/IMG_3697-452726.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/427882/IMG_3697-452726.JPG
It is a good looking house, and the proximity of that water supply must give you an excellent ISO rating for insurance rates.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:31:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#46]
I have had "sound" dreams, where I hear a loud "BANG" or other noise and it wakes me from sleep. I get up, do a house sweep, and nothing.
I then lay down and listen for a half hour or so before I am sure that it was just a dream.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top