Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/1/2017 12:53:51 PM EDT
Gov. Chris Christie ordered a shutdown of the New Jersey state government early Saturday morning. The 2017 N.J. government shutdown is the first here since 2006 and left residents scrambling as they found state beaches closed, park entrances blocked and confusion at DMV offices.

State law requires a budget to be in place every June 30. If not, the governor shuts down the state. The shutdown includes closures, furloughs and basically putting a lid on everything that is deemed a non-essential service. LINK

I'm sure "essential service" covers almost everything but I can't help but laugh. Hey voters, this is what you get.

Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol. Fuck that state
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So they can pay the St Police to sit at the entrance and block a park vs just letting it be open with no official services?

Fucking government.
View Quote
Someone might get hurt if they're not carefully watched over at all times.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So they can pay the St Police to sit at the entrance and block a park vs just letting it be open with no official services?

Fucking government.
View Quote
Of course. Just like when obummer shut down the federal government, it's all about punishing the people into accepting more taxes.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:02:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
One guy blocking the road is less than 4 guys patrolling.

When that happened with the feds under Clinton, everyone was off but LE. There to provide basic services to residents that were within the park area and block out everyone else from coming in. Those were quiet days at work
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
This.

Outa money?    Good.  Go Home and let the people be free.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
WA was going to close parks this weekend too but they changed it at the last minute.
Just a ploy to raise taxes, .gov does the same thing every few years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
Its essential to keep the peasants off the King's land.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#10]
You get the government you vote for 
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
EBT is still flowin'.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:14:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol. Fuck that state
View Quote
This.

Went through that shit hole back in 1984,never again
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

When that happened with the feds under Clinton, everyone was off but LE. There to provide basic services to residents that were within the park area and block out everyone else from coming in. Those were quiet days at work
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking government.

I've been to a lot of beaches that didn't have 4 guys patrolling.  In a lot of states.  There are usually zero guys patrolling.  

But I bet the states cost per-hour of 4 low wage lifeguards and beach security is relatively close to one state trooper sitting in a cruiser all day.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Fucking morons

Left there in 1980, never going back
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
It's what they always do.

Can't pass a school levy? Shut down bus service to punish the parents.

Can't pass an idiotic pet project funding? Severely restrict Police and Fire budgets to punish the residents.

It's all about making cuts that hurt taxpayers.

It's never about conservative fiscal responsibility.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:23:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Gov. Chris Christie ordered a shutdown of the New Jersey state government early Saturday morning. The 2017 N.J. government shutdown is the first here since 2006 and left residents scrambling as they found state beaches closed, park entrances blocked and confusion at DMV offices.

State law requires a budget to be in place every June 30. If not, the governor shuts down the state. The shutdown includes closures, furloughs and basically putting a lid on everything that is deemed a non-essential service. LINK

I'm sure "essential service" covers almost everything but I can't help but laugh. Hey voters, this is what you get.

https://i.imgur.com/0kSuGPs.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Jso5wgY.jpg
View Quote

Gov. Chris Christie going to get roasted
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
This happened at some of the civil war battlefields too- I'm sure you guys remember when this happened at the fed level a few years back. Well, my old man was touring some of those battlefields at the time.

I got a picture in my email from my dad- it's my almost 70 year old father climbing over a fence holding his hook up and the caption is "guess which finger I'm holding up"  (he doesn't have hands, he has a Captain Hook like prosthetic)
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I vaguely remember something like this with Ted Cruz's government shutdown. The Parks are always hit hardest.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#21]
How do people not about their daily lives without someone watching over them.
they don't need park people 
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#22]
ride by the guy  

get arrested   make a stand  

what  fucking jury  in their right mind would convict.  

now have everyone else do it also .

BLM  tactics
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:28:52 PM EDT
[#23]
So sitting on the beach requires government oversight?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
Hurt the tax payers who paid for it and continue to pay for it to make a political point....meanwhile the elite vacation at the finest spots...
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#25]
You know the reason New Yorkers are so depressed?

They know the light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This happened at some of the civil war battlefields too- I'm sure you guys remember when this happened at the fed level a few years back. Well, my old man was touring some of those battlefields at the time.

I got a picture in my email from my dad- it's my almost 70 year old father climbing over a fence holding his hook up and the caption is "guess which finger I'm holding up"  (he doesn't have hands, he has a Captain Hook like prosthetic)
View Quote
That's great.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Good.

Less shitheads on the highways.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Ya' gotta love New Joisey.

In their honor I'm going to holster my P320 and go for a walk.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Of course. Just like when obummer shut down the federal government, it's all about punishing the people into accepting more taxes.
View Quote
Bingo!
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote

Kind of like the temper tantrum Obama threw when the government shut down happened a few years ago. He spent more money blocking and shutting down public parks and monuments than they saved. Fucking retards.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Drove thru NJ this morning. Couldn't help but think wtf when all the electronic signs on the highway just said "all state parks closed" lmao
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Good.

View Quote
Oh come on, troopers aren't that bad.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:42:31 PM EDT
[#33]
In this case Prieto is the good guy and Christie is the asshole.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Fucking government.
View Quote
weirdest over-time ever
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

They're essential personnel.  This doesn't effect them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:53:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Don't forget sweeney.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
ride by the guy  

BLM  tactics    
View Quote
Its Jersey. The state that keeps voting in these clowns over and over again. You sure you want to stand by that?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Zero fucks given
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Shark?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#40]
... Good. Anytime a Liberal asshole feels the pain of their misdeeds, the better
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:05:02 PM EDT
[#41]
The way they do these government shutdowns should infuriate the citizens of NJ. Government workers should all just go home, but instead they try to inflict maximum pain on the population. Heaven forbid the government shuts down and nobody notices! It's all a political stunt show.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Snookie and The Situation won't be able to go to the Jersey Shore?

That's a damn shame.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Both are assholes. They're New Jersey residents.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Meh, the national guard base has the nicest and least crowded beach anyways.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The way they do these government shutdowns should infuriate the citizens of NJ. Government workers should all just go home, but instead they try to inflict maximum pain on the population. Heaven forbid the government shuts down and nobody notices! It's all a political stunt show.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#46]
I hear Illinois is going to pave over and fence off all the parks and beaches after this Friday
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Wait,... so they don't have money to run the parks so they send park police to block them off???

Why don't they not block it off and save actual money?   I mean WTF?   It's not like you need electric to turn on the trees.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hear Illinois is going to pave over and fence off all the parks and beaches after this Friday
View Quote
They would, but they can't afford to.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wait,... so they don't have money to run the parks so they send park police to block them off???

Why don't they not block it off and save actual money?   I mean WTF?   It's not like you need electric to turn on the trees.
View Quote
That what I was wondering.  How do you "close" the outdoors?
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Its Jersey. The state that keeps voting in these clowns over and over again. You sure you want to stand by that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ride by the guy  

BLM  tactics    
He also needs to brush up on how we conduct trials.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top