BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They should have given the SE-R round lights to complete the E30 ripoff styling.

From the same era and also with some borrowed styling,the later Isuzu Impulse looked fantastic

http://consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/91805021990003.jpg
View Quote
I had that exact car...it was loads of fun to drive.

It only about 200 hp, but awd and good suspension and very light.  The seats were nice Recaro adjustable deals.

It was a great car until some lady, who had no drivers license, no insurance , in not her car, who decided not to speak English, t-boned me.  The car was totalled by insurance and the collision repair place guy's comment was "wow, Porsche parts are cheaper than this."  Not many were brought into the US
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Maybe if you posted a pic of one that wasn't ruined with modifications.
View Quote
Only modifications are the wheels and it is lowered a inch there is a few different front bumpers they came with.

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Only modifications are the wheels and it is lowered a inch the rest is stock.
View Quote
Here's that guy's modification list, so right back at ya.

http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/94177-Toyota-Celica-widebody-All-Trac-GT-Four-ST185-85k-miles-4WD-TURBO

Cylinder head built by BMS racing engines, new supertech valve seals, 3 angle valve job, hot tanked, and milled, new OEM guilds, valves clearance
-Honed and ringed
-ARP head studs
-Cometic head gasket 1mm
-ARP rod bolts
-New OEM Toyota/Aisin water pump
-New OEM Toyota/Aisin oil pump
-New OEM Toyota timing belt, tensioner and idlers
-New OEM distributor seal set
-New OEM front and rear main seals
-New OEM seals and gaskets and oil pick up
-New OEM Toyota fuel lines including cold start line
-ATS racing TVIS (intake butterfly valve/spacer delete kit)
-ATS racing FPR mod
-ATS racing fuel rail
- Pure Turbos -54 trim CT26 upgrade (October 12)
-OEM turbo gaskets
-OBXR equal length manifold ( Ceramic coated)
-3 inch catless downpipe ( Ceramic coated)
-3 inch Fensport Exhaust
- Samco intake hoses
- Fensport fuel cut defender
- HKS SSQv4 BOV
-Gates accessory belts
-New OEM heater core hoses
-New gates rad hoses
-New Bosch caps and rotor
- New Bosch Plug wires 8mm, and plugs

AWD ST185 gear box
-Fidanza flywheel
-Exedy Stage 1 clutch kit
-ARP flywheel bolts

-BC racing type BR coilovers
-New lower ball joints
-New pads and rotors around the car.
-brand new XXR 527's 17x8.25 +25
-brand new Kumho 205-40-17
-brand new Moog inner/outer tie rods, front and rear sway bar end links
-brand new Moog rear camber bolts
-New store brand bellows boots (tie rod boots)

Exterior/interior
-OEM functional all-trac hood for TMIC
-GT-Four wide body front fenders with markers
-Carlos Sainz OEM front bumper with fogs and support
-JDM OEM corner lights
-AEM Uego wideband
-Blitz boost gauge
-Blitz SBC i-color boost gauge 4 channel, dual controller ($1100)
-Super 10 package with power leather seats with power bolsters and rear buckets
-JVC head unit
-Super 10 sounds
-leather interior
- Power moon roof
-power windows, locks mirrors, seats, memory seat/steering
- Cruise control
-Antenna removed block off plug (the honda ones), still works fine
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]
So many Mazda's.
As a Mazda dealer tech and then service manager until the mid 90s I can say Cosmos are pretty rare. Norfolk Virginia has higher than normal number due to DOD employees shipping them back when they rotate back to the states.

I had company demos of all the other Mazda's listed here 90s and below, and except the Cosmo. Only worked on Cosmos.
The 323gtx rally model was an outstanding car in the snow. The 929 was the flag ship for awhile and except for shitty engine lifters a trouble free car, it was my good impression DATE car.
The first gen RX7 would have to be my favorite to work on and next early 80s b2000 simple and very reliable.

RX8 were race cars for the road. BEFORE SALE in the USA they gave them to factory dealership reps as work cars. Most hated them to work from because they had just come out of 929 or 626. The Reps drive to every dealership in their region and are on the road everyday the RX8 was shitty at adverse weather.
 At one point 80% of all those factory cars nationwide were out of service from being wrecked. Lack of parts left some in the bodyshop for months.
Its one of the most impressive handling cars I've ever driven that includes all the models I've driven from working at the Porsche dealer in service.
Boo on rotary engines though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This should make some GD Toyota Fanboys moist...

Toyota Celica Alltrac Turbo

https://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/motors/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1990_celica_alltrac_turbo_11.jpg
View Quote
There is one holding down a driveway not too far from my house.
Hasn't moved for years, not for sale.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This should make some GD Toyota Fanboys moist...

Toyota Celica Alltrac Turbo

https://www.ebaymotorsblog.com/motors/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/1990_celica_alltrac_turbo_11.jpg
The only thing I can criticize is that I'd have put the OZ or Sparco rally wheels on it but then again,if it were mine it would be covered in rock chips and dents so it's probably better that it's not.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn thread is like a time machine. ive driven so many of these old.ones... nice
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No. They were never available here. Since they are 25+ years old, they can be imported now, I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ford RS200?

Did you guys even get these in the sates? Seen asking prices of >$300k

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2015/06/1986_Ford_RS200_Evolution_0066-700x333.jpg
No. They were never available here. Since they are 25+ years old, they can be imported now, I think.
They're been more than a few imported since 2011. They traded @ $100-125k then. EVO went for about $150k just after exemption, looked janky. Ended up in Canada.

Last one I recall RM auction was about half a mil couple years ago. Dont think an EVOs traded since, but they are appreciating.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#9]
That Renault Alpine, I want sooo bad. That is cool and had never heard of it before.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 10:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My mom had a Ford EXP growing up.  It is the only one I have ever seen.   It had nothing for a back seat and was turbo charged.   It was very similar to the one in the photo.  She used to pile 3 of us kids in the back without a seat.  Man those were the good ole days of no fucks given about your kids!  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/exp-463742.JPG
View Quote
I almost bought one of those, but opted for an 86, 2.3 Mustang instead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bought one of these in the mid 80s from a shithole car dealer for 750,,,it was fun and fast inline 4 with twin turbos, rear mid engine.

Saw one recently go for over 100k

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/152303/image-463741.JPG
View Quote
Are you Turkish, lived in Germany and bought it from an Albanian name Urim in the mid 80s?

@ilikeporkchops - Serious man I wanna hear more about that car. What color was it?

If you bought even a 5 year old  grey market R5 Turbo (not a Turbo 2) for $750 in the 80s in the USA, somebody's on drugs. Most of those cars came in in 83 and 84 and were RT2s

R5 Turbos and Turbos 2 only had a Garret T3 not twins. They made about 170hp and never broke 7 secs - pretty good for the day, about a half second slower than a GLH-S. Turbo 2s were slower as they didnt have the lightweight comp spec build.

The super rare race trim Maxi Turbo made 345hp. It was single T too - T31 IIRC
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a Subaru XT6 that was a hell of a lot of fun when I was a teenager. The cockpit felt like being in an X-wing.

I would love to have that car back.

Just like this one but silver with a small spoiler.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
LOL!

My moms was in the back yard up until around 2005.  I looked after I posted the photo and I didn't see one for sale online with just a quick search.  Might be a real rare bird these days!
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Buddy had one until recently. Unique styling that works. Always got looks and attention.

Never more juxtaposition between beauty and reliability.

Attachment Attached File

Somebody liked GTXs

Attachment Attached File

Not 80s, but we did A110s so might as well get a good looking French example in here.

Attachment Attached File

Hindsights 20/20, but I dodged a bullet here.

Attachment Attached File

This ones a Integrale 16V - buts is basically a 70s design,  80s icon.

Attachment Attached File

Faculty member at my college had one. Walked by it a couple times a month, never did determine the owner.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Those Biturbos were some of the worst autos I've ever worked on. The metallurgy, switches, electronics, plastic,wood even the leather, hell every component had sometype of fatal flaw.  
I'd be more likely to agree the juxtaposition was cost VS reliability, sadly even Jag had a better cost VS reliability quotient.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
SNIP

Honda Prelude? I think half the people in here owned one of those gutless B21A1/B20A5 shitboxes at one point in time
View Quote
The Prelude 4ws, not a run of the mill Prelude. The Prelude 4ws was definitely obscure and 99.9% of Americans have no idea that it was ever available on US soil.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Those Biturbos were some of the worst autos I've ever worked on. The metallurgy, switches, electronics, plastic,wood even the leather, hell every component had sometype of fatal flaw.  
I'd be more likely to agree the juxtaposition was cost VS reliability, sadly even Jag had a better cost VS reliability quotient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
LOL not that its a great looking car - its was just that shitty.

Friends of my parents bought one new. The stories. He had an XJ12 prior - almost like he sought out the worst possible status cars. Nothing said  "I have no place I am required to be" like what he drove.  He ended up with an Elan and a Range Rover at some point as well. Finally my dad convinced him to stick with MB. Dude was a masochist.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My mom had a Ford EXP growing up.  It is the only one I have ever seen.   It had nothing for a back seat and was turbo charged.   It was very similar to the one in the photo.  She used to pile 3 of us kids in the back without a seat.  Man those were the good ole days of no fucks given about your kids!  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/exp-463742.JPG
Not all of the 2.3 Mustangs in 86 were bad.

The SVO....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Someone mentioned Renault Alpine?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Had one in high school. They are super high maintenance, are prone to blowing head gaskets if they overheat for a second, and the fuel injection system is very poorly implemented if easy to work on. The 2.6 i4 was awesome though because it had enough low end torque to get the car off the line until the turbo spooled.

Eta: I would buy one right now if they remade them with multiport fuel injection, better ignition, heads without jet valves, and reworked the headlights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not all of the 2.3 Mustangs in 86 were bad.

The SVO....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/54089/18nd0g3o29ytejpg-463952.JPG
View Quote
Unfortunately, no turbos for poor high school kids.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Friends of my parents bought one new. The stories. He had an XJ12 prior - almost like he sought out the worst possible status cars. Nothing said  "I have no place I am required to be" like what he drove.  He ended up with an Elan and a Range Rover at some point as well. Finally my dad convinced him to stick with MB. Dude was a masochist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd bet he was a nice guy too. Jag customers seem to be the most amicable out of all the high end brand customers when their shit breaks.
BMW customers are the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Bought one of these in the mid 80s from a shithole car dealer for 750,,,it was fun and fast inline 4 with twin turbos, rear mid engine.

Saw one recently go for over 100k

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/152303/image-463741.JPG
View Quote
Fuggin' awesome dude... you had one those badass LeCars... I thought those were so cool as a kid.. anything widebody right?

were you banging Fatima Blush at the time too?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#24]
those a great looking cars... and kind of sophisticated from what I've read
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

They should have given the SE-R round lights to complete the E30 ripoff styling.

From the same era and also with some borrowed styling,the later Isuzu Impulse looked fantastic

http://consumerguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/91805021990003.jpg
View Quote
Very BMW 8xx-ish.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:05:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Prelude 4ws, not a run of the mill Prelude. The Prelude 4ws was definitely obscure and 99.9% of Americans have no idea that it was ever available on US soil.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

Honda Prelude? I think half the people in here owned one of those gutless B21A1/B20A5 shitboxes at one point in time
The 4WS was VERY common. It was in all of the Si models and the steering continued into the next generation's models that came with the H23A1. The "rare" Preludes of the 87-91 body style were the base model ludes with the B20A3 SOHC Carbureted engines. Rare because nobody bought them.

The next body style running from 92-96 had 4WS in the cars that came with the H23A1, but those weren't the rare ones of that generation. The rare ones had the H22A1 engine because not many people bought them.

Most Honda guys don't realize this because Honda guys tend to not notice a lot of stuff, but all that technology that Honda likes to proudly display on their cars, well, most of it is in use by other car companies that just don't make such a big deal about it. When Honda went around boasting about 4WS in the Prelude, it was already in use in other cars, even piece of shit cars like the Mazda 626 had 4WS.  If you go back a page or two, you'll see a Mitsubishi Galant VR4; even that car had 4 wheel steering. Honda used to put DOHC, PGM-FI, VTEC, and other shit on placards on their trunks to make such a big fuss about having technology that they didn't invent and half the cars on the road were also using. I'm surprised Honda doesn't have brochures bragging about using glass windows. Honda's current marketing campaign is for their torque vectoring all wheel drive systems.   You can't watch a single Ridgeline ad without hearing those two magical words: Torque Vectoring. I guess Honda is just so happy to be the last ones to the party to utilize technology that Mitsubishi invented a decade ago. Like seriously Honda, even lowly cars like the Nissan Juke use torque vectoring, so stop saying torque vectoring in all of your adverts.

/Honda rant

Back on topic

3000GT Spyder VR4 (this car also had 4 wheel steering)

Plymouth Prowler

2.3L I-4 Turbo thunder turd

2.3L I-4 Turbo Mustang

Same engine as above two cars, but in an ugly ass Merkur XR4Ti

GMC Syclone

GMC Typhoon

Honda Integra XSi (AWD)

Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo (4G61 1.6L)
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP

It sucked they didn't have the VTEC motor offered though. I dunno wtf that was all about. I'd have been all over the 4WS/SI if it was available.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wanted one of those bad in HS
had a 280ZX Turbo in HS so I wasn't exactly deprived though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mitsubishi Starion/Dodge Conquest
I wanted one of those bad in HS
had a 280ZX Turbo in HS so I wasn't exactly deprived though.
Starion's are badass. I can't stand FWD. Learned to row gears on a '91 SHO and wished it was RWD every time I drove it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Chrysler really screwed up with the Prowler, they should have gone with a V-8 instead of a V-6.

Modern/Retro Street Rod with a V-6 is just wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Everyone forgets these - NUMMI GTI
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The 4WS was VERY common. It was in all of the Si models and the steering continued into the next generation's models that came with the H23A1. The "rare" Preludes of the 87-91 body style were the base model ludes with the B20A3 SOHC Carbureted engines. Rare because nobody bought them.

The next body style running from 92-96 had 4WS in the cars that came with the H23A1, but those weren't the rare ones of that generation. The rare ones had the H22A1 engine because not many people bought them.

Most Honda guys don't realize this because Honda guys tend to not notice a lot of stuff, but all that technology that Honda likes to proudly display on their cars, well, most of it is in use by other car companies that just don't make such a big deal about it. When Honda went around boasting about 4WS in the Prelude, it was already in use in other cars, even piece of shit cars like the Mazda 626 had 4WS.  If you go back a page or two, you'll see a Mitsubishi Galant VR4; even that car had 4 wheel steering. Honda used to put DOHC, PGM-FI, VTEC, and other shit on placards on their trunks to make such a big fuss about having technology that they didn't invent and half the cars on the road were also using. I'm surprised Honda doesn't have brochures bragging about using glass windows. Honda's current marketing campaign is for their torque vectoring all wheel drive systems.   You can't watch a single Ridgeline ad without hearing those two magical words: Torque Vectoring. I guess Honda is just so happy to be the last ones to the party to utilize technology that Mitsubishi invented a decade ago. Like seriously Honda, even lowly cars like the Nissan Juke use torque vectoring, so stop saying torque vectoring in all of your adverts.

/Honda rant

Back on topic

https://www.web2carz.com/images/articles/201612/vr4_spyder_lead_1481557381_800x600.jpg

Plymouth Prowler
https://cdn04.carsforsale.com/3/372491/10726454/thumb/893185398.jpg

https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/07/18/23/09/1987_ford_thunderbird_turbo_coupe-pic-36249-1600x1200.jpeg

2.3L I-4 Turbo Mustang
http://www.stinger-performance.com/Pics/BoltOn3.jpg

http://c-7npsfqifvt34x24tux2enpupsusfoex2edpn.g00.motortrend.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.npupsusfoe.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqx3ax2fx2ftu.npupsusfoe.dpnx2fvqmpbetx2ftjuftx2f6x2f3125x2f17x2f2096-2090-Nfslvs-YS5UJ-gspou-uisff-rvbsufst-qspnp.kqhx3fjoufsqpmbujpox3dmbodapt-opofx26gjux3dbspvoex7c771x3a549x26j21d.nbslx3djnbhf_$/$/$/$/$/$/$

GMC Syclone
https://s3.racingjunk.com/ui/2/54/46954542-199-Twin-turbo-gmc-syclone.jpg

GMC Typhoon
https://images.autotrader.com/scaler/620/420/cms/content/articles/oversteer/2016/09-sep/09-13/256975.jpg

Honda Integra XSi (AWD)
http://www.e-tunez.com/pics/Integra/photo%2023.JPG

http://archive.mirage-performance.com/features/eric2/5N00-7-20(12-32).jpg
View Quote
To quote my 5 yr. old daughter:

“You’re right, I’m wrong
You’re smart, I’m dumb
You’re pretty, I’m ugly”

In all seriousness though, thanks for the education.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Volvo 240 Turbo

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I never knew about these in the day, but there's Youtube channel called Tom's Turbo Garage where he rebuilds one a these... it's pretty cool, they were trick and they had all the tech... 4WD,4WS.. his even has a dash that changes colors(from the factory) or some other nonsense.

BTW the channel is real quality, he also owns a Miata with an LS5 or whatever that he did in his garage... guy is organized and immaculate in everything he does.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like you have things covered.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

/Honda rant

Back on topic

https://www.web2carz.com/images/articles/201612/vr4_spyder_lead_1481557381_800x600.jpg

Plymouth Prowler

https://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/07/18/23/09/1987_ford_thunderbird_turbo_coupe-pic-36249-1600x1200.jpeg

2.3L I-4 Turbo Mustang

http://c-7npsfqifvt34x24tux2enpupsusfoex2edpn.g00.motortrend.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.npupsusfoe.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqx3ax2fx2ftu.npupsusfoe.dpnx2fvqmpbetx2ftjuftx2f6x2f3125x2f17x2f2096-2090-Nfslvs-YS5UJ-gspou-uisff-rvbsufst-qspnp.kqhx3fjoufsqpmbujpox3dmbodapt-opofx26gjux3dbspvoex7c771x3a549x26j21d.nbslx3djnbhf_$/$/$/$/$/$/$

GMC Syclone

GMC Typhoon
https://images.autotrader.com/scaler/620/420/cms/content/articles/oversteer/2016/09-sep/09-13/256975.jpg

Honda Integra XSi (AWD)

View Quote
This is incorrect,only a small portion of them came with 4ws;it was not standard on the Si.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:14:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are you Turkish, lived in Germany and bought it from an Albanian name Urim in the mid 80s?

@ilikeporkchops - Serious man I wanna hear more about that car. What color was it?

If you bought even a 5 year old  grey market R5 Turbo (not a Turbo 2) for $750 in the 80s in the USA, somebody's on drugs. Most of those cars came in in 83 and 84 and were RT2s

R5 Turbos and Turbos 2 only had a Garret T3 not twins. They made about 170hp and never broke 7 secs - pretty good for the day, about a half second slower than a GLH-S. Turbo 2s were slower as they didnt have the lightweight comp spec build.

The super rare race trim Maxi Turbo made 345hp. It was single T too - T31 IIRC
View Quote
It was white.all the gauges and stuff were metric with a huge Renault sticker under the front hood with a bunch of French writing on it...should have kept it
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So many Mazda's.
As a Mazda dealer tech and then service manager until the mid 90s I can say Cosmos are pretty rare. Norfolk Virginia has higher than normal number due to DOD employees shipping them back when they rotate back to the states.

I had company demos of all the other Mazda's listed here 90s and below.
The 323gtx rally model was an outstanding car in the snow. The 929 was the flag ship for awhile and except for shitty engine lifters a trouble free car, it was my good impression DATE car.
The first gen RX7 would have to be my favorite to work on and next early 80s b2000 simple and very reliable.

RX8 were race cars for the road. BEFORE SALE in the USA they gave them to factory dealership reps as work cars. Most hated them to work from because they had just come out of 929 or 626. The Reps drive to every dealership in their region and are on the road everyday the RX8 was shitty at adverse weather.
 At one point 80% of all those factory cars nationwide were out of service from being wrecked. Lack of parts left some in the bodyshop for months.
Its one of the most impressive handling cars I've ever driven that includes all the models I've driven from working at the Porsche dealer in service.
Boo on rotary engines though.
View Quote
My sister had an RX8, and I had to drive that piece of shit from Indianapolis to Arkansas.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I had an '86 Starion turbo, looked a lot like that^^^^.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

My sister had an RX8, and I had to drive that piece of shit from Indianapolis to Arkansas.
View Quote
Those cars wore out fast. By design they removed every ounce of material to save weight, consequently a lot of the components are pretty delicate and deteriorated fast.  Who likes riding in a worn out go cart for 8 hours?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 5:15:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

/Honda rant

Back on topic

Plymouth Prowler

2.3L I-4 Turbo Mustang

GMC Syclone

GMC Typhoon

Honda Integra XSi (AWD)

View Quote
That list is missing one of the rarest.

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
my brother had an MX-3 V6

that thing was quick
View All Quotes
Have a 2.5 swap? The GS had @ 130 hp, but didnt seem like it.

Buddy had one, may have been ragged out, it was about as fast as my 88 CRX Si. Couple of friends - one with a stripped 16V swap Rabbit another w pretty stock EM Si used to rail on him. He ditched it and bought a brand new 2000 GTI. That was fast.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Not ultra obscure, but my dad bought a Dodge Raider just like this brand new in 1989.  Same color too.  Montero's lesser known brother.  I look for one on CL from time to time to turn into a trail rig.

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Had a professor in college who had a Berkley

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Jensen Interceptor.

I saw one of these about 20 years ago.  Had no idea what it was and chased it down until I could read the badging.

Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It was white.all the gauges and stuff were metric with a huge Renault sticker under the front hood with a bunch of French writing on it...should have kept it
View Quote
Cool now were getting somewhere - what color was the interior and exterior trim. Any grey market cars Ive seen had original orange KPH gauges - before RIs were req to swap.

What made you think it had twin turbos?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

Dodge Shelby Rampage
I had one for a “Shop Truck” when I worked at the Chrysler Shelby Performance Center in Santa Fe Springs, CA in 1984
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top