Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got really great vision in the dark.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think I had exceptional nightvision until I met my wife.

I'll loading/unloading the dishwasher in darkness (not to me) and she thinks I'm insane and just feeling around for the cupboard, etc.

I can see the goddamn pictures on the mugs.

Most of the time if I am home alone at night I won't have any lights on. It is comfortable for me and I see just fine.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Spent some time in an ultra max.
Got a shine job done.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Fair to poor.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
mine is terrible. always has been, but it's actually getting worse
View Quote

Mine sucks too.  I Wont drive at night without glasses.

My visions like 20/25 and 20/35 so I can drive in daylight without issue (though I always have prescription shades on just because I want to be able to read signs before its too late to turn).  But at night, I never feel comfortable gauging how fast/far other cars are at intersections.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
mine is terrible. always has been, but it's actually getting worse
View Quote

Not great, not bad.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#7]
My natural night vision is excellent.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
How would anyone know? Are there standards for human night vision? Has anyone who replied in this thread been tested against those standards?

Arfcom's always was good for some variation of "I'm better than most at _________ because I believe it to be true."
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Terrible.

Detached retina and torn retina aren't exactly helping day or night vision but it seems to affect the night vision the worst.

I've actually started letting other people drive at night assuming I don't have to drive by myself.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Almost 45 and have to use the flashlight on the phone to read menu in really  dark/dim restaurants.  
View Quote

I swear it's like a conspiracy so you can't see how much they are over charging you.

I don't even hide it anymore. I either use the phone or when I can remember it a small AAA driven LED flashlight. Screw these damn dim as a cave eating joints.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]
My right eye used to not pick up much light at all during the night.

If I closed my left eye it was like looking through sunglasses.

Recently it has cleared up, though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How would anyone know? Are there standards for human night vision? Has anyone who replied in this thread been tested against those standards?

Arfcom's always was good for some variation of "I'm better than most at _________ because I believe it to be true."
View Quote

I only have empirical data from my personal experience

My standard is my wife and 3 kids

They cannot see well in the dark, I can
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Also, be aware being outside for extended periods of time without UV shades will destroy your night vision capability as time goes by.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Imperfect color perception

Excellent night vision.

Something about my rods to cones ratio.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 6:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
actually improving now that i've quit smoking.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

in my anecdotal experience, there are people who see much better at night than others, even when ambient light is accounted for

i am not one of these people
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Very bad.  Even dim lighting, things are out of focus.  And to top it off, I have photophobia. Bright lights at  night are actually painful.  Got my windows tinted much darker than legal limit due to this. Headlights coming up behind me at night was a real bitch in the rear view mirrors before the tint.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:44:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm 53 so my night vison sucks.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top